Author Topic: TARC9 DISCUSSION OF THE CONTESTANTS  (Read 13520 times)

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC9 DISCUSSION OF THE CONTESTANTS
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2023, 12:50:14 PM »
Last team is Deven James (@deven.james) & Amanda Larocque (@amandalalq). First Nations couple of the mi'kmaq tribe from Gesgapegiag, Quebec. Amanda is the Director of Health and Social Services at Gesgapegiag Health & Community Services. Can't find any information on what Deven does but they both seem to be avid hikers and skiers.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2023, 01:02:17 PM »
All we have left to ID is Lily's partner but I've looked everywhere for her and it's as if she doesn't exist. :duno:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2023, 01:04:00 PM »
Mi'kmaq is a nation not cast before. Joel & Ashley were Cree, James was Anishinaabe, Anthony was Navajo, and Jesse & Marika were Inuit.

Great work with the ID's, all!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 01:09:40 PM by Maanca »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2023, 01:06:03 PM »
OMG SOO COOL!!! :conf: :conf: :conf:
A team from Quebec that is not from Montreal, amazing! (Im from Montréal so I'm aloud to say it)
I have no clue where Gesgapegiag is tho lol

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2023, 01:08:12 PM »

I have no clue where Gesgapegiag is tho lol
It's a First Nations reserves on the south shore of the Gaspésie

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2023, 01:46:43 PM »
Very cool!
I still dont understand how they don’t do more rural quebec legs like Gaspésie or Rimouski!
Maybe they will do it this year!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2023, 06:53:35 AM »
Great work Team!! SO proud of you all!!

:cheer: :ghug: :cheer:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jeanyesbc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2023, 11:32:40 AM »
Lily's team mate?
https://instagram.com/martini.del.grace?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Grace Lowes
Both her and Lily got Loran scholarships
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 11:52:35 AM by jeanyesbc »

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Max K

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2023, 11:43:18 AM »
Lily's team mate?
https://instagram.com/martini.del.grace?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Grace Lowes

Thanks for the find Jean  :cheer: :cheer:

we have all the teams!!

:hfive: I just noticed that you id the first team and the last team member WOW
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 01:24:37 PM by Max K »

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2023, 12:09:06 PM »
Looks like she's from Niagara (and she was eliminated right before the NOTL leg omg).

And she seems to have just created her Instagram a couple weeks ago.

Offline jeanyesbc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2023, 12:27:29 PM »
FYI  Lily is the granddaughter of artist Robert Bateman

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2023, 12:39:35 PM »
FYI  Lily is the granddaughter of artist Robert Bateman
Her whole family seems to be artists (although she majored and works in a STEM related field now). Didn't realize she had a famous family member.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2023, 10:08:03 AM »
On Instagram they are slowly revealing the cast:

First up - Derek and Jaspal from Richmond, BC are making the leap from YouTube to The #AmazingRaceCanada

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2023, 10:28:59 AM »
The whole cast is now on CTV's website and interviews can be seen ungeoblocked on YouTube

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2023, 11:20:39 AM »
Thank goodness Team Drag Race's full team photo wasn't those Black Lives Matter shirts with a blood pattern that they wore in the back photos. I was worried it might violate some ToS on the Amazing Race Fandom to use.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2023, 09:48:56 AM »
Pretty disappointed in the casting this season.  They seem to favour minor celebrities/trauma survivors/people who have made the news over normal people.  Just because you have a sad backstory doesn't necessarily make you an interesting person. 
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2023, 02:22:32 PM »
Pretty disappointed in the casting this season.  They seem to favour minor celebrities/trauma survivors/people who have made the news over normal people.  Just because you have a sad backstory doesn't necessarily make you an interesting person.

Have to agree. This easily feels like the most TARUS-style cast Canada ever had, a lot of them have prior notoriety/fans and were undoubtedly recruited to bring new eyes in (the problem with that model is those viewers only tend to stay as long as their team does).

I'd been predicting a Broncos survivor the last 2 seasons, Gail and Gisele are big-name athletes, and Kimora and Starzy are probably there because former producer Mike Bickerton now works on Canada's Drag Race.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2023, 02:29:54 PM »
Kimora and Starzy are probably there because former producer Mike Bickerton now works on Canada's Drag Race.
It's funny because there is a pair of Canada's Drag Race contestants (Miss Fiercalicious and Kimmy Couture) who did apply for the show yet weren't cast.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2023, 02:35:14 PM »
Kimora and Starzy are probably there because former producer Mike Bickerton now works on Canada's Drag Race.
It's funny because there is a pair of Canada's Drag Race contestants (Miss Fiercalicious and Kimmy Couture) who did apply for the show yet weren't cast.

What makes me think that is how heavily they've been promoted already in the two days since they were announced.

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2023, 03:14:11 PM »

Producers tend to cast these types of people for two reasons: (1) they have a draw to them and (2) it allows them to better-craft stories and arcs because this still needs to be an edited and fully-formed show.

Every single time people clamour that the cast 'isn't normal people', they forget how poorly-received TAR4, TAR15, TAR22, TAR27, and TAR32 were when they aired with people who were as normal as they could get.  Amongst people complaining about the route (that probably has a lot of tax breaks), the sponsors (which bring in the prize as a whole now), and the tasks, every single year, it's surprising that people don't think that these choices are the reason the show can still exist.

There is no 'going back to an old way that works'.  It's this or nothing.  I just wish people would say they prefer nothing instead of beating around the bush.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2023, 01:05:53 AM »

Producers tend to cast these types of people for two reasons: (1) they have a draw to them and (2) it allows them to better-craft stories and arcs because this still needs to be an edited and fully-formed show.

Every single time people clamour that the cast 'isn't normal people', they forget how poorly-received TAR4, TAR15, TAR22, TAR27, and TAR32 were when they aired with people who were as normal as they could get.  Amongst people complaining about the route (that probably has a lot of tax breaks), the sponsors (which bring in the prize as a whole now), and the tasks, every single year, it's surprising that people don't think that these choices are the reason the show can still exist.

There is no 'going back to an old way that works'.  It's this or nothing.  I just wish people would say they prefer nothing instead of beating around the bush.

Didn't know TAR 22 was poorly received. I liked it. TAR 27 didn't have a normal cast, they got ppl from media or shows. Kelsey & Joey, Logan & Chris, Kelly & Shevonne. Adam (of Alex & Adam) was on Glee. Justin & Diana has some fame for the Amazing-race style proposal. TAR 32 has some of the most boring casts. The exuberant Victoria & Michelle and the controversial Will & James are the only ones I could fully remember top of mind.

The times have changed, one way or another, they'll cast someone with some sort of fame or social media background. I really don't care now if you're an athlete, an actor/actress, a singer, for as long as you are a TAR fan, superfan, go.

I will draw the line though, I'm still not particularly keen on reality crossovers to TAR most especially the recruited ones. I feel like it should have been given to someone else.
It was a nightmare here dealing with the annoying Cody & Jessica fly by night superfans that stormed this forum, not to mention even as far as plagiarizing ppl's sightings taking credit.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 01:19:25 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2023, 11:33:29 AM »

It's the only way people will watch The Amazing Race Canada tbh.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2023, 02:40:09 PM »

It's the only way people will watch The Amazing Race Canada tbh.

Not necessarily true. The show has always been the #1 show during the week (with a few exceptions over the 8 seasons). People will watch.