Author Topic: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? FALL 2020 +(Emmy SPEC HERE PLEASE)  (Read 33598 times)

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air??
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2020, 02:20:42 PM »
Maybe CBS would throw the contestants a bone and give them the money (probably with new NDAS) so they don't have to wait forever for it....

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2020, 03:30:04 PM »
Is it possible that TAR32 will air after TAR33 has already been filmed, because CBS ‘loves to have a season in the can?’ ???

Personally, I think we might air in Survivor’s timeslot after Winners of War wraps in about 15/16 weeks time. We then have TAR33 filmed and ready to go, as TheRabbi posted in their post! :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2020, 05:14:18 PM »
Maybe CBS would throw the contestants a bone and give them the money (probably with new NDAS) so they don't have to wait forever for it....

Nope.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »
Is it possible that TAR32 will air after TAR33 has already been filmed, because CBS ‘loves to have a season in the can?’ ???

Personally, I think we might air in Survivor’s timeslot after Winners of War wraps in about 15/16 weeks time. We then have TAR33 filmed and ready to go, as TheRabbi posted in their post! :)

It isn't going to air before unless something major changes...

I'd love us to take the Survivor slot.... or follow them in that time slot!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2020, 01:28:40 AM »
As I pointed out on different media, a WGA strike this spring wouldn’t affect anything airing anything before fall, and if a show has been renewed or given a series order scripts are already being written for filming. Whether filming would be delayed is hard to say, shows can start filming earlier so something is available in case of a strike. The one reason the contract expires on May 1st this time is because the last strike left the networks trying to fill time from late fall into early summer. It was a long strike, and programming was a mess until the following season. This was why Big Brother had a winter season during that strike, and TAR was definitely needed with some extra episodes but not extra legs.
If a strike occurs it’s possible TAR 32 might air later than in early summer, TAR 33 might be needed in the fall and CBS would possible order a returning racer season of some kind (I.e. returning champions)  as the on the shelf product since casting would likely be faster and sped up production. We’ll just have to monitor things. Once those strike start one never knows how long it’ll take to settle.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:34:45 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2020, 09:18:48 AM »
If there's a writer's strike I'd guess they'll try to get 34 scheduled pretty quick bc that means 33 will probably air this time next year and they always like to have one in the can.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2020, 10:38:55 AM »
As I pointed out on different media, a WGA strike this spring wouldn’t affect anything airing anything before fall, and if a show has been renewed or given a series order scripts are already being written for filming. Whether filming would be delayed is hard to say, shows can start filming earlier so something is available in case of a strike. The one reason the contract expires in June this time is because the last strike left the networks trying to fill time from late fall into early summer. It was a long strike, and programming was a mess until the following season. This was why Big Brother had a winter season during that strike, and TAR was definitely needed with some extra episodes but not extra legs.
If a strike occurs it’s possible TAR 32 might air later than in early summer, TAR 33 might be needed in the fall and CBS would possible order a returning racer season of some kind (I.e. returning champions)  as the on the shelf product since casting would likely be faster and sped up production. We’ll just have to monitor things. Once those strike start one never knows how long it’ll take to settle.

Always good insights! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2020, 12:46:22 PM »
As I pointed out on different media, a WGA strike this spring wouldn’t affect anything airing anything before fall, and if a show has been renewed or given a series order scripts are already being written for filming. Whether filming would be delayed is hard to say, shows can start filming earlier so something is available in case of a strike. The one reason the contract expires in June this time is because the last strike left the networks trying to fill time from late fall into early summer. It was a long strike, and programming was a mess until the following season. This was why Big Brother had a winter season during that strike, and TAR was definitely needed with some extra episodes but not extra legs.

I'm sure they probably don't want to do two returnee seasons so close together but if there's a strike, idk how they have another option.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2020, 03:53:06 PM »
There is NO evidence for a returnee season.

And a writers strike would have NO effect on who could be casted.

Please guys. You are welcome to speculate until the cows come home.

But PLEASE do not present your own SPEC as FACT.

If you have strong reason to believe something, spell out why you think that.

If it is private you can always message me.

:ghug:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:58:43 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2020, 11:14:11 AM »
Seeing the cast, Bertram, Elise and Phil having to possibly wait longer than 2 years to be able to talk about their castmates, their journeys, and receive their prizes is beyond maddening.

Bertram, Elise, and Phil have been doing this job for nearly twenty years.  I'm confident they're not chuffed about having to wait to talk about a cast/race.  It's literally their job to produce the show, and when this shows up, they will produce more.  They aren't chomping at the bit, and to be worried about them is just displacing your own anxiety over not having 11 or 12 new episodes of the race.  It will air.  If it's longer, then so be it.

Being concerned about the cast is also a bit weird.  They are fully in the know about their prizes being dispensed upon airing.  They've signed contracts for that.  The race is done and the winners know they are getting money.  It's not like they're on the edge of their seats; they just need the same patience.  I get people wanting more episodes, but turning this around and being concerned for people that-- if not for spoilers-- we haven't even seen is a bit bonkers.

CBS has had a huge internal shift and with that comes new people with new ideas.  If they want to take a chance on Love Island (which is a major ratings hit overseas) then that makes a lot of sense.  The ratings for the U.S. version were fine for a summer show if not consistent on top of which it's cheap to make.  TAR is in the can; it will air when it airs.  And production is confident they're making a 33rd.

their flippant decision to place it on the Friday death slot in the mid-2010s strained the ties they had with the show.

Sorry to ask, but 'huh?'  If those were strained that badly, we wouldn't have had seasons beyond those.  CBS puts the show where they need to.  The show never died.  In fact, it's moved from Fridays since.

Everything in this post is a diatribe against CBS over mistreatment of a property that the network has been handling for 19 years and continues to.  You flip back and forth between worrying about players and crew (which means you want episodes) and crying out that CBS is a bad home for it (which means you'd rather CBS not air it?).  I promise I'm not some sort of CBS shill or something, but this is literally just a TV show.  Life goes on.  TAR isn't going anywhere, but to have literal outrage for the network making the show demanding that they air it is insane.  The show isn't ours-- it's theirs.  They are not beholden to us.  Frankly, if they decide not to air it at all, that's well within their means.  Then what?  It's all good because they'll have given their answer and spare the cast and crew the worry?  They won't have to mishandle it anymore?  Phew.  Problem solved.

I know this is taking things to a bit of an extreme, but frankly, this overwhelming disdain, finger-pointing, and worry for the cast and crew over the inevitable airing of a reality TV show is equally extreme.  There's so much more to worry about in life.  Not to mention episodes of TARCAN, TARAU, and others continuing to be produced.  Last year had more TAR than a typical year.  And still it's not enough.

I think this is a very unnecessary response.

I don't know why fans shouldn't be upset with how the show has been treated by CBS. TAR has won CBS Emmy's many times and is nominated every year since 2003. The show has aired for 18 and a half years now. The ratings over that time have been extremely consistent, except for a few seasons.

It is true that the ratings have lost some steam since season 23. I don't know how you couldn't say thats in large part due to when it's aired. In season 23, it kept its normal time slot on Sunday's at 8PM, but not once that season did it actually start at 8PM. I don't believe that had ever happened for a TAR season where it aired later than scheduled every episode of the season. That certainly effects the ratings of a TV show when it doesn't start on time, and often you don't know in advance when it will start. In Season 24, the ratings were the exact same as 23, but  neither season the ratings were that significant of a drop from what it was in 22. Following that season, CBS switched its time slot and it saw a significant drop. The time slots have varied since, and the ratings have been worse since. Has the show lost its fan base? I don't think it has, given it has maintained a very steady range over various time slots since. What the show has lacked is the casual network television fans. It's a lot easier to get better ratings in that regard when you are in one of the best time slots as opposed to some of the worst time slots.

You are right that its CBS show, but I think the show's performance over the years for the Network should've garnered it more respect in how CBS has dealt with it the last 10 seasons. That goes towards how they deal with those who work on the show and its fans. New management at CBS should not have any impact on how those two groups are treated. If the company does not know they need to show some basic respect for those two groups, they aren't running their company very well and their reign of success will be a very short one, in my opinion.

I don't think its unreasonable to give the show a consistent time slot twice a year. I don't watch that much network television, so I can't tell you exactly which shows it should replace, but I've watched enough network television to know that many of these shows do not last and there are new shows every television cycle. To think that there is no room for TAR to have a reasonable and consistent time slot twice a year is something I simply don't agree with.

I would rather have the show air than not air, so I'm not suggesting they need to give into the demands of the fans, but I also think the show should expect better than how the last 10 seasons has went from CBS's standpoint. If the production staff of the show was upset at how CBS has dealt with them and didn't want to produce the show anymore for CBS, I couldn't blame them. I would expect more respect from CBS for giving them such a successful show on their network for nearly 20 years.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2020, 07:15:51 PM »
IF/when TAR 33 is in the can and looks promising....

It could possibly air in March...

Otherwise likely summertime.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2020, 08:46:52 AM »
Love Island US will premiere on Thursday May 21st at 8/7c with a 2 hour premiere. Following that, it will air new episodes weeknights (Monday-Friday) at 8/7c. They will also air a Saturday recap show also at 8/7c

Possible time slot for TAR: Maybe Mondays at 9/8c? CBS' current drama All Rise only has 6 episodes left and they'll need something there

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2020, 09:57:22 AM »
Love Island US will premiere on Thursday May 21st at 8/7c with a 2 hour premiere. Following that, it will air new episodes weeknights (Monday-Friday) at 8/7c. They will also air a Saturday recap show also at 8/7c

Possible time slot for TAR: Maybe Mondays at 9/8c? CBS' current drama All Rise only has 6 episodes left and they'll need something there

I've been eyeing Mondays at 9 as well. All Rise will air its 16th episode this coming Monday (futoncritic is a great source for this stuff: http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/all-rise/listings/ ). While the total episode count isn't known, it will be 22 or less. However, futoncritic also says the next 2 Mondays have reruns locked in, so maybe they are content to ride out alternating reruns with new episodes til May. My initial bet was Wednesdayat at 8 after Survivor, which now appears to be out. So maybe it will get a 9 PM slot on some night, or maybe CBS really does want to hang on to it for the fall in case of a writers strike.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2020, 05:33:46 PM »
It’s been nearly a year since “The Amazing Race 31” debuted, but Season 32 still doesn’t have a premiere date yet. It’s not all bad news, though, since the 32nd installment is already in the can. Here’s everything we know so far about the Emmy-winning series as we wait for the next trip around the world.

It’s already been filmed
Season 32 was filmed from Nov. 9-Dec. 3, 2018. Phil Keoghan told us in June that he was in post-production, so that means they are totally done by now and the season is ready to go when it gets a date.

The season ends in NOLA
The finish line is at the Superdome in New Orleans. The start line is once again in Los Angeles.

It will premiere in the next six months
While we don’t have a premiere date, we do have a timeframe because for the fourth consecutive year, “The Amazing Race” is a midseason replacement. In the past few years, CBS has called up “Race” to pinch-hit when a new show faltered (see: last year when it moved up its premiere from May 22 to April 17 to replace the low-rated and quickly canceled “Million Dollar Mile”). CBS has scheduled and/or has premiered most of its midseason shows already, which is no doubt frustrating for “Race” fans. Creators and executive producers Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri told Reality Blurred in January that they believe the season will premiere by the summer. “I would say in the next six months it’ll be airing,” Doganieri said. “They haven’t given us a date. We’ve been hearing rumors, too!” Added van Munster: “We don’t know anything else.” Yes, this also means Season 32 will air more than a year after it filmed, the longest gap the show has experienced. Season 31 was filmed over three weeks in June and July 2018 and premiered 10 months later. And yes, this also means that “Race” could miss the Emmys this year if it doesn’t make the May 31 deadline. It was expected to last year until the premiere date was moved up.

It’s all newbies
After a reality smackdown last season with “Race,” “Big Brother” and “Survivor” alums, Season 32 will feature a brand new cast. However, there may be some names you might recognize from these people’s day jobs.

The season is going “back to basics”
“Race” has experimented with a bunch themes in recent years — blind dates, strangers, social media stars, reality showdown — but Keoghan says Season 32 was about focusing on what has always made it work and endure versus trying to come up with a new twist. “We’re wanting to get back to a lot of the core elements of ‘Race,’ having come off this season where we pulled in people from various seasons from different shows. We went back to basics for 32” he told us last year. “All the things to me that make the show work. Everybody always says, ‘What’s new and different?’ But at the end of the day, fans like the fact that there are certain things they can expect from the show and they want to see those things again and again. And there’s nothing wrong with that. If you look at shows with incredible longevity, they’re the shows that keep giving fans what they want. So I don’t think we always have to be changing the core concept of what ‘Race’ is all about. It’s so good at a fundamental level. Why mess with something that everybody loves?”

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/the-amazing-race-32-premiere-date-spoilers-everything-to-know/

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2020, 08:39:57 PM »
Would it be possible to just put TAR in the Survivor slots in the summer and winter? I hate the fact that TAR is always the one in limbo, and not Survivor.  :groan:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »
Problem is that unless Survivor doubles up some more episodes for broadcast each season, there aren’t enough weeks in the year for both shows in that spot. And neither show does as well at 9pm than at 8pm.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2020, 11:05:23 PM »
I saw that CBS announced April 3rd as the finale date for Hawaii 5-O. Does this free up a slot for TAR 32?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2020, 11:41:31 PM »
Friday would be a meh timeslot though.

But with all the attention TAR got today, it would be a good idea to announce a premiere date soon.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2020, 11:45:45 PM »
All of the upcoming time slots will be occupied as the spring premiere of Magnum P.I. will be on April 10. No wonder how TAR 32 still to be given a premiere date.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:49:49 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #119 on: February 29, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »
All of the upcoming time slots will be occupied as the spring premiere of Magnum P.I. will be on April 10. No wonder how TAR 32 still to be given a premiere date.
Possibly silly question, but do you think CBS could get fined by World Race Productions for not fitting TAR into their schedules? 32 is past due and there's no signal of the heads of programming giving the season the "go" to air. It's just being shelved like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer/Frosty that gets played by them every holiday season.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2020, 08:24:50 AM »
NO>

CBS values TAR. Without them there is no TAR although my guess is ABC would be interested.

The decision about when to air is complex and includes many factors.
That decision is CBS not WRP. Why would WRP want to fine CBS? Counterproductive in every way.
TAR is a pinch hitter.
Right now I think it was being held until we had another one ready. Since that is now a problem, I don't  know.

Could air May -ish, could be held for the possible fall writers strike.

We just do NOT know.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2020, 09:00:15 AM »
If CBS really valued us then we would have aired by now. Just disappointing that this thread should even exist. We shouldn't have to worry about when TAR airs, but here we are.

The original TARUS remains one of the most important shows to ever impact my life, but it's just sad watching the show be on what is essentially life support at this point. Even Love Island is getting treated better despite doing very poorly, even getting an embarrassing six days-a-week timeslot.

There is tough love, and there is outright neglect from CBS. Not even having the episodes on All-Access for older seasons is quite frankly embarrassing. I can't even watch TAR31 on there if I wanted to. No matter how well the seasons that do air do in the ratings, we've been delegated to a permanent nearly one year wait every time, if not more.

Never thought I'd say this, but after 31 seasons... I'm pretty sure I'm out after 32.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2020, 11:19:23 AM »
CBS does not have sole control over access.
I think there are other factors involved in that.

Am told that the new CBS team is VERY much onboard for TAR.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2020, 11:36:57 PM »
Re WGA contract talks from Deadline.com:

The WGA will begin bargaining March 23 for a new film and TV contract with management's Alliance of Motion Pictures & Television Producers, Deadline has confirmed. The guild's current contract expires May 1.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2020, 01:18:13 AM »
IF/when TAR 33 is in the can and looks promising....

It could possibly air in March...

Otherwise likely summertime.

Oh i miss this one, so S32 will be on summer eh?
playing outside all day long, and then watch the amazing race in evening
oh summer how can i not love u
on the other hand, who's the idiot who invent rainy season in the first place?
Swarm stupidity