Author Topic: TAR 33 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! EP 6 2/2/2022 9-10 PM EST  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! EP 6 2/2/2022 9-10 PM EST
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2022, 09:01:06 PM »
Bro not the Casu Marzu
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2022, 09:01:45 PM »
Is it just me or are the teams doing Phil's job of explaining the details of tasks better than him nowadays?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2022, 09:04:45 PM »
another great leg overall, both detour tasks require paying attention in different context which is good thing tho im a bit disappointed that there wasn't any team melting down over an animal dram :lol: . the rb is physical but not linear, altho we kinda see the task before on tar 31. the kayak task to the pit stop is a good additional task as well.
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2022, 09:09:16 PM »
If this leg had have had a U-Turn, guaranteed Ryan & Dusty would have been toast with cheese on it. This is exactly when you want to use it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2022, 09:11:55 PM »
HUGE THANK YOU TO RACHEL FOR MAKING THIS COME ALIVE FOR US ALL!!

:thankyou: :thankyou: :grupo: :thankyou: :thankyou:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2022, 09:12:45 PM »
For as overused as France is by the show, it's crazy that it has been 17 years since the last visit to Corsica.

This was such a close competition, and I loved that. The cheese Detour wasn't favorable to impatient teams. The mule task was more of an attention to detail task than an animal task. It was easier but the cardinal rule of avoiding animals sent many teams to cheese. The canyoning looked so cool yet was physical enough so racers could pass. The kayaking was a good extra detail for getting to the Pit Stop.

Is it just me or are the teams doing Phil's job of explaining the details of tasks better than him nowadays?

It's better than Big Brother where they describe comps verbatim twice.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2022, 09:14:02 PM »
Loved this leg. Felt really old school with the tasks and layout of the leg. Pity they didn't have teams self-navigate during that final bit from the canyoning to the kayaking. Could have provided some fun. I am enjoying the Race, and although I will always pine for flight drama, even if it's Race created (like having two flights for them to book onto), I think in this new era of the show it is a good way forward to charter teams.

With Leg 7 being Corsica too, looks like we must have a two-hour double episode somewhere coming up to fit the schedule!

One final little thing - loving no U-Turns! Hope we only see 1 this entire season! I personally prefer a 15-20 minute Yield anyway.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2022, 09:19:42 PM »
As to next week, there is no way in hell I'd eat live maggots after once reading about a condition called Myiasis (don't Google it). Basically it's where someone ends up with them under the skin, usually by a fly laying eggs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2022, 10:31:28 AM »
Raq & Cayla figure out one of their parts is upside-down and solves the assembly correctly. They name their mule Cool Tony and think it sounds super Italian. They're naming it as inspiration for they ex-boyfriend.

Lulu & Lala get curdled milk and are approved in 2nd place. "It felt amazing to beat the guys!"

Raquel & Cayla deliver their mule and leave in 3rd place.

Ryan is extremely discouraged.
They actually name in KolTony. It’s a combination of their current boyfriends names, being Kolton & Tony. Cayla threw that out there, and Raquel actually thought it was lame .
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 10:42:48 AM by Race2020FAN »

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2022, 06:35:20 PM »
Ryan & Dusty being able to catch up was a combination of not only their hypercompetitiveness, but the task profile of the second half of the leg allowing for team movement.

Have we ever seen mules be this cooperative with teams before? The show didn't show them providing much resistance, and it appeared that Mule Please was the quicker task.

The shot of Ryan & Dusty jumping back on the vehicle was a great lead-out to commerical.

Sad to see Akbar & Sheri eliminated; it's a reminder that tasks seem a lot easier when you're watching from home than they are out on the racecourse.

Couldn't blame anyone for placing Ryan & Dusty as the favorites right now, but all but one of the other teams are family. Are family ties an advantage in communication, and will that make a difference in the legs to come? We'll see.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2022, 07:45:49 AM »
 :cheer:
If this leg had have had a U-Turn, guaranteed Ryan & Dusty would have been toast with cheese on it. This is exactly when you want to use it.
Might've been a real saving grace for Akbar & Sheri, too.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2022, 02:05:30 AM »
For as overused as France is by the show, it's crazy that it has been 17 years since the last visit to Corsica.

This was such a close competition, and I loved that. The cheese Detour wasn't favorable to impatient teams. The mule task was more of an attention to detail task than an animal task. It was easier but the cardinal rule of avoiding animals sent many teams to cheese. The canyoning looked so cool yet was physical enough so racers could pass. The kayaking was a good extra detail for getting to the Pit Stop.

It's better than Big Brother where they describe comps verbatim twice.

I was surprised that there was no meltdown involving the animals. Over the years, we've seen teams either fall at the back of the pack or get eliminated just because of certain stubborn animals.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2022, 06:35:34 AM »
If you look up the Detour location on Google Maps, they didn't have far to take the mule. Over a hill and that was about it. A longer distance, then maybe they would have started to get cranky.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2022, 06:55:22 AM »
If you look up the Detour location on Google Maps, they didn't have far to take the mule. Over a hill and that was about it. A longer distance, then maybe they would have started to get cranky.

Natalia is definitely a superfan, she chose the "cheese" detour given that tasks involving animals is risky. She knows her TAR history.  :clap2: