Author Topic: TAR 34 AIRING Times and Schedule SPECULATION  (Read 5659 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 34 AIRING Times and Schedule SPECULATION
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 08:15:39 PM »
Is anyone here actually watching the show live from a Nielsen household?
I watch the show when it premieres. I'm assuming that I am part of Nielsen's census here in the Central Time Zone (Chicago).

:idgit
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 11:14:07 PM »
I think this season has 12 episodes.
This is my speculation:

September 21st: Episode 1 in Germany | Season Premiere
September 28th: Episode 2 in Austria (90-Minutes)
October 5th: Episode 3 in Italy
October 12th: Episode 4 in Italy
October 19th: Episode 5 in Jordan
October 26th: Episode 6 in Jordan
November 2nd: Episode 7 in Andorra
November 9th: Episode 8 in France
November 16th: Episode 9 in Spain
November 23rd: Episode 10 in Spain
November 30th: Episode 11 in Iceland
December 7th: Episode 12 in United States | Season Finale

This schedule fits perfectly with the premiere on September 21st with a 12-week run and concluding with the finale on December 7th.
If this season was only 10 or 11 episodes, I think CBS would have waited a week or two to premiere it later.

This also fits if Survivor has a 13 episode season, which if it follows seasons 41 and 42, it probably will.
So Survivor would begin with a 2-hour premiere on September 21st and finish with a 3-hour finale on December 14th. The Survivor finale always gets its own night to itself, so that fits with TAR ending the week prior.

This also fits with the potential schedule of The Real Love Boat premiering on October 5th with a 10-week run and concluding with the finale on December 7th; the same day the TAR finale would air, as well as 1-week prior to the Survivor finale.

All other recent CBS reality TV programs have run for 10 episodes:
Tough as Nails has run for 10 episodes for all three seasons it has been on the air.
Beyond the Edge ran for 10 episodes.
Come Dance With Me ran for 10 episodes.

So it makes sense if The Real Love Boat also runs for 10 episodes as well.
Putting this all together, it matches with my above speculated schedule.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 04:44:55 AM »
How annoying that they’ve swapped it from what was originally reported. TAR should be on 9-10 every Wednesday as they originally released. What a pity! Wish it was just for the Love Boat premiere!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2022, 05:44:58 AM »
I mean it would not be season of TAR if there was no last minute change in filming/airing schedule.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2022, 08:16:43 AM »
Just proving once again, as with the mere 3 people representing it on The Challenge, that CBS doesn't care about TAR. I feel foolish to think they'd ever actually put it right after their precious Survivor.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:21:13 AM by Maanca »

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2022, 10:25:08 AM »
Just proving once again, as with the mere 3 people representing it on The Challenge, that CBS doesn't care about TAR. I feel foolish to think they'd ever actually put it right after their precious Survivor.

Yeah they don't care about TAR which is why they are filming 2 seasons this year, hired a charter plane for multiple seasons, put it on the fall schedule for the first time in years, and championed it after the covid shutdown when it could have so easily been canceled.

Offline angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 10:41:30 AM »
i hope TAR has better rating this season and we will have 2 seasons per year

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2022, 11:23:07 AM »
Let's all look on the bright side.

We are ON the fall schedule which has not been the case in several near seasons.

We have another TAR going out soon.

I think CBS recognizes TAR's ability to do well in many time slots.

Let's CELEBRATE our good news as well as sighing over the 10PM.

BUT I too think that's a poor decision as MANY families love to watch this WITH their children. It has countless points for Teaching: places, maps, teamwork...and so much more.

But we will hold down our time slot AND raise the bar in rewatches...so all should be good.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2022, 11:46:53 AM »
Let's all look on the bright side.

We are ON the fall schedule which has not been the case in several near seasons.

We have another TAR going out soon.

I think CBS recognizes TAR's ability to do well in many time slots.

Let's CELEBRATE our good news as well as sighing over the 10PM.

BUT I too think that's a poor decision as MANY families love to watch this WITH their children. It has countless points for Teaching: places, maps, teamwork...and so much more.

But we will hold down our time slot AND raise the bar in rewatches...so all should be good.

Very true, let's make sure to record and rewatch for a +7 boost and get onto Paramount for even more on demand viewership. So thrilled Race is back in the Fall and filming for 35 is also happening in Oct-Nov. Yippee!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2022, 04:37:47 PM »
One could say that CBS is trying to push viewers to use Paramount +, which would allow families to view shows at a convenient time.  CBS has moved two series that originally aired on its linear network to Paramount +, (Seal Team and Blood and Treasure), and is creating new content for that service as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2022, 06:22:45 AM »
 :conf:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2022, 02:24:55 PM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/cbs-real-love-boat-paramount-plus-1235251048/

YIPPEE, great news for Amazing Race!

The Real Love Boat has been moved to Paramount+ streaming airing only, and Race has been moved up to the 9-10 slot on Wednesdays from Episode 7, the slot we originally had, for the remainder of the season.

Exactly where it should be! I hope this can boost ratings to the levels of 33 last season, which were quite good!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2022, 02:34:06 PM »
YAY! We can enjoy the latter half of the season at a sensible hour!  :conf:

CBS did it to try to force an audience for another dime-a-dozen dating show, but it obviously wasn't working like they hoped.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2022, 06:16:44 PM »
This just made me so happy. Time wise it doesn't change for me.
Still technically 11pm for me, DST ending, change my time gap to ET, and if you use the live stream links thread, you've seen me rambling a bit about these things, the last few weeks, including how terrible that Love Boat show is.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2022, 03:52:17 PM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/cbs-real-love-boat-paramount-plus-1235251048/

YIPPEE, great news for Amazing Race!

The Real Love Boat has been moved to Paramount+ streaming airing only, and Race has been moved up to the 9-10 slot on Wednesdays from Episode 7, the slot we originally had, for the remainder of the season.

Exactly where it should be! I hope this can boost ratings to the levels of 33 last season, which were quite good!
Sounds good to me! An earlier airing means more celebratory drinks while and after updating. :cmas26
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2022, 12:47:18 PM »
This week's viewership was up 10%, the best performance since the premiere! Saw some social media comments who missed the message about the time change, so next week should be better.

That's more like it. Putting a family-oriented show like Amazing Race on at 10:00 on a weeknight was idiotic.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2022, 02:18:16 PM »
This week's viewership was up 10%, the best performance since the premiere! Saw some social media comments who missed the message about the time change, so next week should be better.

That's more like it. Putting a family-oriented show like Amazing Race on at 10:00 on a weeknight was idiotic.

Time change in US is THIS Sun night at 0200, so TAR affected by next week
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2022, 11:49:10 PM »
Just a reminder that tonight is "FALL BACK" for the US, as clocks are turned back one hour.

So note that the next TAR episode will seem to be an hour earlier!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2022, 04:03:07 PM »
Episode 9 was a season high in viewership! The timeslot really makes all the difference <3