Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 46736 times)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #450 on: January 02, 2022, 05:23:44 AM »
Dunno how this got missed, but it's clear now why Sam & Connie didn't return:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article256675157.html

Shortly after filming stopped, the couple got a big surprise: Connie got pregnant. The couple is expecting a boy, to be named Elijah Rock, just in time for Christmas.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #451 on: January 02, 2022, 05:39:30 AM »

Shortly after filming stopped, the couple got a big surprise: Connie got pregnant. The couple is expecting a boy, to be named Elijah Rock, just in time for Christmas.

Connie has also since given birth on December 20, 2021. Congratulations to the couple!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXtScwnAMOe/

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #452 on: January 02, 2022, 05:57:41 AM »
Also, based off local news, hard confirmation that Dusty & Ryan returned in the 2021 legs.

In February 2020, the team and 10 others set off to London as shooting for the show began. Shortly thereafter, as COVID-19 began to spread globally, they were sent back home. It wasn’t until September 2021 that filming could resume.

After monumental life shifts, Harris and Ferguson got the call to continue the show. Finally, in the first week of 2022, the world will get to see the story.

Source: https://www.postindependent.com/news/glenwood-springs-resident-to-appear-on-upcoming-season-of-the-amazing-race-with-best-friend/

There is also an in-depth article about Raquel & Cayla (that mentions something about "a 19 month journey and time spent in COVID downtime") but it is paywalled. Maybe someone here can report it back.

Article: https://news.gulfbreezenews.com/articles/she-is-on-amazing-race/

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #453 on: January 02, 2022, 08:05:54 AM »
We know 11th place team are singing cops.

Then there are 3 teams highly rumored not being back for 2021 filming - Connie & Sam, Anthony & Spencer and Ray & Caro.

Connie & Sam got pregnant before 2021 filming so they obviously could not return. Apparently some medical problems occurred in team of Anthony & Spencer which could prevent them to return as well. Yeah, there is a chance that one of these two teams could get eliminated at 10th place in 2020...

But more than likely I think this pointing out to Ray & Caro being our 10th place team eliminated in 3rd leg in 2020. They broke up and all, but it's not like they are hating each other. (They filmed Ex on the beach for MTV between two filmings.) Unless they have some special contract with MTV I really do not see a reason why would they not return for 2021 filming considering they are unemployed influencers/RTV personalities/famewhores.

So I think Ray & Caro get eliminated at 10th place and Connie & Sam and Anthony & Spencer did not return because of circumstances mentioned.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #454 on: January 02, 2022, 08:53:53 AM »
This is just speculation but, I read that Ray and Caro wanted to come back but she had problems with her visas because she lived in Scandinavia now?

Anyway, I guess we will see who can't come soon enough.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #455 on: January 02, 2022, 12:12:19 PM »

Connie has also since given birth on December 20, 2021. Congratulations to the couple!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXtScwnAMOe/

Great pick up! And darling baby!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chja87

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #456 on: January 02, 2022, 02:49:06 PM »
Did we ever figure out what was up with the Michael and Moe Instagram post from September? The one that said they were going to LA for an exciting opportunity? Since we are pretty sure they're first boots, obviously they aren't coming back, but I don't think we ever figured out why they posted that.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #457 on: January 02, 2022, 06:05:57 PM »
Did we ever figure out what was up with the Michael and Moe Instagram post from September? The one that said they were going to LA for an exciting opportunity? Since we are pretty sure they're first boots, obviously they aren't coming back, but I don't think we ever figured out why they posted that.

They had the idea for a stowaway team but figured the fan backlash might not be worth it?

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #458 on: January 05, 2022, 09:04:32 PM »
So based on next weeks preview, we can see the 9 surviving teams being told that the race is suspended.
I think the only 3 teams I didn't see are Taylor & Isaiah/Arun & Natalia and Raquel & Cayla.
We know the girls survived, so either the Newlyweds or Father/Daughter are out!

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #459 on: January 05, 2022, 09:48:03 PM »
I think the only 3 teams I didn't see are Taylor & Isaiah/Arun & Natalia and Raquel & Cayla.
We know the girls survived, so either the Newlyweds or Father/Daughter are out!
Really?  Whom did you see?  I watched via streaming, so I can't go back and check again.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #460 on: January 05, 2022, 10:11:32 PM »
So - this is super weird. I thought Bertram told us that he was in Sweden preparing the fourth leg when he called back to Scotland and suspended?

Yet in the preview , he can be seen next to Phil at the Cloisters in Glasgow with all the teams gathering, and we see Phil giving his speech there that it has been suspended. Cue shots of Caro & Ray and Connie & Sam (one of whom we thought would be eliminated).

Unless they are playing a trick on us with this, it does look likely that Arun & Natalia are eliminated next leg. Did we ever confirm if they had returned? So weird as Bert definitely said he was in Sweden...but the zoom in shot at 00:17 of the preview shows Bert there, and the chat shortly after...

Sighted from left to right:
Akbar & Sheri
Lulu & Lala
Kim & Penn
Caro & Ray
(this looks to be Taylor & Isaiah, as a shot of Connie & Sam shows a man in a blue jacket, which is definitely not Natalia).
Connie & Sam
Raquel & Cayla
Anthony & Spencer
Ryan & Dusty

Which means Arun & Natalia would be out? But we had them down as one of the F7 returning...strange! We will see next week!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 10:53:42 PM by georgiapeach »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #461 on: January 05, 2022, 10:19:47 PM »
So - this is super weird. I thought Bertram told us that he was in Sweden preparing the fourth leg when he called back to Scotland and suspended?

Yet in the preview (up on YT if you want to look), he can be seen next to Phil at the Cloisters in Glasgow with all the teams gathering, and we see Phil giving his speech there that it has been suspended. Cue shots of Caro & Ray and Connie & Sam (one of whom we thought would be eliminated).

Unless they are playing a trick on us with this, it does look likely that Arun & Natalia are eliminated next leg. Did we ever confirm if they had returned? So weird as Bert definitely said he was in Sweden...but the zoom in shot at 00:17 of the preview (check Varsha Shen YT) shows Bert there, and the chat shortly after...

Akbar & Sheri
Lulu & Lala
Kim & Penn
Caro & Ray
(this looks to be Taylor & Isaiah, as a shot of Connie & Sam shows a man in a blue jacket, which is definitely not Natalia).
Connie & Sam
Raquel & Cayla
Anthony & Spencer
Ryan & Dusty

Which means Arun & Natalia would be out? But we had them down as one of the F7 returning...strange! We will see next week!

I think it is entirely possible production flew back to Glasgow before telling the teams. (Production might have been looking for some alternate if options from Lapland had been foreclosed that might still be possible from Glasgow before concluding all options were foreclosed.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #462 on: January 05, 2022, 10:23:53 PM »
@kiwi Jay Maybe they did pull a sort of TAR Australia thing. A team quit on a planned non-elimination, so they brought back an eliminated team to compensate. It's the most logical solution I can think of if 2 teams couldn't return in 2021

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2022, 10:38:23 PM »

I think it is entirely possible production flew back to Glasgow before telling the teams. (Production might have been looking for some alternate if options from Lapland had been foreclosed that might still be possible from Glasgow before concluding all options were foreclosed.)

Totally agree that flying back was possible..
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #464 on: January 05, 2022, 10:39:06 PM »
Yeah if you watch the preview you can see nine teams lined up during Phil's production shutdown speech. The only team clearly not there is Arun and Natalia. :( Pretty surprised to see them out?

I do wonder then what if more than two teams dropped out during the time jump? At this point, we're very certain that Caro/Ray and Connie/Sam drop out. But maybe one or two more teams did too? So maybe to make up for it, they brought back Michael/Moe and Arun/Natalia?

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2022, 12:10:38 AM »

Yet in the preview , he can be seen next to Phil at the Cloisters in Glasgow with all the teams gathering, and we see Phil giving his speech there that it has been suspended. Cue shots of Caro & Ray and Connie & Sam (one of whom we thought would be eliminated).

Unless they are playing a trick on us with this, it does look likely that Arun & Natalia are eliminated next leg. Did we ever confirm if they had returned? So weird as Bert definitely said he was in Sweden...but the zoom in shot at 00:17 of the preview shows Bert there, and the chat shortly after...

Akbar & Sheri
Lulu & Lala
Kim & Penn
Caro & Ray
Connie & Sam
Raquel & Cayla
Anthony & Spencer
Ryan & Dusty

This may be the reverse finish order for the next leg.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2022, 01:41:29 AM »
If the Kumars did get booted before the restart, then both Train Boys were healthy enough to make it back last autumn after all.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #467 on: January 06, 2022, 01:55:32 AM »
If Arun and Natalia actually get eliminated in leg 3 and then don't return for the Restart I'll be very surprised.

