Author Topic: The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Final Round Design Show on Page 50!  (Read 91146 times)

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member

Design #1 - redwings8831
[Stockholm, Sweden]

Show content
ROUND 4

*These are the Lofoten Islands, Norway, an archipelago located inside the Arctic Circle. Known for a distinctive scenery with dramatic mountains and peaks, open sea and sheltered bays, human settlement on the islands go back 11,000 thousand years and was a prominent location during the early Viking Age. Now, the Lofoten Islands attract over 1 million tourists a year and teams will depart from the fishing village of Henningsvær. Teams will depart on the next leg of the Amazing Race from the Henningsvær Idrettslag Stadion, a football pitch with a beautiful view.*

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K1Eh6T4RPi8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K1Eh6T4RPi8</a>

After a 24 hour pitstop, team X&Y, will depart at 8:33 PM. When teams arrive at the pit-start, they are  presented with a wheel of clues and are asked to choose one at random.

Clue: The Stockholm Metro System is known as "the worlds longest art gallery" with more than 90 of the network stations decorated with sculptures, rock formations, mosaics, paintings, installations, engravings and reliefs by over 150 different artists.

Now, fly to Stockholm and find your next clue in the metro station of which the art matches the photo enclosed in the clue you picked. You may travel by taxi/bus/metro from the airport to your station and will have $200 (1,750 Swedish Krona SEK) for this leg of the race.

Teams will travel by taxi from the pit-start to Svolvær Airport (~800 NOK). All teams will be on the same flight to Stockholm, connecting through Bodø and Oslo, Norway.

**Transportation**
Show content
Taxi from the pit start to the Svolvær Airport

Flight to Stockholm

Teams will travel from Arlanda airport to the metro station that they have the picture of. A map of the metro stations and the corresponding album of the station art is below. All stations are within 30-45 minutes from the airport.

**Transportation**
Show content

Metro station map and art: https://imgur.com/a/iWETAtA

Upon finding the clue at the respective metro station:

Clue: Sweden is home to the world's largest permanent scale model of the Solar System. Find your next clue at the Sun.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IQBjKCG-BKo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IQBjKCG-BKo</a>

The Sweden Solar System model is scaled to 1:20 million and all of the inner planets are located within the Stockholm city limits. The model travels north throughout the country, as Pluto is over 300km away from Stockholm. Teams will have to figure out that the Sun is represented by the Ericsson Globe Arena (Globen), the largest spherical building in the world, and then travel there by taxi (200 SEK). The taxi will take about 15-30 minutes depending on what metro station (all teams should take about 1 hour from the airport to the globe - either longer to the station/shorter to the globe or vice-versa).

http://www.swedensolarsystem.se/en/

**Transportation**
Show content

At the globe:

Clue: Travel by taxi to the Slussen ferry terminal (10 minutes, 120 SEK) and then travel by ferry (36 SEK per person) to the nearby island of Djurgården. Retrieve your next clue at the ferry terminal upon arrival.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gLlUb2LJgeQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gLlUb2LJgeQ</a>

**Transportation**
Show content
**Ferries leave Slussen every 15 minutes and the trip to Djurgården island takes about 20 minutes**

*Upon arrival at Djurgarden Island:

Detour: ABBA or VASA

ABBA: In ABBA, teams will make their way on foot to ABBA: The Museum. Once at the Polar Studios exhibit in the museum, teams will have to learn the choreography of Agnetha and Anni-Frid in ABBA's most famous song Dancing Queen. When those in attendance at the museum approve the teams singing and dancing performance, they will receive the next clue.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xFrGuyw1V8s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xFrGuyw1V8s</a>

VASA: In VASA, teams will make their way on foot to the Vasa Museum, which displays the 17th century 64-gun warship Vasa that sank on its maiden voyage in 1628. Once there, teams will have to find The Salvaging exhibit and then correctly tie the sails onto the provided replica. When the sails and all the tying is correct, the museum attendant will approve the replica and teams will receive their next clue.

**Transportation**
Show content

*Upon completion of the detour:

Clue: Travel by taxi to the IceBar (15/20 minutes, 150/200 SEK) and retrieve your clue once inside.

**Transportation**
Show content

Roadblock: Who has the brains and the brawns?

Clue: This two part roadblock will test the team members technical precision and problem solving ability. In part 1, using only the provided block of ice, a small drill, and any heat they can muster up, the chosen team member will have to make a shot glass similar to what the IceBar serves their vodka shots in. When the bartender has approved the shot glass, the team member can move on to part 2.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/37V8-XwBu7w" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/37V8-XwBu7w</a>

In the second part of the roadblock, the team member will have to solve a riddle by pouring vodka. The riddle is as follows:

"You have a 3-oz shot glass, a 5-oz shot glass, and an unlimited supply of vodka. How do you get exactly 4 oz of vodka without estimating?"

Riddle Solution:

Clue: Travel on foot approximately one kilometer to the Kungsträdgården, the pit stop for this leg of the race. Known as the King's Garden, this park's central location and outdoor cafes makes it one of the most popular hangouts and meeting places in Stockholm, hosting open air concerts in the summer and turning into an outdoor ice skating rink in the winter.

Warning: The last team to arrive may be eliminated.

**Transportation**
Show content
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #2 - Nuku
[Prague, Czech Republic]

Show content

This is Turin, a city located in northern Italy, it is an important business and cultural centre of the country. Known as playing host to the 2006 Winter Olympics and numerous other sporting events, you can also find a number of churches, palazzos, castles, palaces, museums, gardens, and art galleries.

And it is from this hill-top church - the Basilica of Superga - located on the outskirts of Turin where the final five teams will embark on the ninth leg of The Amazing Race!

ROUTE INFO: FLY TO PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC. YOU HAVE $151 FOR THIS LEG OF THE RACE.

Teams will now fly to the capital city of the Czech Republic: Prague. Nestled on the banks of the Vltava River, Prague is known for its rich history, culture, architecture, and beer. Along with a high quality of lifestyle, the city draws in millions of tourists from around the world year round. Each corner of the city is like turning the page in a history book and teams will get to experience all this first hand.

All teams are now travelling on the same flights from Turin to Prague, via Paris.

ROUTE INFO: FIND FRED AND GINGER

When teams touch down in Prague, they must find “Fred and Ginger”. What teams must figure out is that Fred and Ginger is a nickname for the famous Dancing House. When first built, this famous building caused some controversy because it stands out from the typical Baroque, Art Nouveau, Gothic, and Renaissance architecture of Prague. Teams will find their next clue here.

ROUTE INFO: MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE OLD TOWN SQUARE

Teams will now make their way to the Old Town Square. This historic square located in the heart of Prague’s Old Town Quarter is known for its magnificent architecture, seasonal markets, and numerous statues and memorials. It is in the centre of the square where teams will find their next clue.

ROUTE INFO: DISTINGUISH THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE OLD TOWN

Prague is a city rich with culture and history. It has been ranked as one of the most liveable cities in the world, mainly due to the magnificent architecture. Bringing in millions of tourists from around the world, each building in Prague tells it’s own story. And most buildings are also unique. The city is most famous for its Gothic, Baroque, Renaissance, and Art Nouveau architecture and teams will now get a chance to distinguish between the four.

Beginning from the Old Town Square, teams will search the Old Town Quarter of Prague for four different landmarks, each representing a different kind of architecture. They are St. Nicholas Church (Baroque), House at the Minute (Renaissance), Old Town Bridge Tower (Gothic), and the Municipal House (Art Nouveau). Outside each location, teams will find a postcard stand filled with postcards of the landmark. On the back side of each postcard would be one of the styles architecture. Teams would have to pick the postcard with the corresponding style of architecture on the back. Once they had collected all four postcards, they would head back to the Old Town Square and give their postcards to architect impersonator. If they had the correct kinds of architecture for each postcard, they would receive their next clue, but if not they had to go back to the landmarks until they brought back the correct four.

DETOUR: BURN THE WITCH OR MAKE SOME MAGIC
A Detour is the choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons. This Detour is a choice between paying homage to a Czech tradition, or taking part in an ancient form of philosophy that was once popular in Prague.

In Burn the Witch, teams will make their way to Petrin Hill in Prague and take part in a popular Czech tradition known as the burning of the witches. Known as Walpurgis Night, it is a celebration that takes place annually in April where people gather to have huge bonfires that burn a witch figure. This task will require great strength and attention to detail from the teams.

First teams will have to build two witches that will be used in the festival using materials such as cloth, straw, string, twigs, and sticks. If they had successfully matched the model witch and used all the materials, the judge would direct them to the next part of the Detour.

Teams then had to carry their witches, which weighed approximately eighty pounds, one mile up Petrin Hill to the bonfire area. Once they had gotten there, they would be greeted by locals already celebrating. Teams finally have to place their witches a top the eight meter high stacks of wood before lighting them on fire to receive their next clue.

In Make Some Magic, teams will head to the famous Prague Castle and become alchemist. An ancient form of philosophy, alchemy was once largely practiced in Prague and is an important part of the history and culture in the city. Many tourists destinations were once popular alchemy labs, including rooms of Prague Castle. In this side of the Detour, it is going to come down to the teams memory to push through.

When teams arrive at the castle, they will have to find the Daliborka Tower and search for the alchemy chamber. Inside of the chamber teams will find an alchemy transmutation circle, like shown below.

Teams will need to memorize each symbol and it’s placement on the circle.

Teams will then have to head to the Old Royal Palace on the other side of the castle. Here, they would find an Alchemical Table of Symbols, like the one below.

Teams would have to find the correct symbols and their corresponding meaning. After that they would have to select the potions that were labeled with the symbol’s meaning and place them in the correct positions on a lifesize transmutation circle. Once they had correctly recreated the transmutation circle with the right potions in the right positions, they would receive their next clue.

ROUTE INFO: MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE NATIONAL MARIONETTE THEATRE

Marionette’s have been an important part of Czech entertainment for hundreds of years. Known as the most difficult marionette’s to maneuver, large audiences flock to the National Marionette Theatre in Prague to watch the marionettists put on shows using their Czech marionettes year round. It is outside this popular theatre where teams will find their next clue.

ROADBLOCK: WHO CAN PULL THE RIGHT STRINGS?
A Roadblock is a task only one team member may perform. This Roadblock will require one team member to perform a part in a traditional Czech marionette show known as “Don Giovanni” in the National Marionette Theatre.

Teams will now get the chance to take part in a traditional form of Czech entertainment: Marionette’s. First, teams will pick their marionette and an instructor who will teach them a roll in the famous show “Don Giovanni”. They would need to practice the difficult hand maneuvers required to use a Czech marionette and get their timing right with the other performers.

Once teams felt confident with their performance, they would head to the stage and actually perform in the show. If the head marionettist felt their perform was satisfactory and they had correctly maneuvered the marionette, they would receive their next clue. If they didn’t do so, they would have to continue practicing and performing until they got it.

ROUTE INFO: MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE PITSTOP - WALLENSTEIN GARDENS AT THE WALLENSTEIN PALACE
WARNING: LAST TEAM TO CHECK IN MAY BE ELIMINATED!

Teams will find the ninth Pitstop of the Race in these gardens located in the Wallenstein Palace. This Baroque palace that was built in the 1600’s and has played host to numerous royals is now home to the Senate of the Czech Republic.
The last team to check in here MAY be eliminated.

Wiki:
Show content

Travel:
Show content
Witch Detour:

Alchemy Detour:

Architecture task:

Notes:
Show content

1. Woohoo round 4! When i first signed up i honestly never expected to make it this far, but here we are! super stoked for u to see what i had to offer this time around! i feel like im improving each and every rounf and hopefully the scores will show! still aiming for Top 5 or maybe even 3!!!
2. Ok so i hated this theme LOL!!! i was so stressed out because i hate big city legs and i have only done rural so far and i like having freedom with my designs!!! but u judges always know how to put us to the challenge!! so initally guadeloupe stood out for me LOLOLOL but it was just too small and didnt work out. i spent an entire 2 days just looking at potential and researching and thinking "uh oh im done for" but at last i found a destination: Prague!!! and it worked! i had interesting ideas and thye took shape and bam i had a leg that i think is super unique!
3. We start things off in Turin!!! All teams r on the same flight but it isnt predetermined! this is potentially a final 5 leg so it is fairly easy to find flights and everyone was able to get on this one!!! this leg teams use taxi as transportation and it is obviously a day leg! teams are released in Turin throughout the afternoon, i should note that as well!!
4. First task: Find Fred and Ginger. Should be fairly easy but it is a fun clue and dancing house is a great site that i cant beleive TARUS still hasn't visited! just a little cool task to start things off!!
5. Next up we have my architecture leg WHICH IS MY CITY REQUIREMENT TASK OR WHATEVER U WANT TO CALL IT!!! This task is gonna be pretty fun and will give teams and viewers a cool chance to see prague and it isnt a super easy task!!! teams have to travel on foot as it isnt a super long distance to run back and forth!!! could put a team off to a bad start if they fail to get it right and there can be some drama of teams working together or not!!!!
6. Now time for the detour!!! this detour pays homage to some very whimsical czech history and will be supppper interesting to watch on the TV and learn abt! we havent really seen tasks like these before so it gives viewers a different taste of Prague besides the art, beer, or the broken telephone game LOLOL!!
7. So we start with whiches!!! very straight forward and physical wuth the mile walk uphill with eighty pound witches!!!! drama between M/F teams????? hmmm sounds like most physical tasks lol!!! the making of the witches is also gonne be a lot harder than what it sounds and tricky!!! i mean u gotta tie all those materials together and make it pass the requirements so if ur strings arent tight enough things will not go well!!!!!!! this task just pays homage to a cool part of culture and is very straightforward but should still be cool!!!
8. Now the alchemy detour.... hmmmm.... when i chose prague i knew i was gonna do alchemy but i didnt know how so i did a lotttt of research!!!!! and i came up with this tasks that i have a love/hate relationship with!!! it is gonna test the memory like crazy and be super tricky!!!! but super fun to see too!!!! it seems like a lot but it really isnt as much as it sounds because the periodic table to potion conversion should only take a shortttt amount of time!!! slow and steady will definitely win this task!!!!
9. Now more notes abt that task... the table and circle i provided are not the ones that will be used!!!! i couldnt find accurate ones with good pictures so i settled for the best pictures JUST to give u an idea... plus not all symbols on certain circles r in all the tables so know those pictures are purely for ur rough understanding of what to expect!!!
10. Next up a road block!!! i have always dreamed of a marionette roadblock on amazing race and i stumbled upon the fact that marionettes are important in czech republic!!!! czech marionette's are known to be the hardest, so this will be another challenging task!!!! it will be cool the watch the teams try and use these puppets with the pros and i think it fit into my leg really well!! teams are gonna be either mentally or physically exhausted after the detour and architecture, and now their hands will be too LOLOL!!!!!
11. finally the pitstop at a cool palace!!!!
12. well this leg was a big challenge but i can say im pleased with the outcome!!!!! i really hope u enjoy this leg!!!
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #3 - Bookworm
[Barcelona, Spain]

Show content

Phil: This is Basque Country. An autonomous region that straddles the frontier between France and Spain, it's people are proud of their cultural heritage and, even today, fight to rebuild after the atrocities of the Franco Regime.

Phil: And on the outskirts of the town of Bermeo, on the shores of the Bay of Biscay, sits Gaztelugatxe.

Phil: This oceanfront church, noteworthy for its winding, cliffside steps, is the Pit Start for the Nth leg of the Amazing Race.

Phil: Chuck & Jim, who were the first team to arrive, will depart at 8:00 pm.

Chuck: Travel by bus and train to Barcelona!
Jim: Yeehaw! We got $65 for this Leg of the Race!

Phil: Teams must now travel by bus and train across northern Spain to Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia, another autonomous region in Spain. The city is known for its beautiful beaches and breathtaking architecture, which condenses the region's vast mythology into a series of incredible buildings, parks, and monuments.

All teams depart between 8:00 pm and 8:57 pm

Phil: All teams are taking a fifteen-minute shuttle, leaving every twenty minutes, to Lamera Bus Station in Bermeo. From there, they will take one of three buses to Bilbao.

Phil: Teams will spend the night in Bilbao before taking a morning train to beautiful Barcelona!

Phil: When teams arrive in Barcelona, they must make their way on foot outside the train station to the neighboring Parc de l'Espanya Industrial!

Phil: Once in the park, teams will have to find this colossal statue of a dragon. Created by Andres Nagel, the statue doubles as a slide. Teams must slide down this slide and search for their clue along the short ride.

Phil: The teams' clue, written on the side of the slide, reads "Find El Drac mas famoso."

Phil: Barcelona is known as the City of Dragons. The dragon, stemming from the legend of Saint George, known as Sant Jordi, is today a symbol of Catalan identity. As such, Barcelona is filled with thousands of dragon sculptures, indicative of how the city blends myth and architecture.

Phil: But the most famous dragon in the city is not a dragon at all- the colorful mosaic salamander in Parc Güell is known locally as "El Drac." Teams must figure this riddle out and make their way from Parc de l'Espanya Industrial to Parc Güell.

Phil: It is here that teams will find their next clue.

This clue reveals a:

Detour: Sagrada or Sangria?

Phil: Barcelona is beloved by residents and tourists alike for its ability to not only preserve, but celebrate Catalan culture. The city transforms prized historical traditions into elegant festivals, and always finds a way to provide for the celebrants. Teams will get a chance to immerse themselves in celebrations of Catalonia in this Detour, wherein they'll choose between Sagrada and Sangria.

Phil: Correfoc, known as "fire runs" in English, are a beautiful piece of Catalan tradition that allow celebrants to let loose! Dressed as devils, shooting fireworks, and surrounded by drummers, called Tabalers, Catalonian celebrants have found a way to include Correfoc in nearly ever single major Catalan holiday, including the Festival of San Mercè. In Sagrada, teams must join this Catalan tradition.

Phil: First, teams must make their way to La Sagrada Familia, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece. Then, they will join a group of four devils and don safety clothing.

Phil: Teams will then follow a marked route to La Monumental Bullring, running through the streets of Barcelona with two devils shooting fireworks in front of them, and two devils armed with sparklers behind them. Teams must attempt to reach the Tabalers before they finish playing, and must make sure that the devils are never without sparklers.

Phil: However, teams will have to do this while pushing a beast of La Mercè along the route. This beast will contain pockets full of sparklers, which must be empty by the time the teams reach the finish line. Teams must therefore fully immerse themselves in the Correfoc, looking behind them at their devils and their sparklers and running with a giant beast. If a devil ever has fewer than three lit sparklers, the team will have to stop running for 20 seconds.

Phil: If teams can reach the drummers before they finish playing, with empty pockets, they will receive their next clue. If teams fail, they'll be transported back to La Sagrada Familia to Race again. Only this time, they'll be able to choose between adding an extra verse to the drummers' song or removing 1 sparklers from each of the beast's pockets.

Phil: Sangria is one of the most popular drinks in Spain! A red wine punch, Sangria is notable for the high fruit content. In Sangria, teams must test their taste buds as they attempt to make the perfect punch.

Phil: First, teams must make their way to Palau Macaya, a Catalan cultural center.

Phil: Then, they will taste Sangria, kept in the traditional clay pitchers. Teams will then move to their own station, where they will attempt to add the correct combination of fruits to create an identical Sangria using a nonalcoholic red wine base..

Phil: The fruit spread consists of lemon, lime, pineapple, oranges, blueberries, apples, and peaches. Teams must be careful to not only add the correct fruits, but the correct quantities of each. If teams ever wanted to start over with a fresh pitcher, they could request one at any time. Once the sommelier reasoned that teams added the correct number of (slices of) each fruit- two lemon and one lime wedge, four blueberries, three orange wedges, and a quarter of a peach- he would give them their next clue.

"Make your way to Parc de la Ciutadella."

Phil: Teams must now make their way to Parc de la Ciutadella. This urban oasis is the largest green area in downtown Barcelona and features monuments, the Barcelona Zoo, and the Parliament of Catalonia. When teams arrive here, they'll find their next clue in front of the Cascada Monumental.

Roadblock: Who can stick the landing?

Phil: Weapons dances were common throughout Medieval Europe, but nowhere are they as popular as in Catalonia, which saw the genesis of these dances. In this Roadblock, one team member must join a Catalan dancing troupe in the Ball de Bastons dance. The Ball de Bastons features sticks, bastons, that the dancers click together in pairs.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SYAoQVnJZYM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SYAoQVnJZYM</a>

However, not only does the pattern of stick movement change, but the dancers themselves switch positions, with the rectangular octet frequently shifting shape. The dance involves choreographed transitions, running, and lots of clinking.

Once team members feel comfortable enough to perform, they can don the traditional red and white and perform in the park, with musical accompaniment. What racers must figure out, as they perform, as that the music lasts long enough such that teams must perform their set twice. Once team members correctly performed the entire routine, the troupe leader would give them their next clue.

"Make your way to the next Pit Stop, the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau."

Phil: Teams must now make their way across Barcelona to the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. This former hospital demonstrates how entrenched Art Nouveau and Modernista architecture are in the city of Barcelona and the culture of Catalonia. The Recinte Modernista, now a world heritage site, is the Pit Stop for this Leg of the Race. The last team to check in here may be eliminated.

Maps:

Map with Sagrada Detour (48 min)

Map with Sangria Detour (52 min)

There's a reason I had teams walk/run to Parc de l'Espanya Industrial. It's quicker than taking a cab!

Distance for Sagrada Detour. Obviously running takes much less time than walking.

Teams are given $65 to cover taxi transport while in Barcelona. Production covers the bus and train costs and the town provides the shuttles between the Pit Start and the Bermeo Bus Station.

My idea was to display Barcelona as a Utopia due to the not just preservation, but celebration of Catalonian culture. The Catalan people have long sought political autonomy, and in a world where minority groups are often persecuted (like the Uighur people in China) or pushed further into dangerous areas (like the Kurds, especially in their use as soldiers in Syria), it's important to note the locations where drives for autonomy are not met with repression, but instead festivals. Barcelona brings tourists in by the millions, and the pedestal on which the Catalonian culture is placed is key to this. This tourism revenue is a chief reason why the rest of Spain does not want an independent Catalunya. The celebration of Catalan people and their traditions in tourism and festivals is what I attempted to encapsulate in the Detour.

Similarly, Barcelona is incredibly noteworthy for its architecture. The architecture incorporates Catalan myths and traditions, like the dragons, but also adds new styles and ideas. The flair of Gaudi is felt upon the city, and the way with which the city blends vastly different architectural styles together under the same tradition, same city, etc. is another Utopian consideration. The riddle alludes to this. The note won't be hard to read on the slide or translate, and while El Drac is fairly well known, there are enough dragons to add a little confusion.

Now on to the Detour. Sagrada has a lot of moving parts, but I felt to do otherwise would be to sell the task short. Teams have to run with Devils while pushing a 400-pound Beast (the statues are for parades and thus have wheels). Teams have 3 minutes and 45 seconds to run- that's the time of the song. Each verse adds 25 seconds. 
For safety, on the devils in front of the teams will have firecrackers. Teams and the devils behind them will be handling harmless sparklers.
Each of the two devils behind teams have 3 sparklers at a time. These last for roughly a minute, tapered to finish every 20 seconds. Therefore, teams will have to exchange 6 sparklers per minute. In addition to the six sparklers the devils start out with, each of the two side pockets on the float have  7 sparklers. (6 x 2 and 1/3 = 14). Thus, teams will be unable to fully sprint for the entire time. Each set, consisting of the timed run and the shuttle back to the church, will take roughly 8 or 9 minutes. The devils will carry the beast into the shuttle for teams to save their strength. The task is not explicitly designed to be passed on the first try, unless a team is exceptionally fit, but the second and especially third attempts should prove successful. Teams can decide whether the speed or turning around to exchange sparklers cost them more time and adjust it accordingly. This is also done so teams don't just stack up time, though they certainly can. Between the 8=9 minutes for attempt and the 5-7 minutes to get on safety gear and costumes, I predict this side of the Detour will take between 15 and 44 minutes, with most teams around half an hour. However, and this is worth noting, to me, at least, the teams that complete the physical Sagrada Detour will be much more tired than those at Sangria. And, Kami, I acknowledge that the first Correfoc picture is at night, despite my leg taking place in the afternoon. Most Correfoc celebrations take place at night and thus the best pictures were for night, but it would be way too unsafe to host this task at night.

Sangria is a slow-and-steady option that doesn't have as much gambling as Sagrada but nevertheless rewards powers of taste and perception. It's pretty straightforward, but teams could definitely be making similar mistakes ad nauseum, such as adding one orange wedge too few or one berry too little. The fruit is cut for teams, so the judge won't be discerning correctness on taste so much as knowing what teams put in. Both wine samples are nonalcoholic because the Spanish sun is hot and I think it would be cruel to put teams at a situation where they may be at a sharply increased risk for dehydration. The sugar of the fruit dehydrates them enough, though alcohol would certainly make the task much harder. The task should take between 20 and 40 minutes.

I know the Roadblock is a dancing task, but it involves so much more than traditional choreography I felt that I had to include it! Catalonia is the origin and most popular venue for such weapons dances, though the bastons are not sharp- don't worry! Between the several different stick movements and the way the octet switches up, teams will definitely be tested physically. The movements are quick, so teams have little room for error. Perception is also important, since teams will have to notice the song going on longer than the practice. Overall, the entire performance should take 5 minutes. Teams can practice as long as they wish, but I see the task going on between 30 and 70 minutes. Like I said earlier, the task is gonna be physically demanding, meaning that the seemingly faster Detour, Sagrada, put these teams at a slight disadvantage if they're depleted from the run, evening out the Detours over the course of the Leg.

Teams will arrive at 1:20 pm, between the tasks and travel, I assume teams will check in between 3:13 and 4:30.

The Roadblock is a monument to Barcelona's architecture and caps the Leg nicely, cementing the connection between culture, architecture, and identity. Although casting Barcelona as a Utopia, the Leg certainly has a high potential for chaos :) I hope you all liked my Leg and I can keep making it through the rounds!

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #4 - ZBC Company
[Dublin, Ireland]

Show content
Phil: This is Riga

Phil: This is Riga, Latvia, a thriving and stunning city on the Baltic Coast. Riga Castle  is a castle on the banks of River Daugava in Riga, the capital of Latvia. The castle was founded in 1330. Its structure was thoroughly rebuilt between 1497 and 1515. Upon the castle's seizure by the Swedes, they constructed spacious annexes in 1641. The fortress was continually augmented and reconstructed between the 17th and 19th centuries. Sometime in the 1930s, some renovation work was done by architect Eižens Laube. The Latvian government declared the castle its residence in 1938. Today it is the official residence of the President of Latvia as well as home to several museums, and it served as the 10th Pit Stop in our race around the world!

XXX and XXX, who were the first to arrive at the end of the last leg, will depart first at 2:00AM.

Phil: Before leaving Rigia, in there next clue teams will find a brand new Galaxy Note20 5G inside the clue. Where teams, used this cell phone to introduce the history of  The Dublin and Monaghan bombings. At the end, Video teams will be introduced to three locations that the bombing happened in Dublin, Ireland (). Once the teams arrived in Dublin they found their 2020 Kia Rio in the airport parking lot, and drove their way to one of three locations to find their next clue. What the teams don't know is that their next clue is on Talbot Street, where a memorial to the bomb victims stands,  and the other two have fake clues inside the cluebox at memorials.

Note: The Dublin and Monaghan bombings of 17 May 1974 were a series of co-ordinated bombings in Dublin and Monaghan, Ireland. Three bombs exploded in Dublin during the evening rush hour and a fourth exploded in Monaghan almost ninety minutes later. They killed 33 civilians and a full-term unborn child, and injured almost 300. The bombings were the deadliest attack of the conflict known as the Troubles,[2] and the deadliest attack in the Republic's history. Most of the victims were young women, although the ages of the dead ranged from pre-born up to 80 years.

The Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF), a loyalist paramilitary group from Northern Ireland, claimed responsibility for the bombings in 1993. It had launched a number of attacks in the Republic since 1969. There are allegations taken seriously by inquiries that elements of the British state security forces helped the UVF carry out the bombings, including members of the Glenanne gang. Some of these allegations have come from former members of the security forces. The Irish parliament's Joint Committee on Justice called the attacks an act of international terrorism involving British state forces.[1] The month before the bombings, the British government had lifted the UVF's status as a proscribed organisation.

The bombings happened during the Ulster Workers' Council strike. This was a general strike called by hardline loyalists and unionists in Northern Ireland who opposed the Sunningdale Agreement. Specifically, they opposed the sharing of political power with Irish nationalists, and the proposed role for the Republic in the governance of Northern Ireland. The Republic's government had helped bring about the Agreement. The strike brought down the Agreement and the Northern Ireland Assembly on 28 May.

No-one has ever been charged with the bombings. A campaign by the victims' families led to an Irish government inquiry under Justice Henry Barron. His 2003 report criticised the Garda Síochána's investigation and said the investigators stopped their work prematurely.[4] It also criticised the Fine Gael/Labour government of the time for its inaction and lack of interest in the bombings. The report said it was likely that British security force personnel or MI5 intelligence was involved but had insufficient evidence of higher-level involvement. However, the inquiry was hindered by the British government's refusal to release key documents. The victims' families and others are continuing to campaign to this day for the British government to release these documents. I was inspired, because I am a history major and each person needs to learn about this tragic event in Ireland. This is not just an event that happens by these groups, it happened across ireland, North Ireland, and the UK. The reason why I chose Latvia is that it is a new country that has been visited to a country that is not unvisited. Honestly, season 12 was one of the worst legs to represent Ireland. I am hoping to make this leg better than season 12.

Phil: All 4 teams are flying on the same flight to Dublin, connecting in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and London, England.

Phil: Teams must drive their way to Saint Patrick's Cathedral, founded in 1191, which is the national cathedral of the Church of Ireland. With its 43-metre (141 ft) spire, St Patrick's is the tallest church (other than diocesan cathedrals) in Ireland and the largest. Christ Church Cathedral, also a Church of Ireland cathedral in Dublin, is designated as the local cathedral of the Diocese of Dublin and Glendalough. There they will find the next clue.

"Who Wants to Be a Builder"

Phil: A roadblock is a task in which only one person of the team may perform. On February 1st, the Irish will celebrate the feast day of one of Ireland’s patron saints, St. Brigid, by making Brigid’s Cross, a small cross woven from rushes. In this roadblock one team member will first learn how to make a smaller version of the cross. Once the team member learns how to make the Bridids Cross,  they must create one for their next clue.

Note: I was Inspire, by dryedmangoez detour. the original idea was do task based on St. Patrick's that sounds very cheesey, or do a task on Wren, it will be to scared. Roadblock, happens outside the Church because it is closed at 5:30pm.

https://youtu.be/bq0ci42PnLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WErPG3DiT24

Phil: Teams must now drive their way to the Ha'penny Bridge, known later for a time as the Penny Ha'penny Bridge, and officially the Liffey Bridge, is a pedestrian bridge built in May 1816 over the River Liffey in Dublin, Ireland.

Phil: A Detour is a choice between two tasks, each with their own pros and cons. In this Detour, teams must choose between two tasks that could soak up Irish culture. The choice,  Dance The Night Away, or Play The Night Away.

Phil: Irish dance is a group of traditional dance forms originating from Ireland, encompassing dancing both solo and in groups, and dancing for social, competitive, and performance purposes. Irish dance in its current form developed from various influences such as Native Irish dance, French quadrilles and English country dancing. Dance was taught by "travelling dance masters" across Ireland in the 17th-18th century, and separate dance forms developed according to regional practice and differing purposes. Irish dance became a significant part of Irish culture, particularly for Irish nationalist movements. From the early 20th century, a number of organisations promoted and codified the various forms of dance, creating competitive structures and standardised styles.In Dance The Night Away, teams will choose one of these marked bicycles. The teams must bicycle their way to the Project Arts Centre, where teams must learn Slip Jigs from the Cabe Academy of Irish Dance - Sandyford. They then had to perform the dance on stage with members of the Cabe Academy of Irish Dance - Sandyford to the satisfaction of the choreographer to receive their next clue. If teams had the right moves and could survive one of the hardest dances they could became successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_Hs4WTycw

Note: OUCH, this going be hard Detour, teams going to have lot issues raise their legs up. This anothor impormant culture aspect of Ireland.

Phil: Across Ireland A pub session (seisiún in Irish; seisean in Scottish Gaelic; seshoon in Manx Gaelic) is performing music in the setting of a local pub, in which the music-making is intermingled with the consumption of ale, stout, and beer and conversation.Performers sing and play traditional songs and tunes from the Irish, English, Scottish and Manx traditions, using instruments such as the fiddle, accordion, concertina, flute, tin whistle, uilleann pipes, tenor banjo, guitar, and bodhrán. Some sessions have dancing too. In Match The Night Away, teams will choose one of these marked bicycles. The teams had to bicycle to Project Arts Centre, where teams had to pick up instruments for a pub session and transport them to The Temple Bar Pub. Once the teams have all the correct instruments they need, the men will play from The Colliers Reel, a song called "Toss the Feather", once they finish the song and their beer they will be handed their next clue. What teams don't know in this room there so much instrumentals around the world that they have to choose from, and if the team has the perfect guest game they can get ahead of the game.

Note: I know this sounds like Morocco leg or Route Info. to explain this detour. Teams will be given a cell phone to listen to "Toss the Feather" based on this having to guest which instrument. Then they go into a room which has many musical instruments from around the world. They have a guest to see which one is correct or not.When they have their instruments, they believe they hear. Then they transport these instruments to this bar, if they are wrong they will be turned around by the group, and if correct they will take musical instruments to play the song. The teams will need to find a Fiddle, accordion, concertina, tenor banjo, and guitar is what the team needs to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj5faymNcCU

Phil: Teams must ride their bicycles to The Oliver St John Gogarty Pub for their next clue.

Phil: Teams will now learn how to make an Irish Coffee, once teams learn how to make Irish Coffee. One team member will become blindfolded when making drinks, while the second team member will guide them to make two Irish Coffees. Once Bartender approves the Two Irish Coffees, they will be handed their next clue.

Note: One Word: Survivor task inspires me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML6RuO5No64

Phil: Teams must now bicycle their way to Dublin Castle, a major Irish government complex, conference centre and tourist attraction. It is located off Dame Street in Dublin. The final Pit Stop of the Race. The first three teams will race in the Final Leg. The last team to check-in WILL be eliminated!

Note: The reason why we had teams, race on Bicycles will make for good for TV and having teams through the dark streets of Ireland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 01:26:08 PM by Pi/ »

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #5 - MrDS
[Lyon, France]

Show content

Phil: This is the beautiful city of Florence in Italy. As the capital city of the Tuscany region, Florence is one of the wealthiest cities in Italy, and is said to be the birthplace of the Renaissance Era. And in the heart of the city is Piazza della Signoria...

Phil: The plaza, famed for its reputation as the political focus of the Florentine Republic, is now the start point for the 9th leg in a race around the world!

Bananas & Wes were the winners of the last leg of the race, and so will depart first at 6:19pm.

INSIDE CLUE: Travel by overnight train to the city of Lyon, France! Once you arrive, rent a bicycle and travel by bicycle to Silk Saint Georges to receive your next clue.

You have $216 for this leg of the race.

Phil: Teams must now take an overnight train across the Italian countryside to the city of Lyon in France. Regarded as one of the most liveable cities in the world, Lyon is renowned for being one of the primary economic and cultural cities in France.

Phil: Once teams arrive, teams will rent a bicycle - the eco-friendly way to get around Lyon - to Silk Saint Georges in Lyon's silk district. Here, teams will collect their next clue.

*Teams depart from Piazza della Signoria between 6:19pm and 7:04pm and make their way towards Florence train station. Bananas & Wes arrive first and are told that there is only one train out from Florence arriving in Lyon the next day. All teams are seen booking the same train and alighting in Florence on the first train bound for Bologna.*

Phil: All teams are now travelling on the same train via Bologna, Milan, and Turin, to the city of Lyon in France.

*The scene cuts to teams running out of Lyon train station the next day, with the teams renting bicycles and beginning to cycle towards Lyon's silk district. Soon thereafter, Lauren & Cameron are the first to be seen at Silk Saint Georges.*

RB QUESTION: Who needs a new weave?

INSIDE CLUE: Participate in one of Lyon's oldest traditions - silk weaving! Following the ongoing demonstration, create a 2m cloth of silk using the materials provided. Every so often, you will be fed marron glacé, a chestnut covered in caramel and flavouring. Once you have woven your sheet, you will have it inspected by the head weaver who if satisfied, will give you another task before handing you your next clue.

NOTE: Once you have received your next clue, you must hold on to your silk sheet for the remainder of the leg.

Phil: Silk is one of the main celebrated items in Lyon, with King François I in 1540 granting Lyon a monopoly in raw silk production.

Now, in this Roadblock, one team member will follow an ongoing presentation of the method of weaving silk using a loom. Once they are satisfied, they can begin weaving together a 2m silk cloth. During the weaving process, teams will be given 5 marron glacé to eat, a confectionary which was invented in Lyon which involves covering a roasted chestnut in caramel and flavourings such as coffee and cinnamon. Once teams have woven their silk cloth to the satisfaction of the head weaver, they will then be instructed to order the marron glacé in the order they ate them. If their palates are up to snuff, they will receive their next clue. For each failure, they must bundle 10 silk cloths together ready for shipment before trying again. If they fail 3 times, they will be told after each further failure the placement of one of the marron glacé in the sequence after bundling up 10 more silk cloths.

*Lauren elects to complete this Roadblock and is shown the ongoing demonstration. All other teams slowly get to the silk boutique and choose their respective members to complete the Roadblock. Lauren is first to start the Roadblock, with Bananas and Sarah also starting on their task. Along the way, the workers handed out the marron glacé. With fast fingers, Sarah managed to complete her silk cloth first and headed to the head weaver who approved. Then, Sarah was given the additional task of identifying the order of marron glacé that she ate during the task. She initially gets it wrong and heads to bundle the cloths. Lauren is next and orders the marron glacé correctly and receives the next clue.*

INSIDE CLUE: Make your way by bicycle to Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière and search the grounds for your next clue.

Phil: Teams must now cycle to Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière in the heart of Lyon. Built in the late 19th century, it was the site of the forum vetus by the Romans. It is here where teams will find their next clue!

*Lauren is first to leave the Roadblock and head towards the basilica with Cameron. Soon thereafter, Angela is seen completing the Roadblock, with Sarah being told that she got the order wrong again. The scene then cuts to Lauren & Cameron arriving at the basilica and collects their next clue. At the same time, Bananas & Wes are seen leaving the silk boutique, leaving only Tony & Sarah and Rachel & Bryan at the Roadblock. Sarah is seen failing the marron glacé task for a fourth time, whilst Bryan is still working on completing the silk cloth after getting tangled in the loom.

INSIDE CLUE: Dress a window of Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière for the Festival of Lights! Using all of the materials provided and the written instructions, decorate a window to the satisfaction of the festival planner in order to receive your next clue.

Phil: Fête des Lumières, or the Festival of Lights, is an annual celebration which expresses gratitude towards Mary, the mother of Jesus, although the origins of the festival dates back to the 17th century where community members of Lyon would pray to Mary to stop the spread of plague by lighting candles outside their home. The Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière is notable in this festival for lighting up in an array of colours.

Now in this task, teams will help the planners of the festival by setting up window for the festival. Teams, using all the materials and written instructions provided, must dress one of the windows to allow the planners insight into decorative themes for this years' festivities. If the planners are satisfied with their work, teams will receive their next clue.

*Lauren & Cameron begin working on the window dressing, whilst Angela & Faith and Bananas & Wes are seen cycling through the streets of Lyon. The scene then cuts to Sarah finally completing the Roadblock, whilst Bryan is shown having his silk cloth inspected by the head weaver and the marron glacé task is shown to him. He puts the marron glacé in a specific order and gets it wrong, and is instructed to bundle 10 silk cloths. Lauren & Cameron are then seen setting up the window decorations, with Bananas & Wes arriving at the basilica and choosing a set of decorations. Lauren & Cameron ask for their work to be inspected first, and are told they have not fulfilled the brief. They return to their instructions, allowing Bananas & Wes to catch up. Lauren & Cameron ask for their work to be inspected again after noticing that there needs to be an even number of candles on each half of the arch. Their work is accepted and they receive their next clue.*

INSIDE TEXT: DETOUR: Stars on the Screen or Writing on the Wall

Stars on the Screen: Help restore a piece of cinematography history! Make your way by bicycle to Institut Lumière where you will be given 12 reels of film. Watching each reel of film in turn, rearrange and combine the reels of film together such that the movie at the end is one cohesive story. If the theatrical curator is satisfied with your work, you will be rewarded with your next clue.

Writing on the Wall: See the sights of the iconic Lyon forced perception murals! Starting at Mur des Canuts, search the "trompe l'œil" wall for an address to your next location which you must cycle to. Repeat this until you find a piece of art which contains the name of your next Pit Stop.

Phil: Lyon is famed for it's contribution to modern art, with film and street art being the two it is most renowned for. Now in this Detour, teams will get to experience one of these in either Stars on the Screen or Writing on the Wall!

Phil: Lyon is arguably famed for the rise of cinematography not only in Europe but in the world, with the Lumière brothers pioneering cinema in the late 19th century.

Now in Stars on the Screen, teams must make their way to Institut Lumière, built on where Auguste Lumière resided, where they will be presented with 12 reels of films and an old-fashioned projector. Using both of these, they must play the reels of film and then correctly discern the order of the film reels so as to create one complete movie. If they get the order right, they will receive their next clue. If they are wrong, they must re-order the reels before replaying the movie.

Phil: Street art is a rising art style in Lyon, with trompe l'œil, or forced perspective, walls dominating the cities buildings.

Now in Writing on the Wall, teams must cycle to Mur des Canuts where they will find one of Lyon's forced perspective walls. They must then search the mural for an address painted on the wall. They will then need to cycle to the next destination, where they will have to find another address. Once they've made it to the fifth and final wall, they will have to search the wall for the name of their next Pit Stop.

*Lauren & Cameron choose Stars on the Screen and head to Institut Lumière. Bananas & Wes catch up further at the basilica and receive their Detour clue, choosing Writing on the Wall. Everyone else is seen arriving at the basilica around the same time after Angela & Faith got lost on the way to the basilica. Lauren & Cameron are then seen arriving at the museum and begin watching each of the 12 film reels, each lasting about a minute. They then start to piece the film reels together, noting that a lot of the reels could match up perfectly. After their first attempt, they notice a number of discontinuities in their movie and restart. Meanwhile, Bananas & Wes are shown finding the first address on the mural at ___ and head to their next destination. Lauren & Cameron are then seen rewatching their movie, to which the cinema curator is satisfied and hands them their next clue.*

INSIDE CLUE: Travel by bicycle to your next Pit Stop - Parc de la Tête d'or! Once you arrive, search the park to find Phil.

The last team to check in here... MAY be eliminated!

Phil: Teams must now cycle their way to the next Pit Stop of the race - Parc de la Tête d'or. This botanical garden in the heart of Lyon includes a small zoo, velodrome and pétanque court. But it's here at the lake where teams will find the next Pit Stop of the race. The last team to check-in here... MAY be eliminated!

Wikipedia Summary of Leg

Leg 9 - Florence, Italy → Lyon, France
  • Florence (Florence Santa Maria Novella) to Lyon, France (Gare de la Part-Dieu)
  • Lyon (Silk Saint Georges)
  • Lyon (Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière)
  • Lyon (Institut Lumière or Streets of Lyon)
  • Lyon (Parc de la Tête d'or)

The Roadblock for this leg of the Race required teams to weave a 2m silk cloth following an ongoing demonstration using a silk loom. During the weaving, teams were given 5 marron glacé of different flavours (caramel, coffee, cinnamon, chocolate, cherry). Once teams completed their silk cloth, teams were instructed to seek approval from the head weaver, who if satisfied then asked teams to order the 5 marron glacé in the order they ate them. If they were successful, they would receive their next clue. For each failed attempt, teams had to bundle 10 silk cloths together before trying again. After the third and subsequent attempts, as well as bundling the cloths, teams were told the correct position of one of the 5 marron glacé in the sequence.

The Detour for this leg was Stars on the Screen or Writing on the Wall. In Stars on the Screen, teams had to make their way to Institut Lumière where they were given 12 film reels to a movie. By playing each film separately, teams had to combine the film reels together to create one cohesive movie. If the movie is correct to the cinema curator's satisfaction, teams received their next clue. In Writing on the Wall, teams had to cycle through the streets of Lyon searching for trompe l'œil walls around the city, with each wall having an address painted on it leading teams to their next destination. Once they have found the fifth and final mural, teams had to instead search for the name of their Pit Stop.

Additional Tasks

• When teams arrived at Gare de la Part-Dieu, they were instructed to rent bicycles at the station to use as their transport for this leg of the Race.
  • After the Roadblock, teams were instructed to keep the silk cloth they created for the Roadblock for the remainder of the leg.
  • At Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière, teams had to dress one of the windows of the basilica for the preparations of the Festival of Lights that takes place in Lyon each year using materials and written instructions. If the festival planners were satisfied with the team's work, they were rewarded with their next clue.

Designers Notes

Show content
Hi everyone! Onto round 4 and this was a good theme so mad props to the judges! For this round I decided to do Lyon as researching the list of cities that I wanted to do I found that Lyon had the most to offer. Asides from that, I don't really have much to say asides from... here are the notes (again, going in chronological order!)

• This leg is intended to be a leg done during the day and is a final 5 non-elimination leg.
  • All teams will be bunching on the same train to make this leg super exciting (even though we aren't getting an elimination this time!)
  • The reason why teams are cycling this leg as opposed to taking taxis is that Lyon is renowned for it's rental bike system allowing anybody to rent bikes for a small fee and allow them to take the sights of Lyon directly! Plus it will give teams a good workout eh?
  • For the Roadblock, teams will have to weave a 2m silk using a Jacquard loom, which is a traditional loom used to weave fabric. Here is a website explaining how hand-weaving fabrics works: https://www.fondazionelisio.org/en/manufacture/hand-weaving/
  • The marron glacé is to allow an extra layer of intricacy to the task and is also relevant to the task, as marron glacé were typically eaten by silk workers to give them energy to continue weaving the silk. The idea behind this is that the teams may not think about the sweets that they are eating which could throw them through a loop (considering teams will not be told this is the extra part of the task until they have their silk cloth approved!). Each team will receive a different order of sweets (so teams can't copy off of each other), and the 5 flavours are caramel, chocolate, cherry, cinnamon, and coffee.
  • For the ARI, teams will have to decorate a window of the basilica for the Festival of Lights. Now I know what you're thinking... "MrDS!? A lights task in the day!?" Lemme spill the tea for you sis. The city prepares for the Festival of Lights by coming up with a range of different styles and compositions of lights to work out what to use each year. So, the task is to help the city in determining what style they would like the decorations this year! If you want to see a picture of the basilica lit up during the Festival of Lights, here you go! :-)

• Here are typical instructions that teams will be given when dressing the window:

-Even number of candles to left and right of the centrepiece
    -Candles must be arranged by size in ascending order from the centre to the outside
    -The fairy lights must not cross each other, and the red fairy lights must be on the inside of the window
    -The centrepiece must not hang off the windowsill
    -Two white flowers must be placed either side of the centrepiece, one on each side
    -The wooden plaque must be the furthest laid back on the windowsill but not leaning on the window

They could have more instructions but these are just some examples that teams could be given. In addition to these, teams would be given additional props to use to decorate the window. Bearing in mind teams have to use the entire box of materials, the judges would also be looking for some creative license during this task.
  • For Stars on the Screen, teams will be instructed to watch the 12 films before they start reconstructing the movie. Each reel will be labelled from 1 to 12 and so when giving their answer to the curator, they will be giving the order in which they would like to combine the reels to the curator. He will then play their finished result. If he is satisfied he will hand teams their next clue, otherwise they will have to restart. The movie they will be piecing together is in black and white!
  • For Writing on the Wall, there isn't a whole lot to say on this task except to check the maps at the bottom of the notes to see where teams will have to cycle to in each part of the task. The next address will be painted on the wall in much the same way as the forced perspective is just to make the task a bit trickier. Although it may be difficult to see the forced perspective in some instances, the addresses will be clearly discernible to allow teams to read them and work out where they are going. If you want the names of the places, they are: Mur des Canuts -> Rue de Margnolles -> Collège Charles Sénard -> Allée Claude Dumont -> Chemin de la Pergola
  • Aaaaaaand finally, here are all the maps for this leg going in chronological order (including all the locations for the Writing on the Wall detour!):

Writing on the Wall Detour

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #6 - betheactress
[Amsterdam, Netherlands]

Show content

This is Andorra. A landlocked microstate nestled in the Pyrenees mountains, it is known for its ski resorts and duty free shopping. In World War II, France used it as their route to get their downed airmen back into France.

