Author Topic: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**  (Read 108619 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**
« Reply #400 on: June 21, 2014, 09:28:48 AM »
I think that Amy & Maya will win because co-ed teams never win in season (US Version) with 9th place NEL. Look at TAR 9, 17, 18, , they have FF or MM winners. I SO MADLY WANT AMAYA TO WIN TAR 25. THIS.  :conf:  :hearts:  :luvya:  :hrt:

How sure are you that there's a 9th place NEL? Michael & Scott haven't been seen since the Shetland Islands leg, they could have been eliminated there. But I'm with you. I hope that Amy & Maya get into the Final 3 and win :hoot:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #401 on: June 21, 2014, 10:53:55 AM »
Bindono has so much culture and heritage + used for the now dead jobby Tara fantasy game lol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #402 on: June 21, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »
I wanna go to the airport and check out which teams made it to the F3, but I don't have the time and transportation to do so. :(

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #403 on: June 21, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »
Spec is saying the final leg might be in LA... typical...  :gaah:
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #404 on: June 21, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »
Finale memory task: Guess the amount of TAR seasons that have been to LA. All three teams guess that all the seasons have been to LA, but they get shocked that a few seasons didn't go there and spend hours figuring out which ones

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #405 on: June 21, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »
Finale memory task: Guess the amount of TAR seasons that have been to LA. All three teams guess that all the seasons have been to LA, but they get shocked that a few seasons didn't go there and spend hours figuring out which ones

L<3ve that idea ;D

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #406 on: June 21, 2014, 04:21:34 PM »
A picture of Keith & Whitney in Marrakesh, Morocco showed it was night, but teams were there in the day, so the leg might have just ran for too long.

Sightings in Malta indicate teams were in the streets at around 1 in the morning, but they could have been stopped by HoO at anywhere.

So far I think those are our possible night legs.

Wasn't the Kopenhagen also at night?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #407 on: June 21, 2014, 05:25:03 PM »
Partly. There werebsightings in CPH airport, then Mälmo, and then at night back in Copenhagen, IIRC. So something was probably done at night in there.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #408 on: June 21, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »
Sigh oh goodness an amazing route and it all has to end in LA really?  Nothing against LA but its been visited as a starting and finish line too many times. I really wanted a Phoenix AZ finale or even Seattle would have been better than LA oh well.   :iok

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #409 on: June 21, 2014, 07:07:48 PM »
As long as the finale LEG DESIGN is good, they can end it anywhere wherever, I don't care.

The TAR22-24 finales have all been stupidly tragic, hopefully we have a GOOD finale leg like TAR21.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #410 on: June 21, 2014, 07:17:23 PM »
The problem with LA is not only being overused, but look what they did the last time LA was the final leg  (:;)
But the location is sort of important, maybe just behind what teams make to the final 3 and the tasks
Hopefully we can see a final task like the one in TAR9 and TAR12 - I think the one on TAR12 was the best one ever?

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #411 on: June 21, 2014, 07:34:33 PM »
My favorite memory task was the Hello Goodbye Roadblock in season 21. I do have a soft spot for language tasks :D
But season 12's memory task was the most challenging in my opinion.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #412 on: June 21, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »
This has been the best route since TAR17 and just like that season did, the race could ultimately finish in the most repetitive place possible for TAR to travel to at this moment. Hopefully the Phil plane photo is only a connection to a different city.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, FL 2024, IL all the time)

Offline TerraformingYou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #413 on: June 21, 2014, 08:11:24 PM »
So assuming the final city is LA and we know all the legs (because some think we're missing a couple), TAR 25 covers roughly 30,000 miles in 4 continents?

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #414 on: June 21, 2014, 10:03:10 PM »
I think this route was great too overall, the final 5 teams seem great too, so I am expecting a great season coming up to forget about the tragedy of the last one. Hopefully they get rid of the speed bumps and bring back at least 2 fast forwards

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #415 on: June 22, 2014, 12:13:49 AM »
so disappointed if the race ended in LA, but last time the race ended there (TAR 17) a female-female team won. Hopefully Amy & Maya make it to the final 3 and win  :hoot: :hoot: :yess: :yess:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #416 on: June 22, 2014, 02:07:08 AM »
Location is Hong Kong International Airport

I'M GOING TO BITCH MOAN SQUEAL MYSELF TO DEATH. :'(

I just came back from Hong Kong this morning and WHERE WAS PHIL? TAR came to my country and I was in another country, then when Phil did a transit in Hong Kong....................... I MISSED HIM.

Just kill me right now. BYE.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: June 22, 2014, 02:14:07 AM »
I just rewatched TAR 3 Leg 3 in Caimbridge. I'm still laughing with Ken & Gerard in the punting Detour. I hope they have done something similar in Oxford, it will be hilarious.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #418 on: June 22, 2014, 06:45:19 AM »
As long as the finale LEG DESIGN is good, they can end it anywhere wherever, I don't care.

The TAR22-24 finales have all been stupidly tragic, hopefully we have a GOOD finale leg like TAR21.
I agree, I'd rather have a good leg than a new destination.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #419 on: June 22, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »

Why not both? ;)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2014, 07:33:46 AM »

Why not both? ;)
Well, I've been hoping for a finale in Salt Lake City for years..! Although maybe we won't see it this time, but maybe we'll see it on future season. :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2014, 08:01:34 AM »

Why not both? ;)
I'd love both, but if it was an OR question, I'd choose good leg
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »
Bitching because I can't believe the teams were in Singapore and I wasn't even aware of it!  :( Ugh, sucks to be stuck in camp.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2014, 08:52:03 AM »

Why not both? ;)
THIS. It's gotten to the point that Los Angeles is the definition of a surfeit and the location itself has been pretty predictable. I've just grown tired of it being constantly favored. Besides, I think TAR has visited every tourist and cultural hotspot available in L.A. County considering they've traveled to a Chinese temple in a residential neighborhood and a random highway bridge that apparently didn't need further introduction.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, FL 2024, IL all the time)

Offline taylorshank

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #424 on: June 22, 2014, 10:05:10 AM »
It has to do with budget. Start and end locations require a much larger footprint and require more moving parts than regular episodes. The save a lot of money with a LA start/finish (don't have to travel and house production staff and equipment).