Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 45039 times)

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #500 on: January 10, 2022, 06:46:16 PM »
Looking at Oval's timeline for Ep 3 - screen caps - I only see 8 teams at the Glasgow pitstop when Phil announces TAR suspended.

The missing teams are Arun/Natalia and Taylor/Isaiah.

Am I missing something?
Taylor and Isaiah look to be next to Connie & Sam. If you look at the jacket next to Connie, you can see it differs from Ray's-- there's a team between these two.

Thanks, Bookworm - I looked back to screen caps from Ep 2 and found matching backpack shoulder straps (dark centre with lighter grey border) and it matches Tyler and Isaiah :)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #501 on: January 12, 2022, 08:17:17 PM »
Well just finished the episode in Canada
And it seems

Show content
Only 6 teams from the surviving 9 came back, Connie/Sam, Ray/Caro, and Spencer/Anthony didn't return..
And what is weird is that it seems that only Father/Daughter are coming back to the race... I wonder if the singing cops didn't catch covid or something... I mean why not bring both eliminated team back?

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #502 on: January 12, 2022, 09:04:40 PM »
So based on the end of the episode and the preview, it looks like only 5 of the 9 teams were able to make it back? And then likely the 2 eliminated teams getting to rejoin to make it 7 teams for the restart. That's really unfortunate.

Offline chja87

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #503 on: January 12, 2022, 09:04:56 PM »
I didn’t notice Taylor and Isaiah either at the restarting line! Did I just miss them? Or were they also not there?

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: January 12, 2022, 09:06:21 PM »
Oh good point!
Wow that is crazy tho, that 4 teams couldn't make it back.... I was really hoping when Elise said only 7 teams, that was from the remaining 9, and that with the first two teams out, that means we would be back to 9.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #505 on: January 12, 2022, 09:06:52 PM »
I didn’t notice Taylor and Isaiah either at the restarting line! Did I just miss them? Or were they also not there?
I noticed a black man in a blue shirt running on the preview; it could be either one of Taylor/Isaiah or Michael/Moe.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #506 on: January 12, 2022, 09:07:32 PM »

If you pause it, there's only 10 people that Phil is talking to. So it looks like there's no Anthony/Spencer, no Ray/Caro, no Connie/Sam, and noTaylor/Isaiah. But then the last shot from higher up has more people before Phil says Go, so that must be after the 'familiar faces' have rejoined.

Offline chja87

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #507 on: January 12, 2022, 09:11:39 PM »
It looks like Ray/Caro, Sam/Connie, Anthony/Spencer, and Taylor/Isaiah don’t come back; and Arun/Natalia and Michael/Moe are back in the race, making for 7 teams, which is kind of??? what we expected.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #508 on: January 12, 2022, 09:19:33 PM »
I count seven teams. Left to right in this screenshot it is: Akbar & Sheri, Kim & Penn, Lulu & Lala, Raquel & Cayla, Ryan & Dusty, Arun & Natalia. It looks like Caro & Ray, Anthony & Spencer, and Connie & Sam don't return as expected while Taylor & Isaiah don't return either making for a little ~surprise~.

https://imgur.com/a/v7yUsdW

Edit: This confuses me though because press articles said two teams wouldn't be able to make it. Maybe they knew there were 9 teams left when they stopped and 7 teams left when they came back and they did some extrapolation?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:23:43 PM by Malcooolm »
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #509 on: January 12, 2022, 09:25:24 PM »
I count seven teams. Left to right in this screenshot it is: Akbar & Sheri, Kim & Penn, Lulu & Lala, Raquel & Cayla, Ryan & Dusty, Arun & Natalia. It looks like Caro & Ray, Anthony & Spencer, and Connie & Sam don't return as expected while Taylor & Isaiah don't return either making for a little ~surprise~.

Edit: This confuses me though because press articles said two teams wouldn't be able to make it. Maybe they knew there were 9 teams left when they stopped and 7 teams left when they came back and they did some extrapolation?

I think what probably happened is that they didn't want people to feel the first two episodes were worthless since both eliminated teams returned so they just said that so no one would think they did return.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #510 on: January 12, 2022, 09:28:19 PM »
I doubt it'll happen, since reality tv isn't known for caring for their cast, but I'd really appreciate it if we were given a reason why the 4 teams that didn't return were unable to, or at least provided with a brief retrospective in appreciation. I'm thinking about Connie & Sam and Anthony & Spencer in particular, who got super quiet edits this episode; I'm of the opinion that all teams deserve some type of farewell.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline chja87

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #511 on: January 12, 2022, 09:32:24 PM »
Phil has said in interviews (i believe specifically in the one with RHAP) that there will be a little bit of catching up with what teams have been up to since feb 2020, so i’m assuming that that will include the non-returning teams.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #512 on: January 12, 2022, 09:32:33 PM »
I'm thinking about Connie & Sam, who got super quiet edits this episode; I'm of the opinion that all teams deserve some type of farewell.

Connie was 6 months pregnant.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #513 on: January 12, 2022, 09:32:45 PM »
I doubt it'll happen, since reality tv isn't known for caring for their cast, but I'd really appreciate it if we were given a reason why the 4 teams that didn't return were unable to, or at least provided with a brief retrospective in appreciation. I'm thinking about Connie & Sam and Anthony & Spencer in particular, who got super quiet edits this episode; I'm of the opinion that all teams deserve some type of farewell.

yeah agreed, a bit clarification of the reason of those teams who couldn't come back would be delightful, to give it clear to some of the confused audiences, if not most

ngl tho im pretty surprised that taylor/isaiah is another team who couldnt come back, since i and probably most of us were pretty sure that there would be three teams who most likely didnt come back to the race until this new episode
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:37:42 PM by elthemagnifico »
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #514 on: January 12, 2022, 09:44:40 PM »
I'm thinking about Connie & Sam, who got super quiet edits this episode; I'm of the opinion that all teams deserve some type of farewell.

Yeah, she just delivered last week.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #515 on: January 12, 2022, 09:50:45 PM »
Little surprised about Taylor & Isaiah, given there was evidence they were present at the finish line in California. Wonder what happened. A little clarification at the outset of next leg would be awesome.

As for the other three teams, Connie was 6 months pregnant, Caro & Ray had split up and Spencer had some health issues across 2020/21 so that may have been the reason they could not return.

Strangely enough, I was most invested in the teams that are returning, so I am happy with the seven that will return for leg 4.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #516 on: January 12, 2022, 09:53:48 PM »

Closer... Click Click to enlarge

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 10:03:13 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #517 on: January 12, 2022, 09:56:50 PM »
Something definitely happened super last minute with Taylor & Isaiah.

I was looking at their social media around mid-September when the Singing Cops posted their "going back to LA for a big adventure" stuff on Instagram, and one of Taylor/Isaiah also posted a selfie of both of them in an airplane wearing masks. They also had on their blue colored team shirts. The post was a couple days before the Restarting Line date. The fact that they were in their blue TAR uniform definitely makes me think this was a selfie from them flying out to location.

There's also the leaked Finish Line picture of all the eliminated teams and Taylor/Isaiah are there, but Connie/Sam, Caro/Ray, and Anthony/Spencer aren't.

I wonder if they tested positive for COVID at the last minute and had to drop because of that sadly?

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #518 on: January 12, 2022, 09:58:26 PM »

wait I see seven

Offline chja87

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #519 on: January 12, 2022, 10:00:12 PM »

wait I see seven

yes this includes the 5 returning teams + the 2 eliminated teams that are coming back!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #520 on: January 12, 2022, 10:02:04 PM »

wait I see seven

yes this includes the 5 returning teams + the 2 eliminated teams that are coming back!

that look like ti

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #521 on: January 12, 2022, 10:11:13 PM »
Something definitely happened super last minute with Taylor & Isaiah.

I was looking at their social media around mid-September when the Singing Cops posted their "going back to LA for a big adventure" stuff on Instagram, and one of Taylor/Isaiah also posted a selfie of both of them in an airplane wearing masks. They also had on their blue colored team shirts. The post was a couple days before the Restarting Line date. The fact that they were in their blue TAR uniform definitely makes me think this was a selfie from them flying out to location.

There's also the leaked Finish Line picture of all the eliminated teams and Taylor/Isaiah are there, but Connie/Sam, Caro/Ray, and Anthony/Spencer aren't.

I wonder if they tested positive for COVID at the last minute and had to drop because of that sadly?

yeah that might have made sense, sadly.
what might have been

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #522 on: January 12, 2022, 10:32:57 PM »

Yeah, she just delivered last week.

:conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #523 on: January 12, 2022, 11:51:04 PM »
SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT WORKING SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #524 on: January 13, 2022, 12:20:55 AM »
Yeah, that's totally the two eliminated teams. You can see Michael & Moe's blue colours, and Arun's red coat and bald head, lol