Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 44468 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2021, 08:30:37 PM »
I am starting to believe that it was a restart...coz we are seeing things we have never seen before.... It wasn't a rehearsal..in my opinion.. What is going on guys...
Why would there only be 8 teams flying from LAX to Zurich if it was a full restart?

Do we even have evidence suggesting that only 8 teams came back for the restart? Or is just pure spec and replacement teams could’ve been brought on as well?

8 were on the flight... now that doesn't mean others could have been flown from other airports, however I highly doubt for two reasons

1) Why would they fly 8 teams to LAX and leave the other three at other airports? We know from 2020 that only 2 teams flew out of LAX, meaning the others had closer airports to fly from. This would mean at a minimum 6 teams flew to LAX to fly to Zurich. So if those 6 did, why didn't the other 3?
2) Why use a charter flight for the 8 and leave the others to presumed commercial flights? It doesn't add up imo.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2021, 08:42:42 PM »
Keep in mind Production is trying to keep everyone safe in terms of Covid-19. A charter flight leased by Production raises a far lower risk of exposure than flying commercial through airports, especially where those are in places where local rules  prohibit any kind of vaccination or mask mandates, even if TSA rules require masks onboard passenger flights. That’s the primary reason why I doubt any mode of public transportation will be used, and GPS guided self driving will likely be making a comeback. It’s clearly the safest option to me to avoid unvaccinated locals during each leg. JMHO YMMV.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2021, 09:47:36 PM »
Let's remember that the crew and team walk around with a guy that has a paper which contains permission to be on TV...are we still saying that video was a rehearsal :carryon:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2021, 03:53:01 AM »
places where local rules prohibit any kind of vaccination or mask mandates, even if TSA rules require masks onboard passenger flights. That’s the primary reason why I doubt any mode of public transportation will be used, and GPS guided self driving will likely be making a comeback.

Agree that there will be more driving as opposed to public transportation, but anti-mask mandates seem to be an exclusively US problem. Masks are compulsory in indoor spaces and public transportation in Switzerland, Italy, France, and Greece; and Italy and France have all but made vaccines mandatory through their respective COVID passes.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2021, 04:48:27 AM »
Let's remember that the crew and team walk around with a guy that has a paper which contains permission to be on TV...are we still saying that video was a rehearsal :carryon:
There’s nothing to prevent the use of electronic documents being signed on a tablet or iPad, the surface of which can be sanitized after being handled. In fact many places are allowing Covid-19 documents to br carried electronically outside the U.S. Electronic copies can also be stored remotely and securely.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2021, 04:56:51 AM »
places where local rules prohibit any kind of vaccination or mask mandates, even if TSA rules require masks onboard passenger flights. That’s the primary reason why I doubt any mode of public transportation will be used, and GPS guided self driving will likely be making a comeback.

Agree that there will be more driving as opposed to public transportation, but anti-mask mandates seem to be an exclusively US problem. Masks are compulsory in indoor spaces and public transportation in Switzerland, Italy, France, and Greece; and Italy and France have all but made vaccines mandatory through their respective COVID passes.

Neobie, keep in mind there’s no place that has reached 100% vaccinations. I don’t want to ASSUME the US is the only place where requiring mask wearing is a problem, and there’s always the reduced but still existing possibility that someone’s not wearing a mask in a location whether by accident or intent, and not knowing if that person is vaccinated. You have to do everything you can to exclude the slightest chance of exposure to the virus, especially from those who are not yet vaccinated.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 05:06:24 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2021, 05:19:46 AM »
Porting this over from the Speculation Thread:

There aren't any quarantine requirements for Switzerland, Italy, France, and Greece, but it's a longer gap than we're used to:

Arrival in Zurich: 17 Sep 1:20pm
Departure from Milan: 22 Sep 11:09am (spending 4 days 22h on land)

Arrival in Bastia: 22 Sep 12:02pm
Departure from Figari: 26 Sep 9:38am (spending 3 days 21h on land)

As a reference, last season we had: Trinidad and Tobago (~1.5 days on land), Bogota (~1.5 days), Manaus (~2.5 days), Asuncion (~2 days), Paris+Berlin (~5 days), Almaty (~2.5 days), Hyderabad (~1.5 days), Siem Reap (~1.5 days), Manila (~1 day).

I wonder if we could have fit in two legs between Switzerland and Italy, or even on Corsica for that matter?

