Author Topic: TAR 33 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! EP 1&2 1/5/2022 8-10 PM EST  (Read 12277 times)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Re: TAR 33 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! EP 1&2 1/5/2022 8-10 PM EST
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2022, 09:06:51 PM »
Decent double legs. Honestly i would take everything they offer for this season since it is definitely an abnormal season with pandemic going on and i am just glad that TAR is back in a very difficult situation. Can't wait to see what's unfold for the rest of the season  :cheer:
what might have been

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2022, 09:12:22 PM »
In hindsight, I'm sure Bertram and co. would've had Leg 2 in a different location than London, considering that they lamented having to use so many repeat locations in interviews. Each London leg was alright and it was cool to see the city at night and day, but I feel that the two could've been combined into a single, super solid London leg, rather than split into two. Sorting mail and playing darts don't exactly convey a wow-factor.

I'm glad that this is going to be the last leg with taxis. They seemed to have an understated, yet disproportionately large, impact on the results in these two legs, and it sucks to see a team go down that way.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2022, 09:15:33 PM »
Thank you a MILLION Rachel!! You were AMAZING!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2022, 09:18:07 PM »
Given the circumstances I am just glad that TAR was able to film at all. Probably preferred the first leg over the second leg. Night legs tend to be more fun to watch, and the second leg felt more barebones.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2022, 09:22:00 PM »
I honestly am not sure if they were actually intentional to make mail searching task that easy, but with so many teams left for the task, the execution was kind of busted

Also its kinda a bit odd that they had to decorate a cake to mimic EU country's flags... In a non EU country lol. I kind of accept the dart task but the second one definitely feels strange to me
what might have been

Online Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2022, 09:28:25 PM »
I really enjoyed the two legs. Great selection of teams.

Loved the cabbie telling Sheri that Boris Johnson is 'blond...and fat'. Loved Arun secretly wishing Caro & Ray bad luck, he is great to watch. Loved seeing Akbar & Sheri bicker, I like seeing real couples. Same goes for Caro & Ray, even if we know it didn't last long term. Kim & Penn are so fun to watch, and the middle-aged couple carpool comment made me laugh. Raquel & Cayla are awesome fun. Lulu & Lala are epic trainwrecks, and their fight at the end was hilarious. Ryan & Dusty are awesome, and doing very well! All the other teams had great moments too. Great cast. I just wish they didn't have to big up their internet personality stuff. I always like seeing teams that are JUST a father/daughter, or a married couple - just highlight their story and then carry on. Call them Married Parents rather than Internet Personalities, you know :D

I enjoyed the tasks. Mail roadblock was easy, but liked that it tripped Penn & Ray up. Detours were fun, nice to see Leicester Square which I often frequented. Happy to see a KOR, want to see more of the twins!

Looking forward to Scotland, stick-shift and the final leg before the shut-down!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2022, 10:37:28 PM »
First of all: great to see the Race on air again, even if the context of this season is like no other.

The graphics look sleek and are definitely unobtrusive!

We have a great bunch of teams, and I look forward to seeing more of their personalities and quirks as the Race progresses, especially how they handle the adversities that are sure to come.

I totally related to the overthinkers on the mail Roadblock... feels like something I would do.

Is this the first time racers have been checked into a Pit Stop while sitting down? It was unique, but like others mentioned, a bit odd.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2022, 11:31:11 PM »
Is this the first time racers have been checked into a Pit Stop while sitting down? It was unique, but like others mentioned, a bit odd.
They did that first in season 1 in Thailand where 5 teams were checked in Tiger Temple.

It's the most memorable elimination from that season because Joe & Bill botched their FF and felt 8 hours behind the leading teams while Nancy & Emily got hit by a 24-hours penalty.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 11:55:48 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2022, 11:46:41 PM »
They did that first in season 1 in Thailand where 5 teams were checked in Tiger Temple.
Another special circumstance and technicality: Phil refereed Heather & Eve's penalty with Aaron & Arianne sitting down at Torre de Belem in Lisbon during TAR3.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2022, 11:51:01 PM »
I kindly asked Sam about his flub of calling Westminster Abbey "Big Ben" on Twitter and instead of explaining or laughing it off like other racers in the past, he just blocks me without a response.   :funny:

Hope he's not that kind of guy. 

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2022, 12:01:55 AM »
Another special circumstance and technicality: Phil refereed Heather & Eve's penalty with Aaron & Arianne sitting down at Torre de Belem in Lisbon during TAR3.
I'm glad you mentioned technicality because I was just about to say: "7 teams who were stood up told me to say hi to Rachel"  :cmaslol :cmas16 :cmas10
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 12:06:20 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2022, 12:19:23 AM »
Raquel & Cayla bypass Lulu & Lala while Taylor & Isaiah pass Caro & Ray.

Arun & Natalia are superfans of TAR and their first scene is them watching TAR26. They reveal their true American dream story.

Connie & Sam's taxi tries to take a shortcut.
I liked them already, hope they do well.

Note: They're watching Henry & Evan.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:44:05 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2022, 12:23:19 AM »
Kim & Penn are introduced as YouTubers who make musically-inclined joys. They are most famous for their Christmas Jammies video.

Caro & Ray and Kim & Penn reach the Artist Den task. They get a lesson in pasting the pieces of artwork onto the wall.
Aren't you sad that Christmas has already been over?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2022, 03:13:15 AM »
Paramount+ has the episodes and insider videos posted as of 3 am CT, for those of you wanting to rewatch. The insider videos for both legs are also posted on the TAR official You Tube channel.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2022, 05:27:30 AM »
In hindsight, I'm sure Bertram and co. would've had Leg 2 in a different location than London, considering that they lamented having to use so many repeat locations in interviews. Each London leg was alright and it was cool to see the city at night and day, but I feel that the two could've been combined into a single, super solid London leg, rather than split into two. Sorting mail and playing darts don't exactly convey a wow-factor.

I'm glad that this is going to be the last leg with taxis. They seemed to have an understated, yet disproportionately large, impact on the results in these two legs, and it sucks to see a team go down that way.

Yeah agreed. The second London leg is really sloppy and seems to me like it was put together last minute. That Roadblock was way too simple, surely they hadn't had that designed months before filming. I wonder if they split it out into two legs once they realised COVID was coming and they needed to get the season done ASAP. Seems bizarre otherwise why they ran three legs in four days all in the UK.

I do appreciate that we saw four teams absolutely rip into each other over the course of the premiere though, seems like a good interesting cast!

Online NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2022, 09:59:59 AM »
I do get the impression that the London leg was expanded from 1 to 2, and things might have been hectic production wise. Things were already getting pretty bad in some countries. They probably might have done a single daytime leg, instead of having a short night leg with another daytime leg. All we can do is speculate.

The lack of a starting line, was probably to give Phil and team a proper head-start time in the UK, which might have included all these leg adjustments. This was mid-Feb20, it would be another few weeks for the WHO to declare it a pandemic, however COVID cases were already soaring in certain parts of the world. Teams were probably in sequester and production chose to return them all to their hometowns, for this remote TAR28 style race start.

Back then, I had a huge work event planned for March 2020, and I remember being super hopeful we would be able to make it happen, before things got worse. We ended up cancelling it a few days before, around the time the WHO declared the whole thing a pandemic. It might be myself overthinking things, but the TAR Production was really hoping to be able to wrap the 20'ish days that usually takes to film the race, before things got worse, and things really did not pan out.

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2022, 11:11:00 AM »
Paramount+ has the episodes and insider videos posted as of 3 am CT, for those of you wanting to rewatch. The insider videos for both legs are also posted on the TAR official You Tube channel.
Thanks for that notice. I enjoyed watching all of them on YouTube.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2022, 12:28:08 PM »
So glad to have TAR back on my screen. I enjoyed the first leg. The tasks, night scenery, & the pit stop  :luvya:  but little bit disappointed with the second leg, especially the roadblock. Even though it made two teams confused, but Raquel finished it in 15 seconds. Was it the fastest roadblock ever on TAR? I wish they put the clue inside the sealed envelope to make it more challenging.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2022, 01:38:33 PM »
So glad to have TAR back on my screen. I enjoyed the first leg. The tasks, night scenery, & the pit stop  :luvya:  but little bit disappointed with the second leg, especially the roadblock. Even though it made two teams confused, but Raquel finished it in 15 seconds. Was it the fastest roadblock ever on TAR? I wish they put the clue inside the sealed envelope to make it more challenging.

Did they say how long the tram ride was to get to the packages? That probably makes the overall RB time a bit longer than something like the TAR3 Fountain of Youth RB, where team members had to literally just grab their clue from the fountain.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »
Sheri is tired from running already. "Slow and steady"

Lulu & Lala are last to arrive at the Detour clue while Raquel & Cayla ask for what a Bobby is with success from a local British woman. They find the bobby and must go to Little Ben.

Akbar is frustrated with Sheri.

Did anyone see when Raquel & Cayla got their clue from the "Bobby" that Sheri was not too far away trying to catch her breath/gather her thoughts? How could she miss that another team was talking to a local?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2022, 03:44:07 PM »
Christmas in January.  What a way to make the year a bit better.   So happy to see the show back (even if I didn't love the episodes, I'm still tickled pink).  And the show did quite well which is very, very nice to see.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2022, 10:50:35 PM »
No, it was this. :lol:

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2022, 10:59:36 PM »

Did anyone see when Raquel & Cayla got their clue from the "Bobby" that Sheri was not too far away trying to catch her breath/gather her thoughts? How could she miss that another team was talking to a local?

I saw that too, maybe because she tired and didn't realize it. Even though she saw Raquel & Cayla, maybe she thought that girls just asking for a direction

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2022, 05:05:44 AM »
I think the 12 flags were: Brazil, Colombia, Germany, Norway, Chile, Great Britain, Russia, Jamaica, South Africa, France, Thailand and Sierra Leone(?). So only 2 EU countries. Did anybody got anything different?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2022, 09:32:48 PM »
I loved it! I missed TAR so much!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard