Author Topic: 3 Countries in 7 days!  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
3 Countries in 7 days!
« on: May 03, 2023, 02:19:49 PM »
Hello everybody. Been a long time since ive been here. I just finished planning a trip for my wife and I. Still about 5 months away but I'm so excited! Were going to Dublin, then London, then Paris. Its going to be a non stop trip as we are trying to do everything we can. Were calling it our own practice for TAR. If anyone has any advice about these 3 locations, please feel free to share. I have most of it planned out already but if there's things that we MUST do, please let me know! I will continue to provide updates, and once the big trip happens, I will for sure share some pictures!
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: 3 Countries in 7 days!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 11:22:45 PM »
Sounds like a lovely trip! Three fantastic cities! We'll enjoy sharing in your trip!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 02:15:06 PM »
Nice! I will do the same in March 2024. Rome, Paris and Amsterdam.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 07:40:34 AM »
Sounds like a lovely trip! Three fantastic cities! We'll enjoy sharing in your trip!

Thanks Peach! im incredibly excited (and semi stressed) about it!
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 07:41:47 AM »
Nice! I will do the same in March 2024. Rome, Paris and Amsterdam.

Thats awesome! I think i might actually be doing Rome and other parts of Italy in March 2024 as well. What all are you planning on doing in Paris?

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 10:18:26 AM »
Providing an update since I have most everything scheduled!! Gonna just list each thing we are doing for each day:

Ireland Day 1:
St. Patrick's Cathedral
The Book of Kells Tour
Irish Whiskey Museum
(Dublin castle if we have time)

Ireland Day 2:
Were doing a Cliffs of Moher Tour (takes all Day)

London Day 1:
St Pauls Cathedral
Beefeater Tour/Tower of London
See the tower bridge, Monument of great fire of London, and abbey road

London Day 2:
Westminster Abbey
Maye watch the changing of the guards
See Big ben, Neals Yard, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square

Paris Day 1:
The Louvre
See the Arc De Triomphe, Effie tower, Pont Alexander Bridge

Paris Day 2:
We scheduled a Cheese and Wine walking tour through a neighborhood in Paris
ile De la city and Notre Dame
Luxembourg Gardens
Dinner Cruise

I know its busy busy busy but this could be the only time we ever go to these cities so we are trying to fit in as much as possible. Gonna be practice for amazing race ;)

Please let me know yalls thoughts if you have any, if we are missing anything, etc.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2023, 11:40:01 AM »
Sounds Amazing! You will lovelovelove the Cliffs of Moher!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2023, 01:36:50 PM »
Sounds Amazing! You will lovelovelove the Cliffs of Moher!

I'm so excited for that day. Well, I'm excited for all the days. But i am really really excited for that day.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 08:45:59 AM »
Anyone who has been to dublin.... is the dublin castle worth it? Trying to figure out if tis worth squeezing in, or if its missable. Feel free to DM me your experiences or photos of it!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 08:51:52 AM by Cyzoran »

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 09:36:53 AM »
Officially leaving in 2 weeks. I am incredibly excited as i've been thinking of this trip since February... also starting to get the pre trip nerves and jitters. Trying to make sure I've remembered every single detail

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 12:38:12 PM »
Hello All!

We are officially back from our trip! we are exhausted but we had an incredible time! Including a link that has some of the photos of the highlights of our trip! Please let me know if you have any questions, want to know any details, or even want more pictures!

https://imgur.com/gallery/mVSkbmR

Featured in photos (in order):

Ireland- St. Patrick's Cathedral, Trinity College Library, Irish Whiskey Museum, Cliffs of Moher, Burren National Park, Galway
England- St Paul's Cathedral (featuring the stairwell used for the divination stairwell in Harry Potter 3), The Tower of London, Tower Bridge,  Platform 9 and 3/4, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey,  Parliament, Neal's Yard, Buckingham Palace
France- Eiffel Tower,  Arc de Triomphe, Bustronome Restaurant (fine dining restaurant on a moving bus!), The Louvre, Local Bakery chocolate, meat, and cheese shop all featured in a food and wine tour, Notre Dame, Luxemburg Palace and garden

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2023, 02:19:46 PM »
Beautiful photos Cyzoran!! Looks like a lovely trip!

Thanks for sharing your photos...you went to some of my favorite places!
RFF's Golden Rule: