Author Topic: TAR32 Emmy Submission  (Read 3493 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
TAR32 Emmy Submission
« on: June 23, 2021, 07:05:49 AM »
The highlighted episode submitted for Emmy consideration this year is
Episode 32.07 - Give Me a Beard Bump (Kazakhstan)

(According to the Emmy ballots: https://www.emmys.com/ballots/2021)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR32 Emmy Submission
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 07:18:01 AM »
That’s actually a good choice. There was a lot going on in that leg besides the tasks, and even the tasks were top notch.
-- theschnauzers

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:42:07 AM »
Interesting choice... I guess they probably did it because of the Detour? I can understand where they were coming from with that.

I might be alone in this, but I probably would've picked episode 3 when they visited The Amazon instead. For me at least, that was the best episode of the whole season, super fun and exciting to watch. Plus first ever visit to The Amazon and meeting an indigenous tribe I feel like could've given it a bigger push to win? But alright.  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 02:44:10 PM »
So are these def nominations? Are these just submissions as possibilities? Or ACTUAL nominations?

For instance I see Phil nominated for TAR and Tough as Nails?

TAR nominated in lots of categories....
  :idgit
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 04:18:45 PM »
So are these def nominations? Are these just submissions as possibilities? Or ACTUAL nominations?

For instance I see Phil nominated for TAR and Tough as Nails?

TAR nominated in lots of categories....
  :idgit

No, these are the Emmy ballots and they include every single show/talent/crew that is eligible and has entered their work into the competition. Emmy nominations are announced July 13.

Interesting choice... I guess they probably did it because of the Detour? I can understand where they were coming from with that.

I might be alone in this, but I probably would've picked episode 3 when they visited The Amazon instead. For me at least, that was the best episode of the whole season, super fun and exciting to watch. Plus first ever visit to The Amazon and meeting an indigenous tribe I feel like could've given it a bigger push to win? But alright.  :duno:

I agree, they probably chose it because of the Detour. But I would've chosen Episode 3 too. It's better overall. Absolutely chaotic, lots of competition and drama, and the location and tasks are just as good as the Detour in Kazakhstan. Plus it has the "cultural" aspect too.  (And Emmy voters don't really care much about the big productions like the WWI simulation in TAR15 which handed TAR its first loss.)

--
Also, as a personal preference, the alliance was still in its infancy and irrelevant, so that's a plus. But of course means nothing to Emmy voters lolol
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:25:32 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 12:40:34 PM »
TAR32 got 4 nominations!

OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY FOR A REALITY PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A REALITY PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING PICTURE EDITING FOR A STRUCTURED REALITY OR COMPETITION PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING COMPETITION PROGRAM

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 07:11:48 PM »
If memory serves me correctly, that’s the most nominations for TAR in quite a while.
-- theschnauzers