Author Topic: The Masked Singer  (Read 9351 times)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
The Masked Singer
« on: December 09, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »
I've been watching the most recent US season and noticed a lack of topics here regarding the show- is anybody watching it?

For those who don't know what it is:
It is a celebrity singing competition, where the weakest performer is voted off each week.  The twist is that the identity is kept a secret until they are eliminated, with each performing under elaborate costumes.  It was adapted from the Korean show 'King of Masked Singer,' which is very similar conceptually- just with a different competition format.

The franchise has taken off internationally, with seasons in France, Australia, Mexico, Germany, Bulgaria and the Netherlands already airing, with Spanish, UK, Italian, South American, South African, and more gearing up to premier early next year.

The U.S. version is currently on it's 2nd season, with 6 contestants remaining.

Love to see if anyone else has watched this yet, and what their thoughts are?  I guess mainly to see if anyone else is as hooked as I am :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Masked Singer
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
I've only watched a couple of times...but can see how it could be addicting! The unveilings always surprised me lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 04:39:51 AM »
I've been watching it.  The guessing is fun, but I keep talking myself out of who I think it is and a couple of times I was right.  Part of the problem with guessing is that I don't know who a lot of these people are.  I can't wait to see who the Fox is.  He sounds like Jamie Fox, but I think that would be a little too obvious.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 01:33:39 PM »
I've been watching it.  The guessing is fun, but I keep talking myself out of who I think it is and a couple of times I was right.  Part of the problem with guessing is that I don't know who a lot of these people are.  I can't wait to see who the Fox is.  He sounds like Jamie Fox, but I think that would be a little too obvious.

I wish they could get someone like Jamie Foxx- it would do so much to validate the show even further.  I just don't think the show is there yet- to pull in bigger names like his.  I could be wrong, and eating my shoe after Wednesday- but I'm just not sure they could get him this early on in seasons.

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 11:42:03 PM »
I'm literally obsessed with The Masked Singer! The last 2 seasons were my best so far after a 7-5 guess record in season 1. Right now I'm 2-2 after back to back wrong guesses. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the rest of the new season!
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 11:57:45 AM »
Just discovered today that TELEFE Network is going to launch its own version of this reality under the name "¿QUIÉN ES LA MÁSCARA?". I think it will air once the new season of THE VOICE is over.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez