Author Topic: TAN 2 Ongoing LIVE DISCUSSIONS of the SHOWS! Weekly WED 8PM EST  (Read 7417 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAN 2 Ongoing LIVE DISCUSSIONS of the SHOWS! Weekly WED 8PM EST
« on: February 10, 2021, 02:29:15 PM »
Have FUN and ENJOY a LIVE and Later Discussions of the SHOWS.

Premiere is tonight!

If anyone can do updates that would be AMAZING!

If not, feel free to add comments whenever.

Just be KIND!  :hfive:  And have FUN!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:16:05 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAN 2 Ongoing LIVE DISCUSSIONS of the SHOWS! Premiere TONIGHT@ 8PM EST
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »
Another awesome CAST! These people have heart.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 12:25:16 PM »
Nice start to the season.

Got to give it up to them for building a garage frame in 3 hours.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 02:18:25 AM »
Episode One Thoughts

Just finishing watching the episode! It was certainly an interesting start! I enjoyed watching the concrete Individual Challenge, but I'm a little disappointed we have the same team names as last season? I thought they could maybe rename Dirty Hands & Savage Crew different names for each season? Anyway, I also enjoyed the Team Challenge, wherein teams had to put up their frame! Hopefully they don't have construction challenges the whole season and do something a little different?

A good start to the season and bring on the remaining nine weeks!  :conf: :cheer:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 10:54:53 PM »
I finished watching the second season's premiere and I have to say the chemistry of this cast is stellar from the get-go, even before the assembly of the teams. Personally, I love Iraida, 'Brows, Celi, Swifty, and Scott for their energy and some of their juxtapositions to what they usually do on a daily basis. I think Merryl is our first honorary notable contestant we've had so a giant salute to her.

The individual roles they take on during the garage frame challenge hit home for me since I used to work in a residential construction office as a data clerk in the 2000's, pre-smartphone revolution, where they had these giant rolls of architectural details for new suburban homes and renovations, and I would oversee and document strictly the progress made by the on-site construction manager and tradesmen each day. I was watching the second challenge and was surprised at how fast they put together the structure (2-1/2 hours with 6 people, wow). Frankly, it's not adhered to the ground so that's one thing and I saw a lot of things OSHA would have a field day over. :)

Same thoughts regarding the team names with Bourkie: I am confused why Phil insisted on keeping the Savage Crew + Dirty Hands pairing. I don't find the titles very remarkable unless there is going to be a wall of fame with all the contestants. As for the punchcards that are probably going to appear on the next episode, I honestly would love to never see the punchcards again as I still think the whole time clock setup is tacky compared to the atmosphere for the rest of the show. Hope they prove me wrong (or right) tomorrow night.

I'm glad for this show specifically that there isn't an elimination in the first episode. I feel like we barely got to know a lot from these teams besides Angel, Eyebrows, Swifty, and Tara. Speaking of introductions, WAY better this season than last time. Short intros, grand intro gems are sporadic. No compact collection of grand intros in the beginning only to bring others up during the start of elimination.... :0328:.... and better use of fillers and scenes this time.

I actually would love to see some TAR sleuths locate the places visited in this series within L.A. County.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 06:50:02 PM »
EPISODE 2 TONIGHT 8PM EST!

If you are live watching feel free to comment or update! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 08:10:50 PM »
I liked the challenges for the maritime episode. The crab pot and hagfish tasks were crazy fun, with a few thrills and chills, and I wish they had incorporated something similar to this on an episode of TAR where teams visit South Korea or Japan. I can imagine teams collectively screaming in fear. :funny: The rope unkink task was where the meat of the episode, one of the most dramatic I've seen so far with Swifty's cramp and Tara's thumb injury. Tara's loss reminded me of how Young lost last season. Goes to show that these challenges are not meant to exactly reflect the daily operations and protocol of someone in a similar role, but a more Highland Games-based setup for it.

Near the end of the overtime challenge when Swifty finished, you could see the actual dock crew or local audience standing on something that looks like a pier with the giant camera crane gyrating so I thought that was a nice unintentional behind-the-scenes moment.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 11:32:08 PM »
Episode Two Thoughts

I just got around to watching the episode! I really enjoyed the lobster team challenge and congratulations to Dirty Hands for winning! The Individual Challenge with slime eels was a little boring in my opinion, but still an interesting task! Finally, the Overtime Challenge was extremely complicated for Tara & Swifty, but it made for great viewing and I was kept on the edge of my seat during the whole challenge!
Show content
Bad luck to Tara for losing, but I love how she'll stick around to help in the Team Challenges!
  :cheer: :conf:

Bring on next week! :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:17:48 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAN 2 Ongoing LIVE DISCUSSIONS of the SHOWS! Weekly WED 8PM EST
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 07:49:38 PM »
Does anyone know why Mikey left?? It was very strange how they barely talked about it at all.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 02:27:31 AM »
Episode Three Thoughts

First off, let me just say I was extremely confused about the reason Michael was withdrawn? It was extremely unspecified... anyway, I really enjoyed watching the Team Challenge, I love see people lay the foundations for a road, but this challenge was extremely challenging and difficult and required exact measures! Congrats to Savage Crew for winning! The Individual Challenge was also great to watch, I loved the slalom course contestants needed to drive their bulldozer through and I also glad there was no Overtime challenge, due to Michael's departure.

Overall, this episode was pretty solid and bring on next week!   

Offline AFVet1982

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 09:34:19 AM »
I'm as curious as everyone as to why Mikey left the show, my personal theory is that it's a back injury from the fall he took during the hagfish challenge.  He really landed hard and was on the deck for a couple of minutes.  While he pulled himself back up and finished, I think he was probably working through a lot of pain & ended up not being able to continue.