At this point my personal speculation is they do get eliminated, but then come back for the Restart along with Michael and Moe.

Exit interviews by the press from the eliminated teams is being held back until after the airing of the fourth episode, which is the Restart episode. So it makes sense that CBS is making the press wait until then because the eliminated teams came back to the race to replace the dropped out teams. Elise was hinting towards something in interviews how two teams were eliminated pre-shutdown, two teams then dropped out, leaving seven. But she said production came up with a way to solve this problem without adding more non-eliminations. Obviously she wouldn't outright spoil that "solution" to the problem, but just bringing back the two eliminated teams seems like an easy solution, at least that's what I'm leaning towards imo. It also lines up by if 7 teams return + 2 of the eliminated teams = 9. Race to the final 3 with no non-elims is 10 legs, which is what the schedule for the rest of the season is, according to futoncritic.com.

Just my opinion!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 02:02:12 AM by OMGitsGARRET »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #468 on: January 06, 2022, 06:32:58 AM »
Michael & Moe and Arun & Natalia return for 2021 filming for sure, there is proof for that. It was posted here yesterday but it got deleted then because of forum policy reasons I guess. But yeah, they returned.

Also do we have F4 as it was rumored? Because there are certain things which pointing out we can have F4 twist like TAR25/26 this season.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #469 on: January 06, 2022, 06:43:47 AM »
Michael & Moe and Arun & Natalia return for 2021 filming for sure, there is proof for that. It was posted here yesterday but it got deleted then because of forum policy reasons I guess. But yeah, they returned.

Also do we have F4 as it was rumored? Because there are certain things which pointing out we can have F4 twist like TAR25/26 this season.
Gamer provided a picture that showed 5 teams, including Michael and Moe, at the Finish Line. The others were Arun & Natalia, Taylor & Isaiah, and Lulu & Lala, indicating that they all returned for 2021 filming. Of course, like Michael & Moe, one of the teams may have returned for the express purpose of appearing at the Finish Line. Of the six teams not pictures, three were our final three, and the other three did not return for filming.

It seems odd to me that two eliminated teams returned while three teams failed to return for filming. I want to take Elise's interview as truth, but the previews at the end of last leg that showed Connie & Sam, then Spencer & Anthony, and finally Ray & Caro suggests that they all survived Leg 3. However, I'm not ruling out the possibility that they gathered all ten teams in Glasgow, especially if they wanted everyone to fly together via LHR. After all, if Bertram had to fly back from Lapland, who knows what other delays the production team incurred after Glasgow? The eliminated team may very well have been sequestered out of necessity.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #470 on: January 06, 2022, 06:57:08 AM »
It's seemed like 5 teams at the photo are teams eliminated in 2021 and then there were (supposedly) 4 teams missing which run the final leg at the time photo was taken. There was that rumor about F4 twist happening this season so I think it can be true after all?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #471 on: January 06, 2022, 07:56:11 AM »
Yeah if you watch the preview you can see nine teams lined up during Phil's production shutdown speech. The only team clearly not there is Arun and Natalia. :( Pretty surprised to see them out?

Having been burned before, I  have learned to never accept "not seen" as "not there".

Y'all are great at detecting and could very well be correct.

But just keep it in mind as a possibility.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #473 on: January 06, 2022, 08:06:30 AM »
I haven't been following the boot spoilers but unless its a misdirect, in the recent Detroit News article that came out, Natalia and Arun mentioned what it was like self driving and not being able to talk to locals because of the Covid restrictions.

Nvm, misread the article.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:13:51 AM by redwings8831 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #474 on: January 06, 2022, 08:14:48 AM »

Apparently some medical problems occurred in team of Anthony & Spencer which could prevent them to return as well.

Shown WHERE please? LINK to firm evidence?
Look guys I am medical. Injuries can and do heal. A FORMER injury reoccurence has NOT been documented in any way (that I know about) to have been reoccuring or an issue here. UNLESS someone can show FIRM proof of the injury reoccuring let drop this. Unless/until I see evidence of this it is presumed to BE INCORRECT. And RFF is know for accuracy not unproven info.  Please include SOURCES in all such statements and if it is SPEC then clearly say so.

Thanks! /rant
RFF's Golden Rule: