Author Topic: Update On TAR Australia 6 Filming. Covid News. Spoiler Free.  (Read 2002 times)

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
Update On TAR Australia 6 Filming. Covid News. Spoiler Free.
« on: March 20, 2022, 03:09:31 AM »
I just came across this on Twitter. No location or contestant spoilers in the article.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2022/03/20/exclusive-new-season-of-the-amazing-race-australia-smashed-by-covid-19/?feed_id=87784
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 08:04:44 AM by georgiapeach »
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
Well I guess now we know why we haven't had any sightings in about a week.

It was inevitable this would happen. Even with vaccines, transmission of the virus is highly contagious. And as per the pictures we saw, we rarely -- if ever -- saw cast or crew wearing masks. Plus the fact that they were in super busy crowded areas... so this isn't surprising.

From the article, they're saying only a small amount of production has tested positive... so far. We don't know what procedures they take but considering Beau was one of the positive cases, and the racers regularly interact with him at Pit Stops, I'm worried this small amount of positive cases might become a whole lot more. Let's hope they keep this outbreak small and can continue on with none of the cast testing positive.

It would be awful to have a team test positive and have to drop out of the race for that, or even have the whole production shut down. Or even worse, someone's health severely impacted to a dire level.

I hope they can control this outbreak but I think they're playing with fire.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 03:45:29 AM by OMGitsGARRET »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I had a feeling this was this case when we didn’t hear for a while but I didn’t want to say anything in case my hunch was wrong

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster

It was inevitable this would happen. Even with vaccines, transmission of the virus is highly contagious. And as per the pictures we saw, we rarely -- if ever -- saw cast or crew wearing masks. Plus the fact that they were in super busy crowded areas... so this isn't surprising.

Exactly. Without saying the locations, I got the sense from those pictures that their plan was more reckless than TAR 33, which stuck to low-population areas.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

The first country has controlled COVID extremely well due to requiring tourists to be both vaccinated and tested. So even though we saw teams in a crowded square, the COVID risk was still minimal. The second country however never fully recovered from Omicron and is now dealing with sub-Omicron, so it's sadly not surprising that the crew might have caught COVID there.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
In the worst case scenario, TARAUS6 may just get Glasgow'd for its own sake.

Offline RealLifed

• RFF Not So Newbie
Oh wow that's really sad :(

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
New update - https://tvtonight.com.au/2022/03/the-amazing-scott-tweedie-races-to-the-pit-stop.html

TV Tonight understands the former 10 host, who has been US-based in recent years, was part of a COVID-safe contingency plan prior to production returning to international destinations.

So they always intended Scott to replace Beau in case of emergencies and had backup plans.