Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 46743 times)

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2021, 11:56:02 AM »
Finally some sighting.  :conf: :cheer: :conf:

Twins and Phil looks really happy at that photo so I am assuming they were not eliminated in that leg. I wonder which leg is it and how far they made it so far.

I'm guessing this is the fourth leg of 2.0, with Zurich, Milan, Corsica being the first three. So Leg 7 if they keep the 3 legs from earlier this year. Twins likely making it to Leg 8 is pretty great.

Yeah, that's really good and unexpected. They made it to F6 at least. Hoping for Raquel and Kayla to be sighted as well, fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 05:33:28 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline octoberbirch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2021, 11:59:51 AM »
Finally some sighting.  :conf: :cheer: :conf:

Twins and Phil looks really happy at that photo so I am assuming they were not eliminated in that leg. I wonder which leg is it and how far they made it so far.

I'm guessing this is the fourth leg of 2.0, with Zurich, Milan, Corsica being the first three. So Leg 7 if they keep the 3 legs from earlier this year. Twins likely making it to Leg 8 is pretty great.

Yeah, that's really good and unexpected. They made it to F6 at least. Hoping for Raquel and Kayla to be sighted as well, fingers crossed.

To be fair, if we are to assume that 8 teams were invited back for the re-do, that is only 2 eliminations they survived. And of those two, they already beat the cops before, it wouldn't be surprising they outlast them again.

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2021, 01:27:29 PM »
Is that F/F team hitting at the pit stop Marissa and Marianela(Lulu and Lala)?
I’m lost. Where is the pic?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2021, 01:46:04 PM »
Lisbon appears to be just a connection, the plane left towards London an hour ago. Maybe they’re switching planes again.

The company supplying the charter planes is based out of London. They’ve been flying the planes back to base after most of the destinations thus far. Probably costs $$$ to park the planes for extended periods of time atd the destinations.

Is it possible the teams deboarded the plane in Portugal and then the plane was flown back to London for parking?

A less exciting alternate explanation is that the elimination station is in Portugal and they stopped in Lisbon to drop off eliminated team(s). I have no evidence that would point to this being the case though, just speculation.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2021, 02:03:28 PM »
Lisbon appears to be just a connection, the plane left towards London an hour ago. Maybe they’re switching planes again.

The company supplying the charter planes is based out of London. They’ve been flying the planes back to base after most of the destinations thus far. Probably costs $$$ to park the planes for extended periods of time atd the destinations.

Is it possible the teams deboarded the plane in Portugal and then the plane was flown back to London for parking?

A less exciting alternate explanation is that the elimination station is in Portugal and they stopped in Lisbon to drop off eliminated team(s). I have no evidence that would point to this being the case though, just speculation.

Considering Portugal has been used a lot as an elimination station this wouldn’t surprise me lol

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2021, 03:47:49 PM »

The next flight (zt905?) should answer that question. If it’s somewhere near Greece then yeah. If it’s from the Iberian peninsula/Lisbon area then probably continuation of race.

Offline octoberbirch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2021, 03:51:45 PM »
On further inspection of the picture, it does look like it could be Cayla and Raquel, actually. Which would be not much a surprise that they make the Final 6...maybe Phil's clapping because they won the leg?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 04:13:24 PM by octoberbirch »

Offline Jack3257

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2021, 05:09:49 PM »
Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the eliminated teams from legs 4/5/6 stayed with them until Lisbon.  They could drop them off when they run leg 7 and then pick them back up towards the end of the race.

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2021, 05:45:52 PM »
Also London could be an elimination station too since all the charter planes fly from/to there? Just a thought

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2021, 05:51:28 PM »
They usually get a lovely spot somewhere relavively secluded. Portugal would be great. London too busy probably... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2021, 07:40:24 PM »
The pitstop greeter is a little puzzling. Thessaloniki and Chalkidiki are famous for Aristotle of course, but the ragged clothes, pithos (jug/barrel) and staff all bring to mind Diogenes, who lived in Sinope and Athens.

Edit: Who knows, maybe it's related to a task: give each team a lantern and tell them to wander around town and look for an honest man.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 11:51:20 AM by Slowhatch »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2021, 11:40:16 PM »
The pitstop greeter is a little puzzling. Thessaloniki and Chalkidiki are famous for Aristotle of course, but the ragged clothes, pithos (jug/barrel) and staff all bring to mind Diogenes, who lived in Sinope and Athens.

The greeter is definitely not Aristotle and he most likely represents Diogenes, who has no connection to Thessaloniki at all. If they wanted someone from ancient Greece they could have chosen Alexander the Great or Phillip (Alexander's father). Thessaloniki after all was named after Alexander's sister!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2021, 02:15:12 AM »
Probably the best they could do with such short notice guys.:funny: Just remember the entire race is probably replacement legs at this point.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2021, 06:23:16 AM »
Probably the best they could do with such short notice guys. :funny: Just remember the entire race is probably replacement legs at this point.

Short notice? Theyve had almost two years! :funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2021, 06:51:27 AM »
I took a time off for a day and I return to see a sighting now posted. Finally! Very happy and it's a F/F Team. Hope they make the Final 3. Hope we can snag more information. I just cannot wait to see the show again on screen

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2021, 05:46:34 AM »
As of 10/1 they were still in the Greece according to ShenShen at twitter. https://twitter.com/ShenShen333/status/1444170715067043843

So maybe Portugal did not happen?

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2021, 06:09:20 AM »
On Lisbon airport departures site says zt905 was originally scheduled to leave Lisbon tomorrow at 2:45 for Portsmouth, NH near Boston but it’s canceled. Dunno what to make of it.

https://www.aeroportolisboa.pt/en/lis/flights-destinations/find-flights/real-time-departures

If Lisbon is real, wonder if it is either a refueling site before another north/South America destination or a destination itself. But idk what to make of the cancellation either.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 06:31:16 AM by utubefan »

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2021, 08:55:44 AM »
I think the most likely explanation is that Lisbon is the location of sequesterville and the remaining teams are still in Greece due to Thessaloniki’s COVID status change.

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2021, 09:17:18 AM »
I think the most likely explanation is that Lisbon is the location of sequesterville and the remaining teams are still in Greece due to Thessaloniki’s COVID status change.
What is the Thessaloniki’s COVID status change?

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2021, 09:23:10 AM »

Just saw this article about Thessaloniki and area going to a higher covid level

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1168809/thessaloniki-larissa-kilkis-halkidiki-turn-red-on-greece-s-covid-map/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

From the COVID Facts thread
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2021, 09:35:20 AM »

Just saw this article about Thessaloniki and area going to a higher covid level

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1168809/thessaloniki-larissa-kilkis-halkidiki-turn-red-on-greece-s-covid-map/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

From the COVID Facts thread
Thanks. Reading that I don’t see any quarantine restrictions prior to traveling out of the country. Am I missing it?

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2021, 09:45:28 AM »
Or maybe flight just delayed a day or so for some reason or another?

Online Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2021, 09:51:03 AM »
So they went to Lisbon on Thursday. Today is Saturday.. Is it enough to fix in 2 legs... Maybe leg  10 and 11 ...or leg 9 and 10 .. Maybe the next leg could be the final destination imo..  Phil is only posting about Tough As Nails.. So he is excited!!  :welcome: :amen:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2021, 10:46:41 AM »
I highly doubt that they are still in Greece. The permit from the Greek ministry of culture specified that they would film in locations of historical importance at the 28th and the 29th of September. I haven't found another permit and it's difficult in Greece to not include even one historical place.
They arrived in Greece at the 26th, they had two days of preparations (27-28) and they run the leg on the 29th of September. The plane departed for Lisbon on the 30th.
If the pattern holds true then they arrive in Lisbon, have two days of preparation and they run the leg on the third day (that's either today or tomorrow). I would expect to see movement from the plane in the next couple days

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2021, 10:55:35 AM »
They are not in Greece. I can say that for sure. Definitely moved locations
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!