Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 46681 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2021, 11:13:52 AM »
Trans-Atlantic flights are being affected by major hurricane Sam, the eye of which passed by well east of Burmuda overnight. In five days the center of a post tropical/extra tropical cyclone Sam will be headed toward Iceland possibly still with winds of hurricane force well away from the center. Not saying it will be a transit issue, but it’s there, and it has a large wind field that can affect flights at cruising attitudes.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2021, 11:28:26 AM »
Basing on the number of countries visited and the number of days (2wks) , I feel that they can gain 9 legs to add to the original 3 ... Any more countries next week will highly suggest a re-started season, with No questions whatsoever  :kuss:

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2021, 11:30:57 AM »
Trans-Atlantic flights are being affected by major hurricane Sam, the eye of which passed by well east of Burmuda overnight. In five days the center of a post tropical/extra tropical cyclone Sam will be headed toward Iceland possibly still with winds of hurricane force well away from the center. Not saying it will be a transit issue, but it’s there, and it has a large wind field that can affect flights at cruising attitudes.

How long you think it could delay that flight originally slated for tomorrow?

Offline chja87

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2021, 11:38:16 AM »
On Lisbon airport departures site says zt905 was originally scheduled to leave Lisbon tomorrow at 2:45 for Portsmouth, NH near Boston but it’s canceled. Dunno what to make of it.

https://www.aeroportolisboa.pt/en/lis/flights-destinations/find-flights/real-time-departures

If Lisbon is real, wonder if it is either a refueling site before another north/South America destination or a destination itself. But idk what to make of the cancellation either.

This is really interesting! I know that we probably aren’t yet at the point where they would be filming the final leg but could Portsmouth, NH be the final city?? That would be interesting to finally see some New England representation!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2021, 12:15:56 PM »

How long you think it could delay that flight originally slated for tomorrow?

Have absolutely no idea. Depends on a lot of aviation weather factors at that attitude and where they’re flying. Most likely, planes would have to divert to a longer flight path or at different attitudes to avoid high attitude turbulence. So fuel could be a concern. What’s so odd is that TAR has rarely flown over the Atlantic during the peak period of the Atlantic hurricane season. The 2005 season, the second most active season recorded was when the Family Edition was filmed just in North America, and filming was still affected by several tropical cyclones during several legs in that season. The other two most active seasons on record are last year, during which there was no filming, and this current season where the pace (20 named storms by October 1 with two more months to go). So it’s a factor that hasn’t come up with trans-Atlantic flights for TAR returning to the US before this, but it is definitely something to be aware of.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2021, 01:48:27 PM »
I feel there Is room for one more country, I feel that country is in the middle East..Europe only legs  would make it feel exclusive.I feel the delayed flight has something to do withtodays cyclone heading for Oman, thus most of Middle East affected .M.E locations are Dubai based 😂...phil just posted (TAN). I gue_ss he read a post here bout him :tup:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2021, 02:14:22 PM »
TAR has done a one continent race before (TAR 8  ) and has done a circular route crossing the Atlantic eastbound and westbound before (TAR 7).

If an Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean tropical cyclone is headed towards Oman in the next couple of days, that is the last place production would send the Racers. https://rsmcnewdelhi.imd.gov.in/
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2021, 03:00:11 PM »
THANKS TO LINDA BC2 and to Ovalorange we can say LISBON is confirmed.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2021, 03:02:09 PM »
TAR has done a one continent race before (TAR 8  ) and has done a circular route crossing the Atlantic eastbound and westbound before (TAR 7).

If an Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean tropical cyclone is headed towards Oman in the next couple of days, that is the last place production would send the Racers. https://rsmcnewdelhi.imd.gov.in/

AT THE MOMENT This is unknown as a influence on TAR. And most recent info shows expected deterioration next several days.

SInce there is NO evidence for Oman PLEASE be sure to label it as pure SPEC!

But yes, worth watching.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2021, 03:07:23 PM »
Basing on the number of countries visited and the number of days (2wks) , I feel that they can gain 9 legs to add to the original 3 ... Any more countries next week will highly suggest a re-started season, with No questions whatsoever  :kuss:

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here...but given all the changes this TAR has had I would not be surprised if TAR 33 was a 13 leg run. 12 almost certainly.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2021, 10:36:40 PM »
Was Portugal ever confirmed as a leg location?

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2021, 10:47:49 PM »
* Speculation* ignore all I said..  :)x I thought the axed flight was from London to Lisbon..i didn't think it was from Lisbon..  Carry on guys
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 02:59:55 AM by Avid »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2021, 12:25:10 AM »
* Speculation*

I like my idea better. They are at some all-inclusive mega-resort in the Caribbean where they can film two legs in quiet secrecy, then secretly fly back to the United States from some remote private airport. Meanwhile, the crew of the Boeing 757 is enjoying an all-expense paid vacation while the plane is parked in a public location to trick us.

If they do it south enough, they can even say they visit three continents, I mean, who's going to care?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2021, 12:37:48 AM »
It would really be lovely if all the  unsubstantiated *Speculation* could instead be based on reasonable possibility, likelihood, and even better factual information. Or at least HELPFUL speculation based on some degree of fact and logic.

:gman:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2021, 08:06:53 AM »
TAR plane 1.0 just landed in Lisbon with the flight number AWC 905. Might be preparing to cross the Atlantic.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-powh
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GPOWH

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2021, 08:19:53 AM »
TAR plane 1.0 just landed in Lisbon with the flight number AWC 905. Might be preparing to cross the Atlantic.

I think you are right. I always figured they would fly back to the US on the original plane that was captured with TAR displayed on its side.

Offline octoberbirch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2021, 09:21:22 AM »

I think you are right. I always figured they would fly back to the US on the original plane that was captured with TAR displayed on its side.

If Portugal is the last location, I can't see them filming more than 2 legs in Portugal, so the F/F team (I think Raquel/Cayla) we saw might've actually been on Leg 9 and made it to Leg 10?

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2021, 09:26:56 AM »
I am really confused. Did they somehow already film remaining 8 legs and are now going back to US to film final 12th leg?

Offline octoberbirch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2021, 10:03:24 AM »
I am really confused. Did they somehow already film remaining 8 legs and are now going back to US to film final 12th leg?

Looking at the timeline, it's possible as they spent a few days at each location. Could be double legs

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2021, 01:11:19 PM »

There is almost always a double leg. But THIS season also has multiple quarantines so we are moving slower than normal. No worries, this is expected.

Looking at the timeline, it's possible as they spent a few days at each location. Could be double legs
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2021, 01:45:20 PM »
I am very confused. Are we having a 9 leg race (8 Europe legs + finale) or did we get some misinformation along the way?

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2021, 03:18:51 PM »
I don't think anyone knows for sure what leg # they are up to. But thanks to following the charter plane we should know where they are off to next shortly.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2021, 03:21:15 PM »
I feel like a lot of people expect us to know everything since we often know a lot then can’t understand why we don’t know things this time

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2021, 03:29:38 PM »
So it looks like Raquel and Kayla made at least F5? maybe even F4 if that photo was taken at 10th leg?

I really hope we will get F3 sighting in the US.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2021, 03:49:28 PM »
With charter flights having unposted schedules,  regulations and quarantine rules changing daily, and lockdowns keeping more people at home, it's miraculous we have learned as much as we have this time
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.