Author Topic: EP5:' We're Getting out of the Country Girls '  (Read 41012 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP5:' We're Getting out of the Country Girls '
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2005, 10:18:32 PM »
Well I give. I have a headache now. Guess we'll have to wait 21+ hours to find out.  *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2005, 10:48:22 PM »
I have nothing ...

" I always wanted to go birdwatching"

Weavers Cheer ( Blurred to get the bench ) Same area ? they cheer because they finished the detour?

Long pants

Now its hot

Moms hairs up ..all fresh

Now its tied back..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:53:55 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2005, 11:23:57 PM »
Hey supsandalee, never mind, I just noticed both sets of locks look like this.

Pedro Miguel Locks or Miraflores

Nothing new here.   |(

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 11:39:33 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2005, 08:30:06 AM »

Who is at bat?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2005, 08:35:29 AM »
Puddin, this is the shot that I used to get th etime estimate of 11:30.

Now I finally noticed that it is not Sharon.   |(

Of the three, it looks like the Bransens are first, Weavers second, Godlewskis last.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2005, 09:35:08 AM »
Here is a route that teams could take in the boats from the Gamboa docks to Barro Colorado.

It's 10.3 miles long.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2005, 10:02:44 AM »
At the end of the roadblock, they must find a white van with driver and direct him to the Smithsonian Instition's dock near Gamboa about 40 minutes across the peninsula. Here the teams face a DETOUR (1)they must take boat across the river/canal to the Isle Barro Colorado and do somekind of bird watch - find a certain number of birds (fake) mark them on their chart and when finished get the directions to the pits stop - perhaps back on the mainland at the Gamboa Resort Hotel. or (2) they must go into town and find a local dance hall and find a praticular dancer doing the hootchy cootchy. And then to the pit stop.

Well you asked for input. Everything looks good. I do think perhaps that the dance hall might be just a place to pick up the clue to go to the Smithsonian's dock near Gamboa and that everyone gets on a boat to head to Barro Colorado. Maybe they are just showing us one of the detours and the other one is also on the island? Birdwatching or ?? Then the pitstop would be there.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2005, 10:10:46 AM »
First things first:

Absolutely no mention of any castoff family on tomorrows show on today's TES. In fact, during the entire two-hours telecast not one single mention or promo for tonight's episode.  Strange.

Can we determine on which side of the railroad tracks the Linz and Godlewski families are walking? If the road they are on is between the railroad and the canal then they are walking east toward an early morning sun; if they the railroad track is between them and the canal then they would be walking more or less west into the late afternoon sun.  From what I can figure out the railroad runs from Panama City to Balboa on the southern side of the canal. And could this be the "gravel road" which leads from where the van left them on the main road and they are walking to the boat dock?

The local dance palace could very well be a route marker clue. Perhaps after the baseball ROADBLOCK they head to the dance hall ( a la the Tango Palace in Argentina) to get the clue which will take them to the boat dock for STRI in Gamboa.

The Paolos could have received a similar clue after the FF and therefore are also on a boat to STRI but to the pitstop instead of the DETOUR.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2005, 10:24:01 AM »
The local dance palace could very well be a route marker clue. Perhaps after the baseball ROADBLOCK they head to the dance hall ( a la the Tango Palace in Argentina) to get the clue which will take them to the boat dock for STRI in Gamboa.

The Paolos could have received a similar clue after the FF and therefore are also on a boat to STRI but to the pitstop instead of the DETOUR.

Exactly what I was thinking. If there is indeed a boat to the right of the Paolos it could be a) production team or b) the Bransens. The Bransens would have been doing their roadblock at the same time the Paolos were doing the FF.

Now I'm thinking the Weavers are jumping for joy because they thought they were in last place and found out otherwise. They traveled over with the Linzs and Godlewskis by boat and maybe saw them complete the detour or they took too long.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2005, 10:46:46 AM »
Now I'm thinking the Weavers are jumping for joy because they thought they were in last place and found out otherwise. They traveled over with the Linzs and Godlewskis by boat and maybe saw them complete the detour or they took too long.
Either they finished last and were told it was an NEL or they finished second which would be good for them , I don't know that they would be cheering like that if they were going to get mugged or a time penalty of some sort , or could it be that Phil told them no mugging ,I can't figure the Weavers out  *(^
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 11:03:21 AM by puddin »

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2005, 10:57:17 AM »
Thanks I got it to work. So it's about 2 miles from the Miraflores Visitors Center to the dock that looks it may have water taxis. One mile of it is straight down those tracks. If they had to wait a while for a bus they might take off walking. And if you had 2 miles to walk you probably would just walk it and not run. They would be walking to the southeast. Does the shot look like they could be walking southeast?

I know it's pure speculation but we seem to have alot of speculation this episode.

I don't know if this will help, but this is a pretty accurate description of how to get to the STRI docks:

http://www.stri.org/english/site_tools/help/index.php

How do I get to the Gamboa Dock to take the boat to Barro Colorado?

Drive along the Gaillard Highway passing Albrook and Clayton on your right and the Miraflores locks on your left.
Continue past the Pedro Miguel locks, past the community of Paraiso, past the Summit Golf Club and go under a small railroad bridge inscribed 1929.
Immediately after the underpass, turn left on to Gamboa Road.
Pass the entrance to the Summit Botanical Garden on your right.
After approximately 11 kilometers you will arrive at a single-lane bridge that crosses the river to Gamboa.
To STRI dock (follow the signs from the Gamboa bridge): After crossing the bridge, continue straight. Pass the former gas station and the ACP dock (Dredging Division) on your left, and the Gamboa Post Office and the colorful Santa Cruz houses on your right. Before this road turns to the right, take the sand road to the left to the STRI dock.
The road trip to the Gamboa docks takes about 40-45 minutes (without traffic jams). You can follow the Gamboa (Rainforest Resort) signs.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2005, 11:03:20 AM »
This is plain speculation.

How about if the problem in Belize involves a current team, that went Thu Belize to Panama, and somehow got stranded in Belize and could not get to Panama, until one or two days later.  Maybe the flight that was suppose to take them to Panama did not arrive until the next day and they did not have another possible route. That could count for the missing days we have in between New Orleans and the Team sightings in Panama on the 16 or 17 of July. :]    {|

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2005, 02:16:33 PM »
I know I started a lot of speculation about the 11th team and trouble in Belize, but I am starting to have my doubts. I think that the producers may be giving teams more frequent 36-hour rest periods (never announced as such of course) because of the young, tender age of some of the racers. If this is the case in New Orleans, it would account for that missing day and teams would be leaving in the early morning of July 15th, arrive in Panama in the late evening of the 15th and be ready and raring to go early on the morning of the 16th. 

With most of the tag numbers accounted for we are only faced with the strange fact that there always were one more than enough vehicles, boats, logs, carriages, SUV's than were needed for the number of teams still in the race. This is strange.

Now I think that teams were in Belize for sequestered vacation.  Belize (according to my son who is an avid scuba diver) is a great vacation place, not as crowded as CanCun or Cozemel but great diving, great beaches, fantastic reefs to explore, all kinds of jungle adventures (zip lines, etc.) good food, fantastic soveigner shopping (lots of native crafts for sale cheep). So it seems like a good spot for sequestered tribes and would give the first four castoffs at least some "foreign adventure".  But with teams with young kids who get bored easily, the forced layover may have started to sour and there indeed may have been trouble brewing in paradise. So the rumors we heard of strife in Belize may have been strife between the losers. The Schroeders may be especially upset since they were almost "home" when they got snuffed and instead of getting back into their own beds, they were shuffled off for another three weeks in a strange location.

Just guesses. But it doesn't help solve the mystery of what in the world is going on in Panama. It is getting late and I haven't had a clue on how to put everything together.

If they are taking boats from Gamboa to the Isla Barro Colorado they would be travelling in a northern direction and we see at least one boat on the water with the sun low and directly behind it. So could this mean it is mid morning? Especially on the Paolo boat the sun seems to be coming in low over the starboard railing.

And it could be that the teams camp out again either on the Isla Barro Colorado or some other island since they seem to be lugging all their camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, matts) with them in many of the shots.

Any ideas Puddin?

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »
FWIW, I think Rolly Weaver smokes the baseball roadblock, and the Weavers beat at least the Godlewskis to the pitstop (I'm think they are the team mentioned in the previews where the person doing the roadblock is annoyed by the encouragement from the other team members).

If this was already proposed by others...then I'm in agreeance! :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2005, 03:02:29 PM »
 :cheeky: You want my ideas ??
since you asked  :kuss:
just wanted to add this is a Wild Guess ,I really don't know how it plays out 

spec ,in a nutshell

the teams arrive in Panama City , they find their way to one of the locks for a clue ?

They make their way along the tracks near the Canal

climb some stairs near the canals..location unknown but we do see muddy waters in the background...some sort of visitors center, lighthouse ??

clue takes them to the docks/ boats ..head to STRI , Barro Colorado Nature Monument in Panama
we see the Paolo's/Godlewskis/Linzes/Weavers

Somehow the Gaghans fall behind , maybe they were last to arrive from the airport?
Anyway ..as the teams land at STRI the Paolo's snag the Fast Forward , this could be why the Gaghans don't know that another team has already taken it ..,
The Fast Forward takes the Paolo's back to near the Bridge of the Americans where DJ performs the task ..Bungee ?  and are sent on there way to the Pitstop
The trip back & forth from STRI can take an hour and a half round trip

Meanwhile ... the other teams at STRI get a clue sending them to the Ballfield /Roadblock
We see the Weavers / Bransens both looking good with the Godlewski sister struggling .

then

Maybe this is where the teams grab the dingo bus whatever to take them to the town of Casco Viejo, district to find the Hoochy Coochy Punta dancers to recieve there next clue to the detour
Bird watching or unknown ??

The Bird watching is not on STRI , Barro Colorado but somewhere else ..with the pitstop around the corner ???

