Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 44412 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #351 on: December 10, 2021, 02:57:15 PM »
Will and I will be working on the whole cast reveal all day/nighttoday. SO stay tuned!

I'll have the press pics to add as well. Going to be a slow process ....  :dance:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #352 on: December 10, 2021, 03:48:48 PM »
I knew that man I overhead in London talking about a darts challenge wasn't lying! Wonder where that factors in!

Also - I believe they are counting England and Scotland as two seperate countries. Therefore I think we are looking at:

England, Scotland, Switzerland, France, Greece, Portugal and United States (and technically Italy briefly).

So it's a big European/UK adventure, but nonetheless, I cannot wait to have the Race back!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 04:02:06 PM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #353 on: December 10, 2021, 04:35:56 PM »
Some spec (Press Express has released photos of the two-hour premiere):
-I think we missed a second London leg in the day.
-For starters, there's this Route Info with teams meeting up with Phil:

-Then there's a mail (?) Roadblock that Ryan, Penn, and Ray perform.

-There's also a cake challenge (Detour?) that Penn & Kim, Taylor & Isaiah, Raquel & Cayla, Akbar & Sheridan, and Spencer & Anthony are seen doing. Note that Ray's clothes match with the above photo.

-There's also a pub task with darts (other Detour) that Dusty & Ryan, Arun & Natalie, and Lulu & Lala are seen doing. (twins clothes match with the tea photo)

-This is also the pop a bung task that was seen in sightings.

I think it's safe to say that we had a second London day leg before we went to Glasgow and then the season got put on hold. There are absolutely no signs of Michael & Moe in that London set of tasks and we know Connie & Sam made Glasgow. The Press Express photos are also tagged as premiere.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 04:42:21 PM by gamerfan09 »

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: December 10, 2021, 04:42:12 PM »

The London Mail Rail

https://www.postalmuseum.org/visit-us/what-to-expect/mail-rail/

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: December 10, 2021, 04:44:29 PM »
Also just for the sake of hard confirmation via press release:

Both the Gonzales sisters and Penn and Kim Holderness, who had been involved with Season 33 since its pre-pandemic launch, said that there was never any doubt about returning amidst the pandemic, given their love of the show—as long as every possible step was taken to ensure their safety. “If you didn’t give us all those protocols, it would’ve been hard to return,” admitted Penn Holderness. “[But] it was safer in Europe than in our house…It was amazing.”

Lulu & Lala and Penn & Kim returned for the 2021 resumption.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: December 10, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »
If it's somehow a standard twelve-episode season, then in terms of route:

1.) London
2.) London
3.) Glasgow
4.) Zurich
5.) Lugano
6.) Corsica
7.) Corsica
8.) Thessaloniki/Chalkidiki
9.) Thessaloniki/Chalkidiki
10.) Lisbon
11.) Lisbon
12.) LA

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2021, 04:54:40 PM »

Is the bus a moving Pit Stop a la TARA 5's Singapore bumboat Pit Stop?

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2021, 05:03:48 PM »
Since all three British legs end in eliminations, the reboot really just needs to account for one less team.

Online I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2021, 05:06:36 PM »
Also just for the sake of hard confirmation via press release:

Both the Gonzales sisters and Penn and Kim Holderness, who had been involved with Season 33 since its pre-pandemic launch, said that there was never any doubt about returning amidst the pandemic, given their love of the show—as long as every possible step was taken to ensure their safety. “If you didn’t give us all those protocols, it would’ve been hard to return,” admitted Penn Holderness. “[But] it was safer in Europe than in our house…It was amazing.”

Lulu & Lala and Penn & Kim returned for the 2021 resumption.

Does this imply that these two teams were never eliminated in the pre-pandemic TAR33 as they were expecting to return?

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #360 on: December 10, 2021, 05:15:59 PM »
If the Yield can be revived after twenty seasons, then so can the Fast Forward and/or the Express Pass after just four.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: December 10, 2021, 05:30:31 PM »

-There's also a cake challenge (Detour?) that Penn & Kim, Taylor & Isaiah, Raquel & Cayla, Akbar & Sheridan, and Spencer & Anthony are seen doing. Note that Ray's clothes match with the above photo.

-There's also a pub task with darts (other Detour) that Dusty & Ryan, Arun & Natalie, and Lulu & Lala are seen doing. (twins clothes match with the tea photo)

I think it's safe to say that we had a second London day leg before we went to Glasgow and then the season got put on hold. There are absolutely no signs of Michael & Moe in that London set of tasks and we know Connie & Sam made Glasgow. The Press Express photos are also tagged as premiere.

So, if we had a 2nd London leg, then the teams that moved on to Scotland are Raquel/Cayla, Spencer/Anthony and Ryan/Dusty (pitstop pic), Connie/Sam (spotted asking for directions), and supposedly Lulu/Lala and Kim/Penn from press releases.

That means either Arun/Natalia, Akbar/Sheridan, Ray/Caro, Taylor/Isiah are in trouble. Michael and Moe should have been eliminated at this point.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: December 10, 2021, 05:35:54 PM »
Thanks be to that Greek radio account's advance leakage on Twitter for enabling the only non-finale sighting after the restart.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: December 10, 2021, 05:36:59 PM »

So, if we had a 2nd London leg, then the teams that moved on to Scotland are Raquel/Cayla, Spencer/Anthony and Ryan/Dusty (pitstop pic), Connie/Sam (spotted asking for directions), and supposedly Lulu/Lala and Kim/Penn from press releases.

That means either Arun/Natalia, Akbar/Sheridan, Ray/Caro, Taylor/Isiah are in trouble. Michael and Moe should have been eliminated at this point.

Credit to Plaidmoon for this find.

A kind man helped our Asian woman/Man team this morning:

He says:
<<Saw them on my way to work this morning around 9 in Glasgow city centre. Car was blocking traffic, and they'd asked lots of people before me about Luss.

The couple was an Asian woman and a white man. I showed them on a local map how to get out of Glasgow and out to Luss. They showed me a clue that said they needed to 'pop a bung' in Luss, which must refer to a distillery.

Quickly signed a bit of paper for my likeness and they were off!

I thought 'pop a bung' was a reference to taking a bung/cork out of a cask...>>

This would be the first task then....
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: December 10, 2021, 05:41:11 PM »
Likely no Head-to-Head again.

Online I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: December 10, 2021, 05:42:01 PM »
I am super confused now... Did 2 London legs happen in the same day with no pit stop between them?

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #366 on: December 10, 2021, 06:00:03 PM »
An Australian article basically confirming what we already know…

During COVID most shows wrapped themselves into strictly-controlled bubbles so that they could film safely.

But what do you do when your show is The Amazing Race?

Season 33 had to halt filming after just 3 legs were in the can in early 2020, sending cast and crew home and waiting some 18 months to resume.

The season will finally premiere in the USA in early January. Having left off in Glasgow, Scotland, it returns via Zurich, Switzerland with host Phil Keoghan saying, “Welcome back to The Amazing Race… before we were so rudely interrupted…”

Producers tell Variety they even chartered a 757 jet, complete with TAR logo on the side, shuttled contestants and crew from place to place without having to enter crowded airports.

“It actually opened up a whole new world for us of how to do this in a very different way, but still have the same feel and energy,” Elise Doganieri says. “It created a close race every single time that plane landed in the next city… I think you’re going really like the way the show plays out with this plane. It might be the wave of the future, but I don’t know if it’ll be affordable for a global trip.”

“I picked a route that was mostly in remote areas or small cities,” Bertram van Munster says. “We looked very carefully so we could do two or three shows in a country, which we normally don’t do. These were all handpicked areas where they had the least amount of COVID, where we had freedom to go into a lot of areas where there’s nobody there.”

“Some of the best TV we get is when these contestants self-drive,” Doganieri says. “Nothing makes these contestants more crazier than when they have to figure out how to get somewhere without a GPS device. So there will not be any taxis, there will not be any public transportation with other people. But we definitely have some buses and shuttles and different means of transportation. And we also stayed out of those places that we felt were going to be filled with people that weren’t tested. So everybody that worked on our crew, every judge, every person that you’ll see around the contestants has been tested and vaccinated. That was just part of our strict protocol rules, but it will feel and look like the Amazing Race. You really won’t feel any different from what you’re seeing.”

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/12/amazing-race-us-chartered-a-plane-to-resume-filming-safely.html

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: December 10, 2021, 08:06:07 PM »
New trailer with lots of images!!! I don't know how to put it here but here is the link:
https://twitter.com/CBS/status/1469391982254440449

Phil says
13 cities, 7 countries and more than 22 000 miles!

For the countries we know: USA/UK/Switzerland/France/Greece/Portugal, and either Italy (depending if they make that count or if it's just a shuttle) or maybe a mystery country!!!

I hope for mystery lol! But my guess is they counted England/Scotland as two.

Online Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #368 on: December 10, 2021, 08:21:28 PM »
The night leg that I witnessed (Leg 1) ended in Michael & Moe being eliminated. During the leg, I overheard a crew member at the graffiti detour (we see Kim & Penn performing it in the promo) say that there was a darts task tomorrow. I returned to the Natural History Museum the following day to see if teams had continued on but could find no trace of them. I'm now wondering if they did some interviews with teams that same evening and then set them off again for a second leg after a 'no-rest pitstop'.

About 36 hours after the end of Leg 1, I found the teams again with some canny sleuthing at a hotel in Kensington. If the second leg was completed by this point, no team had been eliminated in leg 2 as I saw all 10 remaining teams board the train from London Euston to Glasgow Central. I followed the charter bus that took them from hotel to station, and saw them all board. I also heard the teams discussing 'the roadblock' and if they had struggled. At the time, I couldn't understand as I hadn't seen a roadblock, only some active route info and a detour, but now I believe the darts task is a roadblock (we see Ryan, Arun and one of the twins completing). I think the cake task is an ARI, but could also be one half of a second leg detour. I think Phil gives teams their clues to start leg 2 on the double decker bus, or teams have to search for him on a nearby double decker from the pitstart...

So either the second leg is mostly in London, and then teams are bunched up via train to Glasgow, and set off for a final task in Luss before a pitstop at the University of Glasgow cloisters (we see 10 teams racing from the train in promo footage). Or the second leg is a non-elimination given all 10 get to Glasgow...

Hope that makes sense. Given we returned with 8 teams this year (apparently) for Leg 4, it seemed likely that all 3 legs in UK were elimination, so I lean towards the idea that the second leg sees them do a few tasks in London during the day, before training to Glasgow to finish off the second leg with the 'pop the bung' task in Luss, and travel back to Glasgow for Orain Mor route info (might be edited out) and Cloisters pitstop. All speculation...

And then a third leg in and around Glasgow city ending in elimination for January 12. Leaves us with 8 teams for the re-start (with a few eliminated teams returning to fill the space of those that could not return). Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 08:37:50 PM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: December 10, 2021, 08:49:04 PM »
I knew that man I overhead in London talking about a darts challenge wasn't lying! Wonder where that factors in!

Also - I believe they are counting England and Scotland as two seperate countries. Therefore I think we are looking at:

England, Scotland, Switzerland, France, Greece, Portugal and United States (and technically Italy briefly).

So it's a big European/UK adventure, but nonetheless, I cannot wait to have the Race back!

There are threads on Reddit hinting at a possible Israel leg.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: December 10, 2021, 09:26:56 PM »

There are threads on Reddit hinting at a possible Israel leg.

That's completely false since the entire route has been leaked by press.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 11:57:21 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: December 11, 2021, 03:53:03 AM »
I second everything that KJ said.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: December 11, 2021, 08:53:35 AM »
Half-expecting Euston Tap and/or a location from the penultimate leg of Season 31 to be reused.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #373 on: December 11, 2021, 09:12:58 AM »

Looks like darts is at Flight Club.

https://flightclubdarts.com/london/

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #374 on: December 11, 2021, 10:13:52 AM »
The objective will probably be dumbed-down from the first Face-Off of the Canadian Heroes' Edition in Winnipeg, so fewer than twenty points needed in terms of score.