Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 46194 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #375 on: December 11, 2021, 01:02:54 PM »
Not sure if this has been brought up, but it looks like the teams have to recreate flags of countries, I briefly saw Norway, France, Germany, UK, Chile, Thailand, Jamaica, Colombia and South Africa.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #376 on: December 11, 2021, 01:09:07 PM »
Not sure if this has been brought up, but it looks like the teams have to recreate flags of countries, I briefly saw Norway, France, Germany, UK, Chile, Thailand, Jamaica, Colombia and South Africa.

I noticed that as well. I believe Uzbekistan, Brazil, and Russia were the other flags being recreated.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #377 on: December 11, 2021, 01:30:45 PM »

I noticed that as well. I believe Uzbekistan, Brazil, and Russia were the other flags being recreated.

Sierra Leone instead of Uzbekistan.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2021, 02:13:22 PM »
In any case, it seems like the Swiss Roadblock from Social Media Edition converted into cakes and doable with both teammates.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2021, 07:16:25 PM »
When the race resumed, not all contestants could make their way back. Two pairs fell out, but seven teams managed to return. “Certain people had just extenuating circumstances that frustrated us and them and everybody really tried to make everything work so everybody could come back,” Doganieri says.

So what happened to the Singing Cops? We know they're out in London because they were never seen on the train heading to Glasgow as per Kiwi.

Based on the interview with Elise it also sounds like production didn't invite them back and continued on with the remaining 7 teams that could return (2 eliminated teams in the first three legs + 2 teams that didn't return for September filming + 7 remaining teams = our full cast of 11 teams).

But we know they also disappeared online with the rest of the cast the September filming... did production just hold them in LA for 3 weeks to clap at the finish line?  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #380 on: December 12, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »
The night leg that I witnessed (Leg 1) ended in Michael & Moe being eliminated. During the leg, I overheard a crew member at the graffiti detour (we see Kim & Penn performing it in the promo) say that there was a darts task tomorrow. I returned to the Natural History Museum the following day to see if teams had continued on but could find no trace of them. I'm now wondering if they did some interviews with teams that same evening and then set them off again for a second leg after a 'no-rest pitstop'.

About 36 hours after the end of Leg 1, I found the teams again with some canny sleuthing at a hotel in Kensington. If the second leg was completed by this point, no team had been eliminated in leg 2 as I saw all 10 remaining teams board the train from London Euston to Glasgow Central. I followed the charter bus that took them from hotel to station, and saw them all board. I also heard the teams discussing 'the roadblock' and if they had struggled. At the time, I couldn't understand as I hadn't seen a roadblock, only some active route info and a detour, but now I believe the darts task is a roadblock (we see Ryan, Arun and one of the twins completing). I think the cake task is an ARI, but could also be one half of a second leg detour. I think Phil gives teams their clues to start leg 2 on the double decker bus, or teams have to search for him on a nearby double decker from the pitstart...

So either the second leg is mostly in London, and then teams are bunched up via train to Glasgow, and set off for a final task in Luss before a pitstop at the University of Glasgow cloisters (we see 10 teams racing from the train in promo footage). Or the second leg is a non-elimination given all 10 get to Glasgow...

Hope that makes sense. Given we returned with 8 teams this year (apparently) for Leg 4, it seemed likely that all 3 legs in UK were elimination, so I lean towards the idea that the second leg sees them do a few tasks in London during the day, before training to Glasgow to finish off the second leg with the 'pop the bung' task in Luss, and travel back to Glasgow for Orain Mor route info (might be edited out) and Cloisters pitstop. All speculation...

And then a third leg in and around Glasgow city ending in elimination for January 12. Leaves us with 8 teams for the re-start (with a few eliminated teams returning to fill the space of those that could not return). Thoughts?

I think this is an amazing deduction and could very well be! I'd love more spec on this. Will be interesting to colmbine this with the promos and see what we can make of this. More please!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #381 on: December 12, 2021, 12:42:24 PM »
This is what Elise says about handling the non returnees.

"When “The Amazing Race 33” shut down production in February 2020 due to COVID-19, nine out of 11 teams remained. When production resumed in September in 2021, only seven pairs were able to return. Those two teams were not replaced, but the show naturally had to make adjustments to address their absences.

“I don’t want to give too much away, but we did figure out how to do it without having more non-eliminations,” co-creator and executive producer Elise Doganieri said Friday during a panel for the show at the Television Critics Association winter press tour. “We figured out how to extend a leg, things like that. We were very creative. So you will still have the same energy.”"

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/the-amazing-race-33-covid-restart-lose-teams/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #382 on: December 12, 2021, 01:22:06 PM »
This is what Elise says about handling the non returnees.

"When “The Amazing Race 33” shut down production in February 2020 due to COVID-19, nine out of 11 teams remained. When production resumed in September in 2021, only seven pairs were able to return. Those two teams were not replaced, but the show naturally had to make adjustments to address their absences.

So singing cops were either not eliminated in 2020 as speculated before or they were but never return for 2021 filming?

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2021, 01:35:20 PM »
I also think that one of the teams eliminated in 2020 was Ray & Caro. They clearly did not return for 2021 filming and Elise said in interview there were 2 teams that really wanted to return but were just not able to make it this time. Both Ray & Caro are unemployed influencers so I do not think time schedule would be problem for them. So that's why I am assuming they were already eliminated in 2020. And yeah I know that they broked up but they filmed RTV show for MTV together between these two TAR filmings so it's not likey they hate each other.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2021, 02:13:48 PM »
I also think that one of the teams eliminated in 2020 was Ray & Caro. They clearly did not return for 2021 filming and Elise said in interview there were 2 teams that really wanted to return but were just not able to make it this time. Both Ray & Caro are unemployed influencers so I do not think time schedule would be problem for them. So that's why I am assuming they were already eliminated in 2020. And yeah I know that they broked up but they filmed RTV show for MTV together between these two TAR filmings so it's not likey they hate each other.
When the race resumed, not all contestants could make their way back. Two pairs fell out, but seven teams managed to return. “Certain people had just extenuating circumstances that frustrated us and them and everybody really tried to make everything work so everybody could come back,” Doganieri says.

So what happened to the Singing Cops? We know they're out in London because they were never seen on the train heading to Glasgow as per Kiwi.

Based on the interview with Elise it also sounds like production didn't invite them back and continued on with the remaining 7 teams that could return (2 eliminated teams in the first three legs + 2 teams that didn't return for September filming + 7 remaining teams = our full cast of 11 teams).

But we know they also disappeared online with the rest of the cast the September filming... did production just hold them in LA for 3 weeks to clap at the finish line?  :funny:

Occam's Razor: Team Policeman was sequestered for the sole purpose of appearing at the finale.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2021, 03:00:37 PM »
Singing Cops Social Media Timeline

On September 13th, the Singing Cops made a video post on Instagram at an airport wearing large backpacks and saying they're going down to Hollywood for a big opportunity that's "even bigger than Ellen." People that seem to know them post about "safe travels" in the comments and TAR22 alum Katie even wishes them "good luck!":
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTwhabeFQZa/

The same day, Mike posts a video on his personal Instagram saying he's at the Buffalo Airport and going down to Hollywood:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTwk4J1jj-v/

The same day, Mike posts another video on Instagram of them being picked up by a driver at the airport in LA:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTxeRHljzV-/

After that, 8 days of silence on all social media.

Finally, on September 21st, the Singing Cops page posts the following "@thebflostore for being the official store @thesingingcops shopped at for our newest television venture. Very soon the spirit of #Buffalove will be on display for the world to see!!!!!" This may be someone running their account or it may be them: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUF2n5SJ4J2/

The next day, September 22nd, Mike returns to his personal Instagram with this post. It may be someone running the account for him or it may actually be him:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUIDK-CL8Ib/

The next day, September 23rd, Mike makes a video post on his personal Instagram that clearly shows him back home and in his own car. Could be prerecorded but doesn't seem so in my opinion:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CULcmRXjCOn/

From September 23rd and on, Mike regularly goes back to posting similar content he was posting before the 8-day break.

On October 5th, Mike posts on his personal Instagram a video saying he's catching an early morning flight to LA to finish up some business out there:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUpTCNzD8Ii/

On October 7th, the Singing Cops Instagram posts a video with them seeming to exit a hotel lobby and get into a car with the caption "The singing cops signing out , to be continued……":
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUuxj_oFxQJ/

Later that day, the Singing Cops Instagram posts a video of Mike and Moe inside of the car that picked them up from their last post and saying that whatever experience they had was "life changing" and that they can't wait to show us what's next:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUvgEldlCFF/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way I interpret all this is that they flew to LA for sequester starting on September 13th and then likely get eliminated on September 21st, so it seems like they don't last a long time.
But regardless, this CONFIRMS that they did not just fly out to LA to be held for weeks just to show up at the finale, as we can see they flew back out on October 5th for the finale and then left on October 7th.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2021, 03:31:03 PM »
Deeply strange!

I had assumed Caro & Ray were eliminated and then Connie & Sam and one of Anthony & Spencer and Akbar & Sheridan couldn't return in 2021. To combat this, I assumed they got the Singing Cops to return - making 8 teams from Switzerland. But they seem to be implying they don't return. Which is super strange, given their social media activity in September? Could it be a production ruse? Too elaborate? We know they were in Los Angeles for the finale.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2021, 05:58:46 PM »
Did anyone else notice that there was no pit stop greeter at the British Museum of Natural History? Could this mean that London was a TBC leg?

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2021, 06:22:11 PM »
Did anyone else notice that there was no pit stop greeter at the British Museum of Natural History? Could this mean that London was a TBC leg?

I was under impression that 1st leg pit stop was outside and we actually saw/heard singing cops being eliminated. But apparently it was inside and we just assumed it because they came last? lol

From 1st live sightings thread posted by Kiwi Jay:
PITSTOP
Arun & Natalya (Father/Daughter) 8:52
Connie & partner (Red team - relationship I think) 9:06
Marisa & Marianela (Twins) 9:37
Michael & Moe (Singing Cops) 9:40

The gates closed after the cops checked in. The man waiting for them to arrive went inside. So I think these teams checked in 8-11. We shall see whether the cops are eliminated or survive.

PITSTOP was inside the Natural History Museum. The outside was lit up in blue and the pitstop was in the great lobby of the museum, with the iconic massive dinosaur skeleton above their heads.

So yeah, everything is pointing out that cops got saved by TBC in the 1st leg and were never eliminated in 2020 as was originally spoiled. So their return does make sense now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #389 on: December 12, 2021, 06:23:40 PM »
Or Caro and Ray chose not to return.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2021, 06:35:06 PM »

Elise said in interview that both missing teams wanted to return but couldn't due to circumstances.

But interesting is that Ray seem gratefull and excited for TAR33 while Caro with her 554K followers didn't even aknowledge she is on, lol.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #391 on: December 12, 2021, 07:10:11 PM »

Elise said in interview that both missing teams wanted to return but couldn't due to circumstances.

But interesting is that Ray seem gratefull and excited for TAR33 while Caro with her 554K followers didn't even aknowledge she is on, lol.

She did on Twitter.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2021, 07:14:36 PM »

Caro posted an Instagram story about being cast the day it was revealed. She and Ray have also been commenting on other cast members posts'.

This is 100% unconfirmed but I've heard speculation from Vevmo (website that spoils MTV shows like The Challenge and Ex on the Beach that Caro/Ray filmed also) that apparently Ray and Caro did want to return filming for TAR33... but Caro had some issue with her Visa because she's from Sweden. They tried to work it out but they couldn't get the issue fixed in time for when they were scheduled to return to filming so they had to drop out. Again, this is purely speculation, but that's what I've heard.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #393 on: December 13, 2021, 12:16:04 AM »
Based on Spencer Stone’s medical issues after the 2015 train incident, I’m wondering if he and Anthony might have been a team that was unable to return. This is pure speculation, but there are some things to be noted.
What many people aren’t aware of is that in 2016, Spencer was the victim of a serious knifing attack in Portland, Oregon,  suffering serious body injuries, including his heart, that required emergency heart surgery. He eventually recovered from the injuries and the surgery.
During the period while production of TAR 33 was suspended, he was summoned back to France to testify as a witness in the trial of the terrorist on the train and the terrorist’s accomplices. While waiting to be called as he witness, he was hospitalized with a serious medical issue of some kind, and wasn’t able to actually give testimony. I’ve seen no information whether his health had been compromised from the 2016 attack, or any other explanation for the 2020 hospitalization in Paris, but it is something to consider with his possible overall health in 2020 and the status of the pandemic in different U.S.states at the time production resumed.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #394 on: December 13, 2021, 12:35:38 AM »

I was under impression that 1st leg pit stop was outside and we actually saw/heard singing cops being eliminated. But apparently it was inside and we just assumed it because they came last? lol

PITSTOP

The gates closed after the cops checked in. The man waiting for them to arrive went inside. So I think these teams checked in 8-11. We shall see whether the cops are eliminated or survive.

PITSTOP was inside the Natural History Museum. The outside was lit up in blue and the pitstop was in the great lobby of the museum, with the iconic massive dinosaur skeleton above their heads.

So yeah, everything is pointing out that cops got saved by TBC in the 1st leg and were never eliminated in 2020 as was originally spoiled. So their return does make sense now.

I followed the 10 teams as they departed London and boarded a train to Glasgow on the overnight sleeper in February 2020. The Cops were nowhere to be seen. It's 99.9% likely they were eliminated in the first leg.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: December 13, 2021, 12:50:36 AM »
Good point, TheSchnauzers. Someone with health issues that major isn't likely to go far in such a competitive environment like TAR. Especially now if he has a compromised immune system.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 12:58:24 AM by Maanca »

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #396 on: December 13, 2021, 06:14:13 AM »

PITSTOP

I followed the 10 teams as they departed London and boarded a train to Glasgow on the overnight sleeper in February 2020. The Cops were nowhere to be seen. It's 99.9% likely they were eliminated in the first leg.

Just like Dennis and Isabelle were missing from sightings of Aberdeen-bound trains during Season 25.

Offline jonder

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2021, 04:32:25 PM »
Some showns like MTV's The Challenge is flying out alternates to location in case something happens to their cast... Is posible that production flew the singing cops to Europe just in case something happend to some of the other teams, but were not used at the end?

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #398 on: December 16, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »
Hmm, now that Paramount owns both channels, it would be little surprise if that same policy applies.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #399 on: December 16, 2021, 08:24:23 PM »
Episode titles for the premiere have been revealed.

Confirmed: January 5th is the first two legs/episodes just shown back-to-back over 2-hours.

Episode 1: "We're Back!"

Episode 2: "It Can’t Be That Easy"

Source: https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=58852