Author Topic: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? FALL 2020 +(Emmy SPEC HERE PLEASE)  (Read 33437 times)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air??
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2020, 12:02:52 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2020, 12:13:51 PM »
The new season of THE AMAZING RACE will premiere with a two-hour episode on Wednesday, May 20 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). THE AMAZING RACE assumes its regular Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period on May 27.

On the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, 11 new teams will begin their journey of a lifetime when host Phil Keoghan kicks off the 32nd edition from the
Show content
iconic Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles
. This season’s destinations include
Show content
Trinidad and Tobago, France, Germany, Kazakhstan and Brazil
, among others. The team that crosses the finish line first will be crowned the winners and receive the $1 million prize. This edition was filmed prior to the outbreak of the recent global pandemic.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2020, 01:47:48 PM »
I wonder if Leg 1 will be a 2 hour show of the premiere will include leg 2 aswell.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »
May 20 and Wednesday time slot? Holy moley! They've had a winter cycle since season 6. I still cannot believe they broke their cycle. Let me set my reminder.

Highly likely updater for the season here now that we're working from home! :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2020, 01:51:58 PM »
I wonder if Leg 1 will be a 2 hour show of the premiere will include leg 2 aswell.
I feel like it's going to be another TAR26-like premiere where they showed one leg, and not a very thrilling one, for 2 hours. :groan:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2020, 07:35:28 PM »
This is some very gigs news to uplift everyone’s spirits!  :conf: :cheer:

Getting Survivor’s empty slot is brilliant! That’s awesome news! I think Season 32 is going to be on the best in recent memory!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2020, 07:57:24 PM »
This is a great news!  :woohoo: :woohoo:

36 days to go for TAR 32!

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2020, 08:59:27 PM »
So... zero chance of an Emmy, correct?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2020, 09:53:20 PM »

Highly likely updater for the season here now that we're working from home! :lol:

:yourock: :wine:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2020, 09:58:12 PM »

Not so sure about that.... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2020, 09:47:16 AM »

:conf: Well the last four episodes of season 31 (legs 8 to 12) were aired after June 1, 2019. So..... those episodes can be in contention for the 2021 Emmys! Unless I'm missing something... :didimiss:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »
The new season of THE AMAZING RACE will premiere with a two-hour episode on Wednesday, May 20 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). THE AMAZING RACE assumes its regular Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period on May 27.

On the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, 11 new teams will begin their journey of a lifetime when host Phil Keoghan kicks off the 32nd edition from the
Show content
iconic Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles
. This season’s destinations include
Show content
Trinidad and Tobago, France, Germany, Kazakhstan and Brazil
, among others. The team that crosses the finish line first will be crowned the winners and receive the $1 million prize. This edition was filmed prior to the outbreak of the recent global pandemic.

This is literally one of the best news I’ve seen on my feed when I woke up this morning. Upon opening Instagram, the literal 1st post was Phil announcing the date.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2020, 01:52:08 PM »

Because of the coronavirus, the Emmys extended their hanging episodes deadline to June 30. So they'll have at least 6 episodes eligible (two-hour premiere counted as one episode).

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2020, 08:32:06 AM »
I'm now just patiently waiting for a preview, didn't really look at spoilers or pictures so only know what cities they're visiting, so excited.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »

Because of the coronavirus, the Emmys extended their hanging episodes deadline to June 30. So they'll have at least 6 episodes eligible (two-hour premiere counted as one episode).

No idea how, but I am told that ALL episodes can be considered. FWIW.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? MAY 20!
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2020, 01:46:56 AM »
Miracle do exist people....
Swarm stupidity

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »

No idea how, but I am told that ALL episodes can be considered. FWIW.
Apparently, from Deadline:
Hanging episodes, those episodes currently outside the current year's eligibility, will now be eligible if they are broadcast or posted on a member-accessible platform, including the network's streaming platform or the Television Academy's own platform in their final form by May 31, 2020.

So basically, make all the episodes available to voters even if they haven't aired or posted anywhere else.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2020, 01:08:02 AM »
Actually, this article on 17 December 2019 from Deadline is outdated. It states that the 2020 Emmy Awards hanging episodes deadline is 31 May, which is no longer the case.

The up-to-date information is at this article on 27 March 2020 from Deadline which states:

The Television Academy is adjusting the eligibility and voting deadlines for this year’s Primetime Emmy Awards calendar in response to concerns made by TV communication executives and awards strategists in the current coronavirus climate. ... Also being extended is the eligibility date for hanging episodes for regular series and limited series, as the TV Academy takes into account production and programming delays. Now, all hanging episodes must broadcast or post on an accessible platform by June 30, instead of May 31. Both regular and limited series must still premiere by the end of this year’s eligibility date, which remains May 31. A minimum of six episodes continues to be required for a show to be qualified in the series category. A limited series in its entirety must air or post on a platform before June 30, and if it doesn’t, the limited series will qualify in the 2020-2021 Emmy year.

So essentially, as long as a television show premieres on or before 31 May, and then goes on to air six episodes by 30 June, it will qualify for the 2020 Emmys. If it does not meet those two requirements, it will instead only qualify for the 2021 Emmys.

The Amazing Race 32 meets the 2020 Emmy requirements because:

Season premiere: Airing 20 May | Check
Sixth episode: Airing 24 June | Check

20 and 27 May along with 3, 10, 17, and 24 June are the dates of the six Wednesdays that The Amazing Race 32 will air. That meets both requirements with the premiere before 31 May and six episodes aired before 30 June.

The Amazing Race 32 (at least the first six episodes) will be eligible for the 2020 Emmys.

In fact, The Amazing Race 31 also qualifies for the 2020 Emmys with four of their episodes because they aired after last years Emmys deadline of 31 May 2019. Those four episodes are: (episode 8: "You're the Apple in My Eye (Switzerland)," episode 9: "Let's Split! (Switzerland to Croatia)," episode 10: "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo! (Croatia to Netherlands)," and episode 11 "This One is For One Million Dollars (Netherlands to United Kingdom to United States)." 

So to summarize, The Amazing Race US will have ten whole episodes to choose from for their 2020 Emmy submission!  :conf:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 01:13:05 AM by OMGitsGARRET »

Offline panikmoon

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? MAY 20!(+Emmy spec)
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2020, 03:25:09 AM »
It's unfortunate that TAR 33 is suspended, BUT I'm so glad we'll be getting TAR 32 especially during this whole pandemic. I feel like its been too long  :lol: so bring on May 20th!

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 32 Premiere Date Postponed
« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2020, 05:55:02 PM »
I also just realized that now TAR32 will be ineligible for the 2020 Emmy's.  :'(

Does anyone know if the last four episodes of TAR31 would be eligible, since that aired after the cutoff date of the 2019 Emmy's? I thought the rule was a show had to air at least six episodes of the season to have it be considered, but TAR31 only aired four after the deadline... so I'm not sure if it will be considered or not. Does anyone have any information or predictions on this? It would be a huge loss if this is the first year that TAR is never even nominated for an Emmy.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Re: TAR 32 Premiere Date Postponed
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2020, 06:57:04 PM »
I think I read here at RFF that the TAR 31 episodes aired after the cutoff for the 2019 Emmys would be eligible for the 2020 Emmys. But don’t hold me to that.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? WHO KNOWS?? +Emmy spec)
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »
LATEST info on the POSTPONEMENT is HERE:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,36256.0.html

Feel free to CONTINUE the EMMY spec HERE.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? FALL 2020 +(Emmy SPEC HERE PLEASE)
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2020, 04:01:12 PM »

Take it FWIW>…

But hearing thru the Grapevine that is all is not lost for an EMMY NOM.

32 is sadly not going to meet the Deadlines...

BUT it appears that the last 4 episodes of TAR 31 MAY be eligible.

Fingers crossed that this is possible!!  :2hearts: :)x :2hearts:

And...could Survivor 40 get its first nomination in a good while?  Buzz is saying ...maybe yes!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2020, 02:45:57 PM »
CBS announced today the fall timeslot for the Race, it’s currently scheduled to air behind Survivor on Wednesdays at 9 PM. I assume it will be bumped up to 8 PM if Survivor doesn’t get to film in time, but either way we have a great timeslot.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/cbs-fall-2020-2021-schedule-upfront-minimal-changes-summer-production-restart-swat-held-midseason-the-equalizer-b-positive-1202938300/

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2020, 02:55:58 PM »
Definitely a very optimistic view from CBS. And they're also careful to note that their "Fall" season could start on schedule at the end of September or much later than that.

The only sure thing is TAR is the only show ready to go at the moment and could be the only show ready by the traditional start of the Fall season. So its Fall slot is absolutely secure, even if TAR ends up being one of the very few (if not only) show with fresh, new episodes on CBS primetime.