I'm going to guess the Weavers place second .. I think mom has 2 fingers up ? and thats why they are cheering ..I don't think they would be that excited if they were next to last ..last team being the Gaghans who " couldn't catch a break" changing buses and all ?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 04:16:44 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2005, 03:38:20 PM »
FWIW, I think Rolly Weaver smokes the baseball roadblock, and the Weavers beat at least the Godlewskis to the pitstop (I'm think they are the team mentioned in the previews where the person doing the roadblock is annoyed by the encouragement from the other team members).

If this was already proposed by others...then I'm in agreeance! :)

Same vibes rmax , my thinking ( we were posting at the same time ) is that the Weavers are second to the pitstop  :t-up: , I don't think they would be cheering if they were next to last and yeah ..Rolly looks like he can rail that ball , I'm hoping that it was the Gaghans that went for the FF and after they missed it have to travel back to complete the other tasks ..giving the Godlewskis at least a 5th place finish ?? with the Gaghans of course saved by an NEL.
Maybe the Weavers get lucky with the Birds ?? :knock:

Offline charlierose

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2005, 03:40:31 PM »
I really think the dancer thing happens the day the teams arrive in Panama.  The people of Panama really like to party and this could happen the night they arrive and tells them to go to the Panama Canal the next morning. One more thing Panama is not known for "Hoochy Coochy Punta dancers", Punta is a dance from another central american country.  People in Panama dance salsa and merengue and maybe reggeton ( I really dont know how to spell it. sorry ).  I think for security reasons they cannot have people woundering around the Canal at night. If the teams are around Panama at night it has to be around areas where full of people and tourist.  For safety reasons.

Then everything we see happens the next day, the baseball, the bungy jump, the birds, etc.  Hopefully there will be a pit stop by this time, after de bird watching.  Next episode I do not think they leave Panama, it is going to be two episodes.

One more thing.  What happens to the Gaghans during the episode. We have only established that the went to the FF and lost it to the Paolos, But what happen to them after that.  Just wondering. :] {| :tada:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 03:43:49 PM by charlierose »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2005, 07:28:04 PM »
Quickly now we have:

Departure from New Orleans after 36 hour Pit Stop between 1 and 2AM; travel to New Orleans Airport and find planes to Panama City, Panama

Flights leave around noon and arrive in Panama City the evening of July 15.

Find dance hall and a particular dancer; get clue to travel to Visitors Center at Miraflores Locks. Wait overnight for openig time 7:00AM(?)
Fast Forward: Bungee Jumping (Paolos) who take bus to the wharf site and high cranes.  Gaghans also try for FF but get beat out by Paolos.

Rest of teams go to Little League Champions field in Panama City.  ROADBLOCK. One team member has to get hit off pitcher. Teams must take turns at bat.  After completing task get clue to find STRI dock in Gamboa. Teams take special white vans to get there.

Paolos get clue to proceed directly to pitstop which is on an island perhaps the same as STRI, Isla Barro Colorado and are in the boat at the same time as the others.

Van lets teams off on the main road and they have to haul their gear down the dirt road to the dock area.  Teans race across the lake to the island for DETOUR TASKS. One task is to find and identify a number of birds (fake) in the jungle.  NO IDEA WHAT THE OTHER TASK MIGHT BE.

Pitstop. NON ELIMINATION. Gaghans are last but saved for another day.  Will they have to give up their money? All their clothes except what they are wearing? Or some new punishment.

That's it in a nutshell; not too good to be sure but something to mull over for the next 32 minutes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2005, 07:43:36 PM »
 |#' WhhooHooo Gman!!!

News : Spoiler ..Godlewskis get MUGGED by Phil  {l{ , not the Gaghans as we predicted

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2005, 07:47:10 PM »
Find dance hall and a particular dancer; get clue to travel to Visitors Center at Miraflores Locks. Wait overnight for openig time 7:00AM(?)
Fast Forward: Bungee Jumping (Paolos) who take bus to the wharf site and high cranes.  Gaghans also try for FF but get beat out by Paolos.

According their website the Miraflores Lock Visitors Center opens at 9 a.m. Maybe they opened early for TAR. That's why I was kind of wondering about the 8:30 a.m. sun time on the Paolos bungee thingy.

Offline charlierose

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2005, 09:19:53 PM »
I was so wrong with my order. Sorry about that.

And who would have guessed that the title of the episode was said by one of the Linz boys.

Cannot wait for next week. {**} :]

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2005, 09:24:33 PM »
I was so wrong with my order. Sorry about that.

And who would have guessed that the title of the episode was said by one of the Linz boys.

Cannot wait for next week. {**} :]

Hey nothing to be sorry about. Guesswork and speculation is what it's all about. If we had all the answers we would be making some big bets in Vegas!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2005, 09:31:14 PM »
We did GREAT guys !! Don't be so hard on yourself charlierose .. we need input  |#'

Offline charlierose

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2005, 09:37:19 PM »
Did anyone else notice that the American and Continental counters had a yellow and white flag on it.  Can this mean that the teams could only fly on these two airlines?? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2005, 01:22:12 AM »
by Dr W C Minor  ^/^
Not a chop, just Demon Seed taking her mom out.