Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 46683 times)

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2021, 05:24:20 PM »
Sooooo curious as to what the casting theme of the season is!! We have so many cast members who were stars of viral videos or are minor celebrities but then we also have flight attendants and a father/daughter duo from Detroit? Not sure what it is but I'm very interested to see

Yeah the flight attendants, the father/daughter team and Connie & Sam are the only teams keeping me from saying there's any certain theme with casting. Maybe there's something about them that went viral that we just don't know about or maybe it's just Casting casting people with decent followings and major stories again.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2021, 05:49:11 PM »
I just think TAR/CBS thinks more typical people won’t get viewers :/

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2021, 06:29:49 PM »
In fairness, the show was simply picking up from where it'd left off, before CBS had enforced its appliicant-heavy policy.  Surely the seasons after this one will be heavier on applicants.  And more diverse, given the call for fifty percent of the contestants being POCs.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 06:45:04 PM by Joberio »

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2021, 06:39:30 PM »
In fairness, the show was simply picking up from where it'd left off, before CBS had enforced its appliicant-heavy policy.  Surely the seasons after thus one will be heavier on applicants.  And more diverse, given the call for fifty percent of the contestants being POCs.

I mean TAR32 and TAR33 were both well past that 50% mark so I don't think much is going to change on that front.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
In fairness, the show was simply picking up from where it'd left off, before CBS had enforced its appliicant-heavy policy.  Surely the seasons after thus one will be heavier on applicants.  And more diverse, given the call for fifty percent of the contestants being POCs.

I mean TAR32 and TAR33 were both well past that 50% mark so I don't think much is going to change on that front.
More applicants than recruits, for starters?

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2021, 07:26:28 PM »
I’m curious about Singing Cop Mike - isn’t there NDA about social media around the Race. He didn’t disclose anything but it was easy enough for RRF to discover what he was doing?

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »
I think one of the teams in that photo at the LA Hotel is the flight attendants! I think I see Raquel in her black short shorts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2021, 07:53:07 PM »
Is that Dusty & Ryan sighted in the final leg?

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2021, 08:02:09 PM »
I think it looks like Raquel, Dusty, and Ryan are in the second photo. I wonder who the people under helipad are?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 08:34:58 PM by H_E_L_L_O »

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2021, 09:08:03 PM »
I think it looks like Raquel, Dusty, and Ryan are in the second photo. I wonder who the people under helipad are?
Where are these pics you arr talking about?

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2021, 09:09:38 PM »
Where are these pics you arr talking about?

The live sightings thread.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: October 06, 2021, 09:11:54 PM »
Final 3:
?
Dusty/Ryan
Cayla/Raquel
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #262 on: October 06, 2021, 09:26:04 PM »
The person standing next to Raquel looks like a Caucasian male with dark hair, maybe it’s Penn? If it’s not Penn the only other person that fits that description is Sam (of Sam & Connie), but they didn’t come back so that wouldn’t make sense.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2021, 09:28:20 PM »
Team 5, Ray/Caro and Sam/Connie are presumed to not have returned.

All other teams did.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2021, 09:45:48 PM »
Just going off what I saw of teams in 2020, that looks most like Ryan & Dusty, Raquel (& Cayla), Penn (& Kim).
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2021, 09:47:21 PM »
Yeah, if that’s not Penn it would have to be Sam who it seems like was eliminated in 2020 or chose not for return.

But why would the F3 all be up there together like that? I can’t think of a reason why…maybe I’m just being dense haha!
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2021, 09:50:37 PM »
Yeah, if that’s not Penn it would have to be Sam who it seems like was eliminated in 2020 or chose not for return.

But why would the F3 all be up there together like that? I can’t think of a reason why…maybe I’m just being dense haha!
That might be the finale start captured.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: October 06, 2021, 09:53:48 PM »
Just going off what I saw of teams in 2020, that looks most like Ryan & Dusty, Raquel (& Cayla), Penn (& Kim).

If filming was today, this makes sense bc all the other teams that returned were active on Instagram except for those three.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: October 06, 2021, 09:58:05 PM »

And pure speculation based on the videos I got in London in 2020, but I went back to see which men had orange/pink shoes from then and the only man who has shoes of that sort of colour is Arun (the father) as they're quite orange. Akbar has a combination of orange and green around the bottom. Penn has green around the bottom. All the other men have traditional white/black. However, they could have multiple pairs of shoes, so this is all speculation without visual evidence.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2021, 09:59:02 PM »

If filming was today, this makes sense bc all the other teams that returned were active on Instagram except for those three.
Cayla was active this morning, I saw that she had followed a bunch of the teams on Instagram
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2021, 10:02:21 PM »
Production has shown an intent to use the KISS method in its efforts to avoid exposure to the unvaccinated and avoid having to have vaccinated cast, crew and production in quarantine while doing so. What’s hard to decipher is what they’ll do on a final leg, wherever it is, about using taxis. We’ve speculated about avoiding taxis and other transit options for the same reason. I just can’t see that changing now, since there’s no place in the country with 100% vaccination rates. I’d be quite surprised to see any location in the final leg in a publicly accessible area, indoors or outdoors, but using self driving, or hired vehicles whose drivers have been vaccinated. It’s very hard to figure out rationally without more information that we’re to get. It’s a quandary!

Unvaccinated people in the U.S. takes cabs. Cab drivers arent always vaccinated. Do you think any of these contestants ask their uber drivers if theyve been vaccinated?!
The World is Waiting For You

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »
Sad news everyone.

Filming was apparently completed yesterday.

We are all just...devastated.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Why devastated??
I'm so happy the season was filmed and we have a season to look forward to soon! woohoo!
The World is Waiting For You

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2021, 10:11:15 PM »

Cayla was active this morning, I saw that she had followed a bunch of the teams on Instagram

Penn & Kim also opened their Instagram to ask viewers for podcast questions after weeks of general Instagram stories of just their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2021, 10:23:51 PM »
WAIT

I think it is Penn cuz he is the tallest racer we have at 6 foot 3. Correct me if I'm wrong?

There is some height to that mystery person.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2021, 10:27:42 PM »
Production has shown an intent to use the KISS method in its efforts to avoid exposure to the unvaccinated and avoid having to have vaccinated cast, crew and production in quarantine while doing so. What’s hard to decipher is what they’ll do on a final leg, wherever it is, about using taxis. We’ve speculated about avoiding taxis and other transit options for the same reason. I just can’t see that changing now, since there’s no place in the country with 100% vaccination rates. I’d be quite surprised to see any location in the final leg in a publicly accessible area, indoors or outdoors, but using self driving, or hired vehicles whose drivers have been vaccinated. It’s very hard to figure out rationally without more information that we’re to get. It’s a quandary!

Unvaccinated people in the U.S. takes cabs. Cab drivers arent always vaccinated. Do you think any of these contestants ask their uber drivers if theyve been vaccinated?!

That’s not the point here. And there’s no assurance they even used any random Uber or Lyft drivers; the show would have pre-cleared and tested first as a condition of employment. The goal of production was to eliminate the possibility of exposure to any unvaccinated people who might unknowingly be carriers or have a mild infection. Production had a contractual duty in minimize all unnecessary risks, especially with Covid-19.  Because of the risks in cabs, there’s been a national masking requirement for cab drivers and passengers without exception. That hasn’t changed. But there’s still a risk.
We’ll find out sooner or later when the season airs, what production in fact did. But it’s quite rational to think that avoiding trains, busses and taxis and the potential for Covid-19 exposure from unvaccinated persons was a prudent thing to do.
-- theschnauzers