Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 582794 times)

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1250 on: June 21, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »
What is it? Day 12 of the race? If it's really only leg 5 starting this might be the slowest race in history
At the very latest, I think it's the sixth leg starting.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1251 on: June 21, 2018, 09:12:43 AM »
It's that Laos visit. Going to a hard-to-get-to country really slowed things down.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1252 on: June 21, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »
A separate thought. Teams arrived in Dubai the evening of Tue 19 Jun. Phil posted his Instagram picture at the Armani Hotel on Wed 20 Jun at ~8:30pm and his Twitter video at the Dubai Marina at 11:22pm the same evening.
Phil usually flies out once he checks in the teams. Assuming Phil didn't wait a full day before posting, are we looking at two legs in Dubai?

Could someone cross-check when Phil posted his Instagram photo at the Tree of Life last season? Teams checked in there on 19 Oct 2017; the post shows up as 20 Oct on my feed but I'm a few timezones ahead of Bahrain/the US and I'm not sure how timestamps on Instagram work...

Now that would makes things REALLY crazy! lol

About Instagram posts, I believe the time shown in your feed should be your local time regardless of where it was posted from.

Thanks DryedMangoez, I played around with my time zone settings. When Phil posted the photo of the Tree of Life it was 19 Oct 2017 in India (GMT+5:30) and 20 Oct in Nepal (GMT+5:45). That means Phil posted it between 9:30 and 9:45pm on the evening of 19 Oct, about 4 hours after he checked in the last team at the tree (he had to go eliminate Lucas/Brittany after that though).

This time, he posted his Instagram posts on the evening of 20 Jun. With teams racing in Dubai on the evening of 19 Jun, would he have waited a full 24 hours before posting them? :duno:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1253 on: June 21, 2018, 09:18:36 AM »
They should be arriving really soon, if not already, on one of these flights:

Emirates 729 Dubai 0920 Entebbe 1350                           

Emirates 2446 Dubai 0815 Entebbe 1235

Emirates 719 Dubai 1015 Nairobi 1415
Kenyan Airlines  414 Nairobi 1525 Entebbe 1640

Emirates 723 Dubai 1030 Addis Abbaba 1335
Ethiopian Airlines 334 Addis 1605 Entebbe 1810

Emirates 721 Dubai 1600 Nairobi 2005
Kenyan Airlines 418 Nairobi 0055 the next morning Entebbe 0210                 

Thanks Travejunkie! Leo/Jamal, Britney/Janelle, Rachel/Elissa were on an Emirates flight to Addis Ababa that landed in the early afternoon, so that means EK723.

Arriving in Entebbe at 6:10pm wouldn't give them much time to race, and we've never had a night leg in Africa (most likely for safety). I expect teams to be racing tomorrow, 22 Jun 2018?
ya very likely; checked actual arrivals on the Dubai website and EK723 arrived at 1:56 pm local time, which would neatly coincide with the Insta user's "just arrived in Ethiopia" comment on the post (plus, the earlier direct flight to Entebbe could have theoretically allowed Phil to already film some of the production shots in the afternoon)

According to the Addis website, flight ET334 has been delayed. Plane Finder can't find ET334 so it must still be in Addis.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-tracker/ET/334?year=2018&month=6&date=21&flightId=963389271&utm_source=70cbe593c1d6de05:-f82be2a:11f2df95376:38b8&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=weblet

flightstats (and the Addis Ababa airport website actually) now says it's now en route
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1254 on: June 21, 2018, 09:24:27 AM »
All the mods apologies are accepted.   Clear as day that Britney getting to Dubai....mods didn't want to admit it because it made sense in their timeline...

I still say the sources from Dubai were OBVIOUSLY confused about Elissa/Rachel v Corinne/Eliza (its said in the very original post there was confusion).  I don't think the Survivor Girls were in Dubai.

Only question (for me) is if Chris/Bret were eliminated in Dubai or if it was a NEL.

I mean there isn't even a question that it was Korey spotted with the other teams.....mods are refusing to acknowledge (MORE) photographic proof because it contradicts their confused source.

I truly don't understand it.

Wow! The mods are not acknowledging whether or not Korey was seen because we are NOT suppose to post or talk about those pictures. It's obvious you would rather talk crap about peach (mods) and disrespect her than to pay attention to what she is saying so maybe you can read this.... No posting of production pic's and no TALKING about production pic's because it could adversely effect the job of the production employee who took it. Instead of accepting apologies, I believe you owe one and I do think you are guilty of ignoring somethings because it contradicts what YOU want to believe. We are suppose to be working together and sorting stuff out, not playing the game of -I am right and you are wrong.- Everyone has a right to an opinion, yours differs from hers and there are good arguments on both sides of the dang pic of the teams boarding the plane to Dubai. When all said and done, we may never know for 100% sure if it was Britney or Nicole. Time to build a bridge and get over it!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1255 on: June 21, 2018, 09:35:34 AM »

Current time in Entebbe is  5:35 PM

Thursday, June 21, 2018
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1256 on: June 21, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »
I think 2 is likelier because this is likely Leg 6 now (with 2 legs happening in Vietnam)

Then that would mean that both Eliza/Corinne and Bret/Chris are out, and we are down to 7 teams left
yup, and it's really only not happening if we have two non-elims before Uganda and we confirm that Kampala is indeed Leg 6 and not 7 or 8
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1257 on: June 21, 2018, 09:42:48 AM »
Okay is the Insta with Britney & Leo before or after Dubai because if it's after Dubai then either we definitely had 2 NELs at this point, or one of the teams in the production photo has been cut (or were Chris & Bret sighted anywhere)

The person that posted the insta pic had insta stories going to the airport 20-23 hours ago but it looks like they were going to an airport leaving New York. Could Leo and Britney and their partners have been going to wherever the sequester house is?  It would help if the person would let us know where they were going.

