Author Topic: Unaired Roadblocks in Early Seasons  (Read 3301 times)

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
Unaired Roadblocks in Early Seasons
« on: August 24, 2020, 01:56:26 PM »
As you most of you already know, tasks get regularly deleted from the show that don't affect the final placements in an episode. In the early years, Roadblocks were the common task that would go unaired, making it difficult to keep an accurate track, but fortunately, teams have slowly revealed them.

There are still a few unsolved mysteries and it would be helpful if anyone has answers to these:

Who from Matt & Ana completed the very first Roadblock (S1)?

If Michael & Kathy did the Roadblock on their elimination leg in Portugal (S3, E5)?

Who from Kami & Karli completed the Roadblock in Dubai (S5, E8 aka the infamous Colin meltdown)?

Who from the teams, David & Mary and Erwin & Godwin, completed the Roadblock in Mauritius (S10, E7)?

In the first leg in Poland for the real All-Stars (E7), still unknown for Joe & Bill and Uchenna & Joyce, who completed the Roadblock?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Unaired Roadblocks in Early Seasons
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »
Try to find info here: GB's TAR Leaderbords Clue-to-Clue
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 02:42:04 PM »
Try to find info here: GB's TAR Leaderbords Clue-to-Clue

I don't think that will help that much, because we don't have the full details on some of the unaired Roadblocks (TAR 10 Mauritius, and TAR 11 Poland I) I checked the specific legs on there which have the Roadblocks unaired, and some of them don't say which team member did the Roadblock (only the ones who have confirmed it are shown).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 05:13:57 PM »
Everything TheBayAreaGuy asked are questions I also ask, and thereby don't have on my statistics. We also don't know who of Pat & Brenda completed the first Roadblock. Plus, there's a number of other unknown stuff from all across the show that drives me nuts, like for example which Detour did Steve & Dave complete in Austria? Beethoven or Mozart? Two teams were not shown completing the Namibia Detour in Season 2.

At this point, the only answers to these questions would have to come from the racers themselves.

Though, I'm interested in your comments about Poland in All Stars... Did we at some point confirm who did that Roadblock out of Dustin & Kandice and Oswald & Danny? I don't have info for those yet.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »
We also don't know who of Pat & Brenda completed the first Roadblock.

At this point, the only answers to these questions would have to come from the racers themselves.

Pat said that she did the Roadblock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJDcp7gSMz8&t=2816

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 04:04:56 PM »
We also don't know who of Pat & Brenda completed the first Roadblock.

Pat said that she did the Roadblock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJDcp7gSMz8&t=2816

Oh excellent, thank you. Another checkmark off the list of unknown stuff...

Incidentally, THIS is the list...

Show content
TAR1
  Leg 1:
   What order did ANY of the teams pick up the clue at Victoria Falls? The editing is all over the place and there is no sense of time here whatsoever.
   Did Matt & Ana perform the Roadblock?
  Leg 2:
   Which teams were on which charter flight from Livingstone to Johannesburg?
   Which teams were on which flight from Johannesburg to Paris?
  Leg 6:
   What order did any teams (Besides Kevin & Drew and Joe & Bill) pick up the clue at the Palace Hotel in Tunis?
  Leg 11:
   What was the unavailable Fast Forward?

TAR2
  Leg 1:
   What order did teams pick up the clue at Christ the Redeemer, besides Mary & Peach, Cyndi & Russell, Blake & Paige, Tara & Wil and Peggy & Claire?
  Leg 5:
   Which Detour task did Chris & Alex and Blake & Paige complete?
   What order did teams pick up clues at the General Dealer?
  Leg 6:
   What was the unclaimed Fast Forward?
  Leg 13:
   What was the Detour option that no-one chose, and was not described on-air, and what were the names of the Detours?

TAR3
  Leg 1:
   What order did teams pick up the clue at the Angel of Independence statue?
   What order did any team completing the 'Wheels' Detour finish the task?
  Leg 5:
   Did Michael & Kathy take the charter bus to Fes, or complete the Roadblock?

Leg 8:
  Leg 10:
  Leg 11:

TAR4
  Leg 3:
   Which Detour task did Steve & Dave complete?
  Leg 6:
  Leg 7:
  Leg 8:
  Leg 10:
  Leg 13:
   Did David & Jeff complete the Roadblock?

TAR5
  Leg 8:
   Did Kami or Karli complete the unaired Roadblock?
   What order did teams complete the unaired Roadblock?
  Leg 12:
   What was the Detour option that no-one chose, and was not described on-air, and what were the names of the Detours?
  Leg 13:
   What order did teams arrive at the Banff Shopping Mall?

TAR10
  Leg 7:
   What was the Roadblock, and in what order did teams complete it? (Excluding Dustin & Kandice and Rob & Kimberly)

TAR11
  Leg 7:
   What was the Roadblock, and in what order did teams complete it? (Excluding Eric & Danielle and Charla & Mirna)
  Leg 12:
   What is the nature of the supposed unaired location/task?
  Leg 13:
   Who completed the Roadblock, Dustin or Kandice?
   What order did teams complete the Roadblock?
   What order did teams arrive at the Grateful Dead House?

TAR12
  Leg 5:
   What did the unclaimed Fast Forward entail?

TAR13
  Leg 1:
   In what position did Kelly & Christy pick up the Detour clue?
  Leg 3:
   Which teams were on which flights from Fortaleza to La Paz?
  Leg 11:
    Did Dan & Andrew fully complete all the tasks on the leg?

TAR14
  Leg 9:
   What did the task at the Peak of the Luminous Moon entail, and in what order did teams arrive there?
  Leg 11:
   In what order did teams complete the final, unaired task before the Finish Line?

TAR15
  Leg 2:
   What order did teams show up at Ben Tau Du Lich Dock (Speed Bump location) before opening hours?
  Leg 3:
   Where was the (Blind?) U-Turn board located?
  Leg ?:
   Was there a second U-Turn, and where was it located?

TAR16
  Leg 1:
   What order did teams show up at Wulff Castle?
   What order did teams finish the house-painting task, as only a few were shown actually finishing it.
  Leg 3:
   What order did most teams finish the game of five-card stud, and then subsequently pick up the Roadblock clue?

TAR18
  Leg 4:
   What order did teams pick up the clue BEFORE the yak riding task?
   What order did the latter half of the teams finish the Detour? (Globetrotters, Jaime & Cara, Zev & Justin, Kent & Vyxsin)

TAR19
  Leg 2:
   What was the departure order teams received at the Bukit Indah Hotel (Before heading to the Roadblock)
  Leg 7:
   In what order did teams pick up the clue at the Salima Bus Terminal?
  Leg 9:
   What was the Detour option that no-one chose, and was not described on-air, and what was the name of it?
  Leg 10:
   Did Bill & Cathi perform the homing pigeon challenge, or was it too dark?

TAR20
  Leg 1:
   In what order did teams finish the Roadblock, as not all teams are shown landing from their skydive?
  Leg 2:
   What order did teams pick up the Detour clue?
  Leg 11:
   In what order did teams arrive at t he Hiroshima memorial? (When they received their clues is irrelevant)

TAR21
  Leg 8:
   What exactly did James & Abba's Speed Bump entail?
  Leg 11:
   Which flights did teams take from Palma to Barcelona? The on-screen map shows three flights, but we have no idea who was on which flight.

TAR22
  Leg 3:
   What order did all of the teams finish the Roadblock in? (Except Dave & Connor, Jessica & John, Pam & Winnie and Caro & Jen)
  Leg 4:
   What took place at the Kenanga Terracotta Restaurant immediately after landing in Bali? Was there a task? What order did teams arrive there?
  Leg 6:
    Was there any task at the Hair of the Dog bar, or was it just simply picking up a clue?

TAR23
  Leg 2:
   What order did the following teams say the correct phrase to the captain of the ship? Chester & Ephraim, Afghanimals, Jason & Amy, Tim & Danny, Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim
   Which teams completed the zipline before the Pit Stop, and which ones did not?

TAR24
  Leg 1:
   In what order did teams finish the starting line task, except Afghanimals, Cowboys, Dave & Connor, Twinnies and Jessica & John?
   Who completed the Roadblock first, Jessica & John or Caro & Jen?
  Leg 8:
   Who picked up the clue at the U-Turn board first, Caro & Jen or Dave & Connor AFTER they finished their second Detour? (They were both shown running up to the building together, but not picking up the clues)
   Was there a task at Pozzo di S. Patrizio before the Roadblock? What order did teams show up there?

TAR25
  Leg 1:
   What order did ANY of the teams arrive at Flushing Meadows Park, besides Adam & Bethany?
   Who picked up the clue on the beach after the seaplane flight first? Shelley & Nici or Keith & Whitney? Then, same question for Lisa & Michelle, or Amy & Maya?
   Did Shelley & Nici complete the climb of Caval Rock just after Keith & Whitney? Who climbed the rock first, Lisa & Michelle or Amy & Maya?
   Who picked up the clue on Blackbeard's Revenge (before the rowboat to shore) first, Kym & Alli or Misti & Jim? Then, same question for Shelley & Nici or Keith & Whitney? Then, same question for Michael & Scott or Brooke & Robbie?
  Leg 2:
   In what order did the following teams get the clue at Christ Church College? Keith & Whitney, Tim & Te Jay, Michael & Scott, Brooke & Robbie, Amy & Maya.
  Leg 3:
   In what order did the following teams get their clue from the Puffin mascot? Adam & Bethany, Shelley & Nici, Brooke & Robbie, Kym & Alli, Tim & Te Jay.
   Who picked up the Detour clue first, Shelley & Nici or Kym & Alli?
  Leg 5:
   In what order did the following teams receive their clue for finishing the Roadblock? Kym & Alli, Brooke & Robbie, Misti & Jim.

TAR26
  Leg 3:
   Who picked up the clue at the upside-down house first, Laura & Tyler or Bergen & Kurt?

TAR27
  Leg 1:
   Who rode the helicopter first? Logan & Chris or Kelsey & Joey. The former were shown picking up the clue before the helicopter ride first, but the latter were shown in the air first.
  Leg 7:
   Did any water taxis get passed by another team on the way to the Windmills Roadblock?
  Leg 8:
   Did all teams (Except Justin & Diana) travel on the same train from The Hague to Amsterdam?
  Leg 9:
   Which flights did teams take to New Delhi? The on-screen map shows two flights, but we have no idea who was on which flight.
  Leg 12:
   Were all teams on the same ferry from Macau back to Hong Kong? If not, who was on which ferry?

TAR28
  Leg 1:
   Which order did the flights to Mexico City land? Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta?
  Leg 2:
   In what order did all the teams from the second flight finish the Roadblock by picking up the clue out in the middle of the water? (These teams were only shown successfully finding an emerald)
  Leg 3:
   Was the unaired U-Turn a single or a double? Was it blind? In what order did teams reach it?
  Leg 5:
   In what order did teams find their marked car out of the following; Sheri & Cole, Zach & Rachel, Scott & Blair, Erin & Joslyn?
   Which teams rode which gondola DOWN from Les Grands Montets (the Detour mountain)? ie, did any teams share a gondola? (excluding Sheri & Cole and Burnie & Ashley)
  Leg 7:
    Did Scott & Blair officially receive a penalty for moving another team's belongings, like was previously given on TAR6 and TAR18?
  Leg 8:
   In what order did Tyler & Korey, Burnie & Ashley, and Dana & Matt pick up the Roadblock clue? (All three were only shown showing up at the resort, basically neck and neck)
  Leg 9:
   Who got on the outrigger canoe first? Sheri & Cole or Dana & Matt?

TAR29:
  Leg 1:
    In what order did the following contestants arrive at the flag store during the opening challenge? Brooke, Tara, Logan, Jessie, Francesca, Liz, Michael, Kevin, Jenn
    In what order did the following teams arrive at the Miraflores Locks? Shamir & Sara, Tara & Joey, Vanck & Ashton, Jessie & Francesca
  Leg 3:
    In what order did the following teams pick up their clues at the monument in Dar es Salaam (before the ferry)? Liz & Michael, Tara & Joey, London & Logan

TAR 30:
  Leg 1:
    Who completed the drinking challenge before the Pit Stop first? Joey & Tim or Lucas & Brittany?
  Leg 4:
    In what order did any of the teams pick up the Detour clue from the unaired clue box?
  Leg 5:
    Was there a task at Romantický Hotel U Raka or just a clue box? In what order did teams pick up the clue here?
  Leg 9:
    In what order did teams arrive at and complete the questionnaire task at Manama Bay?

TAR 31:
  Leg 1:
    Any further information on the unaired second task at the starting line and its subsequent prize? In what order did teams complete this second task?
  Leg 2:
    In what order did the following teams get their tickets for the flight out of Japan? Janelle & Britney, Corinne & Eliza, Chris & Bret, Rupert & Laura
  Leg 4:
    Who arrived at the unaired Head-to-Head first (and thus had their first match before the other)? Tyler & Korey or Leo & Jamal?
  Leg 6:
    In what order did the following teams complete the Detour, as they were not shown finishing it? Chris & Bret, Becca & Floyd, Leo & Jamal, Rachel & Elissa
  Leg 9:
    Who boarded the dinghy leading to the Pit Stop first? Colin & Christie or Leo & Jamal?
  Leg 12:
    What was the task that took place at the Heidelberg Project? In what order did teams arrive there, and complete it?
    Did Leo & Jamal fully complete all the tasks in the leg?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 06:40:21 AM by G.B. »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 12:20:44 AM »
I should have the sort of information on contemporaneous notes I kept going back to season 3. Those notes are buried in my archived files from that era.

As to the season 1 questions you could reach out to the Guidos or even Brennan on social media. IIRC, when Bravo shut down TWoP they kept the recaps, written by Miss AllI in the early seasons. She sometimes picked up on such details generally as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 08:54:35 AM »
If someone will make a SEASON by SEASON list of what's needed
And specify TEAMS/LEGS/TASKs in that order I will be glad to ask any racers I know.
G.B.? Or BayArea GUY?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 01:29:39 PM »
Is there footage of the TARS01E01 Roadblock anywhere online? I know that it was released on DVD but I've never seen any footage of it online before and I've always wanted to see it. Does anyone have a link to it? Or could possibly even upload it somewhere themselves?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 05:39:36 PM »
And specify TEAMS/LEGS/TASKs in that order I will be glad to ask any racers I know.
G.B.? Or BayArea GUY?

That's exactly what I did. Look at the Spoiler in my last post.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 06:39:57 AM »
Made the list a little prettier and updated it through TAR31. The questions in Bold are the important questions. Everything else is just my perfectionist brain wanting to complete all of my clue-by-clue leaderboards fully.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 05:58:25 PM »
TAR19
Leg 9:
   What was the Detour option that no-one chose, and was not described on-air, and what was the name of it?

I don't have a source for this, but I thought I read somewhere the unaired Detour was the Tintin task that was done at the start of Leg 11 because they needed to include the task for product placement for a movie.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2020, 11:39:09 AM »
G.B.? Or BayArea GUY?

I know it was posted online somewhere in the past after the DVD for that first season was released. I think your best bet is to use a search engine to look for it. The task took place close to the first pit stop of that first ever leg, Songwe Village.

That's exactly what I did. Look at the Spoiler in my last post.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 12:07:47 AM »
Made the list a little prettier and updated it through TAR31. The questions in Bold are the important questions. Everything else is just my perfectionist brain wanting to complete all of my clue-by-clue leaderboards fully.

My interview with Shane & Andrew will be uploaded within the next few days, and they confirmed -six- unaired tasks from TAR Australia 2.
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.