Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 586288 times)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #850 on: June 19, 2018, 09:19:54 AM »
The only team we are 100% positive is going to Dubai is Team Fun.

Colin/Christie, Victor/Nicole, Janelle/Britney too

The questions:
Is the pink hat really Eliza?
When Tyler took that picture with that girl, why was he so ahead of the other teams? Was he departing to Dubai or the sequester?
Where are Rachel/Elissa and Brett/Chris?
Did the Afghanimals really get a boot in Laos? Or was the person sitting on the bus in red t-shirt one of them?

If the guy with red shirt doesn't match with the previous teams' sightings pics, then it's not them.

The afghanimals started the race wearing red shirts. And that person sitting was holding a clue.

maybe they were booted in HCMC?

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #851 on: June 19, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »
Colin/Christie, Victor/Nicole, and Team Fun seem to be getting along well, and if they are ahead of the pack, then when we get to U-turn, Rachel/Elissa, Janelle/Britney, or Eliza/Corinne might get in trouble.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #852 on: June 19, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »
wait, I have a Q: I may have missed it, but did the Team Fun sighting have their camera crews with them?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #853 on: June 19, 2018, 09:23:10 AM »
IIRC, there was a flight direct from HCMC to Dubai, so why did teams connect through BKK?

Probably to let Phil and company get ahead... :duno:
They may be on flight from BKK to DBX that arrives 19:45+4.
TG 517 Thai Airways International BKK Bangkok dep 16:20 +07 arrives  DXB Dubai 19:45 +04 (11:45 eastern time)
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #854 on: June 19, 2018, 09:24:50 AM »
wait, I have a Q: I may have missed it, but did the Team Fun sighting have their camera crews with them?

There was a cameraman further ahead in the line.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #855 on: June 19, 2018, 09:24:55 AM »
Leafsfan, I'm with you.  I've checked flights to lots of destinations and there are none that I can find that would require a connection in Bangkok to get to Dubai from Ho Chi Minh, unless they departed Ho Chi Minh on a low cost carrier like Air Asia, and then had to change airports in Bangkok to connect with their flight to Dubai, but that seems stupid and risky, I can't imagine any racers taking that option when there was a nonstop to Dubai with space on it.
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline westsidesteel

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #856 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:13 AM »
Victor and Brittany???

Nicole has ALOT of fans! All of the racers deserve the same respect  :idgit

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #857 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:23 AM »

There was a cameraman further ahead in the line.
thanks!
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #858 on: June 19, 2018, 09:34:51 AM »
if they are heading to Dubai, we really should keep an eye on all the waterslides; there's a good chance we'll have another clue there :dick
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #859 on: June 19, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
Looks like the gray backpack has a white side stripe and white extended pouch which would match Nicole.  The guy in gray jeans with the dark backpack just might be Victor since he carries a very dark blue/black pack.  Just pass this guys right shoulder is a passenger with lighter hair wearing a black tank similar to Tyler plus wearing black tennis shoes with while trim, and Korey just might be the person next to his right.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:42:22 AM by Piper »

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #860 on: June 19, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »
if they are heading to Dubai, we really should keep an eye on all the waterslides; there's a good chance we'll have another clue there :dick

They need to stop doing water slide challenges in the middle east  :funny:

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #861 on: June 19, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »
I blew up red shirt area of bus photo... JMO but based on the knees, the beard and hair color, I believe it's Victor.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #862 on: June 19, 2018, 09:41:51 AM »
Víctor is very clearly wearing purple in other photos taken that day

I think there’s even a video of them getting off the bus with Floyd- wearing purple

Offline kelkin111

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #863 on: June 19, 2018, 09:46:21 AM »
Agreed definitely not Victor. Could it be Korey?

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #864 on: June 19, 2018, 09:47:58 AM »
Víctor is very clearly wearing purple in other photos taken that day

I think there’s even a video of them getting off the bus with Floyd- wearing purple

Yes, but I have seen all the teams in other colors besides their designated ones. Not sure if its on purpose to throw people off. Besides it's easy the throw on another shirt, especially guys. I dunno. But the dark hair/beard, the fullness of the beard, the bumpy knees, just looks more like Vic than the others guys, to me at least.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #865 on: June 19, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
I blew up red shirt area of bus photo... JMO but based on the knees, the beard and hair color, I believe it's Victor.

Victor is on the bus at the same time standing wearing a purple shirt

Offline BBFan86

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #866 on: June 19, 2018, 09:51:04 AM »
I have a question I guess it would help determine who’s the mystery red shirt guy. My question does Production also carry backpacks because the backpack in front of the red shirt guy, if it’s his and not Production it could be Korey? Tyler’s backpack (I’m assuming Korey has the same) has a grey line on the straps while both Jamal & Leo backpack strap are solid black.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #867 on: June 19, 2018, 10:00:26 AM »
another Q also because at this point we can't safely rule anyone out yet because we don't know how many legs there's been: are we sure that Art & JJ didn't make it to Laos or is it just an assumption because we spotted the other 10 already?

also:

Jamal's shirt here matches the red shirt in the photo, no (at least from a color / sleeve length point of view)?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #868 on: June 19, 2018, 10:15:08 AM »
Victor and Brittany???

Nicole has ALOT of fans! All of the racers deserve the same respect  :idgit

Yeah, not referring to you in specific, but all the preference stuff (like the anti-nicole, anti chris/bret, etc.) should really go in the BMS thread

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #869 on: June 19, 2018, 10:16:04 AM »
Is it just me, or do they look somehow younger? :lol:

Jamal has less hair than in both of the previous races and Leo has more, sure makes a difference this way.

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #870 on: June 19, 2018, 10:20:49 AM »
any idea what time there arrive in dubai? UAE time.
Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline gosha

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #871 on: June 19, 2018, 10:22:57 AM »
Leafsfan, I'm with you.  I've checked flights to lots of destinations and there are none that I can find that would require a connection in Bangkok to get to Dubai from Ho Chi Minh, unless they departed Ho Chi Minh on a low cost carrier like Air Asia, and then had to change airports in Bangkok to connect with their flight to Dubai, but that seems stupid and risky, I can't imagine any racers taking that option when there was a nonstop to Dubai with space on it.

The Nicole/Vic and Colin/Christy pic says it was taken in Vietnam airport.  Then said that Sue said they were going to Dubai.   So, they may have taken direct flight.    The Team Fun, Brittany/Janelle, and possible other teams, took VietAir Jet to Bangkok based on info/pic from mish_hay.  And then it's assumed went to Dubai, if I'm following the info correctly.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #872 on: June 19, 2018, 10:25:26 AM »

The Nicole/Vic and Colin/Christy pic says it was taken in Vietnam airport.  Then said that Sue said they were going to Dubai.   So, they may have taken direct flight.    The Team Fun, Brittany/Janelle, and possible other teams, took VietAir Jet to Bangkok based on info/pic from mish_hay.  And then it's assumed went to Dubai, if I'm following the info correctly.

Are we sure Dubai is the location of the next leg or is it possible that some teams connected to somewhere through Bangkok and others connected through Dubai

Offline TeamVicoleFan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #873 on: June 19, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »

Do we think that possibly Nicole/Vic and Colin/Christie were in the lead and got a direct flight to Dubai while the others had to take a flight with connections?

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #874 on: June 19, 2018, 10:33:58 AM »
They have the PERFECT opportunity to go to Qatar, but they go to Dubai again! :res:

And this will be Tyler & Korey's 2nd time to visit Dubai... :res:

And Colin & Christie's second time. Same for Afghanimals if they are still in somehow

Afghanimals did visit U.A.E. but in different places which were Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.

But didnt fly into Dubai and visit the Grand Mosque?

No, they went to Abu Dhabi.

How likely is it that this Dubai thing is a connection to Muscat?