Author Topic: TAR 32: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 136452 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR 32: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2018, 03:22:26 PM »
Ohhh, thanks, TARUSAFan.

So I think we have 12 teams this season then. I wonder if there will be some kind of TAR10 elimination?

Or, that dreaded double elimination, such as in TAR19....

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2018, 03:22:48 PM »
I'm leaning more towards them finishing the first leg in Tobago earlier this morning. Phil appears to have been seen going through security, apparently on his way to Tobago.  That sounds like he had been on the ground in Port of Spain already, and I don't see him heading there for leg 2 when leg 1 was just starting.

Monday seems more likely for a leg 2 start, though I don't really like the options out of Piarco tomorrow- it seems a bit sparse.

I'm wondering if they'll do a second leg in T&T or have an extended pit stop to get to better flight options on Tuesday?

My best guess is either connecting through Panama City to South America, or a visit to Barbados or Suriname before moving to Europe.  Most other locations (esp. Guyana) are kind of dead ends in terms of moving onward to other regions.

I'm skeptical of them spending more than a leg or two in the Caribbean, so I'm not sure how likely Barbados actually is, but it does have descent connections onward to Europe.

I'm also doubtful they'd double back to the U.S. to connect onward.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2018, 03:30:45 PM »
I'm leaning more towards them finishing the first leg in Tobago earlier this morning. Phil appears to have been seen going through security, apparently on his way to Tobago.  That sounds like he had been on the ground in Port of Spain already, and I don't see him heading there for leg 2 when leg 1 was just starting.

Been going through Instagram stories, mostly people partying. Did find one of Phil doing a task description for the Carnival around 10 PM local time.

Based on this information and the fact that Phil was going thorough airport security around 12:15, I'm lean towards Carnival at night, HOO with staggered departures, and the leg ending in Tobago similar to TAR 28. Leg 1 should be over now.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »

Monday seems more likely for a leg 2 start, though I don't really like the options out of Piarco tomorrow- it seems a bit sparse.

I'm wondering if they'll do a second leg in T&T or have an extended pit stop to get to better flight options on Tuesday?

My best guess is either connecting through Panama City to South America, or a visit to Barbados or Suriname before moving to Europe.  Most other locations (esp. Guyana) are kind of dead ends in terms of moving onward to other regions.

I'm skeptical of them spending more than a leg or two in the Caribbean, so I'm not sure how likely Barbados actually is, but it does have descent connections onward to Europe.

I'm also doubtful they'd double back to the U.S. to connect onward.

There are daily flights from Trinidad to London Gatwick on British Air via St Lucia where they can connect to some European destinations.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
Prior legs on the Caribbean have involved doubling back through the US as in Cancun to Scotland via Miami, or using connections to move onwards, i.e., Jamaica to San Juan to Miami for a final leg. Need to think beyond direct flights; oftentimes connections will be necessary to get from country to country. Using Miami, for instance, opens up flights to Europe, Africa and South America.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2018, 04:23:07 PM »
My thoughts are leaning west..  but ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »
Maybe we had an HOO after the carnival task and a pit stop at Buccoo Reef?
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2018, 07:54:07 PM »
My thoughts are leaning west..  but ???
I would like to see them go west.
If any route after Trinidad & Tobago needs to go through the US anyway, I would think anywhere is possible. Same level of cost and logistics for them to go westward or eastward?  :duno: South America is also very possible before they again have the option to go west or east.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2018, 07:56:50 PM »
I think they might be doing something they did a lot in the earlier seasons. Probably they went to Trinidad, went to the carnival to look for departure times for ferries to Tobago, then completed a task in Tobago. Then they checked in at Buccoo Reef, the Pit Stop

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »
At least there are having chartered flights to Tobago in the morning, which could have been faster. In the other hand, the ferry service takes exactly four hours and its slower.

I wonder a half a task in Trinidad at night, and the remainder of the tasks in Tobago by morning. It is OK to post here that remains a pure speculation.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2018, 08:45:47 PM »
At least there are having chartered flights to Tobago in the morning, which could have been faster. In the other hand, the ferry service takes exactly four hours and its slower.

I wonder a half a task in Trinidad at night, and the remainder of the tasks in Tobago by morning. It is OK to post here that remains a pure speculation.

They flew to Tobago..  or at least Phil did. You don't need a chartered  flight. Caribbean Air has multiple flights all day.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2018, 11:22:01 PM »
There were three ferries from Trinidad to Tobago on Sunday the 11th. And only one of them arrived during daylight hours (dep 06:00 arr 10:00). So either all teams did that one or they flew.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2018, 02:56:13 AM »

They flew to Tobago..  or at least Phil did. You don't need a chartered  flight. Caribbean Air has multiple flights all day.

Actually, there are two flights to Tobago within the same hour in the morning:

BW1500 POS-TAB 0544 (11/11) - 0611 (11/11) (scheduled 0545-0610)
BW1502 POS-TAB 0613 (11/11) - 0637 (11/11) (scheduled 0615-0640)

Those are the two flights provided.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:55:18 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2018, 03:20:47 AM »
Moving all the team/contestant speculation and ID searching to the new contestant thread!

Please post CONTESTANT info there! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Gra1162

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2018, 03:22:36 AM »
Earthquake!

http://www.looptt.com/content/39-earthquake-recorded-near-port-spain
Oh dear :o hope all contestants are safe a natural disaster never happened on the race right?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2018, 03:24:55 AM »
3.9 isn't too bad...hopefully they slept thru it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2018, 03:36:51 AM »
3.9!!!

I hope this race isn't cursed!  :funny:

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
Out of Port of Spain, possible next destinations could be Buenos Aires or Mendoza Argentina, or Montevideo Uruguay.  All have great one-connection flights on Copa Airlines, changing plane in Panama City en route.
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2018, 10:13:50 AM »
Thanks TJ!

And reports are that the earthquake did not affect our leg area.  Grateful  :2hearts: :2hearts: :2hearts: !
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2018, 10:18:23 AM »
And believe that the Argentina eating task has long been wanted for a second go!

Although my fave is Charla and the side of beef...such good memories.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2018, 10:20:21 AM »
There is so much more to see in Uruguay, they can do Colonia if they don't want to repeat Montevideo and Punta Del Este.  That being said, it has been 27 seasons since they were there.
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Online Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2018, 03:54:15 PM »
Since we know there was an elimination, do we know who it was by any chance?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »
Guys!! If we know we share.  :groan:

Maybe help search for the next location instead? :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
We should also look at Tobago Airport. and London Gatwick. Because if they're traveling to Europe there is a likelihood they'll connect here either on BA flights from POS or Tobago or a Virgin flight from Tobago.