Author Topic: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 330985 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #550 on: July 08, 2015, 11:44:15 PM »
As for the rest of this race:

Since India hasn't been visited since Season 20, I predict both legs 9 & 10 will be located there.

As for Leg 11, that could be a toss up:
          - Southeast Asia: All countries (except for Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, and Brunei) have been visited within the last five seasons (22-26). However, I still think a new city or a city that hasn't been visited in a long time could be visited; maybe Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Brunei (a new country), or (in my opinion, the most likely), Jakarta.
          - East Asia: Production won't want to risk racers catching MERS, so I think South Korea is out. They visited Japan last season, but then again they also visited Netherlands, France, Southern Africa, and South America, so it could go either way with Japan. This leaves Taiwan and China. There is a typhoon heading straight for East Asia and will spread from Hong Kong to Korea, so I think this eliminates Taiwan and most of Eastern China. This leaves parts of China further inland, which, in my opinion, is pretty cool! They could copy some classic legs from China Rush and go to cities like Chengdu, Chongqing, or remote parts of the stunning Hunan and Yunnan provinces.

To sum it up, I'd put my money on leg 11 being in either Jakarta, Brunei, or inland China.

As for Leg 12:
          - I'm putting my money on the Pacific Northwest, be it Seattle or Portland. They had a California finish in Season 25, so it's out. Hawaii and Alaska had finish lines in Seasons 20 and 23, respectively, and since the season would end on the West Coast, that leaves Washington & Oregon. Portland was visited only once in Season 13, and Seattle was visited in Seasons 3 (a finish line) and 10 (a starting line). I'd personally favor Seattle (might go to college there - go Huskies!  :hearts:) but I think both cities are feasible!
I live in Hong Kong and I know there are three typhoons.
One hit Hong kong on 10/7,another two hit Shanghai and Japan

HK may still remain a high possibility since teams just start the leg 9

But East China and Japan may not be visited

I agree with both. But the penultimate leg taking place in Mainland Southeast Asia after having done in the Maritime Southeast Asia (The Philippines) two seasons ago, my choice is Vietnam and its a bit safe place.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #551 on: July 09, 2015, 12:07:57 AM »
Updated list of speculative route and cast spoilers thus far.

9. Uttar Pradesh, India - Justin & Diana, Denise & James Earl, Tiffany & Krista, Logan & Chris last spotted
8. Krakow, Poland - Tanner & Josh last spotted
7. The Hague, The Netherlands
6. Paris, France - Cindy & Rick last spotted
5. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe - Joey & Kelsey last spotted
4. Victoria Falls, Zambia - Jazmine & Danielle last spotted
3. San Antonio de Areco, Argentina
2. Buenos Aires, Argentina - Alex & Adam, Ernest & Jin last spotted
1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Shevonne & Kelly last spotted

Wait! When were Tanner & Josh spotted in France/Netherlands/Poland  :ascared

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #552 on: July 09, 2015, 12:18:06 AM »
Hooray!!! Tiffany & Krista survived. I will be more than happy if you make it to the finale.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #553 on: July 09, 2015, 12:21:18 AM »
Tiffany & Krista = Jaime & Cara 2.0 <333333333
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #554 on: July 09, 2015, 12:38:37 AM »

9. Uttar Pradesh, India - Justin & Diana, Denise & James Earl, Tiffany & Krista, Logan & Chris last spotted

I have the same question with cbacbacba1.  :ascared Can someone quote the proof?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #555 on: July 09, 2015, 01:35:52 AM »
Hooray!!! Tiffany & Krista survived. I will be more than happy if you make it to the finale.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Personally...I think calling this based on a bit of lime green may be exceedingly....optimistic.

I would like a bit more first.....  but feel free to change my mind!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #556 on: July 09, 2015, 01:40:35 AM »

I have the same question with cbacbacba1.  :ascared Can someone quote the proof?

Purely based on a post at the top of p.9 of Live Sightings stating they saw two young guys (an all-male team) with an asian lady in Krakow that has been bandied about - it could be wrong.

GP, as for Tiffany and Krista - they clearly have two very lime green backpacks as seen in previous sightings and one can be seen on the ground beside Denise in the  photograph - surely that indicates it is them with their heads down?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:44:54 AM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #557 on: July 09, 2015, 01:42:05 AM »

Purely based on a post stating they saw two young guys with an asian lady in Krakow that has been bandied about - it could be wrong.

GP, as for Tiffany and Krista - they clearly have two very lime green backpacks as seen in previous sightings and one can be seen on the ground beside Denise in the  photograph - surely that indicates it is them with their heads down?

Agreed.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #558 on: July 09, 2015, 01:55:06 AM »

Purely based on a post stating they saw two young guys with an asian lady in Krakow that has been bandied about - it could be wrong.

Agreed.

Oh! :ascared There was no minor detail to Tanner & James, but I guess that's valid. :)

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #559 on: July 09, 2015, 02:44:54 AM »

Personally...I think calling this based on a bit of lime green may be exceedingly....optimistic.

I just wonder what the probabilities are of:

1 Two young tanned brunette long-haired gals,
2 Sitting right next to two other teams (inches away),
3 At the right and same place and time (and showing up in the same picture),
4 Wearing black and lime green combined outfits as spotted before (lime green tee over black),
5 Wearing at least one visible sneaker that matches one pair of the previous pics (white with black-tipped sole),
6 And carrying the same color and matching style of backpacks as Tiffany and Krista.

My mind has been changed for a while.  :didimiss:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #560 on: July 09, 2015, 02:57:02 AM »

I just wonder what the probabilities are of:

1 Two young tanned brunette long-haired gals,
2 Sitting right next to two other teams (inches away),
3 At the right and same place and time (and showing up in the same picture),
4 Wearing black and lime green combined outfits as spotted before (lime green tee over black),
5 Wearing at least one visible sneaker that matches one pair of the previous pics (white with black-tipped sole),
6 And carrying the same color and matching style of backpacks as Tiffany and Krista.

My mind has been changed for a while.  :didimiss:

Tiffany & Krista  after checking in the pit stop.

This comes directly from new member SCTARfandc  :bigwelcome

Instagrams x2 

That's definitely them. Look at the photo comparison. The Lime/Black color, the white shoes and matching green bags, curly hair

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #561 on: July 09, 2015, 03:16:00 AM »
Okay!! You got me  :<3
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #562 on: July 09, 2015, 03:38:06 AM »
Okay...it is now about 145 PM  in India.

Teams arr'd Delhi at 1130ish and 1Am.  (I feel for them...Delhi is discombobulating in the daytime...)

So...what next?

My SPEC is train to wherever...

Let's assume maybe Agra.

Night arrival

Figure out how to get to train

Choices TAXI vs Metro (may not run till 0500, but much faster /cheaper)

Arr Train Station

Take train to destination http://www.mapsofindia.com/railway-timetable/trains-from-new-delhi-to-agra-cantt.html

(sample Agra==about 3+ hrs, first at 0500

Find task location

HOO??

Do tasks

So... we will see very tired racers dealing with the chaos of India AT NIGHT.

This is going to be EMMY worthy.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #563 on: July 09, 2015, 08:22:23 AM »
Okay...it is now about 145 PM  in India.

Teams arr'd Delhi at 1130ish and 1Am.  (I feel for them...Delhi is discombobulating in the daytime...)

So...what next?

My SPEC is train to wherever...

Let's assume maybe Agra.

Night arrival

Figure out how to get to train

Choices TAXI vs Metro (may not run till 0500, but much faster /cheaper)

Arr Train Station

Take train to destination http://www.mapsofindia.com/railway-timetable/trains-from-new-delhi-to-agra-cantt.html

(sample Agra==about 3+ hrs, first at 0500

Find task location

HOO??

Do tasks

So... we will see very tired racers dealing with the chaos of India AT NIGHT.

This is going to be EMMY worthy.

India at night will be like TAR13 then...
what might have been

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #564 on: July 09, 2015, 09:36:44 AM »
Here's a possible sighting. From his twitter account, it sounds like he might be from the Seattle area, but I suspect he's travelling. I can't tell where he might be located currently. I've asked for more information.

Liam Hauck ‏@liamsa12thman 2h2 hours ago
It's always cool to meet people at airports, but it's even cooler when those people are currently on the amazing race. #MetTheCameraManToo
5:25 PM - 8 Jul 2015

He certainly was in Auschwitz/Krakow and at the delayed flights mess up at the airport!!!

I seriously doubt that TAR teams went anywhere near Auschwitz. I have a couple of reasons for this. 1) No sightings....if teams had gone to Auschwitz/Birkenau we would have probably seen 10x the amount of tweets that we saw for Schindler's factory. The concentration/death camps are just that much bigger tourist destinations. 2) Auschwitz/Birkenau are NOT located in Krakow, contrary to what was posted earlier. Auschwitz/Birkenau are located in the Polish city of Oswiecim. Depending on how one drives there, it is either 65-70 kms or 85-90 kms from Krakow. 
Matthew 7:15

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #565 on: July 09, 2015, 10:40:51 AM »
Here's a possible sighting. From his twitter account, it sounds like he might be from the Seattle area, but I suspect he's travelling. I can't tell where he might be located currently. I've asked for more information.

It's always cool to meet people at airports, but it's even cooler when those people are currently on the amazing race. #MetTheCameraManToo

He certainly was in Auschwitz/Krakow and at the delayed flights mess up at the airport!!!

I seriously doubt that TAR teams went anywhere near Auschwitz. I have a couple of reasons for this. 1) No sightings....if teams had gone to Auschwitz/Birkenau we would have probably seen 10x the amount of tweets that we saw for Schindler's factory. The concentration/death camps are just that much bigger tourist destinations. 2) Auschwitz/Birkenau are NOT located in Krakow, contrary to what was posted earlier. Auschwitz/Birkenau are located in the Polish city of Oswiecim. Depending on how one drives there, it is either 65-70 kms or 85-90 kms from Krakow.

No one has said, written or mentioned that the teams or the race were in, or went to Auschwitz. I clearly stated that HE (the author) was on a trip that took him to Auschwitz/Krakow (meaning the area), then the airport. If he only spotted the racers at the airport, and the airport only; how can you possibly conclude, from this single sighting, that the racers could have gone anywhere else but the airport? It is only through other sightings that we know the race went to Krakow's city centre and maybe Schindler's factory.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #566 on: July 09, 2015, 11:31:41 AM »

No one has said, written or mentioned that the teams or the race were in, or went to Auschwitz. I clearly stated that HE (the author) was on a trip that took him to Auschwitz/Krakow (meaning the area), then the airport. If he only spotted the racers at the airport, and the airport only; how can you possibly conclude, from this single sighting, that the racers could have gone anywhere else but the airport? It is only through other sightings that we know the race went to Krakow's city centre and maybe Schindler's factory.

Liam did reply to me a few hours ago and he stated that he saw them at the airport in Krakow. Elsewhere, he did upload pictures taken at Auschwitz but there was no suggestion that he saw any TAR related activity there.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #567 on: July 09, 2015, 12:40:35 PM »
Since TAR 11 did have an memorial stop at Auschwitz, I don't see any reason why that would be repeated. Krakow however, is also the birthplace of Pope John Paul II, and there might have been something this time in Krakow, that wasn't possible then.

Also, please keep an eye on the tropical cyclones headed to China and the Philippines that may interfere with either flights or leg locations after India. One cyclone came ashore in southern China, and is headed towards Vietnam; the next one is headed in the general direction of Shanghai, is a much larger system, and is forecast to head towards Korea or Japan. And there's a third cyclone behind these two. And there's a tropical depression headed towards north of the Hawaiian Island chain, that may pose weather issues. It's been a long time since we've had these potential issues (TAR 8, and TAR 11 in Tanzania) but it is something to keep in mind in trying to find the next leg after India as well as flights and flight delays or re-routing.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:44:56 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #568 on: July 09, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »
Can someone work on identifying  rwruck's exact location in the airport? (presumed Krakow)

remember that we have 2  very clear reports of 3 MF teams in Krakow. Traveling together. via Frankfurt.

For there to be more than those 3 teams together it must be pre their split to the two flights right?

Would be nice to confirm that sighting location
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: July 09, 2015, 12:50:54 PM »

I haven't heard back from him yet, but Xarles found his Facebook page and it appears he saw them at the airport in Poland. Doesn't say which one, but probably in Krakow? Talked about many delayed flights, seeing the Green team and talking with the camera man.

I did get a reply from Liam. here's what he said:

Liam Hauck ‏@liamsa12thman 5h5 hours ago
@Plaidmoon Kraków airport, all guy with girl teams, only 3 teams left as far as I could tell. They were really cool tho
4:38 AM - 9 Jul 2015

So, it was at the Krakow airport. Also, he says he saw 3 M/F teams. I'm not sure we had that many M/F teams worked out.

So he only saw Justin & Diana, Logan & Chris, and Denise & James Earl, but I'm convinced with the cheerleaders being safe based on the recent pictures.

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #570 on: July 09, 2015, 01:09:49 PM »
Can someone work on identifying  rwruck's exact location in the airport? (presumed Krakow)

remember that we have 2  very clear reports of 3 MF teams in Krakow. Traveling together. via Frankfurt.

For there to be more than those 3 teams together it must be pre their split to the two flights right?

Would be nice to confirm that sighting location

I think I got it: Terminal 1, John Paul II International Airport, Krakow.
Video of the terminal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKQ2lUi-vDw
Go to 4:47. I think they are seated at the back. We can see the RELAY sign, which is reflected on the large windows behind the teams on rwruck's picture. We can also see a tv attached to the ceiling.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #571 on: July 09, 2015, 01:10:13 PM »
The point is where was that taken and when? Two flights = two gates.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #572 on: July 09, 2015, 01:19:51 PM »
In rwruck's pictures, and from the video, I think they are seated near gate 6.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #573 on: July 09, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »
Oh I see!! Awesome job, thank you!! Now...why would they all be there?  I am just puzzled as to why they are all herded together ...WRP usually does their best to keep them apart these days. :lol:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:27:22 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #574 on: July 09, 2015, 01:25:56 PM »
The video I used to identify where were the teams in the airport:

Video of the terminal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKQ2lUi-vDw