Author Topic: TAR36: Ep 6: "Our Alliance Strikes Again" (4/17/2024)  (Read 4339 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR36: Ep 6: "Our Alliance Strikes Again" (4/17/2024)
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2024, 04:36:16 PM »
You were right, Bookworm. The soccer task is a Roadblock.

Thanks! And I'll return the favor:
I was talking with Jjw26 about this. Plaza San Martín is located in front of the Cathedral of Córdoba. And the image of the cameras is right next to a giant sign saying "AmoCBA" (what means I love Córdoba). I was joking with him that the game designer in me screams a possible Pit Stop location.

Looks like your hunch was right; it seems the Cathedral is the Pit Stop based on the press photo of Phil standing in front of it.

Good to know that my instinct - for once - wasn't wrong.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2024, 05:02:49 PM »
In this pic, Juan & Shane are on the Plaza del Bicentenario of the city of Córdoba.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2024, 05:07:01 PM »
In this pic, Juan & Shane are on the Plaza del Bicentenario of the city of Córdoba.

This is right in front of this:

Plaza España.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2024, 05:14:42 PM »
Bringing this from the Live Sightings:

Just bumped into this on my cellphone:

https://www.cadena3.com/noticia/radioinforme-3/demoras-en-el-transito-de-cordoba-por-la-filmacion-de-un-reality-internacional_341245

It's a audio report telling that there could be some delays on the transit of the city because of the recording of an international reality.

The important data is that adds new locations to the ones we know, the Colón Ave. close to the intersection with Rivadavia street, the Parque Sarmiento and the Plaza San Martín.

Plaza del Bicentenario and Parque Sarmiento are separated by one street.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2024, 05:17:27 PM »
Also is located at 8 minutes by car from the soccer Roadblock location.

Offline angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2024, 07:44:46 PM »
it seems like angie did both of the rb?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2024, 08:19:24 PM »
it seems like angie did both of the rb?

Would make sense, Danny has already done 4 out of 5 so far

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2024, 08:31:48 AM »
Caps 39 to 42 are from the Plaza Vélez Sarsfield.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2024, 10:30:50 AM »
About the meat task, it looks like is performed in a meat processing plant. The thing is - if that's the case - that there are a huge number of plants distributed in the city, so it could be any of them.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2024, 12:06:35 PM »
Caps 2 to 4, as Xoruz posted in the Live Sightings, corespond to the departing point in La Cañada.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2024, 01:06:46 PM »
Something I've just noticed: in this picture at Plaza del Bicentenario, Derek & Shelisa apparently have a Detour clue in their hands.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2024, 01:29:38 PM »
Something I've just noticed: in this picture at Plaza del Bicentenario, Derek & Shelisa apparently have a Detour clue in their hands.
Likely teams are choosing between either the recycling bikes or forensics.

I think the first half of the Mega Leg takes place in downtown Córdoba, with the aforementioned Detour and the stadium Roadblock, before teams drive outside the city for the rally cars and meat/bolas Detour.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2024, 04:16:49 PM »
Agree.

In fact make sense with the lack of info/pics besides those in the city.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2024, 07:53:17 PM »
Ricky & Cesar are picking their car in front of the Palacio 6 de Julio, the city's Town Council.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2024, 07:40:56 AM »
Ricky & Cesar are picking their car in front of the Palacio 6 de Julio, the city's Town Council.

Forgot to mention it, this is one block distance from the departing point.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2024, 08:12:45 AM »
About the finger tips side task. There's an institution that offers as part of the different careers to study there the Criminology one, with a specialization in finger tips. It's the ISCET.

I know, is a wild guess, but it would be a perfect choice where to do it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2024, 10:48:51 AM »
I start to wonder if for the gaucho themed challenge they have used the same location from the RB and Detour of TARLA, in the area of San Pedro Viejo/San Pedro Norte.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2024, 01:34:41 PM »
The Amazing Race - Our Alliance Strikes Again (Sneak Peek 1)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/72eXpO8U5-E" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/72eXpO8U5-E</a>

The Amazing Race - Our Alliance Strikes Again (Sneak Peek 2)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BE1X8KW-BQ0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BE1X8KW-BQ0</a>

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2024, 05:15:41 PM »
Fom the sneak peeks we can confirm some things.

Plaza del Bicentenario is the Detour Decision Point for the first part of the megaleg.

The rally task is indeed performed at the Circuito Lobo Race in Villa Esquiú, in the outskirts of Córdoba.
Also that the task includes a puzzle where they have to assemble pieces of the track in the correct order.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2024, 07:10:07 AM »
Looking to the press pics I have a certain idea of what the tasks showed on them are:

This task could be related somehow to the work of Juan Vucetich, the Argentine criminologist who improved the system of identification by finger prints in the first years of the 20th century, the same that is currently used around the world.

In all these pics, the teams apparently need to match the meat cuts with the names given to them in Argentina.

Got a bigger copy of the press pics and I was right about the meat task:

You can see the names on Spanish of the different cuts inside the cow's draw.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2024, 03:15:24 PM »
Sneak Peek posted on Facebook: Derek and Shelisa doing the gaucho task and deciding to switch Detours.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2024, 08:03:25 AM »
Time to wrap things up from this leg:

About the meat task, it looks like is performed in a meat processing plant. The thing is - if that's the case - that there are a huge number of plants distributed in the city, so it could be any of them.

The meat processing plant from "What's your beef" was placed in the General Paz neighborhood.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2024, 08:46:23 AM »
I'm almost sure that the "Boleadoras" detour was performed in a section of the Parque Sarmiento.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:24:04 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2024, 10:34:06 AM »
View from the opposite side:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2024, 07:44:15 AM »
Some interesting facts:

Teams traveled around 60 kms. during this leg, crossing the city at least three times in different directions.

The Parque Sarmiento area acted as a pivotal point of the leg: we had there the first Detour Decision point (Plaza del Bicentenario), the Detour option "Boleadoras" and the second Detour Decision point, in the Mirador del Coniferal.

The meat cuts the teams have to match in "What's your beef" were:

Asado
Bife Ancho
Bife Angosto
Colita de cuadril
Cuadril
Entraña
Lomo
Marucha
Matambre
Ojo de bife
Peceto
Tapa de nalga
Tapa de asado
Vacío