Author Topic: The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Final Round Design Show on Page 50!  (Read 91151 times)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Everyone did a great job for this round! So many new cities and countries, so many things to learn!

I'm nervous about what happens right now, I just wish to survive for this round
what might have been

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

Same with me.  :funny:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Same with me.  :funny:

Same

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
where is the judges

I have works to be done first. Expect my comments at least 12 hours from now. :tup:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika

UPDATE ABOUT RULES

The hosts and main judges have discussed about the using of Google Docs document for submission, and we have several concerns:

* There's no guarantee that the content on the time the URL was submitted to us WILL BE THE EXACT SAME with the content during the Design Showcase and the Judging Period. There is a possibility of updating the content after the deadline is over, even though that the URL was submitted on time, without the awareness of the viewers (including the judges) who don't have access to the editing history of the Google Docs.

* This becomes a hole on the rule that stated that we won't accept resubmission(s) on the design, because there's no telling if the content was changed after the link was submitted.

* The judges want this game to be fair for all the players, especially for those who have made an effort to create the leg using the BBCode, and cannot change their design if there is something they missed.

Therefore, based on that concerns, we decided that from now on, the use of Google Docs for submission is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED for later rounds.

We hope all of you understand this decision because we want that everyone that play this game are treated fair and square. :2hearts:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:13:05 AM by Kamineko »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member
Spoler, can you please clear your inbox? Thanks :2hearts:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
For anyone using google drive, a good alternative may be to screenshot the Google Drive and send the screenshots

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!

UPDATE ABOUT RULES

The hosts and main judges have discussed about the using of Google Docs document for submission, and we have several concerns:

* There's no guarantee that the content on the time the URL was submitted to us WILL BE THE EXACT SAME with the content during the Design Showcase and the Judging Period. There is a possibility of updating the content after the deadline is over, even though that the URL was submitted on time, without the awareness of the viewers (including the judges) who don't have access to the editing history of the Google Docs.

* This becomes a hole on the rule that stated that we won't accept resubmission(s) on the design, because there's no telling if the content was changed after the link was submitted.

* The judges want this game to be fair for all the players, especially for those who have made an effort to create the leg using the BBCode, and cannot change their design if there is something they missed.

Therefore, based on that concerns, we decided that from now on, the use of Google Docs for submission is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED for later rounds.

We hope all of you understand this decision because we want that everyone that play this game are treated fair and square. :2hearts:
I've never used Google Docs in a DC, so I don't think we'll have a problem, Kami.
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline MrDS

• RFF Jr. Member
For anyone using google drive, a good alternative may be to screenshot the Google Drive and send the screenshots

This creates another issue then of formatting (which you are being judged on) - you’re effectively kneecapping yourself by using Google Docs

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have to use it and only way could edit

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OK that's no problem

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member
UPDATE ABOUT RULES

Here in Round 2, we have a situation where a player submitted by Google Docs, then changed parts of their presentation after the deadline. Due to this, that player will be receiving a -1 penalty for the round, treating it as if the new submission was submitted a day late.

For anyone wondering, the hosts possess screenshots of the design pre-deadline, showing that the design has been changed since then.

Thank you for understanding! :hrt:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I will try to drop my comments tonight or tomorrow. :) Sorry for the delay everyone.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I do tell you that that I was waiting for the pictures I don't want the link to be late for this is got on fair

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I do tell you that that I was waiting for the pictures I don't want the link to be late for this is got on fair

It was my faulut applogize.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
What a fantastic set of designs! I was quite impressed with them across the board!

MrDS, your Detour was fantastic - a real highlight of the round! The Roadblock was great too! You definitely had my favourite leg of the round, even though there were a few great ones throughout.

nrh2110, I particularly liked the incense task!

ZBC, this was one of your best designs, really impressive! :2hearts:

betheactress, fantastic leg especially your Detour! Reading this leg makes me wish I stopped in Flam when I travelled between Bergen and Oslo. :D

Jimmer, I really like the conservation angle your leg took in a location like Kiribati. Really nice!

Bookworm, your Roadblock is so creative. I think it was my favourite task of the round!

Lemontail, I also loved your Roadblock. Would be so intense under race conditions.

Everyone else did a spectacular job as well. So cool seeing legs in locations like Algeria, Bolivia, Kyrgyzstan and Montenegro, just to name a few - you guys did a fantastic job of showcasing locations that have either never been visited by TAR or haven't been visited in a long time. I'm really impressed with everybody's work - best of luck to all! :2hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline MrDS

• RFF Jr. Member
Thank you racer :-)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thank you racer! :)
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline betheactress

• RFF Not So Newbie
thank you smiley and racer!

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
thank you racer!!

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Thank you Racer :  )

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
oops meant this to be a new page hehe
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:37:57 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:39:22 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
bump
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:39:10 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Gamer's Judgments:

It is time everyone. Sorry for the delays! I will now be commenting on your legs. Feel free to quote anything if you disagree.

Let's keep the conversations going  :ghug:

But the one thing I will say is that so many of you impressed me this round with how much you improved from the first round. It's a pretty solid set of legs all things considered, although I still have problems with several legs.

Before I begin, remember that all my nitpicking is meant to be constructive criticism. I am not dealing out personal attacks, it's strictly done out of care for your design and for the game.

With that said, here we go.

I will be commenting by continent.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:50:09 AM by gamerfan09 »