Author Topic: EP5:' We're Getting out of the Country Girls '  (Read 40202 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP5:' We're Getting out of the Country Girls '
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2005, 02:58:52 PM »
Oh like maybe they are getting ready to take off Slowhatch!!

Also note the White Vans behind them

found this site , not that this is who the rent the Vans from but you never know?
http://www.pesantez-tours.com/eng/transporte_espa.asp

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2005, 04:45:39 PM »
Quote from: Puddin
Krazi they aren't bolting for the cluebox
And they're staring at a spot in the ground in front of them like it's a starting line or gate. An "hours of operation" bunchup, perhaps?

Exactly!  bunchup=equalizer?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2005, 05:00:20 PM »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2005, 05:29:56 PM »
Banzai maybe the Paolos are in a busvan  , they just left the airport ? This is where DJ says something like "
if anyone had ever told me I'd be in Panama with my mother ,I'd tell them they were out of there minds ."

That makes sense. Somehow they arrive late in Panama and didn't get a chance to change their clothes.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2005, 06:01:24 PM »
Chateau, ye master of the sun shadows,  :tada:

Since we have the bungee location down (at least to the 2 possibilities) and in this shot they are in the water looking up at the platform blocking the sun from there eyes, what time of day do you think it is?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2005, 06:47:59 PM »
Come on Chateau , we know you can do it  |#'

ACP/The Panama Canal Authority 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 06:53:39 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2005, 10:59:40 AM »
Since we have the bungee location down (at least to the 2 possibilities)

supsandalee, you got the right spot.  For sure.  :':')

At one point in the preview they are up in the crane and in the background you can see the triple set of cranes.

I will start looking into the time of day thing later on.  Guessing Here:  The shot you have here is of the remaining Paolos looking up at DJ who has to do the jump.  Why is he the only one?  Does he jump into the water?  Or is it just bungee over the water?

supsandalee, did you see that airport for Panama City in Google Earth?  It's tiny.  No commercial jets there.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2005, 11:34:40 AM »
I have been to the Panama City airport, it is not as big a US airports, but it is not tiny either.  Major US airlines arrive there, like AMerican , Continental, US Airways, etc.  And Jets definitely land there. 
 :]

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2005, 12:09:23 PM »
Panama City airport (Tocumen--PTY) is 35 km from the city. Albrook airport (domestic flights) is the one next to the piers.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2005, 02:45:06 PM »
snagged from a commercial , nothing new just nice big pics if you doulble click the thumbnails

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2005, 03:37:05 PM »
We got ourselves a heck of a lot of stuff to digest; seems to be an awful lot of activity going on down thar in Panama.

First: Shot of the Bransens (#24) reading route clue about flying to Panama City can anyone make out the TAR Route sign in the back ground? New Orleans or Belize?

Quick check of flights from New Orleans (MSY) to Panama City (PTY) and we have:

Continental Flight 522 leaving at 12:17PM arriving 6:24PM
American Flight 939 leaving at 1:45 PM arriving at 8:24PM
Delta Flight  leaving at 1:30PM arriving at 9:00PM
American flight 877 leaving at 10:52AM arriving at 8:24PM
Continental flight 1422 leaving at 11:05AM arriving at 8:24PM
And there are no direct flights, all connecting through cities such as Houston, Dallas or Miami.\
And there may be other flights not listed with Travelocity (who is a sponsor afterall)

Flights from MSY to Belize (BZE)
American leaving at 5:59AM arriving at 11:14AM
USAirways leaving at 6:00 arriving at 10:54AM
American leaving at 6:46AM arriving at 1:26PM
American leaving at 8:54AM arriving at 2:35PM

Flights from BZE to PTY
TACA leaving at 5:15PM arriving at 11:30PM
Amereican leaving at 12:19PM arriving at 8:24PM

No matter whether they leave from MSY or BZE for PTY it looks like the flights all are going to arrive in the evening. And if they are going directly to Panama from N.O they will have a good long wait at the airport if scene #24 is correct and it is at the pit stop at Preservation Hall that they get the clue for Panama. It is dark in this scene but does the BG look like the same garden where the pit stop was located. And again if this is correct, that leaves no time for any other task to be filmed in N.O. which really seems strange to come all this way to a fairly popular tourist mecca and do nothing but run to Preservation Hall. And then go to the airport the nect morning. Very strange.

And so far all the scenes from Panama seem to be in daylight; but if they arrive on any of the listed flights they would have to camp out waiting for something to open the next day (which we do seem to have a scene of)

And finally, as someone suggested, why can't the pit stop be after the bird watching gig on the same remote island? If this were so, the Paolos would still have to take the same small boat down the river/canal as the other teams. They just would go directly to the pit stop without doing the baseball, bird watching, and hoochy goochy gigs. This has been done before.

Offline charlierose

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2005, 03:56:02 PM »
It is very difficult to find out flights from New Orleans now after Katrina.  But TACA and Copa should have flights out of New Orlenas to Panama. Copa is Panama official airline.   Racers should go to Houston or Miami where there would be a lot of flights to Panama City.  (AA has 3 daily flights to Panama from Miami). Usually flights to Central American countries leave in the morning and come back to the states the same day.  And the flight time should be no longer than 3-3:30 hours.

Another thing why would the go to Belize, when they have bigger and more cultural countries in the rest of Central America.  I dont think that Belize is either a country visited or Sequeterville.  Chosing Panama and Costa Rica are good choices.  But not Belize.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2005, 04:00:24 PM »
Since we have the bungee location down (at least to the 2 possibilities)

supsandalee, you got the right spot.  For sure.  :':')

At one point in the preview they are up in the crane and in the background you can see the triple set of cranes.

I will start looking into the time of day thing later on.  Guessing Here:  The shot you have here is of the remaining Paolos looking up at DJ who has to do the jump.  Why is he the only one?  Does he jump into the water?  Or is it just bungee over the water?

supsandalee, did you see that airport for Panama City in Google Earth?  It's tiny.  No commercial jets there.

I thought he would just bungee but I dunno from looking at this shot. He looks like he still has his shoes on but he's also wearing a life jacket.  :yaya:

After reading the CBS clue "Two teams race for the fast forward on a course where they must face a fear of extreme heights", I had a scary thought. What if the bungee jumping is just part of the course and they have to swim to the boat where their families are? AND, what if another team could be doing the same thing on the other crane at the same time? They wouldn't allow the Gaghans to attempt the FF unless the Paolos failed, right???  Like the water tower from last season when Rob & Amber had to wait and see if Ray & Deanna finished.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2005, 04:15:58 PM »
If our calendar is correct, we have the teams in New Orleans at the Preservation Hall pit stop on the afternoon of Wednesday, July 13.

So they would leave around 1 or 2AM the morning of Thursday, July 14.

And we have a fairly reliable source spotting the teams looking for the Smithsonian Boat Dock in Panama on Saturday July 16.

If they took flights to Panama early in the day on Thursday, July 14 they would arrive in Panama on the evening of July 14.,so we have a lot of time unaccounted for.  Even if they took a 36 hour pit stop in N.O they still would arrive in Panama on July 15.

Another thing. I am pretty certain that the next leg (Leg #5) is going to be an NEL.  If it is an elimination leg then we have five teams left and 6 eps still to air which would mean a few NELs in a row.  And I think we did have a spotting of five teams in Montreal (four on a flight from Toronto) and one from Chicago direct. Will go back and check on this.  And according to Phil at the beginning (without saying how many legs we had) this TAR would have 7 ELIMINATION LEGS.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2005, 04:25:01 PM »
Another thing why would the go to Belize, when they have bigger and more cultural countries in the rest of Central America.  I dont think that Belize is either a country visited or Sequeterville.  Chosing Panama and Costa Rica are good choices.  But not Belize.
Sequesterville may very well be CostaRica or Panama , both have zipline stuff but still we have the other stuff about Belize ? where does it fit in?

Friday July 14?
Belize/Guatemala.

and then this

Healthwatch: 'The Amazing Race 8'

The word from a participant in a previous race is that the current one
is going so poorly that it might be ended early, the contestants sent
home, and the race cancelled.  The source says that, unlike in previous
races, the first legs of this eighth race were run inside the United
States in order to eliminate as many contestants as possible before
sending the survivors overseas.  However, things have not gone well, in
part because there are little kids involved, and in part because entire
families are involved.  Another factor: The show has grown popular
during the past year, and so local media are providing saturation
coverage wherever the racers show up.  This unwelcome attention has
been interfering with the running of the race.  The remaining racers
are being held in Belize while the producers of the show decide what to
do next.

and Heras Blog
cappuccinoqueen
No time for bier
(7/26/05 3:45 pm)
Reply Re: Hera's Blog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Sorry for vanishing on you all, but I have been in the middle of a move! To address the TAR family season. From what I hear, they are having a lot of problems with it and it may actually not be a rumor that it all gets canned. (I can't tell you my sources so don't even ask!haha) Personally, I think it would be a blessing in disguise because TAR is not meant for children!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2005, 04:36:28 PM »
These from Tarflies , thanks

Weavers at the N.O. pitstop ( im going to look for other pitstop pics )

Clearer picks of DJ

Offline charlierose

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2005, 04:38:43 PM »
Another thing that bugs me that tells me that Belize is not Sequesterville, is that the Aiellos told us that they spent time shopping.

