Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 582783 times)

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1550 on: June 24, 2018, 09:08:30 AM »
In my opinion Britney and Janelle's pic is clearly taken in the airport on the way to plane. That's why Brit has her passport in her hands.

Agreed, they could have been boarding the plane to Switz or de-boarding in Switz!  My bet is on de-boarding because they had their passports ready. If they were boarding, chances are they would have already put them away by the time they boarded.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1551 on: June 24, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »
I’m excited since this may be the first self driving leg. :woohoo:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1552 on: June 24, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »
I’m excited since this may be the first self driving leg. :woohoo:

Dubai leg S28 was self driving leg. This season could be the same

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1553 on: June 24, 2018, 09:51:23 AM »
Did anyone hear anything about bungee jumping? I know another place that was saying they know they are going to bungee jump, but how do they know this?  :duno: :idgit

Offline NancyJ

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1554 on: June 24, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
This is the company who is rumoured to be organizing the bungee jump/zip line experience. This IG post was from 5 days ago. https://instagram.com/p/BkN8EPIBtph/

Offline Huy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1555 on: June 24, 2018, 10:13:14 AM »
Bungee jump is kinda bored to me. I want more tasks realting to the location that they’re in

Offline Headhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1556 on: June 24, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »
Why wouldn’t production let Rachel take a picture? Perhaps because she had been eliminated and production was afraid she would let that information slip if she interacted with a fan?

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1557 on: June 24, 2018, 10:26:35 AM »
It's unusual that they're are staying in Africa only for one leg. :idgit

Is it possible that they'll come back to Africa again for later leg(s) like back in S30, maybe for penultimate leg? We haven't seen it anyway... A penultimate leg in South Africa sounds legit for me. :lol:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Online Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #1558 on: June 24, 2018, 10:28:56 AM »
It's unusual that they're are staying in Africa only for one leg. :idgit
Unusual, yes, but it has been done.  Remember TAR16's visit to the Seychelles?  Only one leg, and then, off to Asia.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1559 on: June 24, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »
We're kinda thinking something like this instead of bungee:

https://www.bungyniouc.com/en/giantswing.html

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1560 on: June 24, 2018, 10:55:54 AM »
Why wouldn’t production let Rachel take a picture? Perhaps because she had been eliminated and production was afraid she would let that information slip if she interacted with a fan?

Elissa was spotted on a train in Switzerland with Becca which means Rachel and Elissa are still racing.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1561 on: June 24, 2018, 10:56:16 AM »
Season 6 also had two one leg visits to African countries (Senegal and Ethiopia), so it's not unprecedented.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1562 on: June 24, 2018, 10:57:10 AM »

Elissa was spotted on a train in Switzerland with Becca which means Rachel and Elissa are still racing.

Isn't that Christie in the photo?

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1563 on: June 24, 2018, 10:59:23 AM »
This is the company who is rumoured to be organizing the bungee jump/zip line experience. This IG post was from 5 days ago. https://instagram.com/p/BkN8EPIBtph/

But I don't see where it said they were preparing for TAR? Am I blind? LOL

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1564 on: June 24, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »

Isn't that Christie in the photo?

Oh you're right! UGH! I always get them confused, I don't know why! LOL

Offline NancyJ

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1565 on: June 24, 2018, 11:05:25 AM »

No they wouldn’t advertise it. I don’t know if it’s speculation but a private twitter account posted the company and used TAR as a hashtag

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1566 on: June 24, 2018, 11:21:11 AM »
Guess who else is in Grindelwald, Switzerland??  Johnny Depp! He is filming a movie!  Wouldn't be something if he was a Mat Greeter?  :luvya:

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1567 on: June 24, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »

No they wouldn’t advertise it. I don’t know if it’s speculation but a private twitter account posted the company and used TAR as a hashtag
They'd be contractually not allowed to advertise it. I'm sure companies sign NDAs when they allow the race to work with them, so it's highly unlikely. Maybe after the episode airs, then they'd get the liberty to brag.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1568 on: June 24, 2018, 11:27:10 AM »
Do we reckon it's just Grindelwald. I reckon we'll see the Eiger or Jungfrau. Maybe Interlaken?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1569 on: June 24, 2018, 11:35:23 AM »
Bungee jump is kinda bored to me. I want more tasks realting to the location that they’re in
Well, Switzerland has numerous adrenaline entertainment companies. Bungee adventures are one of their specialties due to the region's immense valleys and ridges. Plus, I backpacked in Grindelwald just last summer and it's breathtakingly beautiful this time of year! Great time to go adventure-spotting and it's a nice change from the snow-covered resort legs we last saw in 22 and Chamonix, France in 28! Hope we unearth more photos from this leg because I'm travel-geeking to the max. (Praying they take a train to Milan afterward :0328:.)

Firstbahn sounds like a very possible venue for the summertime conditions. They offer different slightly eye-catching activities during this time of year like mountain carting, the highly promoted "First gliding" from the tourism website which tandems a giant eagle contraption above the clients' ziplining harnesses, and biking up and down the rugged terrain is always a distinct possibility anywhere within Jungfrau in warmer daytime conditions.

We may get to experience Interlaken momentarily as there is a mandatory disembarkment between there and the train service to Grindelwald.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TeamVicoleFan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1570 on: June 24, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »
I just have a hard time believing that all these teams are still all in this far into filming. To me, Janelle and Britney’s picture seems off with timing and production stopping the guy from taking a picture of Rachel and Elissa is strange since he had pictures of everyone else. Something is up. We are 14 days in and have 3, maybe 4 teams out?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1571 on: June 24, 2018, 11:40:26 AM »
I just have a hard time believing that all these teams are still all in this far into filming. To me, Janelle and Britney’s picture seems off with timing and production stopping the guy from taking a picture of Rachel and Elissa is strange since he had pictures of everyone else. Something is up. We are 14 days in and have 3, maybe 4 teams out?
It seems on track and plausible to me. During TAR28, we had the same number of teams who had been eliminated by the time leg 7 began. Four teams out - seven teams still in.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1572 on: June 24, 2018, 11:40:38 AM »
Well we know for 100% that we have 8 teams in Uganda... so we can't have 3 teams eliminated in 2 days. I think Leo/Jamal are out, and maybe Rachel/Elissa also. Unless that picture of Janelle and Britney are of them going to sequester but I doubt producers would allowed them to be taken in picture

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1573 on: June 24, 2018, 11:56:05 AM »
I don't really get the thing with we cannot take photos of teams going to sequester. What I know is, we usually cannot take photos of teams in secret. Well, that's what I know based on what I experienced when taking pictures of teams back in S19 when they went to Jakarta.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1574 on: June 24, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
I think the thing is that you can't control who takes photos of teams in a race environment. If you're in the Switzerland airport and someone wants a photo with you, you can't control that since you're juggling 6 or 7 teams and can't police them all. Plus, all it does is prove they're still in and that's not a huge deal. With sequester, it's one team going one way and would absolutely spoil their elimination since they're going to a place different from the rest. You can easily control that and keep them in secret.