Author Topic: TAR 32 EP 12 FINALE!! LIVE SHOW UPDATES AND COMMENTARY 12/16/20 8-9PM  (Read 44004 times)

Offline chriswong886

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 32 EP 12 FINALE!! LIVE SHOW UPDATES AND COMMENTARY 12/16/20 8-9PM
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2020, 06:23:32 AM »
A trend that I can observe is that there is much less hate being directed to the boyfriends ( now engaged)   :woohoo::clap2:) after the final leg was aired

It seems that many seemeingly understand that it was the production / the design of the legs that made the race boring but not the alliance / teams themselve.

Anyway, congratulations to Will and James and happily ever after  :luvya:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2020, 07:33:23 AM »
The finale episode is amazing and love the cultural city life tasks in New Orleans at the night leg. It has been two years I had waited for this so long that I will miss TAR 32 and will head to TAR 33 if that season will resume by 2021.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2020, 07:47:30 AM »
very disappointed, one of the weakest final legs IMO. I'm OK with whoever win, but the tasks were not challenging for a final leg. There was no changing placement, and of course no memory task. Basically whoever arrive first at the task will win the leg. Even the editing didn't try to show us the tension and close gap between the winner and the runner up 

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »
I couldn't even finish watching it once I knew who was winning.  I was actually bored watching the episode to begin with... spent more time concentrating on a game on my tablet.

There were some good teams on this race but unfortunately, they went out too early in my opinion. Mostly due to their own mistakes.

Definitely not one of my favorite seasons and definitely not one I would ever consider watching again.  I missed an episode a couple weeks ago because of an important phone call and didn't even try to watch it online later. 

Yeah, this season is probably on the bottom of my favorite list.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2020, 09:07:10 AM »
Here’s my suggestion: NO first class flight for the teams on the final leg.

It's so frustrating to have teams so well-rested that they have enough strength to run everywhere, finish the tasks and planning their winning speech before hand. It's tough feel emotional when the winner's reaction is highly compromised. It took the fun out of it.

They have been doing this fr years. I LIKE having the final 3 rested and on their best game play. Makes it more fun for me to watch!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2020, 09:23:36 AM »
Teams were also held back at the airport. There was a several hour period from their arrival to their release.

Sucks that first taxi/navigation played such a role.

I too was expecting a BIG memory challenge here. The beads was okay...required attention to color and size. And from being right there there was also an element of getting the crowd involved so they wuld toss the beads to YOU. You really had to WORK the crowd which I don't think came across on TV.The find the baby eating challenge was local color but essentially a random luck based task. I do not want LUCK on the final leg. I want SKILL--in using transportation/memory challenges (hard!) and expect the finalle to incorporate a truly challenging course.   

The non-memory Globe was a waste. Had it incorpotrated adding a flad to the exact locations or or SOMETHING memory related it could have been better.

Having said all that...I anm VERY happy with our winners. Having true fans who actually APPPLIED  (Hung and Chee fit this as well!) is far preferable to be that having recruited teams win.

James and WIll will do us proud! Very happy with the outcome.

Congratulations to the whole cast for an entertaining season!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »

It's so frustrating to have teams so well-rested that they have enough strength to run everywhere, finish the tasks and planning their winning speech before hand. It's tough feel emotional when the winner's reaction is highly compromised. It took the fun out of it.

They have been doing this fr years. I LIKE having the final 3 rested and on their best game play. Makes it more fun for me to watch!
I understand that you want to be nice to the finalists but don't you want them to test their limit? Under normal circumstances, I bet a lot of people would find the tasks to be piece of cake and the team would blow by those tasks quickly. There's not much joy in doing (or watching someone doing) something you know you can do without problems hence why it's looked like Will & James only got excited about winning the race & not about finishing the tasks. We come on the race beside winning the money, to accomplish something, isn't it? That's why in the past a lot of team never quit even when they knew they were dead last and at their breaking point & that's when the fun comes in for me. They had been racing without first class flight every legs, why stopped there?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 10:23:26 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2020, 01:19:38 PM »
I very much like what was in said in the above TWO posts. Agree with most everything said there.

It seems that many seemeingly understand that it was the production / the design of the legs that made the race boring but not the alliance / teams themselve.
It was 100% mostly the alliance that made the race boring. Production was great for most of the legs this season – imo the only poorly designed legs were 2 & 12. We had the alliance ruin multiple tasks like the Berlin RB.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2020, 01:37:50 PM »

I understand that you want to be nice to the finalists but don't you want them to test their limit? Under normal circumstances, I bet a lot of people would find the tasks to be piece of cake and the team would blow by those tasks quickly. There's not much joy in doing (or watching someone doing) something you know you can do without problems hence why it's looked like Will & James only got excited about winning the race & not about finishing the tasks. We come on the race beside winning the money, to accomplish something, isn't it? That's why in the past a lot of team never quit even when they knew they were dead last and at their breaking point & that's when the fun comes in for me. They had been racing without first class flight every legs, why stopped there?

