Author Topic: TAR 32 EPISODE 2 Live Show Updates & Commentary 10/21/20 9PM  (Read 11368 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 32 EPISODE 2 Live Show Updates & Commentary 10/21/20 9PM
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2020, 02:26:37 AM »
I don't think ths can be blamed on taxi. Kellie & LaVonne completed the Volqueta task when they did only because Kaylynn & Haley were seen getting help from Leo & Alana and fixing their horn. Even if Kellie & LaVonne arrived to the task 10-20 minutes earlier due to a better taxi, it's likely they just stay at the task for longer until the same thing happens - Kaylynn & Haley are overheard getting help.

What was not shown was that their taxi driver got lost on the way to the pit stop, causing them about 30 minutes of time.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/the-amazing-race-32-kellie-lavonne-exit-interview/

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2020, 03:31:54 AM »
Uhhhhhhh

So apparently this leg was yet another KOR?? Just unaired??? Why??????

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/jgekq6
^ Read this thread

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »
I don't think ths can be blamed on taxi. Kellie & LaVonne completed the Volqueta task when they did only because Kaylynn & Haley were seen getting help from Leo & Alana and fixing their horn. Even if Kellie & LaVonne arrived to the task 10-20 minutes earlier due to a better taxi, it's likely they just stay at the task for longer until the same thing happens - Kaylynn & Haley are overheard getting help.

What was not shown was that their taxi driver got lost on the way to the pit stop, causing them about 30 minutes of time.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/the-amazing-race-32-kellie-lavonne-exit-interview/
The "no charger" curse :-[
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2020, 11:36:04 AM »
Uhhhhhhh

So apparently this leg was yet another KOR?? Just unaired??? Why??????

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/jgekq6
^ Read this thread

Don't think a clue means anything. Wouldn't have been TWO KOR's back to back when they haven't yet seen a hotel.

I don't think is a correct interpretation...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2020, 05:05:07 PM »
I know, it sounds super weird. It'd be unprecedented, just like the Leg 1 KOR elimination. But how else do you explain that clue?

In addition, Phil was reaching behind as if to grab a clue from his back pocket when Hung & Chee were arriving to the Pit Stop.

Some are saying the clues in his back pocket were visible at some points in the episode, so I'll have to rewatch and check for myself. Either way, have we ever had Phil give out clues at Pit Stop and have it not be a KOR leg? Not that I remember.

EDIT: we also see Kaylynn & Haley running off as Jerry & Frank approach the mat. Why do this and not let both teams stay on the mat for a minute, congratulating them on such a tight survival? Especially in recent memory there have been more instances of multiple teams on the mat.

Even if this was a regular Pit Stop, I just find the situation super weird. Why hand out clues?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 05:11:00 PM by Marionete »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2020, 08:45:57 PM »
I think we will get to find out next week!  :idgit
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2020, 09:04:58 PM »
For what it's worth, the photos of the Pit Stop are tagged as Episode 2.

We might not get that and just have teams directly in the Amazon lol

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2020, 09:29:37 PM »
I don’t think it will start in the Amazon as commercial has scene in airport that looks like Will and James and Riley and Maddison making an alliance.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2020, 10:11:23 PM »
 :ghug:
I know, it sounds super weird. It'd be unprecedented, just like the Leg 1 KOR elimination. But how else do you explain that clue?

In addition, Phil was reaching behind as if to grab a clue from his back pocket when Hung & Chee were arriving to the Pit Stop.

Some are saying the clues in his back pocket were visible at some points in the episode, so I'll have to rewatch and check for myself. Either way, have we ever had Phil give out clues at Pit Stop and have it not be a KOR leg? Not that I remember.

EDIT: we also see Kaylynn & Haley running off as Jerry & Frank approach the mat. Why do this and not let both teams stay on the mat for a minute, congratulating them on such a tight survival? Especially in recent memory there have been more instances of multiple teams on the mat.

Even if this was a regular Pit Stop, I just find the situation super weird. Why hand out clues?

They might try to save some budget by not allowing teams to stay at hotel  :funny:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2020, 02:38:32 AM »
Just got around to watching the episode! I do apologise for the late delay in my comments!

I have much of the same opinion as nearly everyone else here. I found the leg EXTREMELY linear and I thought the tasks weren’t exactly “culturally relevant” to the local culture of Colombia, which is what the show is all about...

Great to see to return of the Yield, I never really understood why they removed it in the first place!  :lol: :funny:

Feel bad for Kellie & LaVonne! They were pretty dominant in Leg 1 and I felt it was quite unlucky for them to loose in a four-way tie for last. :(

Love all of the teams so far! I don’t think I have liked a cast more than 32’s. Here’s hoping next week episode is more screwed more towards last week’s episode, then this weeks! Here’s hoping the ratings pick up a little as well!  :conf: :cheer:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2020, 09:25:33 PM »
The race has started and had it not been for peach's facebook post.... I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN.

TIME TO WATCH.......................................................... :lol:

Offline betheactress

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2020, 10:54:42 PM »
The race has started and had it not been for peach's facebook post.... I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN.

Same I had no idea until she posted in DC!! Also when I go to watch on the cbs website, the show is not even listed under "Popular" anyone have any idea why they are promoting MTV shows over their own "CBS originals"?

This episode was pretty mediocre. Leo and Alana helping the blondes over the other AA teams is not a good look for the show in 2020..!

The leg was also not great and it's sad they made it an elimination leg when the only deciding factor in the leg was just bad taxi luck. Like a 2 hour taxi ride!! Really? Was the mine that important??

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »

Same I had no idea until she posted in DC!! Also when I go to watch on the cbs website, the show is not even listed under "Popular" anyone have any idea why they are promoting MTV shows over their own "CBS originals"?

This episode was pretty mediocre. Leo and Alana helping the blondes over the other AA teams is not a good look for the show in 2020..!

The leg was also not great and it's sad they made it an elimination leg when the only deciding factor in the leg was just bad taxi luck. Like a 2 hour taxi ride!! Really? Was the mine that important??

Agreed. We should have had at least a task at the mines or not had departure times. The leg would have been more balanced that way. Not sure what the logic behind the leg having a short delivery task and then a first-come first-served Roadblock was.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2020, 08:23:46 PM »
Having two types of hourglasses was interesting as it brought an aspect of risk versus reward to get an earlier time.
The gold & emerald provided a cultural aspect and seemed to be there to prevent teams from grouping up.
The Roadblock was arguably the weakest task since only Alana struggled.
The truck decorating reminded several teams to remember to read the clue with several teams not realizing they had to hook up the horn.

Hung & Chee are really impressing with 2/2 leg wins.
Will & James are starting to remind me of Ernie & Cindy as superfans who prepared hard but get tripped up by small mistakes.
Kellie & LaVonne struggled with bad taxi luck but really worked hard to get back in the race.
I know, right?!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:07:14 PM by alecbaldwin »