Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 9 (TAR ISRAEL) News, Media & Discussion of *spoilers*  (Read 11369 times)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Update from Ron Shahar when asked about HaMerotz LaMillion:

'There's nothing to panic about, once it's possible we'll do it. Right now I don't see how it can happen in the world, every country has its own corona laws. God forbid, if one of the contestants or crew members test positive, then what do we do? All sorts of things that go beyond normal production management. It probably currently produces such an expensive production because of these issues that they prefer to wait with it."

https://tmi.maariv.co.il/celebs-news/Article-871661

This interview came after Ron competed on The Masked Singer.

Includes video of Ron singing "(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" dressed as a doe: https://www.mako.co.il/good-evening-with-guy-pines-articles/Article-77fef2c59159c71027.htm

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 9 (TAR ISRAEL) News, Media & Discussion of *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 09:43:40 PM »
Unlike Canada or Australia, Israel's much too small a country to think about a domestic edition. The wait will be worth it.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
This was in Ron Shahar's IG story. Credit to Avid for noticing it!

Must mean Season 9 is on the horizon. 7 and 8 filmed back-to-back in 2018, so yeah, if it hasn't been cancelled, they're waaay overdue to film as well. Now's the time while every other version is.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
Translate this pliz

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Translate this pliz

Loosely: "Reshet is considering bringing back The Amazing Race."

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 11:25:58 AM »
News from last month.

https://www.israelhayom.co.il/culture/tv/article/12845708

"Israel Hayom" learned that in a new survey conducted among viewers, they were asked if they would like to return the successful reality show to the screen • Will it actually happen?

Is the old reality show "The Race to the Million" on its way to return to the screen? "Israel Hayom" has learned that a survey has been taking place in recent days, in which they checked the intentions of watching "The Race for a Million" if it returns to the screen.

In the survey, the participants were asked, among other things, whether they had watched the show in the past and which reality show they would like to see come back. At this stage it is not clear who commissioned the survey, but it indicates the feasibility and willingness of the television people to return the format to the screen.

"The Race for a Million" is considered one of the most beloved reality shows, but also very expensive to produce. About 8 seasons have been broadcast in Israel so far. The show went off the air in December 2020, among other things because of the Corona epidemic. So will she be back soon? time will tell.

"The Race for a Million" is the Israeli version of the American reality show "The Amazing Race". The program was broadcast starting February 5, 2009, on Channel 2, by Reshet. With the split of Channel 2, the program moved to be broadcast on Network 13. At the 2014 Israel Television Academy Awards, the fourth season of the program won the "Best Reality Program" award.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 12:40:27 PM »
Just learned some sad news via a Facebook Amazing Race fan group - HaMerotz LaMillion has officially been cancelled after 8 seasons. This comes from a TAR fan in Israel who works in the production company's building and read it on Entertainment pages :'(

It certainly stood over among other versions over the years for its unique tasks,

That leaves US, Canada and Australia as the only active versions left.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 12:51:02 PM by Maanca »

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 08:24:45 PM »
Just learned some sad news via a Facebook Amazing Race fan group - HaMerotz LaMillion has officially been cancelled after 8 seasons. This comes from a TAR fan in Israel who works in the production company's building and read it on Entertainment pages :'(

It certainly stood over among other versions over the years for its unique tasks,

That leaves US, Canada and Australia as the only active versions left.

Wait what 😭 what group was this?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 09:11:46 PM »
The Amazing Race Fans

After 7 seasons and 1 Allstars’, The amazing race Israel “Hamerotz-Lamillion” Cancelled.
The last two season were awful and out of the format and gained low at ratings.
The question that arises is if the competing channel will take the format, but rumors came up - the production might do something different, and maybe twisting the format to be cheaper.
As a producer myself in the same channel (But, News…) and a fan of the amazing race, I want to suggest new ideas of how to save the format without a large budget.
Anyone?😉

He said it was published in Entertainment pages but I couldn't find an article.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 09:58:32 PM »
If some guy on Facebook says "The show is cancelled" and immediately follows it up by calling recent seasons "awful", that doesn't strike me as a reliable source.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2022, 08:13:35 AM »
News from last month.

https://www.israelhayom.co.il/culture/tv/article/12845708

"Israel Hayom" learned that in a new survey conducted among viewers, they were asked if they would like to return the successful reality show to the screen • Will it actually happen?

