Author Topic: The Amazing Race Finland 2023  (Read 28739 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race Finland 2023
« on: April 12, 2023, 08:28:45 AM »
Accidentally leaked by Finnish broadcaster Nelonen, TAR Finland is happening and filming this summer for a fall release. Celebrity cast. "Around the world" route.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/tv-ja-leffat/a/4270a78c-eec6-4996-8c97-3a0fd2810cfc

Google Translated Article:

According to information from Iltalehti, the first production season of Finland's The Amazing Race will be starred by public figures, but the Casting of the program is quite exceptional.

According to information from Iltalehti, The Amazing Race will be filmed around the world this coming summer.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race Finland 2023
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 02:46:29 PM »
Would not have guessed Finland as the next country to make its own version of TAR, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 06:15:08 AM »
It's always very exciting to see the birth of a new TAR franchise! Still waiting for TAR UK, TAR NZ & TAR SA...

Back to the topic at hand, I'm very excited to see how this Race unfolds via the RFF Detective Team in the coming months! Can we safely assume that TAR Finland is going to be broadcasted in Finnish, not English?

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 08:57:49 AM »
One wonders whether the routing will emulate TAR Norge in focusing on two continents per season, e.g. Asia/Oceania for TARN1, then Africa/South-America for TARN2.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 09:23:52 AM »
A new version, awesome!

Hopefully the host is better than the guy from Norway. I've never seen the seasons, but apparently he narrated everything.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 09:29:56 AM »
Cool! International??

Please no overlapping filmings though! Or peach might lose what's left of her mind totally!  :faint:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 10:05:38 AM »
A new version, awesome!

Hopefully the host is better than the guy from Norway. I've never seen the seasons, but apparently he narrated everything.

On the contrary, Hr. (Herre) Freddy dos Santos was almost as good as Jon Montgomery; ergo, the prospective Finn can look to both for inspiration rather than either Aussie.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 06:05:59 PM »
A new version, awesome!

He narrated EVERYTHING.

It would go like... "We're really far behind, and we need to catch up!" ...Freddy: "Kari & Bjorn are really far behind and need to catch up!"
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 07:16:37 PM »
Cool! International??

Please no overlapping filmings though! Or Peach might lose what's left of her mind totally!  :faint:

Pretty sure Finland is too small to do an all-domestic route, then again, they did TAR Ecuador.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 01:28:24 PM »
If the Norwegian edition serves as the template, then expect both the Starting Line as well as the Finale to be in/around the Helsinki area (c.f. Oslo).

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2023, 03:15:35 PM »
A new version, awesome!

He narrated EVERYTHING.

It would go like... "We're really far behind, and we need to catch up!" ...Freddy: "Kari & Bjorn are really far behind and need to catch up!"

The narrating was SO ANNOYING  :groan: :groan:

So pleasantly surprised that Finland is making their own version of The Amazing Race. If they have taken inspiration from TAR Norge and TAR Australia, I hope they are implementing of the good things from both versions, like Handicap (TAR Norge) and the destinations (TAR Australia 1-4 and 6) etc.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2023, 12:12:43 PM »
^

Freddy dos Santos at his worst was/is still superior to Grant Bowler and Beau Ryan at their bests.

Anyhow, the acronym for the newest nation in the franchise should be TAR:S (Suomi) to distinguish it from the one-off French version.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 04:44:51 PM »
It's always very exciting to see the birth of a new TAR franchise! Still waiting for TAR UK, TAR NZ & TAR SA...

Back to the topic at hand, I'm very excited to see how this Race unfolds via the RFF Detective Team in the coming months! Can we safely assume that TAR Finland is going to be broadcasted in Finnish, not English?
This  :conf: especially  TAR sa and uk

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2023, 06:42:50 PM »

I'd gladly have a TAR NZ ;) are you listening producers!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 05:11:26 AM »
We have a host: Heikki Paasonen. He previously hosted Finland Idol. Filming begins in July and the prize is 30,000 Euros.

https://www.is.fi/tv-ja-elokuvat/art-2000009609965.html

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2023, 08:30:43 PM »
According to Google Translate, the Starting Line will unsurprisingly be in Helsinki.

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2023, 09:58:13 PM »
According to Google Translate, the Starting Line will unsurprisingly be in Helsinki.

What?! I was so certain that the Starting Line would be in Nuorgam   :'(

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2023, 03:55:13 AM »
30,000 Euros sounds like a pretty paltry prize if you ask me. I do suppose the contestants are going to be "celebrities", who don't really need the money (I assume they're going to be paid quite handsomely to participate in the Race, in lieu of the "lost of earnings" they may have, because they are participating in the Race)

Is the 30,000 Euros going to be donated to the charity of the winner team's choice? ???

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2023, 09:15:43 AM »
30,000 Euros sounds like a pretty paltry prize if you ask me. I do suppose the contestants are going to be "celebrities", who don't really need the money (I assume they're going to be paid quite handsomely to participate in the Race, in lieu of the "lost of earnings" they may have, because they are participating in the Race)

Is the 30,000 Euros going to be donated to the charity of the winner team's choice? ???

They'll probably get paid for participating in the Race. In Norway, celebrities get paid for participating in reality shows.
Yes, 30 000 euros sounds like a pretty paltry prize, but I think they don't have to pay taxes for those prize moneys.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2023, 10:52:39 AM »
Heikki announced that the season starts on Monday.

There it went, the last day of vacation. ❤️

On Monday the work trip of my life begins when I finally get to make a Finnish version of Amazing Race. 🔥

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu7GvvVNZ5l/?hl=en

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2023, 02:09:20 PM »
Nice!

At least all the other Amazing Races this year are done filming now. They have the world to themselves :P

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2023, 05:16:13 PM »
Will the Finnish RFF-ers spending their monday at Helsinki Airport or the Ferry Terminal?

I really hope for an awesome travel route   :woohoo:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2023, 03:30:01 AM »
Very exciting news that TAR Finland is due to start filming in the next couple of days!  :conf: :cheer:

I'm really excited to see some of our teams and the locations that they visit along the way! Please give us a good route TAR Finland!  :2hearts:

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2023, 01:23:08 AM »
Since tar season is far away, I was bored and decided to come and follow Finland Tar.I have a feeling its going to b a good one. Its always good to start a franchise, instead of playing catch up.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster