Author Topic: TAR 32 EP 9 LIVE SHOW UPDATES AND COMMENTARY 11/25/20 9-10PM  (Read 15188 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 32 EP 9 LIVE SHOW UPDATES AND COMMENTARY 11/25/20 9-10PM
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2020, 03:08:11 AM »
Yielding Kaylynn & Haley once let alone twice seemed like a tremendously short-sighted thing to do in terms of the overall outcome of the race.

It was also idiotic as a game move. There's really no point in specifically targeting a statistically weak team TWICE on the same day when they've been last for much much more times.
Actually its completely rational and the most logical choice to make. 

I will again preface that I don't like the Yield or the U-Turn in any form.  I assume that the racers discovered at some point during this leg (I would assume in the route info before the final one), that this episode would be their last opportunity to use a Yield.

With the first part of the leg, we know that past the first route marker that Kaylynn & Haley were last.  When Will & James depart the Detour in first they see all other teams there,  I would assume that these (aligned) would let everyone know the Blonde Bombers are to the best of their knowledge last, or behind the pack (they should all understand they could have chosen the other detour option).  But for Will & James using the Yield on one of the teams in the alliances would put a target on their back for the rest of the leg.  Help they they might normally expect would not arrive.  And if they knew another Yield was available it would mean they could be retaliated against.  The Blonde Bombers are believed at this point to be near the rear of the pack, and can't Yield them with a future Yield. 
I understand the logic and I understand your intention. A piece of trivia is that they were told this leg would be the final leg with Yield since the Germany leg.

Do you want to know why they always tell the racers in advance that Yield/U-turn is ahead? To encourage the teams to strategize and use them and I think what you're saying have the same effect.

No one used U-turn in S13 so in S14, they installed Blind U-turn. In S17, because no one used U-turn in S15 and in S16, Brandy & Carol made a big scene about U-turn, they installed Double U-turn. In S21, they installed Double Blind U-turn.

My point is the show is encouraging racers to sabotage each other and it's frustrating to watch the racers having the worst drawn out of them and to be honest, it's no longer enjoyable to watch. I'm tired of the same old same old drama on RTV and this is coming from a guy who loves drama.
As I stated in the very first part of my initial response, I don't like Yields, U-Turns, Intersections, ect.  Anything that has the impact of slowing down a team outside of hours of operations and travel time.  It can be my favorite team of all time using it, I still don't like the use of them on the show.  But they have been a part of the show since 2004.  So I can't do anything about that.  But was just responding to the people who thought it wasn't smart choices or it didn't make since to use the yield on the team in the back, or to have them get yielded twice.  And on that it's absolutely right choice if you are going to use it.  Of course, again I wish no team ever did.  Really about he only thing on the race, besides roadblocks, detours, and route marker tasks that I have liked was the original use of the Fast Forward that lasted through the first 4 seasons.  One on every leg except the last two, but that's just me. 

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2020, 03:44:46 AM »
I mean it's a fine move to Yield the last team if you're trying to stay safe at the end of the leg. It's a stupid move if you're in first place though, which both Will and James and the Beards were when they used it.

They both told us they were being strategic with the Yield, which makes zero sense as the blondes clearly were NOT a threat. Their intention was to knock out NFL and they both chickened out of it. Such a lame and cowardly move imo.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2020, 04:11:21 PM »
I mean it's a fine move to Yield the last team if you're trying to stay safe at the end of the leg. It's a stupid move if you're in first place though, which both Will and James and the Beards were when they used it.

They both told us they were being strategic with the Yield, which makes zero sense as the blondes clearly were NOT a threat. Their intention was to knock out NFL and they both chickened out of it. Such a lame and cowardly move imo.

In both instances, the leading team were protecting the other teams in their alliance. Quit ignoring that fact.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2020, 07:55:32 PM »
Across all TAR seasons, 32 is earning a place in a low-tier for me. No joke, I almost fell asleep by the end of this episode (and it was India, which has usually produced some of the most exciting culture shock legs), and I'm actually a little disappointed in the fact CBS isn't doubling up 2 more of the 3 that are left.

Once this season's done, it's one I'm quite certain I won't watch again.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2020, 01:30:44 AM »

In both instances, the leading team were protecting the other teams in their alliance. Quit ignoring that fact.

Really don't appreciate your condescending tone across the board the past few weeks. You may disagree and that's fine, but no need to be consistently rude about it.

I haven't ignored anything, the fact is they're protecting the strongest teams in the race and knocking out the weakest regardless of if it's their alliance. Again, if they wanted to protect their core 3 alliance they still could have yielded NFL, which they didn't. It's a total cop out.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:43:59 AM by ovalorange »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2020, 02:21:51 AM »

Imo they wanted to yield a team that they were sure were in last and had a lesser chance to survive so they wouldn't retaliate, since there is still a W-turn in hand, and it has bigger impact than the yield.
Those two were the last yields anyway so it might not matter how to use.

Yielding NFL was  actually a bigger risk to take because not only it would break the promise of the alliance (im pretty sure NFL teams were still in alliance until the RB, or so they thoight) but also gave NFL a motivation to bite them back, since yielded them would have given a little impact to them anyway (H/K were actually far behind from the other team even hadn't they gotten yielded, let alone twice), NFL teams had a bigger chance to survive from the leg than H/K , and in some instances NFL surpassed W/J and the beard bros at some moments of the race
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2020, 09:35:11 AM »

Really don't appreciate your condescending tone across the board the past few weeks. You may disagree and that's fine, but no need to be consistently rude about it.

I haven't ignored anything, the fact is they're protecting the strongest teams in the race and knocking out the weakest regardless of if it's their alliance. Again, if they wanted to protect their core 3 alliance they still could have yielded NFL, which they didn't. It's a total cop out.

Agreed with Oval.

That's all there is to the entire incident. There was no smart strategic play involved, it was all petty and pointless and served nothing other than eliminating the weakest team left. It's equally embarrassing for everyone involved to keep pretending otherwise.

https://twitter.com/williamjardell/status/1333571259645345792

No self-respecting superfan of this show would actually believe that 20 minutes isn't gonna hurt a team, especially when time is a critical element of the show's very format. Kaylynn & Haley were Yielded for FOURTY MINUTES. And based on their exit interviews they actually got to the first Yield in time to see Will & James finish so it was definitely a factor in them leaving.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2020, 10:00:28 AM »
Will’s tweet makes no sense  :groan:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2020, 11:02:21 AM »
Will’s tweet makes no sense  :groan:

I know. His explanation reminds of John about the Express Pass and basically blurting out any excuse that falls out of his mouth in the moment. Obviously none of us know them as people but that's a sign of a conceited personality.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2020, 11:17:13 AM »
Best Indian leg (esp leg 8 ) since season 18 in my opinion. The casts and route were great, such a shame this alliance made this season less enjoyable. I've had enough comments about the double yield on Kaylynn & Haley, so i don't want to add it. They may not strong racers, but i love their attitude and positivity. I hope they will get second chance in the next all stars (If TAR still continue :D )