Author Topic: EP5 Title : "Good Thing I Took That Human Anatomy Class in High School"  (Read 74652 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP5 Title : "Good Thing I Took That Human Anatomy Class in High School"
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2006, 12:54:46 PM »
David and Lori seem to be running along the Via Cala which goes along the Ancient Harbor.  The clue they receive at the laundry gig may be that they have to find the church Santa Maria Della Catena (which is along the harbor embankment) which tells them to pick up a car (parked on the embankment) and then drive to Segesta and find the parking lot and then take the shuttle bus up Monte Bernardo to the ancient Greek Theatre for their next clue (Roadblock).  So if they are at the harbour as the sunsets (4:54PM ) and then have to make the 74km drive to Segesta, they would not arrive at the Theatre until after sunset or about 5:45PM (which matches Chateau's time.)  But we have Fran and Barry at the Teatro Massimo quite late (3:00PM) so they may be running later after the Nerds.  And when we see Lori starting on her project at the Greek Amphitheater there is still one more unassembled statue behind her.  For the Old Folk or just the usual extra setup to confuse everyone on how many tasks have been completed?  Too much emphasis on the Nerds melting down; the Old Folk are completly under the radar so do we have a typical CeeBeeEss misdirection?  Could it be that the Old Folk are toast?

The other part of the Detour (ring) may be that the teams have to find a foundry or the church Santa Domenico, pick up a bell (A Bell for Adano???? - wonderful old movie by the way) and transport it down to the harbor to the church Santa Maria Della Catena where they will get their next clue.

Some of the times fixed by Chateau have me worried since it scrambles what seems to be happening.  More later after the NEXTEL Bristol Demolition Derby!!!

By the way, on The Sunday Morning Show they twice plugged TES for this week and the fact that the "next team booted off  TAR would be on the show Wednesday morning."  Looks like curtains for someone for sure.

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2006, 01:12:46 PM »
Too much emphasis on the Nerds melting down; the Old Folk are completly under the radar so do we have a typical CeeBeeEss misdirection?  Could it be that the Old Folk are toast?

Last week I asked same question: perhaps the spoiler is wrong? Puddin says to trust Biancaxxx- OK....but Bianca didn't see Fran/B, someone told her so maybe this person was wrong to begin with (poor eyesight etc)  ???

The caps with the timer lights, they should be in town and not in Segesta.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2006, 02:27:41 PM »
LOL Gman , gotta love Bristol  :jumpy:

fwiw , what I complied in spoilers about Franknberries , scaling buildings is done ..now unless F&B Bungee jump or Dive from an airplane this leg then yeah they can be toast .

Now that video of L&D at the statues needs to be looked into more but I CANNOT find my photoshop software  :umn: !

Bianca posted @ sucks on Nov 24th
Take this FWIW - I was talking to someone who saw TAR being filmed in Perth, and they said they saw an old couple walking around Fremantle with a cameraman, sound guy etc. They speculate they were around 50-60yrs old. They think it was a male/female couple or possibly male/male (they aren't completely sure, as they only got a glimpse of them). They couldn't remember what clothes/colours they were wearing

Franknberry? this would place this team sighting somewhere around Nov 23rd

Lazarus, a retired urologist and graduate in the class of '64, and his wife dove from an airplane, bungee-jumped, and scaled buildings in their attempt to beat 11 other couples in the 30-day race across five continents. Although the race is finished, the results are top secret until revealed on television in the course of the season.

from this article noticed by banzai

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2006, 02:32:04 PM »
Lazarus, a retired urologist and graduate in the class of '64, and his wife dove from an airplane, bungee-jumped, and scaled buildings in their attempt to beat 11 other couples in the 30-day race across five continents. Although the race is finished, the results are top secret until revealed on television in the course of the season.

the race wasnt 30 days it was 28. agian would cbs allow this info to get out unless they gave the interview parts?  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »

Kogs most people assume 30 days , I don't think its a big deal . Read the article they quoted a friend of F&B , F&B did not give the interview .
The couple, now living in Colorado, is keeping details of the show mum for now, but their friend Marsha Cooper says they were thrilled to be picked for “The Amazing Race.”

“Competing with so many younger people was challenging in the physical viewpoint, but the mechanics were probably easier for them,” Cooper says. “They were very excited and called it a life-altering experience. They talk about the friends they have made and say they’ve been surprised in ways they didn't expect.”

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2006, 02:40:03 PM »
again couldnt they get in trouble for giving that info out? ???

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2006, 02:51:14 PM »
For those keeping track of the roadblocks, Mcree over at TWOP has enhanced the weekly episode chart here. Let the mouse hover over a name and you'll see all those who shared the roadblock; click on it and you'll go to that section of the chart.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2006, 03:25:56 PM »
heres Lori's spotter , the person in orange , probably production or soundman , no idea but hes not a Racer..he has his back turned away from Lori  ( person in vest ,they probably have to give the  :tup: on the statue )

again behind Lori , staff but are they looking at Lori or someone behind her ?

different angle

Dude turns to look at Lori

My point is there very well maybe some other Racer behind Lori cuz her spotter is on her right but Lori is having such a hard time a team behind could easily pass her IMO . Really if Lori is almost done why isn't she rushing to put the head on? Shes's just standing there laughing at the statue ...  ? questions questions  :lol:

ETA the staff might be bored and just BS'ing behind Lori

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 03:29:25 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2006, 04:30:44 PM »
Hi_Fi I tried making that background lighter but it doesnt help , maybe someone else can ?

heres a vidcap of what we think is Lake driving in the countyside

Yeah puddin, it looks like Lake (probably driving to Segesta).  It's the best I could do lightening it up.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 04:34:10 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2006, 04:39:54 PM »
Sorry, I can't be much help; it could be Miss Piggy for all I can see.  :-\
  :lol3: I guess it doesn't matter

one I forgot to add , thats Lori's spotter to the right

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2006, 05:10:10 PM »
First, how about my local George Mason Patriots; the unknowns belt the Uconns in OT :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Now to more serioius things.

First, a new reference to the Greek Teatre at Segesta now says that the Theatre faces WEST toward the mountains and the setting sun with the ocean to the right.  

The new promo this morning shows the sun setting behind the mountain as the camera pans down to Monica working on her statue which is in dead center of the hemisphere and is nearly finished.  In another scene way to the right you can just make out another person in a white shirt working on a statue.  So this pretty much pin points the time for MO/JO as sunset or 4:54PM.  At the same time it looks like the Nerds are just now finding the location of the next clue which will send them on the road toward Segesta. So they must be just about an hour or more behind MO/JO.

If our arrival times are more or less correct on the teams arrivals at the pitstop in Munich, then the first three teams: The Beach Boys, The Hippies, and Lake/Michelle all arrived before sunset which was at 4:45PM.  Consquently, these three teams could very well catch the 6:35AM Alitalia flight to Palermo via Milan arriving at 10:15AM.

The Old Folk arrived just after sunset  around 5:00PM (the sky is still dark blue behind the lit up arch) So they may or may not be able to get on the 6:35AM flight, but might make the 7:00 Lufthansa flight via Milan arriving at 11:20AM

The other four teams all make the 9:25AM Lufthansa flight via Rome arriving at 1:25PM.  But since we have an estimated time for the Old Folk to be at the Teatro Massimo at 2:50PM , perhaps they did not make the earlier flight and are with The Nerds, MO/JO, RayLanda, and the Double Dees.

So it looks like the Beach Boys and the Hippies get to the Teatro, get the Detour clue and race off via van to the location of the alley with laundry.  It looks like they may be looking for a piece of clothing with a "Made in the USofA" or some such label as we see teams looking for what appears to be labels along the seams of the clothing.  And it looks like the Hippies find it right away and jump up and down with utter joy!

They must find the clue right away if they are to get to the Church on time and get a car to drive to Segesta and arrive at the Amphitheatre at 12:46PM.  And the Beach Boys are not far behind as we have them there at 1:24PM.

Now the big question is what happened to Lake and Michelle?  We have them on the first plane arriving at 10:15AM.  But later we have them together with two teams that arrived later at 1:25PM at the laundry gig (Double Dees, and The Nerds,)  A mystery. Did they try the ring a ding ding first, fail to find the foundry location, or find it too hard to move the bell?  So they opted later for the second Detour task, Wring around the collar?

After we have the Old Folk running past the main facade of the Teatro Massimo with Fran pointing to what may be the clue box, and then past the Nerds, they become invisible.

The Nerds are with the Double Dees and Lake/Michelle at the laundry place.  Later we see Lake driving the car in the country on the way to Segesta and it now looks like the light is failing so it is close to sunset.  There also is a quick shot of one of Dees also driving in daylight.

And we now have Dave and Lori running along the embankment by La Cala possibly toward the church Santa Maria della Catena and it must be just at sunset (4:54PM) as there are no shadows and the lights are on behind them by the buildings facing the harbor. When we finally see them at the Greek Theatre, it is now quite dark and at least an hour after sunset.  Behind Dave we can see at least four completed statues. Behind Lori there is still a heap on the ground.  Is this waiting for the eighth team? Or is this typical TPTB misdirection since they habitually add at least one more than there are teams still in the race just to confuse sleuths who count every little brick.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2006, 05:41:40 PM »

We are assuming that Lake and Michelle and the old folks made that earlier flight.  But what if this flight was full and they could not make it.  Or what about if they did something else in Munich before going to Italy.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »
They woundn't have much time to do something in Munich charlierose if this is correct , BJ & Tyler would have to do Wring / Detour first then drive to Segesta ..do the RB + Pitstop .
Consquently, these three teams could very well catch the 6:35AM Alitalia flight to Palermo via Milan arriving at 10:15AM.

This picture was taken between 12:11 and 12:46 pm (assumes Nov. 14th)

( BJ & Tyler )
Behind Dave we can see at least four completed statues. Behind Lori there is still a heap on the ground.  Is this waiting for the eighth team? Or is this typical TPTB misdirection since they habitually add at least one more than there are teams still in the race just to confuse sleuths who count every little brick.

:lol:   :werock:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 06:26:05 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2006, 06:36:10 PM »
First, how about my local George Mason Patriots; the unknowns belt the Uconns in OT :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Yes! Very impressive. What a great game to watch. Congratulations and good luck -- unless they end up facing my tigers in the final game -- then IT'S ON!!!!  :meow:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2006, 06:48:28 PM »
First, a new reference to the Greek Teatre at Segesta now says that the Theatre faces WEST toward the mountains and the setting sun with the ocean to the right.  

I had read that also but I figured the compass on Google Earth doesn't lie????

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2006, 07:56:54 PM »
So it looks like the Beach Boys and the Hippies get to the Teatro, get the Detour clue and race off via van to the location of the alley with laundry.  It looks like they may be looking for a piece of clothing with a "Made in the USofA" or some such label as we see teams looking for what appears to be labels along the seams of the clothing.  And it looks like the Hippies find it right away and jump up and down with utter joy!

They must find the clue right away if they are to get to the Church on time and get a car to drive to Segesta and arrive at the Amphitheatre at 12:46PM.  And the Beach Boys are not far behind as we have them there at 1:24PM.

"jump up and down, find right away" - where did you see this??

This shot of Eric & Jeremy on the path to the amphitheater was taken between 1:24 and 2:22 pm (assumes Nov 14th).

Again I have to ask why do most people think BJ is ahead? That shot of the hippies is of them approaching the theater, they haven't started on the statue yet. The cap of E/J could be along the path to the pitstop so you cannot assume they are behind BJ.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 08:30:33 PM by libra »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #291 on: March 26, 2006, 08:51:03 PM »

interesting , the statues are completed ..could be where Phil describes the Roadblock to us ?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 08:55:39 PM by puddin »

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #292 on: March 26, 2006, 09:02:18 PM »
[interesting , the statues are completed ..could be where Phil describes the Roadblock to us ?

I didn't notice this....that's a good question! Maybe Phil goes back the next day since the next eppy is in Sicily.  ??? I don't know, that's not how it's normally done.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2006, 09:46:15 PM »

"jump up and down, find right away" - where did you see this??

The second promo this morning during CBS Sunday Morning had a long sequence (10 seconds which is long for a commercial) with the Hippies looking at clothing then jumping up and down and hugging each other.  It sure looked like they had found whatever it is they have to find. And no other team is shown in the same clip.

Not picking winners yet, nor losers - just trying to straighten out a time line. 

It sure looks like The Hippies, The Beach Boys, MO/JO and Lake/Michelle are running ahead while Raylanda, The Double Dees, the Nerds, and the Old Folk are bringing up the rear.

I agree that there is not enough time for anything to happen in Germany except get on a plane and head south to sunny Italy.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #294 on: March 26, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »
interesting , the statues are completed ..could be where Phil describes the Roadblock to us ?

It looks early in the morning so I think that would be when the task is set up and checked for proper functionality.  They don't want to have any missing pieces.

Libra, I saw the promo that has Eric & Jeremy on the path and they are heading toward the amphitheater.  You have to examine the details of the shot an compare them against the Google Earth image to see which way is which.

I was just going to say that I bet the hippies are done with the statue Roadblock before Eric & Jeremy even get there when it occurred to me that it looks like they just finished exchanging words with somebody going the other way!  Such as BJ & Tyler.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #295 on: March 26, 2006, 10:10:20 PM »
Gingerman, I didn't know about this promo, anything else that's important?  

In previous TBC, was the pitstop 12 or 24 hours? Is it possible that this will be a 24 hour one because of the extended leg?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #296 on: March 26, 2006, 10:53:20 PM »
It's the on-line commercial Libra , read back to page 3 for the vidcaps and video links .

Chateau , good idea   :tup:
I was just going to say that I bet the hippies are done with the statue Roadblock before Eric & Jeremy even get there when it occurred to me that it looks like they just finished exchanging words with somebody going the other way!  Such as BJ & Tyler.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #297 on: March 26, 2006, 11:32:22 PM »
For those of you wondering, Lake is driving a Fiat Multipla.  Yet more useless information.  ;)
Check out the three bucket seats in the front     :duh:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:47:59 PM by Boingo »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2006, 02:13:46 AM »
I would D&L are to be eliminated for this week.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2006, 09:31:41 AM »
there's just too much dave and lori in the commercials for me to believe that they are going home this soon. i think that they just make it this week. 2nd or 3rd last but not last.

i'm beginning to wonder if it's not lake and michelle that screw up and get eliminated. could they be the ones that end up at the pitstop instead of the roadblock? do they make them wait or go back? i think that they make them go back as they have for other teams in the past. they some how end up dead last from so many other mistakes. ok, maybe this is just wishful thinking.

my bet is that the pinks or lake/michelle go home this week. i'm a believer of the aussie fran/barry spoiler so they're good for a few more legs. i also think dave and lori do better in the coming weeks.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!