In the southern parish of Escaldes-Engordany, lies Caldea. This is the largest spa in Europe and also the tallest building in Andorra. This was the ninth Pit Stop in a race around the world!

Luann & Tom, who were the first to arrive at the end of the last leg, will depart first at 12:05AM.

Tom: Fly to Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Teams must now fly to the Venice of the north, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Founded as a small fishing village in the 12th century, it has grown to be one of the world's most multicultural cities due to its high social tolerance. The Netherlands has legalized abortion, prostitution and human euthanasia and has taken a relaxed stance on many drugs. Amsterdam was ranked 12th globally on the quality of life by Mercer.

As Andorra does not have an international airport, teams will have to research between Toulouse and Barcelona for which airport they will fly to Amsterdam from. Both airports are roughly 2 and a half hours from Andorra.

If teams fly from Toulouse, they can make the first flight into Amsterdam arriving at 8:20AM. However if they miss that flight, they will be forced to take the next one via Paris, arriving at 11:35AM.

If teams fly from Barcelona, the first flight to Amsterdam arrives at 8:40AM. Fortunately for them, if they miss this flight the next one will arrive at 9:35AM.

When teams land in Amsterdam, they must travel by taxi to the Waternet Headquarters. Waternet is the company solely responsible for Amsterdam's water quality, and they contribute to the sustainability of the 17th century canal system in Amsterdam. Teams will find their next clue down by the docks. Teams have $88 for this leg of the race.

"Who's ready to claw their way to the top?"

A roadblock is a task that only one person may perform.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qrxfT5EQxgI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qrxfT5EQxgI</a>

Amsterdam is the most bicycle friendly city in the world. With almost a million bicycles in the city, almost every single person owns a bike. Yet every year, over 15,000 of these bikes get lost in the canals, from drunken stupors at night to cars bumping bikes over the streets which have no guardrails to locals tossing them out when they've reached the end of the line. These can lead to water blockages and scratch the bottom of boats. Fortunately, the Dutch have a solution - bike fishing. Waternet employs people full time with benefits to operate a hydraulic claw and literally fish for bikes in the canals. All bikes fished out are recycled in a plant and turned into beer cans or other metal products.

In this roadblock, teams will pick a claw boat and barge. The person not completing the roadblock will be seated with the boat captain, while the person completing the roadblock will learn how to operate the hydraulic claw. Once they're cleared to launch, they will take their barge up river into the main canal circle of Amsterdam where they will have to fish out 20 bikes successfully and place them in the barge. Once they've done this, they will receive their next clue, and their boat will stop at the nearest dock and teams can continue racing.

"Find the only spot in Amsterdam where you can view 15 bridges at once."

Teams must work out that their next clue is leading them to the bridge of 15 bridges. From this bridge, near the canal intersection of Reguliersgracht and Herengracht is where you can view 6 bridges down Herengracht, and 6 arches down Reguliersgracht, with 3 bridges in the opposite direction. This is where teams will find their next clue.

A Detour is a choice between two tasks, each with their own pros and cons. In this Detour, teams must choose between two tasks relate to some of The Netherlands' most famous - the choice, Zoom In or Zoom Out.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek was a Dutch scientist who is known as the father of microbiology. He is most known for his invention of the simple lens microscope that he used to view fabric threads better than standard magnifying glasses. With his single lens microscopes, a whole other world opened up. In Zoom In, teams will have to head to the Micropia museum. There they will be given an unknown bacterium that they will have to perform various tests on to identify. There are eight potential unknowns, and nine tests available to teams. Teams will have to use the museum to look up the bacteria and the various test results using a microscope to understand what they're looking for. When teams think they have the bacteria identified, they can submit a guess to the microbiologist. If it's incorrect, they'll be given a new unknown to work with to start over. If they are correct, they will receive their next clue.

Vincent Van Gogh is one of the most famous Dutch post-impressionist painters known in the history of western art. He's painted over 800 oil paintings, including The Starry Night and Fifteen sunflowers in a vase. In Zoom Out, teams will make their way to the Van Gogh Museum in Museum Square. Once there they would need to walk through the museum as slowly or fast as they can. Once they exit, they will make their way to the marked station with 15 Van Gogh paintings. Using the knowledge they gained in the museum, they must determine which one of the fifteen paintings is one housed in the Van Gogh museum, which houses over 200 paintings. The other fourteen are paintings housed in other high profile museums around the globe. If they give the incorrect painting to the curator, they will have to go through the museum again before trying again. When they are correct, the curator will give them their next clue.

Show content
1. Starry Night - Museum of Modern Art, NYC
2. Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers- National Gallery of Art, London
3. Cafe Terrace at Night - Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo
4. Starry Night Over the Rhone - Musée D’Orsay, Paris
5. Irises - J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles
6. Bulb Fields - National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
7. Vase with Red Poppies - Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford
8. The Pont du Carrousel and the Louvre - Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen
9. Vase with Hollyhocks - Kunsthaus, Zurich
10. Vase with Zinnias and Other Flowers - National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa
11. La Berceuse - Art Institute of Chicago
12. Harvest in Provence - Israel Museum, Jerusalem
13. Quay with Men Unloading Sand Barges - Museum Folkwang, Essen
14. View of Arles, Flowering Orchards - Neue Pinakothek, Munich
15. The Sower - Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam

*subject to change but this is an example list

Teams must now make their way on foot 1 kilometer to the Bloemenmarkt. This is a floating flower market unique to Amsterdam. Located on a stretch of the Singel canal, this floating flower market has had fresh flowers (mostly tulips) every day since 1862 when flower growers would sail their barges in and sell their flowers in the city. This is where teams will find their next clue.

In the early 1600s, the Dutch experienced a phenomenon over tulips. Tulips, in particular a specific strain of tulips known as the Semper Augustus, which was a tulip with a virus that caused mosaic pedals. These and other specialty tulips could be sold for ten times the income of a skilled craftsworker. Today, teams will be transported back to the 17th century and they must accumulate enough tulips to trade for a Semper Augustus. Teams must walk around the numerous tulip stalls where they will have different flowers for sale, and will be asking for specific flowers in return. Some stalls will trade 20 red tulips for 10 orange and 10 purple tulips, while another might only sell green tulips for euros. Once they can accumulate enough tulips to trade for the Semper Augustus, which will be traded for the hefty price of 50 red, 50 orange, 50 blue, 50 green and 50 pink tulips, they will receive their prized flower in the form of a wooden replica (which doesn't have a flower virus) that has their Pit Stop engraved on the stem.

Receiving their flower, teams find it has the name of their Pit Stop engraved on it, the A'DAM Lookout on the north side of Amsterdam. The lookout tower is 20 stories tall with an elevator light show and panoramic swing that overlooks the Port of Amsterdam. This is the Pit Stop for this leg of the race. The last team to check-in here, may be eliminated!

Production notes
Show content
-The drive takes roughly 2 and a half hours to both airports. The pit start is also a hotel, so they can google flights and determine the best route to take... if they're smart :)
-In the roadblock, the boat is driven by it's own driver so teams aren't responsible for it. All they have to do is communicate for the boat to halt so they can attempt to fish a bike out. They have to be smart in where they direct their driver to go, aka more high traffic areas and put the claw closer to the wall to increase their chances. I also feel like my task is a nice spin on the TAR staple Netherlands bike task  :-[
-The roadblock is my livability task, filed under sustainability [recycling the bikes], environment [keeping waterways in a big city clean], and infrastructure [bikes being a staple in Amsterdam households].
-In Zoom In, since the tests typically take 24 hours to do, the lab attendant will show teams the result of the test they're running, but teams will still have to inoculate the plate/tube/run the gram stain/catalase slides themselves as apart of the task. In addition, they have to interpret the results (e.g. knowing what a yellow MSA plate means) using the resources available.
--Zoom In is my livability task, filed under education [undergraduate microbiology levels].
-In Zoom Out, the names of the paintings aren't listed and they only have the print of the painting. This is so they can't have locals help them google unless they themselves are knowledgable about Van Gogh's pieces as some (including the correct answer in my list) are some of his more obscure works. Also as any museum would, there is naturally merchandise and posters of paintings (like The Starry Night and other paintings in the exhibits that are in the museum which will throw teams off as they need the original physical painting to be on display).
-They can rush through the museum on multiple attempts, as long as they go through the entrance and leave through the exit (if they resort to hail Mary guessing).
--Zoom Out is my livability task, filed under culture [famous artist].
-Both detour locations are roughly 1.7km away from the Bloemenmarkt, and google says both take 20 minutes walking time to get there. This means either detour location doesn't offer any particular location in regards to the next clue. Walking is better anyways since the canal circle is very hard to drive through and most taxi drivers avoid it.
-Besides the walking requirement to Bloemenmarkt, there is no other transportation restriction and there is multiple optimal transportation choices from metro to walking to taxi for teams to utilize this leg.
-Only one stall will offer the special tulip, and I made the price so extravagant to highlight how ridiculous this was in the 17th century, and for the fun visuals of teams lugging over 200 flowers around such tight spaces  :2hearts:

Wiki version of my leg can be found here.

Maps are back this round too...
Show content

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #7 - MikeDodgers
[Toronto, Canada]

Show content
Leg 12 (Australia -> Canada)

Pit Start: Royal Botanic Garden - Sydney, Australia

- Sydney (Kingsford Smith Airport) to Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Toronto Pearson Airport)
- Toronto (CN Tower) [Active Route Info: Live on the edge and preform the CN Tower's Edgewalk]
- Toronto (Moose In The City - Rogers Centre, Sherbourne Street, 1 Yonge Street) [Active Route Info: Find The Herd]
- Toronto (Hockey Hall Of Fame) [Detour: Shootout or Shut Out?]
- Toronto (Nathan Phillips Square) [Roadblock: Find Your FLASHPOINT]
- Toronto (Harbourfront Centre) [Active Route Info: Fusion Cuisine Memory]
- Toronto (Casa Loma) [PIT STOP: Elimination Point]

The Detour for this leg was a choice between SHOOTOUT or SHUT OUT. Both options had teams go to the Hockey Hall of Fame's NHLPA Game Time exhibit. SHOOTOUT required teams to go to the Goodyear Shoot Out area, play on the All-Star level and successfully get a total of 6 shots (3 per teammate) past a life-size animated version of NHL All-Star goaltender Carey Price. Once they've scored a hat trick, their next clue will be shown on screen. SHUT OUT required teams to go to the Shut Out area, play on the All-Star level and successfully stop a total of 10 shots (5 per teammate) from a video image of NHL All-Star winger and 3 time Stanley Cup champion Sidney Crosby. When they've pitched a shut out, they'll get their next clue on screen. The Roadblock for this leg sent teams to Nathan Phillips Square, home of Toronto's Nuit Blanche festival. There, one team member had to search through the crowds of the Nuit Blanche festival for cards of the 8 main characters of the CBS/CTV series 'Flashpoint', done in the style of Canadian painter Goodridge Roberts. They then had to match the card with the character it depicted. If they were correct, Amy Jo Johnson would hand teams their next clue.

Additional Tasks:

- At the CN Tower, teams were placed in rappelling gear and had to ascend to the top of the CN Tower, where they had to do the famous Edgewalk. During their walk, they had 10 minutes to find their next clue. If they couldn't, they would have to go back in line and try again.

- After performing their Edgewalk, teams had to figure out their next clue was leading them to Carl Durban's Moose on the Move statue in front of Rogers Centre. From there, after taking a picture of that statue, they had to find and take pictures of 2 more Moose in the City statues - the Loyalist Moose statue on Sherbourne Street, and Presston Starwinkle at 1 Yonge Street - using only pictures for guidance and help from locals.

- At Harbourfront Centre, teams had to search through a series of food stands and correctly guess 5 countries based on the fusion cuisine that they tried. Once 5 countries were correctly guessed, teams would receive a picture leading them to the location of the Pit Stop.

Fantasy Game style:

This is Sydney, one of Australia's most populous cities. First inhabited more than 50,000 years ago, it has since morphed into an important world port city. And in the shadow of the Sydney Harbour Bridge...

...the Royal Botanic Garden. This lush expanse of natural life is the start of the 12th leg...in a race around the world

Milo & Melissa won the last leg of the race and will depart first at 9:54 AM.

Other Departing Times:

Shawn & Camila: 9:58 AM
Pete & Jeff: 10:16 AM
Bopper & Mark: 10:30 AM

FLY TO TORONTO, CANADA! You have $140 for this leg of the race!

Teams must now fly 9,700 miles across the International Date Line to our neighbors to the north - Canada. When they land in Toronto...

...they must make their way to the CN Tower to pick up their next clue.

Arriving first at the CN Tower, Shawn & Camila find an Active Route Info!

ROUTE INFO: Live On The Edge and Perform CN Tower's famous Edgewalk!

The CN Tower is the tallest man-made structure in Canada and since 2011, thrill-seekers can walk on and around the iconic CN Tower roof. To make it to the Final 3 and have a chance at $1,000,000, teams will now have to live on the edge and preform...THE EDGEWALK. After donning rappelling gear, they must ascend to the top of the CN Tower. Then, they will have 10 minutes to walk along the roof and find their next clue. If they fail, they must go back in line and try again.

Completing the ARI in first place, Milo and Melissa find a picture and a Route Info!

Make Your Way To 1 Blue Jays Way...

Teams must now figure out that their clue is referring to the Rogers Centre, home of Major League Baseball's Toronto Blue Jays. When they arrive, they must find Carl Durban's Moose On The Move statue and take a picture of it to pick up their next clue.

At the Moose on the Move statue, teams find more Route Info!

You found one moose, now find the others....

Teams must now search the vast city of Toronto for 2 more moose statues - the Loyalist Moose on Sherbourne Street and Presston Starwinkle on 1 Yonge Street. They can only use the pictures on their clue and locals for assistance. Once they've gathered the herd by taking pictures of the moose, they can then make their way here...

...to the Hockey Hall of Fame, where they can exchange the pictures for their next clue.

Arriving at the Hockey Hall of Fame first, Shawn and Camila find a Detour!

DETOUR: SHOOTOUT OR SHUTOUT?

Hockey is Canada's national winter sport and here in Toronto, the history of the sport runs deep. No place holds hockey history more dear than the Hockey Hall of Fame. Here in the shadows of greats such as Gretzky, Richard, Kurri, Messier, Lindros and Howe, teams must now choose between taking shots or stopping them. Their choice - SHOOTOUT...or SHUT OUT.

SHOOTOUT requires teams to go to the NHLPA Game Time exhibit's Goodyear Shootout area. Once there, they must play on the All-Star level, where they must take shots until they can get a total of 6 - 3 per teammate - past a life-size animated image of NHL All-Star goaltender Carey Price. Once both team members have scored a hat trick, they'll be presented with their next clue!

SHUT OUT requires teams to go to the Shut Out area set to the All-Star difficulty level, put on regulation NHL goaltender gear and face sponge pucks being shot at 70 MPH or more from a video image of 3 time Stanley Cup champion winger Sidney Crosby until they stop a total of 10 - 5 per teammate. Once both team members have proven themselves between the pipes, they'll be rewarded with their next clue! In both cases, once a team has finished their task, their next clue will be shown on screen.

Completing the Detour in 1st place, Shawn and Camila find a Route Info!

Get Yourselves To Nathan Phillips Square...

Teams must now travel by taxi to Nathan Phillips Square in the center of downtown Toronto to pick up their next clue.

Arriving at Nathan Phillips Square in first place, Milo and Melissa find a Roadblock!

ROADBLOCK: Find Your FLASHPOINT...

Toronto is known as Hollywood North and has been the home of some major TV and film productions, including the CTV and CBS drama 'Flashpoint', which was filmed entirely on location right here in Toronto. Here in the middle of Toronto's Nuit Blanche art festival, held every October at Nathan Phillips Square, one team member has to put their detective skills to the test as they search through the crowds to find cards depicting the 8 main characters of 'Flashpoint', done in the style of Canadian painter Goodridge Roberts, then match those cards to the names of the characters they depict. But they must be careful, because some festival goers are also holding cards that depict styles from other Canadian painters that are incorrect. Once they've cracked the case, Jules Callaghan herself - Amy Jo Johnson - will hand teams their next clue!

Completing the Roadblock in first place, Pete & Jeff are presented with more Route Info!

Travel By Taxi To Harbourfront Centre...

Teams must now travel by taxi to Harbourfront Centre...this cultural center of downtown Toronto is where teams will find their next clue.

Arriving at Harbourfront Centre first, Milo and Melissa find an Active Route Info!

Get Your Fusion On!

Toronto is known for its fusion cuisine. Here at Harbourfront Centre, teams must now test their memory of the places they've been...using their tastebuds. They must search through the food stands and taste fusion cuisine representing the countries they've visited on the race. When they've correctly guessed 5, they'll receive their next clue!

Completing the last ARI in first place, Shawn & Camila find their last piece of Route Info!

TRAVEL BY TAXI TO THE NEXT PIT STOP - CASA LOMA.

Teams must now travel by taxi to find this place...

...Casa Loma. This Gothic Revival style mansion and garden, recently converted into a museum, is now the Pit Stop for this leg of the race. The first 3 teams to arrive will race to the Finish Line for $1,000,000. And the last team to check in here...WILL BE ELIMINATED!

Flight:

Notes For The Judges:

- The Fusion Cuisine ARI will have dishes that are a mix of 2-3 countries and teams must find a combination of 5 plates representing countries that they've visited.
- For the Detour, the All-Star difficulty is difficult, but not impossible. I thought 3 shots for the Shootout side would be doable and also serve as a nice NHL reference since 3 goals in a game is considered a hat trick.
- The Roadblock, as well as the Moose ARI serve as the art tasks of the leg. The RB is a homage to Toronto's film and TV industry and also serves as some good product placement, like what we'd see on TAR Canada; sounds like something CTV and CBS would do.
- Again, major thanks to Leafsfan for helping me out with this Canada leg and with the graphics for it.

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #8 - elthemagnifico
[Kobe, Japan]

Show content

Phil: As a city and a country, Singapore has emerged to be one of the main business and hub in Southeast Asia, and in Asia. Ports, Techs, Hubs, have been the part that made Singapore enormous from the other Souteast Asia countries.

And in the center of the Singapore, Garden by the Bay. This beautiful garden surroundings will be the place, as five teams will start of their next leg, on The Amazing Race

Phineas and Ferb will depart first at 04:02 AM

Fly to Kobe, Japan. Once you arrive at Kobe airport, drive yourself to Anpanman Children Museum to get your first clue. you have 20$ for this leg.

Phil:  Team now must fly 3061 miles to the city of Kobe, Japan, the most European city in Japan, producer of Kobe beef and the first Japanese jazz band.

Phil: once they touchdown at Kobe Airport, they will have to drive to Anpanman Children Museum, dedicated to one of the biggest Japanese cartoon and manga series, Anpanman, to get their next clue at the entrance.

Phil: All teams now fly on the same flight, 3061 miles to Kobe, Japan

map:
Show content

House of Operation: 9 AM

Tom & Butch finds a Speed Bump

Go to Komon Restaurant, Find the Kobe Beef, and slice thin the beef to prepare for shabu-shabu

Phil: After avoiding from elimination on the previous leg, Tom & Butch must complete a speed bump. In this speed bump, they have to drive themselves to Komon restaurant to prepare a shabu-shabu, a japanese dish consists of thinly sliced meats and vegetables boiled in water, and dipping sauces. They have to find the Kobe beef, one of the most famous wagyu beef, and proudest local production. once there, they have to slice at least 5 meats, and prepare the vegetables, and the sauces. once their work satisfy the main chef, they will deliver the dish to the marked table, to complete the task, and catch up with the other teams.

note and map:
Show content
video of how to thin slice a meat

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/OZRhHx5GRVA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/OZRhHx5GRVA</a>

how to prepare shabu shabu
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tw8EXKWwudQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tw8EXKWwudQ</a>

- they dont have to cut the vegetables, since the vegetables have been cut. they just have to prepare the finished vegetables cuts to the boiled water. also sauce has already finished.
- they can watch the chef worjing on how thin slicing the meat before they do it themselves

map:

Dress Yourself as one of the characters of Anpanman Series, and get grooving to entertain the children

Phil: Anpanman Series has been accompanying Japanese Chilhoods through decades with their tv series and mangas, even holding the world record in 2009 for having the most characters in a series.
This task requires teams to dress up cosplaying as one of the Anpanman's characters, then entertain a group of children by performing a dance accompanying the theme song of the series. After practicinh the movements, they have to entrtain the children to their satisfactory, so an event host will reward them their next clues.

video:
Show content
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5MjcSIc5V3I" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5MjcSIc5V3I</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pErpuMHceL4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pErpuMHceL4</a>

- teams have to wait for turn once one team perform
- The audience and the judge won't tell their mistake. it's them to figure themselves

Drive yourself to Sorauken Garden, and find the tea house to receive the next clue

map:
Show content

Who wants to be a good servant?

Phil: This Japanese tea ceremony has been practiced since centuries, as host presented the elegance of preparation of matcha, known as otemae, to the guest

Phil: This Roadblock requires a member of team to properly prepare matcha to the guest. after wearing kimono, and practices the movements of tea preparation, the performer has to flawlessly prepare the tea to the guest, if their preparation and service satisfy the guest, the guest will hand them the next clue

notes:
Show content
the videos: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KfDTuNyup9Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KfDTuNyup9Y</a>

- Since the room is kinda small for containing all of the teams, only the performer who will practice and do the task inside, the other non performers must wait outside
- the other performer must wait for the turn if a perform is doing the task
- the judge won't tell their mistake for this task, it's them to figure out themselves
- every moves count. if any miss on their move, and they would have to start over or go back to the practice

Drive yourself to Ikuta Shrine to receive your next clue.

Phil: Teams now drive themselves to Ikuta Shrine, one of the oldest shrine in Japan. once there, they will find the next clue on the entrance of the Shrine.

map
Show content

Detour: Slicky or Sticky

This Detour gives the team the opportunities to experience two highlights of Kobe activities

Slicky: Drive yourself to Kobe Lapis Hall. Participate in Japanese Jazz Band, and jam a japanese jazz song to the satisfaction of audiences and judge

Phil: Once criticized as a rip-off to the original jazz, Japanese Jazz now put the special spot in Jazz' connosieurs around the world, with its Japanese culture influence to the jazz. Here in Kobe, the city claim themselves as the first Japanese Jazz band born.

This Detour requires team to play a 3 minutes gig of a Japanese Jazz song. After arriving at Kobe Lapis Hall, teams have to decide which one of them will be singing or playing bass. Then, they will pick the instructor to practice both singing and playing bass. Once they figure they will be giving a good performance, they can start jamming with the other members of the band, to meet the satisfactory of the audience, and the judge.

notes and map:
Show content
video of the example of the Japanese Jazz

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NITp06kZzSg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NITp06kZzSg</a>

- The song is created and arranged to suit the task's difficulty, not too difficult, but not too easy, which teams can play accordingly without having learn too deep about the music stuff.
- the song's lyrics is in Japanese
- teams can take turn/change the position as they wish, but that means they have to practice their own field from the scratch.
- decide to have them either singing or playing the bass since those spots are relatively easier compared to trumpets, saxophones, keyboards, or even drum
- the bass will be the electric bass

Slicky: Drive to Hakutsuru Brewery. Participating in essential methods of sake making, and do the work of supervisor's approval to get your next work

Phil: Sake has been making throughout centuries, with Kobe contributing 45%(along with Fushimi) of all sake in Japan.

This Detour requires team to participating the essential methods of sake making. Once arriving at Hakutsure Brewere, then teams have to search a marked sack of steamed rice, and create a Koji, basically spreading the steamed rice with spores. once process is done and approved by the supervisor, they can wrap the koji up to be stored, and take the marked finished koji and bring it to the tank, where they have to pour the kojis into a tank mixed of water and steamed rice. then, they have to mix it, until the koji mixed accordingly with the water and the steamed race. Once their process is apporved by the supervisor, they cam have finished samples of sake, and receive the next clue

notes:
Show content
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_LwRZ4Y58oc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_LwRZ4Y58oc</a>

- they don't have to follow the whole process as in the video, just what Phil mentioned above, to short the time.
- they have each own station, so there is no limitation.

Drive your way to Kobe Kitano Museum to receive the next clue

Phil: Teams now have to drive themselves to Kobe Kitano museum, in Kitano area, where European style influence this region, to receive the next clue.

map:
Show content

From Jazz spot

From Sake spot

using only a roadblock clues to determine the house that contains the next clue

Phil: With european influence on this region, most buildings of the Kitano's area have a taste of European architecture. In this task, teams will reminisce a bit of their European Journey of the amazing race. This task requires team to locate their next clue with just a roadblock clue that appeared in one of the european countries of this season of The Amazing Race: Denmark House.

notes and map:
Show content
- there are 4 european countries that are visited in the race: Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, England, and Denmark. Three of them have houses styled based on those countries on Kitano region (Austria, England, and Denmark). only Denmark House is right.

map:

Drive yourself to the pit stop, Mount Rokko Terrace Garden. Warning, the last to who check in may be eliminated

Phil: This Terrace, located on this beautiful Mount Rokko, is the pit stop of this leg of the race. The last team who check in here, may be eliminated

map:
Show content

Additional Notes:
Show content

1. I originally planned to do the leg in Tokyo, but since it is removed, i decided to put the leg in Kobe
2. I want to showcase more of Japanese cultures, especially Kobe's, and not just about game shows, which apparently are a trend when they visited Japan
3. 20$ for the additional money of course, since this is (another) self driving leg
4. The requirement for the leg itself are the speedbump task, and the last ARI task. showcasing the Kobe's highlights: Kobe beef, and European influence architecture on Kitano region
5. The Anpanman task i think it would be good on TV since it involving entertaining the children and you can see how precious it is havimg and sharing smiles with the children
6. while the tea themed task has been done before, the preparation of the tea hasn't, especially in Japan, so i want to showcase the unique of the Japanese preparation tea ceremony.
7. Skill task vs labour task should be interesting as detour, and i want to showcase too some of the Kobe's highlights.
8. I hope you all enjoy this leg.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 11:58:50 AM by Pi/ »

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #9 - nrh2110
[Helsinki, Finland]

Show content
This is Luxor.

The site of ancient Thebes, Luxor is one of Egypt's archaeological centers, with evidence of people living there 250,000 years ago. It's home to some of Egypt's most popular sites, including the Valley of Kings, Karnak Temple, and here where I am—the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut.

Built to honor Amun, the Egyptian god of the skies and creator of the universe, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut bears the name of the pharaoh who had it built. It also served as the seventh pit stop in a race around the world

Having been awarded the Fast Forward, Sandy & Anthony won the last leg of the race and have a huge lead on the other teams. They will depart first at 11:15 PM.

Sandy: All right babe, another leg, let's go!
Anthony: Guess we're leaving the heat!

Route Info: Fly to Helsinki, Finland!

Teams will now fly north over 2,400 miles to the city of Finland! Upon arrival in Helsinki, they will find their next clue waiting for them one of the marked Ford Focuses parked outside the airport.

You have 20 USD for this leg of the race.

Sandy: What?? A measly twenty dollars? Helsinki better not be expensive!

All teams are now on the same flight to Helsinki, departing at 3:45 AM via Istanbul, arriving in Helsinki at 11:40 AM.

Route Info: Drive yourselves to the Market Square and find the marked stall. Once there, each team member must eat a full serving of salmiakki.

Not everyone in the world likes licorice, but to Finnish people, they love their salmiakki—salty licorice. Flavored with ammonium chloride, salmiakki is without a doubt an acquired taste, and each team member will have to eat an entire bag of it before the vendor will give them their next clue.

Detour: Living or Listening

A Detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its pros and cons. Their choices—Living or Listening.

Living: Finland is the only EU-country where homelessness is on the decline and that's thanks to it's "Housing First" program—a program started in 2008 to ensure accommodation for everyone regardless of income. Part of this program was lending money to NGOs like the "Y-Foundation" to buy privately-owned flats and renovate them into long-term housing for homeless people. This Detour will have teams join the fight against homelessness. They must drive themselves to Cityyoki. Once there, they must choose a foreman who will direct them to the flat that they have to renovate. First, teams must repaint the walls. Once the walls are fully repainted to the satisfaction of the foreman, they must go back downstairs and pick up a new toilet tank and install it in the bathroom. Once the toilet is installed, they must carry up a new bed frame and a new mattress and properly place it in the apartment. Once they have completed that, the foreman will give them their next clue.

Listening: One of Helsinki's celebrate people is the late Romantic composer Jean Sibelius. During his lifetime, he wrote seven symphonies, along with an eighth symphony that he never published. In this Detour, teams will have to drive themselves to the Musiikkitalo, the performing space for the Sibelius Academy. Once there, teams will have to sit in on a performance in which the Academy's orchestral will play sketches from each of the seven symphonies in order. After the performance, teams must make their way back to the lobby, where they will be given a stack of 7 vinyl records, each with one of the seven symphonies in its entirety. Using a record player, teams will have to figure out the correct order of the vinyls. Once they feel they are ready, they can have the music professor check their work. If it is correct, they will receive their next clue. If not, they can either keep trying or go watch another performance. However, each ten minute performance starts only every fifteen minutes, so they must be careful with their time.

Route Info: Drive yourselves to Helsinki Olympic Stadium.

Teams must now drive themselves to Helsinki Olympic Stadium. Once there, they will find their next clue at the soccer field outside the stadium.

Roadblock: Who can carry the team to the finish?

One of Finland's famous contests is the wife-carrying contest. Traditionally in this contest, a man carries his wife through an obstacle course, racing to be the first one to cross the finish line. In fact, every year at the Wife Carrying Championship in Sonkajärvi, men compete to win the grand prize of their wife's weight in beer. In this Roadblock, one team member must pick a "wife" to carry through the obstacle course. They must complete four laps without going across obstacles including two sand pits, a water pit, and a barrier they must get over. Once they have completed four laps, the referee will give them their next clue.

Route Info: Make your way to your next pit stop, Temppeliaukio Church!

Helsinki is known as a "city of architecture", full of architectural sites dispersed all around the city. It is well known for its contemporary architecture by architects such as Alvar Aalto and the Suomalainen brothers—brothers Timo and Tuomo who famously designed the Temppeliaukio Church.

Built directly into solid rock, giving it its nickname "Church of the Rock", this beautiful 20th Century church is the pit stop for this leg of the race. The last team to check in may be eliminated.

Show content
Notes:

Hello once again judges! I'm glad you liked my design last round, I hope this holds up as well.

One of the most amazing things about Nordic countries are the social programs they have, so right when I saw the theme of this leg and the cities available, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. But we'll get to that part.

Firstly, I figured why not depart my previous city to get to Helsinki? It's very close to being directly north. Unfortunately, due to COVID, flights weren't as frequent, but given the HoO on the last leg (8 AM) and how long it should take to complete it (especially given the Fast Forward) the flight is perfect, so all teams are bunched on it: https://i.ibb.co/4VnbD7T/Screen-Shot-2020-08-27-at-1-50-46-AM.png

Secondly, I chose to make this a self-drive leg because Finland is a modern country that is safe to drive around in, and many of the TAR legs in Nordic countries have been self drives like the Copenhagen legs, the TAR 23 Norway legs, etc.

Next, I know that an ARI was not required this leg, but I have yet to do an actual eating task, and I think this is great because many eating tasks are meat-related, which makes it difficult for the growing vegetarian/vegan population who will both be watching and running the race. I honestly can't think of a gross eating challenge that didn't have to do with meat or seafood. I figured having them eat a Finnish "treat" would be a great first exposure to Finland. Each will have to eat half of this bag.

Now the Detours. Both sides of the Detour fit the requirement for this leg—fighting homelessness ties into stability, and Sibelius ties into culture (you can see Sibelius's name all over the city! They really love the guy!)

The homelessness one I thought would be a good meaningful detour. I think it's incredible how Finland is really fighting homelessness (their rate in 2018 was 9 per 10,000 people thanks to their measures), and I've seen their program circulating around social media, so when I saw the theme was about most livable cities, I knew exactly how I wanted to tie the theme into the leg when I saw that Helsinki was an option. To better explain, upon arrival, teams will pick a foreman, and they will take paints out of an equipment truck and bring it to the flat. The protective plastic/painter's tape will already be down in the area they need to repaint so all they need to do is evenly paint a coat. These flats for homeless are small—they're typically one or two bedrooms (in this case it will be a one bedroom apartment, so it won't be an enormously long paint job. They will be painting everywhere except the bedroom where they will be installing the bed and the bathroom where they will install the toilet. Once they complete the paint job, they can go back to the equipment truck and grab the toilet and return to the flat and install it—not particularly difficult, but needs patience to get it done right. Then they need to go back to the truck, unload the bed and the mattress, bring it up, put the bed frame in the bedroom and put the mattress correctly on top—I anticipate this all to take about 45min to 1:15, depending on whether the team has handy skills and the patience to get everything done correctly.

The Sibelius one is vaguely similar to some other tasks, like the St. Petersburg piano task in TAR 17, or maybe TAR 22's Vietnam roadblock, but honestly I think it's unique. For one thing, Sibelius symphonies are LONGGGG (they range between 20 and 50 minutes). But, by having short sketches from each symphony, it'll allow the performance to be only ~10 minutes. The sketches will be notable parts of each of the symphonies (you can listen to them all here, but then the hard part will be skipping around the vinyl to find the right part, while also remembering the performance (vinyls will be unmarked and shuffled. The middle of the vinyl will have a color—red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, and the judge will know if it's correct by the colors. Let's just say the order is cyan, red, green, purple, orange, yellow, blue). Unless the team are absolute geniuses, they'll likely have to view the performance multiple times (even I, as someone who majored in music composition in college wouldn't be able to do it in one go). Before each sketch, the conductor will signal to the orchestra the symphony number using his fingers, so teams won't necessarily have to wait to watch it in its entirety unless they are totally lost. I think this could end up taking just as long as the other Detour.

Now the Roadblock is more about Finnish culture rather than Helsinki itself, but that is okay because I have already fulfilled my requirement for this leg. Wife-carrying is a very silly sport, and I think it would be great for ratings to watch teams struggle to carry their "wives" around an obstacle course. You can get a better idea of it by watching this video.

Finally, the pit stop is a very picturesque finish, and also a very significant structure in Helsinki. Yes, teams have to backtrack a little, but my reasoning is this: if you look at the maps I provided below, systematically, it appears that the roadblock should be first due to its proximity to the airport. However, my case is that it makes more sense to have this task at the end of the leg for a photo finish, as I think it'll be the most enjoyable to watch. Phil will be waiting inside the church.

I only gave $20 due to it being a self-drive—teams will already have a full tank of gas so $20 will just pay for food and any other necessities during the leg. Also at this point in the race, they should have plenty of money saved up.

Maps:

Airport to Square: https://ibb.co/KjK0jGk
Rest of the leg, with Living as chosen Detour: https://ibb.co/513DH18
Rest of the leg, with Listening as chosen Detour: https://ibb.co/BVRw8Ry

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member

Design #10 - Lemontail
[Lyon, France]

Show content
Leg 10: Limassol, Cyprus to Lyon, France

This is Limassol, Cyprus, a city on the southern coast of the island country of Cyprus. It is known for the centuries-old Limassol Castle, home to the Cyprus Medieval Museum and its collection of pottery and tombstones.

This is Petra tou Romiou, also known as Aphrodite's Rock, a sea stack in a beach in Paphos, near Limassol, that is said to be the legendary spot where the Greek goddess Aphrodite is said to have emerged from the waves, and is one of the island's most magical spots to see a sunset. This beachscape now serves as the ninth Pit Stop of the race.

The first team to check in, best friends Jared & Brodie, will depart at 7:32 pm.
Other three teams (Helen & Janine, Jake & Natalie, and Derek & Jayne) depart at 7:38 pm, 8:10 pm, and 8:40 pm.

Route Info: Fly to Lyon, France

Teams have to fly 1,664 miles (2,679 kilometers) to Lyon, France.

Lyon is a city in eastern France. The city is known for its historical and architectural landmarks and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lyon was historically known as an important area for the production and weaving of silk and in modern times has developed a reputation as the capital of gastronomy in France.

Once there, teams have to make their way to the Interpol headquarters. You have US$150 for this leg.

The International Criminal Police Organization, commonly known as Interpol, is an international organisation that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control. It enables police in our 194 member countries to work together to fight international crime. Contrary to popular belief, Interpol is not a law enforcement agency. It is headquartered in Lyon, France.

Active Route Info: Search and deliver anatomical jars

The mandate and the primary task of Interpol is to support police and law enforcement agencies in its 194 member countries in their efforts to prevent crime and conduct criminal investigations as efficiently and effectively as possible.

In this Active Route Info, teams have to go to a mortuary room to find the six jars of parts of bodies found in various historical Lyonnaise gruesome scenes, such as broken bones, stolen organs, or weapon injuries, according to a provided list and deliver them to the medical offices of Interpol in another section of the headquarters. They may receive their next clue from the Interpol official after delivering the items.

Additional note:

Show content
Teams would have to search the (empty) mortuary to find six (fake) jars of parts of bodies (out of 100 jars) from French morbid scenes hidden in mortuary chambers, according to a provided list, then deliver to the medical section in the headquarters, with a marked race marker identifying the location. One thing, is that the list only details a description of the morbid scene in French, requiring teams to correlate the body parts to the morbid scenes, increasing the difficulty, which also arises if they deliver the wrong jar, forcing teams to go back and try again. They will use serving carts to deliver the jars to the Interpol official. The jars are modeled after historical French morbid scenes in Lyon, as seen below (not in chronological order):

- A stabbing wound modeled after former French President Francois Carnot, who was assassinated in Lyon in 1894.
- A decapitated head modeled after a siege in Lyon during French Revolution in late 1790s.
- A gunpowder wound modeled after the Canut revolts which was centered on Lyon’s silk industry in 1834.
- A torture wound modeled after the actions of Nazi member Klaus Barbie, known as “Butcher of Lyon”, in the 1940s.
- An executed person’s head modeled after St. Bartholomew's Day massacre in Lyon in 1572.
- A maiming wound modeled after the urban revolts in Lyon in 1436.

Route Info: Make your way to Monument à Diego Brosset à Lyon

Monument à Diego Brosset à Lyon is a plaza in 6th arrondissement of Lyon in Lyon that contains a war memorial dedicated to Diego Brosset, a French soldier born in Argentina.

Once there, find a clue box around there.

Detour: Prove or Move

Lyon is known for its historic contributions to the history of cinema, as it is where Auguste and Louis Lumière invented the cinematograph. Lyon is also was historically an important area for the production and weaving of silk.

In Prove, teams have to make their way to Musée Lumière, a museum specializing in history of cinema in Lyon, where they have to solve a puzzle using a cinematograph — a motion picture film camera, which in combination with different parts, also serves as a film projector and printer. The puzzle consists of searching through slides of photos using a cinematograph to find a series of black-and-white photos of them doing several tasks on the second leg. Once they find it, they have to arrange them in order of tasks performed chronologically. After that, they must make a slide show using them to be presented to a cinematographer. Once done correctly, they may receive their next clue from the cinematographer.

In Move, teams have to make their way to Musée des Tissus, a museum that details the history of Lyonnaise silk, where teams have to proceed to dressing rooms to dress in 18th century silk clothing, then proceed to their assigned puzzle room to solve a game board-like puzzle where a team member have to move mannequin statues dressed in 18th century Lyonnaise silk clothing in flatbed trolleys corresponding to a chronological order relating to the history of Lyonnaise silk that is noted on a board in a balcony that their team partner has to relay to their team partner regarding the position of the mannequins, which will culminate in them opening a treasure chest that has a passcode that teams will find out with the clues from the puzzle. A fashion model will oversee the task. Once done, they may receive their clue inside the treasure chest.

Additional note:

Show content
In Prove, teams would have to make a slide show explaining what they did during the second leg. Teams would have to remember precisely regarding the details of the tasks they did on the second leg in order to do the task correctly.

In Move, teams would have to solve a puzzle that looked similar to the picture below, just a bit more complicated and more mannequin statues to move around, and must follow a line while moving mannequins around. Each mannequin has a silk clothing unique to a time period. There are six time periods (representing columns) with each period (representing rows) containing four mannequins. In each row, they also have to inspect how expensive the silk clothing is, with the most expensive being moved to the right, and least expensive to the left. The six-digit passcode is derived from a cryptic clue that is solved using the order of a silk clothing on each row from bottom to above, which is 4-3-4-2-1-1. Each team is given a separate room to do their task, so there is little possibility of teams working together.

Make your way to the Hôtel-Dieu de Lyon

The Hôtel-Dieu de Lyon is an historic riverside building that was built on the banks of the Rhône in 1184 that once housed a hospital for many centuries, is a Historical Monument since November 2011, and is now a hotel, a shopping mall, and home to The International City of Gastronomy, a museum that specializes in gastronomy, which is the study of the relationship between food and culture, the art of preparing and serving rich or delicate and appetizing food, the cooking styles of particular regions, and the science of good eating, as Lyon is known for its cuisine and gastronomy.

Roadblock: Who likes to play with food?

Lyon is ostensibly known for being the food capital of France, as in 1935, French food critic Curnonsky, dubbed “the Prince of Gastronomy”, declared the city of Lyon as the ‘world capital of gastronomy’. Lyon offers numerous culinary experiences that are often glamorous, tasteful, and flavorful.

In this Roadblock, a team member has to solve a puzzle where the ingredients for Lyonnaise cuisine dishes such as Tablier de sapeur, Quenelles lyonnaise, Coussin de Lyon, and Lyonnaise potatoes, are disorganized. Therefore, participants have to identify the ingredients and organize them based on smell alone, but before that participants are directed to a room, blindfolded, and smells the ingredients without touching them in first place, then proceed to another room, open blindfold, and proceed to identify the ingredients that are disorganized on four trays and put these ingredients in correct trays corresponding to the dish. Once done correctly, they may receive their next clue from the chef.

Additional note:

Show content
Participants would hear a chef’s recitation of Lyonnaise dish names and then according to the dish, take an ingredient and nears it to the nose of the participant to smell, then proceed to go to another room to organize the ingredients per each dish that is noted on each tray, as seen below. Each participant has a unique stand separated from each other in different places so it’s not possible to look at other participants’ results. After done, they have to eat a plate of one of these aforementioned dishes of their choice:

Ingredients (the liquid ones are in small bowls):

-   Tablier de sapeur: beef tripe, lemon, potatoes, and white wine.
-   Quenelles lyonnaise: pike fish, eggs, milk, and nantua sauce.
-   Coussin de Lyon: chocolate, almond paste, marzipan, and curaçao liqueur.
-   Lyonnaise potatoes: potatoes, onions, butter, and parsley.

Route Info: Make your way on foot to the Pit Stop at Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière

The Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière is a minor basilica in Lyon. It was built with private funds between 1872 and 1884 in a dominant hilltop position overlooking the city. The site it occupies was once the Roman forum of Trajan. This basilica is a major tourist attraction in Lyon. This basilica will now serve as the tenth Pit Stop of the race.

The last team to check in may be eliminated.

The outcome:

Show content
Former models Helen & Janine came in 1st place, best friends Jared & Brodie in 2nd, married couple Derek & Jayne, and married ice skating coaches Jake & Natalie came in last (4th) place, but they're not eliminated as it is a non-elimination leg.

Notes:

Show content
• Teams departed the Pit Start in Harmony Bay Hotel on November 11th.
• Teams took around 40 minutes to get to Larnaca International Airport, costing around 89 EUR.
• Teams flew a flight to Lyon on early morning of November 12th via Moscow.
• I chose Lyon because it has a varied culture and history, and also a UNESCO heritage site.
• The livability of Lyon is reflected in the existence of the Interpol headquarters in Lyon, that proved that Lyon is a stable city, and Lyon is a major healthcare industry player. Thus, the Active Route Info reflects the stability and the healthcare of the city. The Detour reflects the culture of the city, which is the cinema and silk industry. The Roadblock reflects the culture too, which is gastronomy.
• US$150 (127 EUR) should be enough for this leg, plus around 100-110 EUR remaining from previous legs.
• I researched the metro system, and I realized that they couldn’t use metro subways without purchasing a card (somewhat complicated to explain) first, so I had to make the leg mostly taxi-oriented anyway.
• Taxi to the Interpol headquarters from the airport would cost around 55 EUR.
• Taxi to Monument à Diego Brosset from the Interpol HQ would cost around 11 EUR.
• Taxi to Musée Lumière from Monument à Diego Brosset would cost around 12 EUR.
• Taxi to Musée des Tissus from Monument à Diego Brosset would cost around 12 EUR.
• Taxi to Hôtel-Dieu de Lyon would cost around 10 EUR for teams completing Prove Detour, since teams completing Move Detour are instructed to walk on foot to Hôtel-Dieu, taking around 11 minutes.
• In total, a team would have to spend roughly 88 EUR for Lyon part of the leg if chosen Prove Detour, 78 EUR if chosen Move Detour.
• The ARI is mostly oriented in detail-spotting and assessment skills.
• The Stand Detour combines detail, brain, and memory.
• The Move Detour combines physicality, communication, and brains.
• The Move Detour was inspired by a puzzle I saw while playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
• The Roadblock combines memory, brains, and smelling ability.
• The ARI should take around 40 minutes.
• Each Detour should take around one hour and 20 minutes, including transportation.
• The Roadblock should take around 30 minutes.
• The walk to the Pit Stop should take around 28 minutes.
• I chose the locations because they were relevant enough for some of the tasks.
• I had to make each Detours balanced as possible by searching locations for Detour pick.
• I chose the Pit Stop because I wanted to showcase the view of Lyon.
• The entire leg should take around three and a half hours or more, ending during mid-afternoon.

Flights:

Show content

Maps:

Show content

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member
You may now post!

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!
All the legs look fantastic! I'm not sure I have a chance at survival this time...
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
All the legs look fantastic! I'm not sure I have a chance at survival this time...
It's definitely the most competitive round thus far!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Didn't expect all but one to pick Europe lol.

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
Fantastic round! Excited but nervous for the results!!

Offline betheactress

• RFF Not So Newbie

I would have done Hong Kong or Singapore, but they were excluded from the round :candle:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I would have done Hong Kong or Singapore, but they were excluded from the round :candle:

I am wait for book for pics LOL. I pick Europe tooo.

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member
Elthemagnifico's design edited in. :)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
submitted. i was so burnt out for this round

also great job guys, this round is fantastic, and im so nervous seeing yours!  :cheer:

also shootout for Mike for having a cartoon characters on TAR. welcome to the cartoon gang :jam: :funny:
what might have been

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
movies <33 interpol <3 tulips <3 kobe, japan and toronto, canada <3

the non-europe legs <3

my top 2 this leg:
MrDS
betheactress

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
send

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member
Spoler's design has been edited in. Thanks, designers!

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Welp it’s been a good run fellas

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Welp it’s been a good run fellas

Why say that

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Wow! What an amazing show of legs, everyone!
Betheactress your leg is absolutely perfect!  :2hearts:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard