Author Topic: TAR 19 Contestant Speculation and Spoilers  (Read 237692 times)

livelaughlove

Re: TAR 19 Contestant Speculation and Spoilers
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2011, 07:20:17 PM »
..delete

Milanissimo, why did you delete your post? How did you hear about name removed
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:21:37 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
..delete

Milanissimo, why did you delete your post? How did you hear about name removed

Well...I did not see the original post, but I am sure he had an excellent reason. As I am sure YOU must have an excellent reason for bringing this back to our attention now.

But having said that, some digging brings up this

Sigh, I really liked my imaginary totally not right contestant. Darn.

removed to protect the innocent. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:25:36 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2011, 09:20:30 PM »
edited because this was a comment reacting to what Peach edited out for her own post.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:39:19 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:28 PM »
and the man next to her is a far match to name removed her husband. No match.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:26:28 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »
Agreed, Not the husband.

But to my eye this is a very close match?? Can anyone find another match to one of our contestants??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

livelaughlove

« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2011, 01:05:10 AM »

Here's the thing. ...... Thats' why her picture Milanissimo posted, looked familiar.

info removed

IDK! I was just curious because the name looked familiar.....

They are an adorable couple and would be very fun to watch, loved the video. But they are not one of our TAR 19 teams, and applications are often reconsidered for more than one season.

To avoid ruining their chances to ever be considered, am removing their info and video.

But I wish them luck, they are cute! Thanks for sharing, if you have any questions, please email me at the address in my profile. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:34:30 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2011, 07:02:57 AM »
:lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

livelaughlove

« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2011, 10:50:53 PM »

Here's the thing. ...... Thats' why her picture Milanissimo posted, looked familiar.

info removed

IDK! I was just curious because the name looked familiar.....

They are an adorable couple and would be very fun to watch, loved the video. But they are not one of our TAR 19 teams, and applications are often reconsidered for more than one season.

To avoid ruining their chances to ever be considered, am removing their info and video.

But I wish them luck, they are cute! Thanks for sharing, if you have any questions, please email me at the address in my profile. Thanks!

LOL! They won't get on, but whatever GeorgiaPeach.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »
Introducing 1/2 of the Pink Team: Kanoelani Gibson

She was the runner-up in the Miss America 2004 pageant to Ericka Dunlap of TAR15.

Some more photos...

I'll try to organize them better when my computer decides to work with me.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
Nice job North!   :yess:

:lol:  That shot of Kanoelani and Ericka has been under our noses all along!  I should have recognized it  :groan:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2011, 02:15:08 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2011, 02:26:09 PM »
Good job, north09! :wtg: :wohoo: :yess:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2011, 11:20:47 PM »
not denying that the orange couple in 7a is karl and kay malone...but the guy looks way to young to be karl malone.  and to be honest, it does't really look like him.  could be just me being confused though.  and sorry peach if this is in the wrong page.  i posted it here since the caps were in this thread.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2011, 12:00:37 AM »
not denying that the orange couple in 7a is karl and kay malone...but the guy looks way to young to be karl malone.  and to be honest, it does't really look like him.  could be just me being confused though.  and sorry peach if this is in the wrong page.  i posted it here since the caps were in this thread.

I agree with this. It just doesn't look like Karl Malone.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2011, 12:27:54 AM »

I agree with this. It just doesn't look like Karl Malone.

I'm kind of uneasy with our identification of Karl Malone. The guy in the pictures doesn't look 6' 9" tall. He looks at most 4 or 5 inches taller than his wife. Maybe his wife is well over 6' tall, but that would be pretty unusual for a beauty pageant winner. Also, while the other racers are at varying distances from the wall, comparing them to the darker lines on the wall in the background, the general feeling is that they aren't that much shorter than the Karl Malone in our pictures. However, it could be the camera angles since they are at various locations along that wall. The security guard near the door appears to tower over everyone else since presumably he is closer to the photographer and nearest to the wall.

On the other hand, our identification of Karl Malone has gotten a fair amount of attention and has been in the Salt Lake City newspaper. If Karl is just going through his day to day life back in Louisiana (I read that he works for Louisiana Tech University these days), I imagine someone would have called it to his attention. In that case, I expect we would have heard a denial from him about the rumors of his being on the Amazing Race. The lack of a denial by this point lends some credibility to our identification.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:00:04 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2011, 01:03:40 AM »
Just on this set of pictures, it would be hard to tell because there really isn't a good clear image of the face of the putative Karl, and its hard to get a perspective of how a 6'9" man would look in those spots, especially with a cap on all the time. I don't see enough there to say that it is not Karl, so I'm giving more weight. for now, to the earlier pictures that led to the identification.

On the other hand, there are better photos of Ethan in this set, and finally being able to see his face, with his longish, dark, curly hair, re-enforces in my mind that the identification of Ethan is correct.

So that's my $.02 worth of comments.
-- theschnauzers

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »
Don't get me wrong.  in the pics, the guy looks SUPER tall.  In fact, looks about 6'9 to me.  but the cap with his face shown pretty clearly doesnt look anything like him.  karl is 47 and in recent interviews (i am a sports freak), he looks every bit of 47.  The guy in the pic looks nowhere near 47.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2011, 02:06:43 AM »
Maybe you guys want to wait until you see all of the pics before deciding??

Here is a quick preview before I get the rest posted.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2011, 02:10:13 AM »
sorry for causing a stir...haha
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:27:56 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2011, 02:16:09 AM »
In this comparison I set up the stick figure on the Malone media shot and directly copied and pasted it on top of the shot from LAX.

It looks like a match to me!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2011, 02:18:43 AM »
great work chateau.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2011, 02:57:50 AM »
OK, I'm convinced too. I thought it might end up being an issue with the camera angles and the distances in those earlier pictures and apparently that was the case. In these latest pictures, Karl is clearly about a foot taller than his wife and about 4 to 6 inches taller than Phil.

Photographic Forensic Analysis - best left to the experts. Don't try this at home, kids!    :colors

Good work, Chateau!  :tup:

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2011, 09:40:51 AM »
OK, I'm convinced too. I thought it might end up being an issue with the camera angles and the distances in those earlier pictures and apparently that was the case. In these latest pictures, Karl is clearly about a foot taller than his wife and about 4 to 6 inches taller than Phil.

Photographic Forensic Analysis - best left to the experts. Don't try this at home, kids!    :colors

Is Phil really that tall? Karl Malone is 6'9, so that would mean that Phil would be anywhere from 6'3 to 6'5 by your estimates. I always thought he was more like 6'0 to 6'1.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »

Is Phil really that tall? Karl Malone is 6'9, so that would mean that Phil would be anywhere from 6'3 to 6'5 by your estimates. I always thought he was more like 6'0 to 6'1.

Given my track record last night, I'd say Phil is 4 to 6 inches shorter with a margin of error of 3 feet.  :lol3:  Take a look at the pictures and estimate it for yourself.  I have no idea just how tall Phil is. It isn't something I ever thought about before last night.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »
One thing I wasn't doing with the batch of Teipei airport photos that came online yesterday was to say that those images weren't Karl Malone; I was saying I wouldn't make a decision based only on that particular set for that particular identification. I do agree that the more recent set Peach posted is much more conclusive on the identification.
-- theschnauzers