It doesn't make sense for teams to be on the ground for so long, especially since there are no quarantine requirements in any of the countries they've visited so far. Even if they did a test upon arrival at every location they arrived in, the results should be out within 24h. Furthermore, express tests are available with results out within the hour; while these are more expensive, they are more than compensated for by the time and wages saved.

Unless production is allocating a massive amount of buffer time in case something goes wrong, my gut feel is that we've been having double legs in each location, to minimise travel and maximise the use of travel-friendly locations (i.e. not the Asia-Pacific, where most borders remain closed). We could be looking at The Amazing (Mostly) European Race:
Leg 1: London
Leg 2: Glasgow
Leg 3: Somewhere in the UK
Leg 4: Switzerland
Switzerland
Leg 5: Milan
Leg 6: Bastia
Leg 7: Bonifacio
Leg 8 (and 9?): Thessaloniki

Come to think of it, it's very unusual for three consecutive legs in the UK (the only precedent was China in TAR 14). Could it have been a substitute for an Italy leg that was cut during the first European wave of COVID-19, back in early 2020?
This really shouldn’t be discussed in the Timeline and Summary thread, either, so I’m importing it back to the discussion thread.

But if there were two legs filmed in each of these four locations, we’d have enough for a 12 or 13 leg season with surviving final three teams headed back somewhere in the U.S. for the final city, or with a break in precedent, a final city outside the U.S.:

4 - Switzerland
5 - Switzerland
6 - Milan
7 - Milan
8 - Bastia
9 - Bastia
10 - Bonifacio
11 - Bonifacio
12 - Thessaloniki
13 - Thessaloniki (back to U.S.?)

That becomes a whole lot simpler, they get the dry run for a more normal season 34, in a pandemic or post-pandemic world.
And it does solve the problem of travel to regions of the world not yet reopened in a way that works best for TAR.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2021, 05:54:04 AM »
That itinerary is suggesting four legs in Corsica across less than four full days, not sure that's reasonable (or remarkable for an amazing race either).

I do wonder if we're having longer lead times because production can't fly ahead to locations this time around to set up the legs. Do we have any indication at this point if production is traveling separately from the teams? I don't think we've identified any charters heading to the leg locations that are separate from the ones we assume the teams travel on.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2021, 06:04:38 AM »
That itinerary is suggesting four legs in Corsica across less than four full days, not sure that's reasonable (or remarkable for an amazing race either).

I do wonder if we're having longer lead times because production can't fly ahead to locations this time around to set up the legs. Do we have any indication at this point if production is traveling separately from the teams? I don't think we've identified any charters heading to the leg locations that are separate from the ones we assume the teams travel on.

May be proven wrong but I think it’s more likely we are seeing longer times in each location with teams being sequestered for a bit longer each rest period at a new location to allow for production to move ahead / get footage / prepare a day in advance etcetera.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s something like:

Leg 1: London, England
Leg 2: Glasgow and Luss, Scotland
Leg 3: Scotland

THEN

Leg 4: Zurich, Switzerland
Leg 5: Milan, Italy
Leg 6: Corsica, France
Leg 7: Thessaloniki and Halkidiki, Greece

There is also space in the timeline between Zurich and Milan for a possible fifth leg (making the others 6-7-8).
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2021, 08:27:38 AM »

May be proven wrong but I think it’s more likely we are seeing longer times in each location with teams being sequestered for a bit longer each rest period at a new location to allow for production to move ahead / get footage / prepare a day in advance etcetera.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s something like:

Leg 1: London, England
Leg 2: Glasgow and Luss, Scotland
Leg 3: Scotland

THEN

Leg 4: Zurich, Switzerland
Leg 5: Milan, Italy
Leg 6: Corsica, France
Leg 7: Thessaloniki and Halkidiki, Greece

There is also space in the timeline between Zurich and Milan for a possible fifth leg (making the others 6-7-8).

I'm more leaning to this theory of Kiwi Jay's where production gets to do some filming first then the teams Race around the city. Hoping we get further sightings in Greece.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2021, 08:33:11 AM »
I hope Crete isn’t in the filming plans…..
From CNN:
Crete  5.9 earthquake Monday morning.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/27/europe/crete-earthquake-greece-intl-scli/index.html
-- theschnauzers

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2021, 09:33:23 AM »
I hope Crete isn’t in the filming plans…..
From CNN:
Crete  5.9 earthquake Monday morning.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/27/europe/crete-earthquake-greece-intl-scli/index.html

No Crete this time. Don't worry, it's on the opposite part of Greece, down south while the race is in the North more than 1000km away.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2021, 09:36:37 AM »
I am also pretty sure that delays country by country may SOMETIMES be due t o mandatory covid testing with a couple of days isolation.. We have a thread going for that so feel free to add in ANY OFFICIAL COUNTRY requirements. NO spec, just facts.

We have no evidence for Crete. Hoping today is a rest day.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2021, 10:18:27 AM »
Neobie, keep in mind there’s no place that has reached 100% vaccinations. I don’t want to ASSUME the US is the only place where requiring mask wearing is a problem, and there’s always the reduced but still existing possibility that someone’s not wearing a mask in a location whether by accident or intent, and not knowing if that person is vaccinated. You have to do everything you can to exclude the slightest chance of exposure to the virus, especially from those who are not yet vaccinated.

Agreed on your general point about minimising points of contact; I was more addressing the point about local laws prohibiting vaccination or mask mandates, which is a particularly American phenomenon. Then again, there's no need to give all teams a GPS to take away all the drama; how about an old-fashioned map instead?

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2021, 10:17:40 PM »
So, in the new thread about the web Cam...There are 9 cars,unless there is a version of another amazing race out there or Amazing Race 34 ....but this many teams is not how Amazing Race 33 should look like after 2 weeks and 1 week in 2020...am more than ever coz the cars leave at the same time :idgit

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2021, 12:09:13 AM »

Agreed on your general point about minimising points of contact; I was more addressing the point about local laws prohibiting vaccination or mask mandates, which is a particularly American phenomenon. Then again, there's no need to give all teams a GPS to take away all the drama; how about an old-fashioned map instead?
A map raises the potential of coming into contact with an unvaccinated local, which is one of the things I surmise production is doing its best to avoid.
-- theschnauzers

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2021, 12:24:43 AM »
So, in the new thread about the web Cam...There are 9 cars,unless there is a version of another amazing race out there or Amazing Race 34 ....but this many teams is not how Amazing Race 33 should look like after 2 weeks and 1 week in 2020...am more than ever coz the cars leave at the same time :idgit

Are we sure this was even TAR-related? I slowed and paused the video and, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I never saw any camera people or anything.

I'm pretty sure it was just a random car festival...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUR3W88tVWt/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUR3YgTNgr6/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUVwt7aqXSa/

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2021, 12:37:03 AM »
I asked whether the two men had any clues... And he replied that.. But I don't understand the message.. :didimiss: been sitting on this since that video of filming in a cafe..And I saw some bikes in the webcam too
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 12:46:27 AM by Avid »

Offline octoberbirch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2021, 04:28:58 PM »
Halifax? Interesting. Canada leg?  :cheer:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2021, 04:29:53 PM »
KIKI is in Greece and has explained exactly what the cars were in LIVE. NOT US
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2021, 04:31:05 PM »
Halifax? Interesting. Canada leg?  :cheer:

No, it was just a flight connection.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 04:38:31 PM by H_E_L_L_O »

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2021, 04:32:39 PM »
Do we have any ideas or clues to what non-European destinations they may go to?

Online ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2021, 03:15:34 AM »
Is there a chance that this might be an all Europe race?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2021, 08:09:50 AM »
I guess we have to follow the whole titan fleet to figure out which plane and where they go to next since they are switching planes

Here is a good link:
https://www.radarbox.com/data/airlines/AWC

ZT901 was LA->Zurich
ZT902 was Milan->Corsica
ZT903 was Corsica->Thessaloniki
So next one will be ZT904?

AWC904 is departing in 10 minutes.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GPOWN

It's bound for Thessaloniki.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-pown
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:23:46 AM by Xoruz »

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2021, 08:34:28 AM »
I guess we have to follow the whole titan fleet to figure out which plane and where they go to next since they are switching planes

Here is a good link:
https://www.radarbox.com/data/airlines/AWC

ZT901 was LA->Zurich
ZT902 was Milan->Corsica
ZT903 was Corsica->Thessaloniki
So next one will be ZT904?

AWC904 is departing in 10 minutes.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GPOWN

It's bound for Thessaloniki.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-pown

:cheer: almost time to find out where they are off to next