Shopping in Belize or Costa Rica is kind of ridiculous because everything is imported.  And compared to US prices, things are really expensive.  And why fly all the teams out of country to go to Sequesterville instead of running  the race outside the US.  Just thinking.

The teams should be taking a flight to Panama July 14 (morning), do the tasks in Panama july 15.  And for me this will be a To be Continued episode.!!!!! {|
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 04:42:58 PM by charlierose »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2005, 10:29:09 PM »
Maybe the Weavers  are cheering because they Phil told them it was a N.E.L.  :cheeky:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2005, 10:59:47 PM »
I've never jumped, but aren't bungee restraints usually fixed to the legs and ankles? In the picture, the ropes are fed through a sheath and seemed to be strapped around his shoulders.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2005, 11:22:40 PM »
This is what I found Slowhatch , no idea hoe it works .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2005, 11:57:59 PM »
Its so quiet :knock:

I watched CBS all day , a few commercials but nothing new that I saw anyway , not even a pip during the College games .

The Dancing Lady & band maybe in the Historic part of the city ,Casco Viejo, the window style are similar to what you see ...

also I didn't know what these posts where ..and found these ..

VERY Long shot ...it caught my eye
 Ancon Hill

and one last thing , in this vidcap the Godlewski sis has a paper ..maybe a clue

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 12:14:26 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2005, 01:40:04 PM »
Some nice large vidcaps , click thumbnails twice for full page.

So much for the bus theory , it looks like the Bransen or Godlewski girl ? Clue in hand ,i cant make out whos behind her ?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 02:04:41 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2005, 03:30:51 PM »
Thought that the opening shot of the plane taking off from New Oreleans (?????) looked funny; flying over the surf crashing on the beach which certainly was not Lake Pontchartrain which would be the case if the plane were indeed taking off from MSY; and it indeed is a takeoff of KLM 747 from LAX recycled from TAR 4.

Why?

If recorded takeoffs from MSY actually were for planes headed to BSE, it might be easy to spot the error, so just add any old takeoff from the file cabinet when the v.o. says "leaving the country."

Just curious.

Hard to figure out a timeline for the stay in Panama since it is not clear which event come where.  Do they do the baseball gig before the trip up the canal from Panama City to the Barro Colorado Islands which are across the peninsula at Gamboa, Panama?

It may be that from wherever the teams arrive they first have to wait for an opening somewhere early the next morning (we seem to see almost all the teams bunched up somewhere at what looks like an early morning vista.)

I haven't been in Panama for 48 years and when I was there the Canal Zone was a world unto itself; now the canal is just part of the Republic of Panama.

ADDED OBSERVATION:  NO MENTION OF 'LATEST FAMILY TO BE CASTAWAY' ON THE EARLY SHOW during promo this morning on CBS Sunday Morning.  And I would think that it is now time for the first elimination. Otherwise we would be down to five teams, and we have a sighting of five teams in Monteal which would mean at least 3 NEL's in a row.   And IF there is a NEL this week, I hope they come up with a new gimmick so that we don't have the Gaghan kids begging on the streets of Panama.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2005, 06:53:37 PM »
from Chateau's link
Drive along the Gaillard Highway passing Albrook and Clayton on your right and the Miraflores locks on your left.
Continue past the Pedro Miguel locks, past the community of Paraiso, past the Summit Golf Club and go under a small railroad bridge inscribed 1929.
Immediately after the underpass, turn left on to Gamboa Road.
Pass the entrance to the Summit Botanical Garden on your right.
After approximately 11 kilometers you will arrive at a single-lane bridge that crosses the river to Gamboa.
To STRI dock (follow the signs from the Gamboa bridge): After crossing the bridge, continue straight. Pass the former gas station and the ACP dock (Dredging Division) on your left, and the Gamboa Post Office and the colorful Santa Cruz houses on your right. Before this road turns to the right, take the sand road to the left to the STRI dock.
The trip takes about 40-45 minutes (without traffic jams). You can follow the Gamboa (Rainforest Resort) signs.

Gamboa Railway

another Panama Railway pic

This looks to me like its along the canal ,that looks like cranes or a ship? maybe near one of the locks?

I watched the video again , when the gate opens they don't rush ..

and I don't see that the Weavers are standing on the pitstop mat..this picture is bugging me ! have we ever been shown a picture of a team at the pitstop ? let alone cheering before ?   >^%

« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 02:01:02 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2005, 07:31:51 PM »
shadow people  }hlp{

ballfield

for Gman , could they make it any more obvious?  :gman:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 08:27:25 PM by puddin »