Author Topic: TAR 33 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! EP 4 1/19/2022 9-10 PM EST  (Read 7073 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 33 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! EP 4 1/19/2022 9-10 PM EST
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2022, 09:01:16 PM »
Honestly, the fact that Akbar and Sheri could overcome a 30-minute deficit to beat two teams is a testament to the leg design, or at least the hope that self-driving for the rest of the race brings. It certainly makes the legs and episodes feel fuller!

I'm pretty shocked this leg was an elimination! I do not know how many legs we have; according to the number of episodes left, we could have 10 or 11, but it seems like we have to have NELs with 6, 5, and 4 teams left to fill the season?
Maybe there will be a non-elimination + keep on racing back-to-back at one point with every other leg being non-eliminations.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2022, 09:01:44 PM »
I need to hold in my laughter at what happened with the cops.  Unbelievable at what happened.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2022, 09:04:24 PM »
Wow, we get epic end credits again! Okay, best leg this season yet!  :yes:

STAY TUNED FOR SCENES FROM OUR NEXT EPISODE.

I think hindsight and time helped production a lot, and it shows.
The first two legs were clearly very rushed, as they were trying to got through as much as possible, while the tidal wave of the real world was rushing in.
Still wished we had a few more seconds to update us about the teams that were not able to return. But considering, there was clearly another ARI that was cut from the leg, not surprised there was not time for it.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2022, 09:07:06 PM »
I'm pretty shocked this leg was an elimination! I do not know how many legs we have; according to the number of episodes left, we could have 10 or 11, but it seems like we have to have NELs with 6, 5, and 4 teams left to fill the season?

Me too, I was expecting that they'd line it up with the vibes of the race returning, and make this one NEL.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2022, 09:07:47 PM »
Its definitely the best leg so far on this season, feels like old vibe TAR is going on with this leg, especially with self driving madness at the near end of the episode. Its weird that the two teams that would do the punch it were the last two teams of this leg while even sheri and akbar could overcome those two teams despite a heavy RB setback. What i can observe  of this stuff is that the punch it location is pretty much difficult to get to the pit stop than the toss it location or they were just that bad at navigations
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2022, 09:08:04 PM »
Well, damn. Thought the first leg of the filming resumption would 100% be a non-elimination. Now they're down to 6 teams in the fifth leg.
Overall, best episode yet this season! Taking leg design away from population centers may actually work out better if tasks like this are an indication.

Show content
Deja vu for the singing cops. They made practically the same mistake as last time :'(

Online redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2022, 09:08:40 PM »

There are six more episodes. So there will be 3 more eliminations legs, 2 non-elim/keep racing legs and then the finale (March 2nd).

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2022, 09:13:20 PM »
It's the leg we thought might never happen, and I'm glad that it felt normal. We had a pretty intense close competition and navigational issues even with automatics. The Roadblock surprisingly wasn't linear, and the Detour was good. It was also surprising that it wasn't a NEL, and it was sad to see a team done in by the same mistake.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2022, 09:23:16 PM »
I'm going to wrap up my post-live airing updates in this thread and present a, WOW. WOW. WOW. award.

The editing and MUSIC has dramatically improved for the better from the past three legs in the UK.
The rush to each location between teams feels like I was watching any TAR9-17 episode, the golden batch in my opinion.
Kim & Penn, Akbar & Sheri, Ryan & Dusty, Arun & Natalia, Michael & Moe, and Raquel & Cayla's storylines finally shined through in a competitive fashion.
The unpredictability at the end of the episode.
Teams all getting flustered at one point or another.
The scenery and my bias toward memories of my time trekking into the Swiss Alps.
The crew that was 19 months in the making.
Last, but not least, Michael & Moe, cheers for returning and giving it all both times and not giving up.
I am really moved by this.

Thank you to the editors, Phil, and teams for pulling together an episode that truly feels like an escape to the glory and essence of what TAR captured for me and transformed me into a lifelong fanatic! :luvya:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2022, 09:52:38 PM »
I don't know what happened, but felt the editing was much better this leg on the whole. Best episode of the season. I enjoyed the first three, but this one was definitely best. And loving the teams, feels very old school!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2022, 10:50:43 PM »
I realize Akbar is a coach and so he has a "motivational personality", but I wish he'd go a little easier on his wife. Sheri handled that climb the best she could, given her fear.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2022, 10:58:33 PM »
I actually really enjoyed this episode! Def my favorite of the season so far. Though I wish we could have seen this cut task. It was the task I was looking forward to most out of all of the ones previewed. :(

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2022, 01:34:39 AM »
Loved this episode, always love Switzerland's view & scenery. Still surprised it wasn't non elimination leg, feel sad with the cops eliminated first in both race. I wish they showed and told us why some teams that couldn't back and let them say few words :(

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2022, 07:35:12 AM »
WOW!