Is the old reality show "The Race to the Million" on its way to return to the screen? "Israel Hayom" has learned that a survey has been taking place in recent days, in which they checked the intentions of watching "The Race for a Million" if it returns to the screen.

In the survey, the participants were asked, among other things, whether they had watched the show in the past and which reality show they would like to see come back. At this stage it is not clear who commissioned the survey, but it indicates the feasibility and willingness of the television people to return the format to the screen.

"The Race for a Million" is considered one of the most beloved reality shows, but also very expensive to produce. About 8 seasons have been broadcast in Israel so far. The show went off the air in December 2020, among other things because of the Corona epidemic. So will she be back soon? time will tell.

"The Race for a Million" is the Israeli version of the American reality show "The Amazing Race". The program was broadcast starting February 5, 2009, on Channel 2, by Reshet. With the split of Channel 2, the program moved to be broadcast on Network 13. At the 2014 Israel Television Academy Awards, the fourth season of the program won the "Best Reality Program" award.

Yeah, and it doesn't make sense when we just got this news.

Offline RealLifed

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 04:24:55 AM »
:( Omg if that's true then its really sad omg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 06:35:42 AM »
I have asked someone who would likely know. THRERE IS NO NEWS ON THIS FOUND in Israel.

Hopefully just false info!!
The Amazing Race Fans

After 7 seasons and 1 Allstars’, The amazing race Israel “Hamerotz-Lamillion” Cancelled.
The last two season were awful and out of the format and gained low at ratings.
The question that arises is if the competing channel will take the format, but rumors came up - the production might do something different, and maybe twisting the format to be cheaper.
As a producer myself in the same channel (But, News…) and a fan of the amazing race, I want to suggest new ideas of how to save the format without a large budget.
Anyone?😉

He said it was published in Entertainment pages but I couldn't find an article.

I asked someone who would likely know. There is NO NEWS ABOUT THIS POSTED IN ISRAEL found.

Hopefully FAKE NEWS!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 06:38:36 AM »
12 picked up the rights for TAR.

The beloved reality format that was abandoned due to the corona epidemic and remained off the broadcast schedule on Network 13, finds a new home with the competitor, just after the announcement of the program that will "replace" it.

https://www.ice.co.il/tv/news/article/911215

13 replaced TAR with Peking Express. New season is set to film in 2023.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 12:30:25 PM »
At least it's a more reliable source than last time, that was my bad  :funny:

Hopefully now they can get out and do a season 9! Israel's the only active version we haven't heard from since before Covid.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2022, 05:35:05 PM »
I don't watch HaMerotz LaMillion (because it's not in English), but I do love reading summaries of episodes! This series always visits the most exotic of locations and has the most craziest tasks imaginable, so I'm excited that TAR Israel has been revived!   

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2023, 10:18:49 PM »
https://www.israelhayom.co.il/culture/tv/article/13548360

According to a source in the production, most of the participants will be anonymous, but some names of potential celebrity couples for the season have also come up.

The new season is expected to be filmed in the coming months and the castings and auditions for it continue.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2023, 12:31:26 PM »
12 has begun auditions for its host. Ron Shahar is being considered.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Say hello to the new host of HaMerotz LaMillion: Yehuda Levi.

The 43-year-old Levi is considered one of the most successful and leading actors in Israel in the last two decades, and this will be his first time as a host on a TV show.

https://www.ynet.co.il/entertainment/article/rj1dzho13

Levi posted the announcement on his Instagram, which implies a 2024 airdate. (Long story short, 12 wanted him but feared scheduling conflicts.)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpsDgc-NJw9/

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Interesting. Ron Shahar was a great host, but this guy sounds like he'll know what he's doing.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
Insane ,we have a new host

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Levi posted the announcement on his Instagram, which implies a 2024 airdate.

New-ish logo.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Get ready.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Welcome back, HaMerotz! It's been 5 years since they filmed 7 and 8. Hopefully they still deliver the random, top-notch tasks we came to expect from this version!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 03:49:08 PM by Maanca »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yehuda will be attending the Monte-Carlo Television Festival, which will run from June 16-20. Gives us a sense of when filming will end.