Author Topic: TAR 35 (formerly called 36): Bitch, Moan & Squeal Here! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*  (Read 32267 times)

Offline angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 36: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Here! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2023, 01:07:19 PM »
saw some of teams spotted in lax

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2023, 01:10:03 PM »
saw some of teams spotted in lax
Yes this was yesterday. We aren't allowed to post it yet until Peach gives us permission.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2023, 01:55:48 PM »
Wow, so I don't know the teams nor what they look like (just the MM, MF, and FF differences), but I'm so excited. I'm very happy for the Starting Line to be in the US again (even though it doesn't matter since they're likely all on the same flight :drama). Very hopeful for this season, and I feel like the route will be good! Hoping for around 3 new countries (of course 5 would be stellar)!

Even though I have been following TAR Aus and Israel, I'm happy TAR US is filming again, since I'm American, and we get to try and find them!

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2023, 02:10:38 PM »
Are they going to be able to hit the ground running as soon as they land like old days?

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2023, 02:54:17 PM »
So we aren't allowed to post about the LAX sighting even though it's already out there?

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2023, 03:00:45 PM »
The sighting at the airline counter gives away where they are off to and they haven’t landed yet so security risk?

Online cole1024

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2023, 03:09:15 PM »
REALLY hoping we have some strong FF teams this season. It would be great for at least a couple of them to make a deep run!

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2023, 03:41:05 PM »
Thailand a great choice for a first leg!

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2023, 03:48:09 PM »
THAILAND!!!! I'm very excited for Thailand, as I having been dying for a leg in a heavy-populated Asian city for a while now! They could do a great job or a ****ty job in Bangkok, but I'm hopeful for the first.

I like how there was some sort of task in LA before going to the airport, and it wasn't at the starting line location. I feel it actually makes the starting line city have some sort of use. Looking at the flights that departed LAX last night, I'm guessing the flight was LA --> Seoul --> Bangkok, as the Seoul flight at 11:00pm was the only flight that had Thai Airlines listed, but that's just a guess. I hope they had at least two different flights or had the starting line task give you a departure time in Bangkok because I hate when all the times jump on one flight for the first leg.

After I went crazy seeing Bangkok is the first leg, I'm kinda shocked Oceania is just being skipped? I mean there is a possibility for them to do a TAR 7 style route with first heading to Asia then Europe, Africa, and Oceania before heading to the US. I hope that will happen, as I think all of us are hoping for an Australian visit.

Very excited for these next few weeks of racing! Good luck everybody including a huge thank you to Peach, Leafs, oval, and the other mods that are making sure this is done in a safe way!

Online cole1024

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2023, 03:51:02 PM »
Watching those videos it really seems like this is a completely different show from the past 3 seasons. Even having a task in LA makes me think there will hopefully be more than just a roadblock and detour every single leg, and maybe even more challenging tasks. I have a ton of faith, sounds like production learned and adapted!!

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2023, 03:55:18 PM »
THERE'S TWO DIFFERENT FLIGHTS!! YES, YES, THANK YOU PRODUCTION!! Finally!

Actually, who knows?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2023, 03:59:08 PM »
An actual US starting line and commercial flights? The dark times are behind us!

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2023, 04:15:56 PM »
Are the teams traveling in 1 flight or 2 flights to Bangkok?

Side note: Thailand first leg is pretty much sealing the fate that they skip China/Japan/Taiwan/Korea
Definitely pay attention to Malaysia/Singapore
Or a surprise new appearance of the Kingdom of Brunei

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2023, 04:20:09 PM »
Can we acknowledge how TAR prepared for 90-minute episodes by starting off with a major task in LA. Starting with a Roadblock in the US is a first. Also, both LA locations are celebrating 100 years. Love Thailand, but the legs tend to be hit or miss. At the same time, this will give them some sensory overload.

After I went crazy seeing Bangkok is the first leg, I'm kinda shocked Oceania is just being skipped?

I mean, it is winter.
Show content
Israel just faced that problem. Wasn't fun for production.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2023, 04:21:54 PM »
Can we acknowledge how TAR prepared for 90-minute episodes by starting off with a major task in LA. Starting with a Roadblock in the US is a first. Also, both LA locations are celebrating 100 years. Love Thailand, but the legs tend to be hit or miss. At the same time, this will give them some sensory overload.

After I went crazy seeing Bangkok is the first leg, I'm kinda shocked Oceania is just being skipped?

I mean, it is winter.
Show content
Israel just faced that problem. Wasn't fun for production.

Australia would be warm enough still...but not here in New Zealand. I'm hoping we might see this part of the world later this year for 37!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Online cole1024

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2023, 04:24:10 PM »
It's so great to hear that production is planning accordingly for the 90 minute episodes... really makes me wonder what's going to happen to 35 though. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they aired this in the fall instead...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2023, 04:27:16 PM »
Nice to see Asia again! (Jordan was barely, I know).

If CBS decides to give this season all 90-minute episodes as was announced with 35, they do need to step it up with the leg design now that we're finally back to good ol' charter-free Amazing Race. "Find this place-Roadblock-Detour-Pit Stop" isn't gonna cut it. Shell out for a proper ARI third task.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2023, 04:29:37 PM »
Finally, teams were spotted at LAX checking onto a flight to Bangkok, Thailand. We cannot confirm anything about the flight details, but we do have reason to believe it was more than one flight. Nothing 100% concrete.

Fossil also overheard production as they set up earlier in the day saying the tasks are going to be harder and got the impression we are no longer in for linear legs, so expect them to be longer to fill our 90 mins mandate.
God, I hope this is true. I haven't been this excited for TAR since the reboot of 33 in September 2021. Hopping this is gonna be great!

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2023, 04:31:33 PM »
It's so great to hear that production is planning accordingly for the 90 minute episodes... really makes me wonder what's going to happen to 35 though. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they aired this in the fall instead...

Banish it to Paramount+ like it deserves?

Anyhow, kudos to the first ever Southeast Asian opener city.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2023, 04:32:43 PM »
Australia would be warm enough still...but not here in New Zealand. I'm hoping we might see this part of the world later this year for 37!
I also think a South Pacific island country would be great. I mean Survivor films in Fiji in the late-fall and early winter, so I think a country in the South Pacific could be possible for the season.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2023, 04:33:27 PM »
Backtracking into Oceania from Asia on a westward course would necessitate a higher budget than currently available.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2023, 04:34:12 PM »
Are they going to replicate S33 route
Like they would have done Krabi and Bangkok after Nepal in S33

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2023, 04:35:17 PM »
If they're skipping East Asia as seems to be the case, then yes.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2023, 04:36:14 PM »
Backtracking into Oceania from Asia on a westward course would necessitate a higher budget than currently available.
Definitely

Most Pacific islands
Let’s say Palau/Fiji
They go either Tokyo/Hong Kong as a connection

For them doing Bangkok first, I suspect the Malaysia/Singapore or even Brunei for the next few legs

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2023, 05:36:16 PM »
Definitely

Most Pacific islands
Let’s say Palau/Fiji
They go either Tokyo/Hong Kong as a connection

For them doing Bangkok first, I suspect the Malaysia/Singapore or even Brunei for the next few legs

Perth could be doable if they absolutely wanted to backtrack to Oceania. I’m just hoping we get more than 3 continents.