I am amazed. This episode was a home run for me. Switzerland always takes my breath away with the scenic landscapes. This is 1st time St. Gallen was visited, I think?
Loved the tasks. Absolutely stuck with Swiss culture. Finally an "extreme task" as this was lacking in the 1st 3 episodes. Self driving aspect and navigation is a plus. But automatic, this is a first.

The editing. Everyone got a decent amount of screen time. Everyone shined in the episode. It felt like a bygone era of TAR, good old times. The music as well, very suspenseful.
Props to the editors

Loved the cast! Great personalities and characters. Casting team did an amazing job with this batch. Everyone is likable, nobody to hate as compared to S.32, where more than half of the cast is dislikable. I think they took in people's comments and taken that into account.

I found it unfair, that the restart leg was an elimination leg. Wished it was NEL, it would feel better since these teams waited 19 months. This was a shock.

This is a new era of TAR. Major props to the TAR Team for pulling this off. In a COVID time, to pull of the Amazing Race is feat no other reality show can accomplish. Bertram & Elise and Team, I want another 10 seasons or more!!!

I cannot travel with this COVID situation, hence, this is the closest thing that I can get to see the world.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 07:38:19 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2022, 04:16:48 PM »
The Cabbage thing was indeed a Speed Bump for the two returning teams. There's a Parade article out talking with Michael & Moe. They should have shown it since this is part of what put those two behind.

https://parade.com/1324269/mikebloom/the-amazing-race-33-michael-norwood-moe-badger-eliminated-interview/

Offline Eugene Schwindlemyer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2022, 05:13:20 PM »
Cabbage?  They should have shown that.  I thought "Losers are gunna lose" but it turns out, they were set up to lose.

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2022, 05:28:46 PM »
I'm glad there were plenty of opportunities for Akbar/Sheri to catch up in the second half of the leg to make up for the slow start!

Switzerland was beautiful as always.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2022, 07:14:15 PM »
Wait, they have their first-ever Double Speed Bump and it didn't air? :groan:

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2022, 07:37:59 PM »
The Cabbage thing was indeed a Speed Bump for the two returning teams. There's a Parade article out talking with Michael & Moe. They should have shown it since this is part of what put those two behind.

https://parade.com/1324269/mikebloom/the-amazing-race-33-michael-norwood-moe-badger-eliminated-interview/

Explains why those two were the last teams. Agreed its weird that they didnt air that since its a historic double speed bump
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2022, 08:02:24 PM »
Okay, the task was explained more on RHAP's exit interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUiPQNBq5ow

Michael was inside the cabbage, and Moe had to tell him where to go with vocal directions. We've seen this kind of task used before.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2022, 01:35:22 PM »

It makes it even more annoying that it wasn't shown. There was actually a speed bump (pun intended) for these teams, They didn't simply fall behind. There was probably no speed bump board, and the info was probably in the same clue that was pointing teams to the detour choices, assigning this additional task for the two previously eliminated teams.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2022, 10:33:58 AM »
I heard an interview with Phil (on RobHasAPodcast) where he talked about greeting the teams after the Covid pitstop. He told us he had said "Before we were so rudely interrupted".
In the aired episode he only says "Before we were interrupted". But if you listen carefully you hear that there is a glitch in the audio track. just before "interrupted". So it seems as if somebody edited out "so rudely" so some reason.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2022, 02:20:46 PM »
"So rudely" might have come off as an inappropriate joke under the circumstances of Covid.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2022, 01:01:06 PM »

Either it should have NOT been in the press pics and NOT shown OR it should have been in the press and SHOWN.

I am still royally pissed. LOL
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2022, 08:38:16 PM »

Either it should have NOT been in the press pics and NOT shown OR it should have been in the press and SHOWN.

I am still royally pissed. LOL

Yeah agreed this issue tainted of what would have been a great leg. It would have explained why akbar and sheri were able to catch up with other two teams and pass them
what might have been