With that said, I also think him shoving Freight Train into the water was very bad sportsmanship, but it seems that other shows have kept contestants in after similar acts.  The only time (in my limited viewing) that I can think of a competitor being removed from a challenge was one season (don't know which one) on Survivor when Jeff Probst cautioned a tribe member for being excessively physical during a team challenge, then removed him from the challenge when he continued.  However, he did continue as a competitor, I just don't remember how much farther he advanced in the game.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 07:51:49 PM »
Episode Four Thoughts

Another good episode which I enjoyed! The Team Challenge consisting of delivering 100 hay bales was good to see and got quite competitive! Congratulations to Dirty Hands for winning the challenge! The Individual Challenge consisting of herding sheep into a pen gave me a laugh watching the team failing to her the sheep into the pen :funny: :lol:. The Overtime Challenge consisting of blacksmithing horseshoes was extremely competitive and interesting to watch and bad luck to Angel for "punching out"

Bring on next week! :) 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 01:46:11 AM by BourkieBoy »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 10:16:47 PM »
Episode Five Thoughts

This was my favorite episode of the season by far! The Team Challenge in preparing a stadium for the soccer match was so cool and awesome to watch, what a unique challenge! Congratulations to Dirty Hands for doing the groundmen's job! The Individual Challenge with building & placing stadium seats was another awesome challenge and it was sad to see Liz in the Bottom Two! The Overtime Challenge with beer was awesome as well (I'm a big beer fan!) and I was extremely sad to see Aracelis leave the competition, as she was one of my favorite contestants!

What a episode! Bring on the second half of the season like these episodes thank you!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 02:09:52 AM »
Episode Six Thoughts

Wow! I really liked this episode as well! The Team Challenge involving the mural painting was extremely unique and quite funny to watch, the Individual Challenge with the washing windows was one of the best challenges of the season so far, with memories of TAR29 and also TAR Australia 5. However, Patrick's injury was a real sour note on the competition. I wish nothing but the best for his recovery, I am disappointed that he won't be able to continue in the competition, I'm also disappointed that there was no Overtime challenge this episode due to his injury and I hope Toughs as Nails eventually has an All-Star season, so they can bring Patrick back for a second shot at winning!

Bring on Episode Seven! :)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2021, 12:36:47 AM »
Episode Seven Thoughts

Another awesome episode! The second half of the season's episodes have been the best ever of the series! The landscaping Team Challenge was extremely detailed and needed complete perfection, which I think was achieved! Congratulations to Dirty Hands for winning the challenge! The Individual Challenge involving orange picking was difficult then it was presented, due to needing to separate the large oranges from the small oranges. I also enjoyed the speed at which the contestants were able to pick the oranges, well done! Finally, the Overtime Challenge involving transferring water was extremely competitive to watch and bad luck to Merryl for punching out! 

Bring on Episode Eight! :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 09:30:49 PM »
I'm really enjoying this. After a slightly slow start I am invested in the players now. Fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 07:31:06 PM »
Episode Eight Thoughts

This episode was a little boring compared to the rest of the season? The Team Challenge involving searching through a car recycling plant was actually the most entertaining challenge of the episode, I enjoyed seeing all of the parts that make up a car and then driving the car through the wall of boxes was so bizarre and random, that I was hooked! The Individual Challenge consisting of draining oil from cars and transferring the oil wasn't that interesting to watch? Anyway, the Overtime Challenge involving removing parts from the engine was counter-productive and pointless, but it was a real shame to have to see "Knuckles" punch out!

Bring on Wednesday's penultimate episode and Happy Easter to all those on RFF! :)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2021, 06:50:51 PM »
Episode Nine Thoughts

This was an OK episode! The Team Challenge & Tiebreaker involving the returning contestants from Season 1 and installing 24 sheets of sheetrock onto a house frame was OK and congratulations to Savage Crew on taking out the win! The Individual Challenge involving finishing roofing over a shed was quite interesting, which a very good prize for the winner! Finally, the Overtime Challenge involving contestants needing to install a series of pipes so that the water from a shower, sink, and toilet could flow into a bucket was extremely competitive and bad luck to Iradia, who had made it this far, but fell just short of the finale!

Bring on the finale of Season 2 this week and I can't wait for Season 3, later in 2021?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 10:23:50 AM »
Really have to give it up to Phil & Co. considering all the craziness that happened on top of the pandemic. Two seasons in and the strongest aspect of this show is its casting. Compared to the first season, the challenges this season also felt more multi-faceted. Glad to see that it is getting at least two more seasons.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 02:11:07 PM »
I watched the first season getting a sense of TAN and how it worked.

With season 2, I was curious to what was changed, especially COVID-19 related, and as a whole the tasks were kicked up a notch. Thank heavens TAN doesn’t do eating challenges. It was interesting to see what they specifically kept in the show’s format, and how they dealt with the unexpected. Medical emergencies, whether in the casts or in their families is never fun, but these did have an impact. I had a sense at the end of the first episode that Scott was the one in particular to keep an eye on. It’s a sense I get with other CBS realty competition shots that usually do very well at the least, or win at the most. In any event, Phil and company really did have likeable and interesting casts both seasons.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 08:19:39 PM »
Episode 10/Finale Thoughts

What a way to end the season! First off, congratulations to Scott for pulling out a very well deserved win! The final Individual Challenge involving signaling a crane operator to move six metal beams to an iron structure and then putting an American flag and Christmas on top was a beautiful task and one of my favorite of the season. The final Overtime Challenge of the season was a little boring to tell the truth, it's not that interesting to watch teams climb to a top of a beam? Anyway, the Final Challenge involving the obstacle course involving tasks from the season was competitive as all hell and once again, congratulations to Scott for winning the $200,000 prize and the Ford Super Duty truck!

Bring on Seasons 3 & 4! :)