Author Topic: TAR 33 EP 9 2/23/22 LIVE COMMENTARY!!  (Read 5818 times)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Re: TAR 33 EP 9 2/23/22 LIVE COMMENTARY!!
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2022, 09:04:08 PM »
good short leg. honestly would have been better with one additional task as ARI tbf. RB looks so brutal, while the detour seems easy enough compared to the FF from season 9.

man i have to say that while i understand the staggering stuffs, it kind unfair to A&N because i believe R&D were far behind and the fact that the gap is now only 15 minutes after the pit start, its gonna be interesting to see at least
what might have been

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2022, 09:04:15 PM »
NEXT WEEK ON THE SEASON FINALE OF AMAZING RACE!

Show content
With the Finish Line in sight, there's no room for error. The final four race to avoid elimination and give it all they got! (OH MY GOODNESS, CLAIRE'S WATERMELON SMASH INCIDENT!) To win the $1 million.

Show content
I hear claps on the mat, but see no teams. Will we get the eliminated teams on the mat? Or that would be something that darn COVID has taken away from us.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2022, 09:05:58 PM »
Man, those last 10 minutes were intense. I was 100% sure of a NEL but was rooting so hard for Arun & Natalia to finally catch a break. So happy for them! <3

What a show tonight. The most excited I've been all season. Can't wait for next week's finale! (and did I just see a Claire watermelon Switchback?)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2022, 09:06:11 PM »

Show content
With the Finish Line in sight, there's no room for error. The final four race to avoid elimination and give it all they got! (OH MY GOODNESS, CLAIRE'S WATERMELON SMASH INCIDENT!) To win the $1 million.

Show content
I hear claps on the mat, but see no teams. Will we get the eliminated teams on the mat? Or that would be something that darn COVID has taken away from us.

Show content
in other thread there was a pic of teams standing by at the finish line
what might have been

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2022, 09:08:09 PM »
So proud of Arun & Natalia for not getting last! <3<3<3
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2022, 09:08:57 PM »
Man, those last 10 minutes were intense. I was 100% sure of a NEL but was rooting so hard for Arun & Natalia to finally catch a break. So happy for them! <3

What a show tonight. The most excited I've been all season. Can't wait for next week's finale! (and did I just see a Claire watermelon Switchback?)
Show content
It better not be an editing glitch.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2022, 09:09:59 PM »

Show content

Show content

Show content
Show content
I think that the piņata task was done in LA, as we saw R&C w the Claire shot. Not sure what kind of memory challenge it would be, but the fact that we have a semblance of one is great!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2022, 09:15:11 PM »
good short leg. honestly would have been better with one additional task as ARI tbf. RB looks so brutal, while the detour seems easy enough compared to the FF from season 9.

man i have to say that while i understand the staggering stuffs, it kind unfair to A&N because i believe R&D were far behind and the fact that the gap is now only 15 minutes after the pit start, its gonna be interesting to see at least

Arun & Natalia benefited from it twice this season already though, although I don't believe it would have really affected the race order.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2022, 09:17:02 PM »

Show content

Show content

Show content
Show content
I think that the piņata task was done in LA, as we saw R&C w the Claire shot. Not sure what kind of memory challenge it would be, but the fact that we have a semblance of one is great!
Show content
The watermelon launch took place in England and we did have an England visit in the beginning so the location itself may have something to do with the switchback. Don't know how clips of different seasons can be incorporated without using outside sources though. That's what is throwing me off.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2022, 12:50:46 AM »

Show content

Show content

Show content
Show content
Show content
The watermelon launch took place in England and we did have an England visit in the beginning so the location itself may have something to do with the switchback. Don't know how clips of different seasons can be incorporated without using outside sources though. That's what is throwing me off.
Show content
That scene with Raquel and Cayla is what Foley artists do, that's why you see them trying to recreate similar sounds to match Claire's watermelon video

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2022, 12:53:33 AM »
Loving the editing, making it seems like a footrace, but is it just me or am I getting the impression from the lighting, they probably weren't that tight close together.

Ryan & Dusty were at the stones for 3 hours, that Detour couldn't have taken more than 5-10 minutes. Definitely not close.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2022, 09:22:06 AM »
The fact that there were only 4 gold coins made the roadblock hard, unfortunately that was the only shining task in this leg. I was hoping the detour more challenging. Arun/Natalia and navigation are better love story than Twilight  😅😅😅. So glad they finished in third. Not surprised Dusty has anger management issue, he showed it in Corsica (leg 6).

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2022, 12:26:12 PM »

Show content

Show content

Show content
Show content
Show content
Show content
That scene with Raquel and Cayla is what Foley artists do, that's why you see them trying to recreate similar sounds to match Claire's watermelon video
Show content
Interesting! I never knew that was a full-time gig. I've always thought they were another method that audio engineers do to get the sound they want. I'm excitedly hoping for a team to recreate "Right in the kisser. Show that knight who's boss!" or "I made it my b-!" :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2022, 10:47:15 PM »
Hey guys! It was an AMAZING finale and I promise to tell you all about it and send pics. Tomorrow is fly home day so not quite sure when that will be. Perhaps by late night tomorrow but more likely to be the following day. But it was Amazing and loved everyone!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.