They have been flying business or 1st on the home leg for years. I agree with making the tasks challenging.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2020, 02:37:46 PM »
I worked at the New Orleans Times-Picayune almost 6 years. I was shocked that Will couldn't eat 6 beignets. Mardi Gras World is fascinating and can be eerie, especially at night. I wished they had had to run around more in there. I was disappointed the Boyfriends won. It seemed like they were always performing, unlike Hung & Chee who seemed sincere.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »
LAST PIC!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2020, 03:51:52 PM »
Do we know by how far the boys were to Hung/Chee?
The fact they didn't even see each other at the globe challenge makes me think they had 60+ minutes

I feel like it's the first time the show isn't even trying to make it seem close.... like it was just.... as soon as they started doing the globe we knew they were going to win

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2020, 05:54:19 PM »
In one of the interviews, TVLine I think, Will or James estimated 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Which to me sounds about right.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2020, 06:08:30 PM »
I LIKE having the final 3 rested and on their best game play. Makes it more fun for me to watch!

I agree, as long as all teams get the same treatment.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2020, 07:08:43 PM »
You guys are repeating that over and over again...
How were they gonna make it seem close when Will & James were never at a task with another team after the king cake task??

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2020, 08:41:45 PM »
You guys are repeating that over and over again...
How were they gonna make it seem close when Will & James were never at a task with another team after the king cake task??

I get you, but then that means the leg was poorly designed... It ended up being the luck task that made Will and James win.
The irony is that it looked like was just pushing with his fingers but that ended up being the easiest way to find the baby.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2020, 10:26:56 PM »
That's exactly the point - the leg was poorly designed.
Wish we knew how long the cake task took for each team.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2020, 12:09:17 AM »
That's exactly the point - the leg was poorly designed.
Wish we knew how long the cake task took for each team.

I heard it took Riley and Maddison 3 hours

Offline chriswong886

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2020, 01:36:28 AM »
I very much like what was in said in the above TWO posts. Agree with most everything said there.

It was 100% mostly the alliance that made the race boring. Production was great for most of the legs this season – imo the only poorly designed legs were 2 & 12. We had the alliance ruin multiple tasks like the Berlin RB.

Not really. But it seems to me that the CBS has over-emphasised the importance of the alliance on the race. But if you take a closer look, the teams took themselves out regardless of the alliance.

Father/Son left their belongings in Manaus, Sisters navigation problems in Chantilly, Leo and Alana's struggle with detour and tried 10 times, blonde bandits cab madness in Hyderbad. I agree that the alliance dominated the season, but the influence is not really that big.

The most controversial leg is the Berlin and Manila leg. For the Berlin leg, it was an NEL so that the actual effect 'answer-sharing' was nullified, and the blondes are WAY WAY behind, which will only make little, if none difference in the placement of the teams.

For the Manila leg, the music task was both poorly designed and executed. I have listened to the France string quartet back and forth for 10 times, and I can't even match the rock version with it.

In general a few of the legs are poorly designed, as you have suggested such as the Bogota and Nola leg. But I'll add Manila and Paris leg to the list. Both of the legs seems like to be putting random tasks together

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2020, 02:50:11 AM »

Not really. But it seems to me that the CBS has over-emphasised the importance of the alliance on the race. But if you take a closer look, the teams took themselves out regardless of the alliance.

Father/Son left their belongings in Manaus, Sisters navigation problems in Chantilly, Leo and Alana's struggle with detour and tried 10 times, blonde bandits cab madness in Hyderbad. I agree that the alliance dominated the season, but the influence is not really that big.

The most controversial leg is the Berlin and Manila leg. For the Berlin leg, it was an NEL so that the actual effect 'answer-sharing' was nullified, and the blondes are WAY WAY behind, which will only make little, if none difference in the placement of the teams.

For the Manila leg, the music task was both poorly designed and executed. I have listened to the France string quartet back and forth for 10 times, and I can't even match the rock version with it.

In general a few of the legs are poorly designed, as you have suggested such as the Bogota and Nola leg. But I'll add Manila and Paris leg to the list. Both of the legs seems like to be putting random tasks together

We would have to check if the twins could survive without taking TWO yields...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline chriswong886

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2020, 08:09:22 AM »

We would have to check if the twins could survive without taking TWO yields...

Emm based on the track record of the blondes in the prior legs...
I will say that even if they make through this leg they will soon be eliminated in Cambodia given that they cannot outcompete other teams physically, regardless of the alliance and uturn being used on them

I will say the blondes may caught up to Eswar and Aparna,  and I am convinced that  and it is fair to say will  both teams got lucky and the alliance / NEL bring them further then their ability could’ve

But I do think L/A and M/V being eliminated in Almaty and Paris is such a bummer