Author Topic: TAR 32 EP 10 LIVE SHOW UPDATES AND COMMENTARY 12/2/20 8-9PM  (Read 25960 times)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Re: TAR 32 EP 10 LIVE SHOW UPDATES AND COMMENTARY 12/2/20 8-9PM
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2020, 08:36:51 PM »
Yeah u-turning strategy of the NFL teams turned out to be their saviour. The siblings did make a good comeback, and had they U-turned the stronger teams, they might not have a chance to survive.

but then again all the DeAngelo had to do was watching the whole process of it
what might have been

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2020, 08:45:29 PM »
Considering James had made previous comparisons to TAR 21 when making the Mine 5, I guess a U-Turn block was inevitable.
Again fitting for the season, nothing wrong strategically but not the most entertaining. Though it would have been epic to have DeAngelo blow his lead that badly.
Not sure why every visit to Siem Reap needs teams to go to Tonle Sap.
The tile task was at least the most original.
Also, does every female greeter in Cambodia have to wear the same outfit? (Even international with Australia & Israel)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2020, 08:46:22 PM »
I certainly wouldn't go far as to say that the season is bottom 5; the tasks proved to be a big improvement from the TAR27/29 era, even if Cambodia/Colombia were disappointing. TAR13 remains the best Cambodia leg imo (besides Nuku's TAR:DC route lol), which coincidentally was the first episode I've ever watched live, so I certainly have a soft spot. Surprised they did so little with the temples of Angkor.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2020, 08:59:19 PM »
I certainly wouldn't go far as to say that the season is bottom 5; the tasks proved to be a big improvement from the TAR27/29 era, even if Cambodia/Colombia were disappointing. TAR13 remains the best Cambodia leg imo (besides Nuku's TAR:DC route lol), which coincidentally was the first episode I've ever watched live, so I certainly have a soft spot. Surprised they did so little with the temples of Angkor.

This tho. They could do a decent RB in angkor are and it would have been far better than having to do a tile... In Cambodia.
what might have been

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2020, 11:14:55 PM »
This leg was OK. Unbalanced Detours and a great Roadblock. (TAR 13 had a better Siem Reap leg though. Dandrew with the gas pump :2hearts:).

I like tasks where teams have to make an offering at places, so I really can't complain about that mini-task.

The fishing Detour looked like it took less time to do. Pulling the net, collect the fish, then weigh the fish. Teams did this very quickly and were the first done with the Detour.

However, the gardening Detour took slower because teams had to do a bit more in this side of the Detour. Mixing the soil could take awhile.

The Roadblock was fun. Having teams make a tile then having to solve a slide puzzle with the tile they made to place last was really creative.

Rating: 3/5

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2020, 11:47:36 PM »
Based on the roadblock performance of DeAngelo, what could have happened if Beard Bros were first at the u-turn and u-turned NFL ? Eswar & Aparna may have a chance to stay  :d025:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2020, 01:45:05 AM »
I felt bad for the eliminated team. But they seemed to be the weaker link on the 5 alliance.

My order of preference to win it now:

Riley & Maddison
Gary & DeAngelo
Hung & Chee/Will & James

But...anything can happen. Plus, Will/James are the ones who deserve the most, in my opinion. Flawless race.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2020, 01:58:09 AM »

Yeah I def agree it’s not bottom 5. Not great but not bad. What I’ve really liked about this season is that they’ve started bringing features of the older (first 10) seasons back, like the Yield, the mega leg (i’m surprised Phil said it was the first time bc they literally did this in Hungary), and going to more countries than usual. On that last note, i think this is the first season where every leg is in a different country, but if you count India as two legs, this hasn’t been done since like TAR10.

My main problems with the season are the leg lengths. Maybe it’s just bc TAR DC has given me a new perspective but with the exception of a few legs, most of these legs have felt VERY short (especially that Brazil leg, like wtf?) There have been a lot of really good tasks, like the last leg was stellar, but there have been very boring tasks or tasks that were unique to the location.

Also, anyone know why there’s never flight searching anymore? Is it due to budget constraints?

I think 30 and 31 were very good seasons, and I would even argue that 29 was good, but I feel like 32 has so far been mediocre compared to the last two strong seasons. I think if they’d fleshed out better legs in these cool rarely-visited locations, it would’ve made it a strong season on the producers’ part.

Offline mnicole

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2020, 02:11:36 AM »
Some posts are giving a low rating to the season.  I may be naive but I want to put it out there that there are viewers like me who are enjoying the Race this season.  And I want to give a shout out to the producers of the show and the production team on a job well done.

The preview for next week looks like a mini finale with the run/walk and the memory challenge.  I am partial to the NFLers, but if they happen to get eliminated next week...I hope CheeHu wins the Race.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:00:44 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2020, 03:11:05 AM »
NFL were on the U-Turn Board first than the others proved why Beard bros/ Will and James yielding the blondes made a better sense rather than yielding NFL
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 03:14:41 AM by elthemagnifico »
what might have been

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »
Aparna had one of the best greeting in the race  :lol: :lol:
Chad from S17 said hi: "Big smart doctor can't put a bicycle together! How is that PhD treating ya?"  :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 11:13:51 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2020, 09:21:16 AM »
I feel like there's something wrong with you when Brendon & Rachel showed more class then you when they faced the team they u-turned at the RB. At least, Brendon said "I'm sorry, let me tell you why we did it" rather than "whatever happened to sportsmanship, man? It's a race, you got u-turned that's part of the game. Control your emotion."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:21:13 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2020, 10:31:35 AM »

I was put off by that too to be honest. But is it crazy that I'm still prefer them over DeAngelo & Gary (DeAngelo particularly)?

I know I have a lot to say and they're not usually in one comment and that's annoying so I'm gonna try to be more coherent this time.

Much of how we like a team depends on how much we find them to be genuine & relatable. For example, we can dislike a team and side with the team opposing to them because someone we have problems with like them.

What Aparna said did make her seems "entitled" but I have a feeling in her mind, if Eswar & Aparna are gonna u-turn someone, they're gonna u-turn a strong team (Leo & Alana and apparently a lot of us think so too). That's why they freaked out when they got u-turned because it doesn't make sense to them. That led her to think that DeAngelo & Gary might have problems with them & didn't say anything. That's why she's so aggressive towards DeAngelo & Gary.

For me, I found DeAngelo to be ingenuine & Gary to just play along with him. He said he could have told Michelle & Victoria they forgot their stuffs in Brasil sooner but "witholding" that information because that would give them an advance. He said it's a game & he didn't care about what others thought but he's also the one who talked a lot about making sure Mine Five became Top Five (according to Hung at the start of leg 7 if I'm not mistaken).

All of those would be fine if they're actually that independent but they actually let the alliance carry them too. Like when DeAngelo freaked out at the RB in Berlin and begged Hung to not leave him behind or asked Hung & Chee where they could get a sheep head in Kazakhstan or tried to get Maddison & Riley to share a riskshaw with him in India. That showed me he's willing to receive all the help he can get. He just doesn't feel like he should do something for them in return.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:10:55 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2020, 03:50:49 PM »
Hey guys! This is for discussion of EP 10 only.

If you spot future spoilers please discuss in the SPOILER DISCUSSION thread.

I have moved the comments there:

https://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,34938.msg1289748.html#msg1289748

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2020, 08:21:41 PM »
Haven't actually watched the episode yet, I only skipped to the end to get an elimination screencap of the elimination. India was it for me, I have to been in the right mood before I watch another hour of the Mine 5 singing Kumbaya around the world :/

I read the Wikipedia and the tasks sound generic anyway.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:28:45 PM by Maanca »