Author Topic: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 333093 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #600 on: July 10, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »
I'm really want more than one new country.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #601 on: July 10, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »
TPTB always have back-up legs in place to use as necessary; we just don't know what the original plans are, and what are the back-ups. (It's known, IIRC, that the visit to Phuket in one recent Race was a back-up plan, but we never knew what was originally planned, just that teams had to get to Bangkok in order to return to the planned route.) This time, these issues are coming up close to the end of the Race as its not clear what the options are. I doubt Russia will even be entertained, given international sanctions against the Russians over Ukraine, and western China won't happen because the Chinese will not let visitors into Tibet, and Sinkiang province is having a serious problem with Muslim insurgents. Beijing may be a alternative that fits the season one throwback theme, but that's hard to say one way or the other.
About the only option I can see is a diversion to Australia or New Zealand if that avoids the volcanic ash issue in Indonesia. Most of the other East Asia options will have weather issues for the next few days. And we know there are direct flights to the US and teams can connect if need be to reach the final destination city.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: July 10, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
What about Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:38:24 AM by BritishTARFan »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #603 on: July 10, 2015, 05:52:49 PM »
Or what about a final leg in Mexico or Canada close to the border? like as a last minute thing

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #604 on: July 10, 2015, 06:18:38 PM »
or (maybe) mongolia and kirgizstan??
what might have been

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #605 on: July 10, 2015, 08:52:19 PM »
And they are the same cities from TAR 1, legs 7 and 8. So I'm not complaining.

In addition to the tropical cyclones in the Western Pacific headed towards different areas of China, we now have an active volcano in Indonesia that is affecting airline traffic, including Bali. It's going to be interesting to see where in fact the Race goes to after India.
Will it be Hong Kong?
As I have watched the weather forecast,the weather is pretty good until next thursday

Ruling out the volcanic eruption in indonesia,MERS in South Korea and the tropical cyclone hit Shanghai,Taiwan,Japan

Thailand is suffered from drought

It leaves out Vietnam,Southern and Middle part of China,Laos,Malaysia,Singapore

Hong Kong still remain the highest possibility

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #606 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:23 PM »
Or what about a final leg in Mexico or Canada close to the border? like as a last minute thing

Thanks but no, thanks. I am pretty sure neither country wants "a last minute thing".

Canada and Mexico have both been longing for another leg in each country for years and I strongly believe that that will not be happening anytime soon.

(Off topic) Just in case production is reading this:

I would love and die for:

Connection Points

1) A San Diego>Tijuana>Mexico City>Cancun>South America START
2) An Asia>Mexico City>Guanajuato>Monterrey>Houston FINISH
3) A Europe>Montreal>Toronto>Niagara>Buffalo FINISH
4) A Seattle>Victoria>Vancouver>Calgary>Asia START

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #607 on: July 10, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »
Peach, I think that this season provide Switchback Tasks mostly in every consecutive legs... mark me if I'm wrong...

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #608 on: July 10, 2015, 09:18:06 PM »
From India, they would have travel back to South Africa or U.K. or Russia.
But in that case, there's not a possibility to go BACK.
I would like to see a new country like Brunei, Myanmar, or Laos... If China is possible, storms approach the lower cities and therefore, should get to Beijing... or maybe a South Korea or Mongolia or Russia in Vladivostok?
 ???
must be in Oceania and get to Australia or New Zealand???
 :gaah:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #609 on: July 10, 2015, 09:26:08 PM »
What about Maldives?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #610 on: July 10, 2015, 09:57:20 PM »
They should start the 11th leg soon right? So I hope we'll find out the penultimate leg location. TAR, please don't disappoint us. :hoot:

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #611 on: July 10, 2015, 10:07:46 PM »
I would like to see a new country like Brunei, Myanmar, or Laos... If China is possible, storms approach the lower cities and therefore, should get to Beijing... or maybe a South Korea or Mongolia or Russia in Vladivostok?
 ???
Myanmar? Are you aware that Myanmar has Martial Law!  (:;)

Offline jeanluc20

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #612 on: July 10, 2015, 10:15:11 PM »
 ???
Myanmar? Are you aware that Myanmar has Martial Law!  (:;)

Martial Law is only in effect in the Kokang region of Myanmar. Even if I think Myanmar is quite unlikely, TAR can always surprise us... they went to Sri Lanka in Season 6 when the country was in a civil war and Thailand last season when the country had a coup d'etat, a nationwide martial law and other turmoil all in 2014.

For some reason, I think Australia or Taiwan might be given another visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #613 on: July 10, 2015, 11:18:12 PM »
The route is very interesting. Beats TAR 24 any day lolol.

Prominent countries visited, INDIA IS BACK WOOT. And The Hague?? I hope they go to the moses bridge which is about an hour or two drive away.

http://www.demilked.com/moses-sunken-bridge-in-netherlands/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #614 on: July 10, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »
I'm just going to go with my gut and say... China. :funny:

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #615 on: July 10, 2015, 11:42:04 PM »
I've a feeling it would be Vietnam with a switchback again from TAR3 (Boat/Bike lol) since they tried to recreate the memory from past seasons this year.

But a return to Malaysia/Cambodia wouldn't shock me either since they don't really have much choices with Asia right now. And I doubt they'll do Burma/Laos since if they wanna do, I think they'll do them instead of Thailand 1-2 last season.

Btw, this route overall. <333333 I love the fact that we only had 2  2-legs-in-the-same-country! When was the last time we get this? 17? WHICH IS 10 SEASONS AGO!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:45:16 PM by Keepcopz »

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #616 on: July 10, 2015, 11:46:56 PM »
"What about Maldives?" -  TAR456
that's a good choice...! BUT...
I think there's not a possibility on that... maybe it should be part of later seasons...
I am ready for China's return with one leg... so that position will be 5 continents, 10 countries...
Hope there's a chance to visit Macau or Hong Kong. but it's most likely to be Beijing. If NOT, then that's a surprise we have to see another new asian country... UNLESS IF Phil and the CBS would not do a plan for the other side; Australia and New Zealand.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #617 on: July 11, 2015, 12:05:56 AM »
I think Maldives as penultimate will force them to made an awkward jump back to USA. So it's pretty unlikely to me. And I think Maldives would work better with lot of teams like French Polynesia from 22.  :hoot:

Australia/NZ is highly unlikely since I think it'll take too long to jump from India to Oceania then jump back to USA again. Which will exceed the 21 days planning. Unless they're gonna use Hawaii as Finale.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #618 on: July 11, 2015, 12:13:41 AM »
Just remember we're speaking of Leg 11, with leg 12 being the final leg back to the U.S. I'm pretty sure TPTB want to avoid any more connecting flights than they can avoid to get back to the U.S., and most of the suggestions entail connecting flights through areas being affected by the cyclone now reaching Shanghai, and Tokyo. I hear that the Bali airport has just reopened after days of volcanic ash; but on the other hand, that still means there is volcanic ash in the atmosphere that could affect trans-Pacific flights.

Simplicity might suggest Beijing (ala TAR 1) if there's a great circle route available that avoids Narita and Shanghai, a great circle route also presents the possibility of more than just the west coast of the US as a final destination city. But it is really hard to say what comes next.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #619 on: July 11, 2015, 12:19:44 AM »
The best argument I can make for Beijing at this point is that it would be a throwback to TAR 1, and is along the way of a great circle route back to the U.S. for the final leg. (And they have a brand new international airport that may allow production to avoid a departure through Shanghai or Narita (Tokyo). But the weather and volcanic ash situations in the western Pacific are a pain to sort out.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #620 on: July 11, 2015, 12:43:21 AM »
Btw, this route overall. <333333 I love the fact that we only had 2  2-legs-in-the-same-country! When was the last time we get this? 17? WHICH IS 10 SEASONS AGO!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :conf: :conf: :conf:
That's why I love the route this season! :luvya:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #621 on: July 11, 2015, 03:04:36 AM »
IF they make a jump to Australia or New Zealand for the penultimate leg then it would be the first US season to visit 6 continents since TAR 11.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: July 11, 2015, 03:16:45 AM »
I think Hong Kong (my city) will be visited as Leg 11
Speaking of flight connection, Hong Kong Airport has direct flight (or flights that stop at Taipei/ Beijing / Seoul / Western North America) that will arrive at West Coast of US at early morning on 13/7 or 14/7
This will make perfect for a final leg run at Western US cities (e.g Seattle) on 13/7 or 14/7 (US time)

I will keep a keen eye when I am going to the city centre tomorrow (12/7)  :cheer:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:27:56 AM by cbacbacba1 »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #623 on: July 11, 2015, 03:45:08 AM »
And they are the same cities from TAR 1, legs 7 and 8. So I'm not complaining.

In addition to the tropical cyclones in the Western Pacific headed towards different areas of China, we now have an active volcano in Indonesia that is affecting airline traffic, including Bali. It's going to be interesting to see where in fact the Race goes to after India.
Will it be Hong Kong?
As I have watched the weather forecast,the weather is pretty good until next thursday

Ruling out the volcanic eruption in indonesia,MERS in South Korea and the tropical cyclone hit Shanghai,Taiwan,Japan

Thailand is suffered from drought

It leaves out Vietnam,Southern and Middle part of China,Laos,Malaysia,Singapore

Hong Kong still remain the highest possibility

i seriously think (+hope :conf: ) they will visit Hong Kong this season ( so that i may be able to spot and offer help  :hearts: )
Really, Hong Kong is a good choice as a penultimate leg because of the wide-range of choices of flights for them to fly back the USA for the final leg

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #624 on: July 11, 2015, 06:59:17 AM »
canada or jamaica would be a perfect place to be a penultimate leg...

Taiwan has big possibilty since they had no problem with that country... Hongkong? maybe...
what might have been