Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 46700 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #475 on: January 06, 2022, 08:34:01 AM »

There is also an in-depth article about Raquel & Cayla (that mentions something about "a 19 month journey and time spent in COVID downtime") but it is paywalled. Maybe someone here can report it back.

Article: https://news.gulfbreezenews.com/articles/she-is-on-amazing-race/

Sorry! I thought I had! Helps to have been in Florida for awhile lol.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #476 on: January 06, 2022, 08:39:32 AM »
This is just speculation but, I read that Ray and Caro wanted to come back but she had problems with her visas because she lived in Scandinavia now?

Anyway, I guess we will see who can't come soon enough.

LINK please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #477 on: January 06, 2022, 09:07:42 PM »
Penn & Kim confirmed a few things route wise on their recap podcast:

1. Racers were given a visa for Nepal so it’s likely that Nepal was on the original route
2. All Asian legs were canceled prior to filming
3. Bertram & his team were planning 2 or 3 legs in the arctic circle while teams were in London

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #478 on: January 06, 2022, 09:12:08 PM »
That adds up. I did find it weird how they were seemingly planning both an Arctic Circle and Nepal visit in the winter in the same season but it makes sense now that Arctic Circle was being planned while the show was happening and after Nepal was cancelled

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #479 on: January 07, 2022, 10:39:50 AM »
That adds up. I did find it weird how they were seemingly planning both an Arctic Circle and Nepal visit in the winter in the same season but it makes sense now that Arctic Circle was being planned while the show was happening and after Nepal was cancelled

I don't think that is quite right. Te TAR  detective team were live watching the "Artic Circle" leg as it cancelled and set up was stopped. Nepal would have been cancelled AFTER that.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #480 on: January 07, 2022, 11:40:58 AM »
Penn & Kim confirmed a few things route wise on their recap podcast:

1. Racers were given a visa for Nepal so it’s likely that Nepal was on the original route
2. All Asian legs were canceled prior to filming
3. Bertram & his team were planning 2 or 3 legs in the arctic circle while teams were in London

Racers are always given some visas for places they are NOT going... otherwise  they would know and could research their locations to come.   :)x

SO you cannot say NEPAL was CONFIRMED based on that.

THIS maybe: https://parade.com/1316615/mikebloom/the-amazing-race-33-producers-covid-interview/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:12:02 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #481 on: January 07, 2022, 02:32:28 PM »
Racers are always given some visas for places they are NOT going... otherwise  they would know and could research their locations to come.   :)x

SO you cannot say NEPAL was CONFIRMED based on that.

I said it was likely part of the original route. I never said it was for sure on the original route.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #482 on: January 07, 2022, 11:26:51 PM »
Hmm, not so sure. Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam have been "confirmed" in press interviews since the shutdown one way or another. Piecing everything together, I think this only works if the route changed multiple times:

1. Original race course developed prior to Dec 2019 with Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. Finalists are set by this point, contestants apply for visas.
2. Sometime in Jan/Early Feb 2020, production sees the outbreak of COVID and scraps Asia entirely from the route. Final cast is locked and skipping Asia is conveyed to contestants prior to departure.
3. After Feb 22 2020, production sees COVID outbreak worsening in Europe and beyond, looks at shifting the remainder of the race through South America.
4. Feb 28 2020, production shuts down with no viable options to complete filming and sends racers home from Scotland.

Add on the obvious rerouting after COVID hit for the September 2021 filming and we're potentially looking at a lot of shifting of legs from the original plan.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #483 on: January 07, 2022, 11:49:11 PM »
From what Penn & Kim said it appears that they were the only team to know prior to filming that they weren't going to Asia at all and only because Kim personally asked the producers if it was still safe for TAR to film.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #484 on: January 08, 2022, 12:33:31 AM »
Hmm, not so sure. Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam have been "confirmed" in press interviews since the shutdown one way or another. Piecing everything together, I think this only works if the route changed multiple times:

1. Original race course developed prior to Dec 2019 with Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. Finalists are set by this point, contestants apply for visas.

I agree with most of this.

BUT what I was trying to say was:

TEAMS/contestants do NOT apply for their own visas.

WRP does all that. There are ALWAYS extra visas obtained for countries NOT being visited so that teams are not ever sure of exactly where they are going.

That is why a VISA for Nepal in their passport does not mean they are or are not going there. They very well could have been. But the VISA alone cannot be used as proof. There are always extras. A team new to TAR would not likely know all this.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #485 on: January 08, 2022, 07:46:41 AM »

WRP does all that. There are ALWAYS extra visas obtained for countries NOT being visited so that teams are not ever sure of exactly where they are going.

That is why a VISA for Nepal in their passport does not mean they are or are not going there. They very well could have been. But the VISA alone cannot be used as proof. There are always extras. A team new to TAR would not likely know all this.

I think Justin said that the 27 teams only got one visa (either Zambia or Zimbabwe, can't remember which), so WRP hasn't been getting extra visas for some time. Another cost saving measure.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #486 on: January 08, 2022, 05:04:37 PM »
It was definitely Zambia because that's where his season flew in from Argentina (c.f. visas for South Africa during Romber's original appearance and then for Mozambique on their return).

Anyhow, when the Israelis filmed in Kathmandu, it was during autumn in the Northern Hemisphere; consequently, the finished haMerotz episode had a wonky design that would've been more streamlined had the visit been during the springtime when better infrastructure was available, i.e. a full leg with both a Roadbock as well as Detours in addition to the ARIs.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #487 on: January 08, 2022, 07:16:26 PM »
It's seemed like 5 teams at the photo are teams eliminated in 2021 and then there were (supposedly) 4 teams missing which run the final leg at the time photo was taken. There was that rumor about F4 twist happening this season so I think it can be true after all?

If that were truly the case, then where's the evidence that the Save twist also returned?

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #488 on: January 09, 2022, 01:34:36 AM »
-I think we missed a second London leg in the day.
-For starters, there's this Route Info with teams meeting up with Phil:

Is the bus a moving Pit Stop a la TARA 5's Singapore bumboat Pit Stop?

A waste that this idea was not used!

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #489 on: January 09, 2022, 11:53:00 AM »
An unreduced budget would've worked wonders.

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #490 on: January 09, 2022, 01:32:38 PM »
-I think we missed a second London leg in the day.
-For starters, there's this Route Info with teams meeting up with Phil:

Is the bus a moving Pit Stop a la TARA 5's Singapore bumboat Pit Stop?

A waste that this idea was not used!

what???? this was the actual pit stop on leg 2. I dont understand what youre even saying here.
The World is Waiting For You

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: January 09, 2022, 05:10:26 PM »
I think they mean if the bus wandered around the neighbourhood/along a set route, and teams had to look for it to check in.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: January 09, 2022, 05:19:23 PM »
I think they mean if the bus wandered around the neighbourhood/along a set route, and teams had to look for it to check in.

Thought so. So basically like TAR Canada's "Beatnik Bus" task.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #493 on: January 09, 2022, 05:44:31 PM »

Thought so. So basically like TAR Canada's "Beatnik Bus" task.

Correction: Studio Bell at the National Music Centre, because that was the actual Pit-Stop rather than a mere ARI site.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #494 on: January 09, 2022, 10:01:24 PM »
It was the Pitstop for the leg, but the point was about the bus moving locations  :groan:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #495 on: January 09, 2022, 11:07:22 PM »
My personal guess is that production wanted teams on their way from the double decker bus as quickly as possible so Bertram, Elise, Phil, et Al., could get ahead of the teams in Scotland and the then planned later legs. Either an earlier train, or other mode of transit.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: January 09, 2022, 11:09:46 PM »
It was the Pitstop for the leg, but the point was about the bus moving locations  :groan:

Well, the Singaporean boat on the Asian version was a closer analogy.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #497 on: January 10, 2022, 12:36:01 AM »
Reminder to all: This thread is for TAR 33 discussion.

Let's try to keep on topic please.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #498 on: January 10, 2022, 05:02:50 PM »
Looking at Oval's timeline for Ep 3 - screen caps - I only see 8 teams at the Glasgow pitstop when Phil announces TAR suspended.

The missing teams are Arun/Natalia and Taylor/Isaiah.

Am I missing something?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #499 on: January 10, 2022, 06:07:49 PM »
Looking at Oval's timeline for Ep 3 - screen caps - I only see 8 teams at the Glasgow pitstop when Phil announces TAR suspended.

The missing teams are Arun/Natalia and Taylor/Isaiah.

Am I missing something?
Taylor and Isaiah look to be next to Connie & Sam. If you look at the jacket next to Connie, you can see it differs from Ray's-- there's a team between these two.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax