Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106883 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #375 on: December 29, 2020, 01:15:40 AM »
I had this thought a while back but forgot to mention it: if Bertram wanted to keep the route as similar as safely possible when they returned, would he really be mentioning which locations had to drop out? I don’t think so (that would be unsafe for the racers)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #376 on: December 29, 2020, 04:17:35 AM »
Sounds like the TAR producers may've been listening to this season's criticisms after all :D

Bert & Elise are mulling over new alliance-stemming rules for next season - https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/12/amazing-race-32-producers-interview

Thanks Bertram & Elise for listening. You guys are the best.

:luvya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #377 on: December 29, 2020, 09:35:46 AM »
Aus remains on lockdown.

this isn't even true like 100k people out of 25 million are in lockdown and there were *three* community-transmitted cases yesterday - not only would it be painfully easy just to avoid nsw if for some reason in *six months* we cannot get our community transmission down from three to zero, but an australia visit would also be much safer than basically all other countries listed in that potential route, as they are all seeing covid cases spike, some significantly, other than new zealand and singapore

Not saying it may not be safe. Saying that US residents would not currently be allowed in.

"From Friday 20 March 9pm AEDT (6.00am EDT) Australia will NOT allow the entry of people who are not citizens, permanent residents or their families. Immediate family members who are not permanent residents must apply for an exemption if they wish to travel to Australia during this period. Detailed information about the exemptions is available on the Home Affairs website."
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #378 on: December 29, 2020, 09:49:18 AM »
I had this thought a while back but forgot to mention it: if Bertram wanted to keep the route as similar as safely possible when they returned, would he really be mentioning which locations had to drop out? I don’t think so (that would be unsafe for the racers)

That’s my thought too. Idt he’d have said as much as he did about the route if they were planning on sticking to it. I’d think the Europe locations are the safest.

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2020, 10:32:01 AM »
So what countries exactly do we know they visted/planned to visit?

Please do not ask for SPOILERS here.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:31:09 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #380 on: December 29, 2020, 10:49:57 AM »

They did two legs in the UK and they stopped in Sweden.

INFO removed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:26:31 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2020, 11:04:25 AM »

INFO REMOVED
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:27:15 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #382 on: December 29, 2020, 11:24:59 AM »
Guys. THERE ARE TO BE NO 33 SPOILERS POSTED HERE.

Please read the SPOILER ANNOUNCEMENT. I removed the spoilers for reasons that still stand.

Info posted by production may be shared.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:31:59 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #383 on: December 29, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »
Y'all MAY speculate on routes etc.

YOU MAY NOT POST ANY KNOWN SPOILERS HERE.

FWIW I do not think 33 will be resuming with the same previously planned format at all anyway.

But regardless...NO SPOILERS AT THIS TIME.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #384 on: December 29, 2020, 11:41:21 AM »
Sorry, I misunderstood the spoiler policies. My bad.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:55:15 PM by cerealking »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #385 on: December 29, 2020, 12:00:12 PM »
There's still a lot of Japan and South Korea they've never explored. They usually stick to the big two metros but Busan would be a cool place to visit if they're able to film this summer. They also haven't been to Taiwan in forever.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #386 on: December 29, 2020, 03:03:48 PM »
There's still a lot of Japan and South Korea they've never explored. They usually stick to the big two metros but Busan would be a cool place to visit if they're able to film this summer. They also haven't been to Taiwan in forever.
I am still waiting for a Busan leg and a Kaohsiung City leg!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #387 on: December 29, 2020, 03:37:14 PM »
What we want: other parts in Japan, highlighting the historical  and current uniqueness about that specific area

What we will get: WACKY GAME SHOW ANTICS IN TOKYO OR OSAKA, SO RANDOM XD

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #388 on: December 29, 2020, 03:58:03 PM »
FWIW I do not think 33 will be resuming with the same previously planned format at all anyway.
What do you mean here exactly?
Format as in route? Cast? Do you think they're starting over as if no legs for 33 had ever been filmed?

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #389 on: December 29, 2020, 04:37:53 PM »
Format as in route? Cast? Do you think they're starting over as if no legs for 33 had ever been filmed?
I have heard that they will resume where they left off. I am like 95% sure that they are doing this.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #390 on: December 29, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »

Imo at this point there’s no way they’re sticking to the original route. From what we know, there were probably at least two legs in middle income countries which are looking more at the summer or fall for vaccination whereas high income ones are spring and summer. A couple of people involved have said they hope to film by June or July and it will probably be a more prudent decision to just go ahead and wrap this one up ASAP. Stick to developed countries and then cross the bridge about 34 when they get there. Just my opinion tho.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #391 on: December 29, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »
I mean, if Peach just meant the route, it's kind of a nobrainer that they'll have to alter it due to the pandemic. Even without one, they might not wanna do some of the locations they had planned anymore.
If we really had 3 episodes filmed in the UK instead of 2, that screams replacement leg to me, they'll probably want fewer countries with consecutive legs than they had planned. Or maybe they won't care just to save budget.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2020, 05:52:16 PM »
I mean, if Peach just meant the route, it's kind of a nobrainer that they'll have to alter it due to the pandemic. Even without one, they might not wanna do some of the locations they had planned anymore.
If we really had 3 episodes filmed in the UK instead of 2, that screams replacement leg to me, they'll probably want fewer countries with consecutive legs than they had planned. Or maybe they won't care just to save budget.

Yeah I’m expecting lots of non travel legs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #393 on: December 29, 2020, 06:22:49 PM »
I have heard that they will resume where they left off. I am like 95% sure that they are doing this.

Not happening. We are (hopefully) looking at a whole different time of year for one.. Some countries will have borders closed that were not last FEB. ALL routes and tasks will HAVE to be reconsidered. Transportation will have to be different. Cast will need to re-commit and not all may be able or want to do that.  Depending on all that its possible that it could be easier to just start over.

I am not saying that WILL happen. I AM saying it MAY happen. Take it FWIW.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #394 on: December 29, 2020, 06:27:45 PM »
Yeah, I guess it's something that can only be known much closer to start than we're at now.
With things changing so quickly in this pandemic, someone might say right now that they are free to resume the race, then have to drop out closer to filming.

Same thing goes for routes, which is why I find it pretty silly to post routes here at this stage. A country that's handling the pandemic well right now might see a new surge in cases months later. Countries that aren't doing well at all right now might take care of it completely with vaccines over the next half a year. Or vaccines won't be as widespread that fast. Just too many unknowns right now, speculation seems quite worthless to me atm.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: December 29, 2020, 06:34:40 PM »
Didn't BVM or Phil said in interview that all remaining teams agreed to continue? It was in march though... Lot of could change. We know that one couple broked up.

GP, so do you think there is real possibility that TAR33 could start since the begining with new cast and these 3 legs with "corona" cast will never air?

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #396 on: December 29, 2020, 06:45:04 PM »
They could always just invite everyone back and recast those who don’t want to or can’t come back and just re-start it from the beginning.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #397 on: December 29, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »
They could always just invite everyone back and recast those who don’t want to or can’t come back and just re-start it from the beginning.

This cast has history together they can not just add some newbies teams to them and restart from the beginning, imo.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #398 on: December 29, 2020, 08:49:55 PM »
Kelly Kahl, President of CBS Entertainment, confirmed in mid-May that no one from the original cast has dropped out:

"Production on Survivor and The Amazing Race was interrupted. What precautions are you taking there and with those casts? Has anyone from either show dropped out?"

"I don't believe anyone has dropped out. We are going to take all precautions that take all steps to protect the health and safety of our contestants — or in scripted shows, or actors — but also certainly the crew. Everyone's health and safety is going to be taken into consideration.

SOURCE: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-plots-business-as-usual-fall-schedule-now-1295186

-----

Phil Keoghan confirmed on Twitter in early-April that the intention for season 33 of The Amazing Race IS to resume filming where they left off.

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan/status/1249782008311504896

-----

Phil Keoghan also confirmed in several interviews, most recently around mid-October,  when questioned about whether it would pick back-up where they left off, he said:

"We’ll go back and finish the season as soon as we’re able to do it safely. Our number one goal for all of us is to make sure people are safe and we pride ourselves on keeping people safe. We can't make that promise right now with the world the way it is. Rest assured, we will be back and we will hopefully be even better than we have been before. Every season we are trying to improve, to take it up a notch.

SOURCE: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/amazing-races-phil-keoghan-talks-season-32-covid-19-challenges/

-----

So it seems pretty clear that the plan from the beginning is to resume where they left. Granted, the original route and the original tasks will probably be different than what was intended, but I think the "resume" part is that the three (two?) episodes/legs they filmed will continue on with the same cast. So unless something has changed since mid-October when he gave his most recent statement on this (that I could find), then this seems to still be that plan.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:55:12 PM by OMGitsGARRET »

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #399 on: December 30, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »

Not happening. We are (hopefully) looking at a whole different time of year for one.. Some countries will have borders closed that were not last FEB. ALL routes and tasks will HAVE to be reconsidered. Transportation will have to be different. Cast will need to re-commit and not all may be able or want to do that.  Depending on all that its possible that it could be easier to just start over.

I am not saying that WILL happen. I AM saying it MAY happen. Take it FWIW.
I'm sorry, I meant like they are keeping the original 3 legs that they filmed! NOT that they are sticking to the original route. I'm sorry for the confusion.