Sequester is NOT in the US so NYC is clearly nothing to do with us.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1258 on: June 21, 2018, 09:44:35 AM »

Thanks Travejunkie! Leo/Jamal, Britney/Janelle, Rachel/Elissa were on an Emirates flight to Addis Ababa that landed in the early afternoon, so that means EK723.

Arriving in Entebbe at 6:10pm wouldn't give them much time to race, and we've never had a night leg in Africa (most likely for safety). I expect teams to be racing tomorrow, 22 Jun 2018?
ya very likely; checked actual arrivals on the Dubai website and EK723 arrived at 1:56 pm local time, which would neatly coincide with the Insta user's "just arrived in Ethiopia" comment on the post (plus, the earlier direct flight to Entebbe could have theoretically allowed Phil to already film some of the production shots in the afternoon)

According to the Addis website, flight ET334 has been delayed. Plane Finder can't find ET334 so it must still be in Addis.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-tracker/ET/334?year=2018&month=6&date=21&flightId=963389271&utm_source=70cbe593c1d6de05:-f82be2a:11f2df95376:38b8&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=weblet

flightstats (and the Addis Ababa airport website actually) now says it's now en route

Yeah, delayed by 16 mins but the dang flight is still not showing on my plane finder, dang app!!

Offline TeamVicoleFan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1259 on: June 21, 2018, 09:46:26 AM »
Okay is the Insta with Britney & Leo before or after Dubai because if it's after Dubai then either we definitely had 2 NELs at this point, or one of the teams in the production photo has been cut (or were Chris & Bret sighted anywhere)

The person that posted the insta pic had insta stories going to the airport 20-23 hours ago but it looks like they were going to an airport leaving New York. Could Leo and Britney and their partners have been going to wherever the sequester house is?  It would help if the person would let us know where they were going.

Sequester is NOT in the US so NYC is clearly nothing to do with us.

I didn't think they (TAR people) were in NYC but I was just saying that they (the Insta person) were leaving from NYC at some point yesterday and not from somewhere overseas.  Just trying to get the location timeline going.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1260 on: June 21, 2018, 09:50:03 AM »
UGANDA so Cool  :conf:
Maybe we will get a Gorilla Track Also.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1261 on: June 21, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »
I think 2 is likelier because this is likely Leg 6 now (with 2 legs happening in Vietnam)

Then that would mean that both Eliza/Corinne and Bret/Chris are out, and we are down to 7 teams left
yup, and it's really only not happening if we have two non-elims before Uganda and we confirm that Kampala is indeed Leg 6 and not 7 or 8

The question is, where did they get eliminated? My guess: Eliza/Corinne in Dubai, Bret/Chris in Vietnam. But we'll see.

Aside from Eliza/Corinne, it's still not that bad of a boot order. Sad for Eliza tho.

Excited for Uganda. Glad that Janelle and Britney get to be there!

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1262 on: June 21, 2018, 10:20:06 AM »
So all Survivor teams are out already?

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #1263 on: June 21, 2018, 10:22:37 AM »
So all Survivor teams are out already?
If all sightings and evidence are accurate, yes.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1264 on: June 21, 2018, 10:23:01 AM »
some slight confusion on who got eliminated where since both were supposedly spotted in Dubai, but barring a surprise second non-elim in the Asia legs yeah both are out at this point
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1265 on: June 21, 2018, 10:32:36 AM »
Well they did have the F9 elimination in Leg 5 for Unfinished Business... but that had two KOR legs... so it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities...

Offline ezione

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1266 on: June 21, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »
I thought we saw possibly Bret talking to Tyler in the production pic?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Headhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1268 on: June 21, 2018, 10:43:30 AM »
I guess it's theoretically possible that there are eight teams heading to Uganda if it is true that every team besides Rupert/Laura and Art/JJ were spotted at some point in Dubai. We could have

Leg 1: Tokyo
Leg 2: Luang Prabang
Leg 3: Ho Chi Minh City
Leg 4: Dubai
Leg 5: Kampala

with an NEL somewhere in the first three legs. Or we could also have

Leg 5: Dubai
Leg 6: Kampala

with an NEL somewhere in the first three legs, an elimination in Leg 4, and then another NEL in Leg 5. I would not put it past the producers to have NELs in Legs 3 and 5 to save as many teams as possible.

This is all just speculation and not to be taken as confirmation of anything.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1269 on: June 21, 2018, 10:52:27 AM »

Eliza and Corinne were also allegedly spotted at the club

Photographic proof >>> word of mouth

At this point we dont know if both Survivor teams were in Dubai, or one got eliminated in HCMC
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:41:08 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1270 on: June 21, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »
I guess it's theoretically possible that there are eight teams heading to Uganda if it is true that every team besides Rupert/Laura and Art/JJ were spotted at some point in Dubai. We could have

Leg 5: Kampala

with an NEL somewhere in the first three legs. Or we could also have

Leg 5: Dubai
Leg 6: Kampala

with an NEL somewhere in the first three legs, an elimination in Leg 4, and then another NEL in Leg 5. I would not put it past the producers to have NELs in Legs 3 and 5 to save as many teams as possible.

This is all just speculation and not to be taken as confirmation of anything.

HCMC is likelier to have two legs than Dubai

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1271 on: June 21, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »

Bret was seen. Info corrected. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:18:51 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1272 on: June 21, 2018, 11:01:31 AM »
so if I'm getting spoilers right, what we're possibly looking at right now is this:

Scenario 1: we're in Leg 6 as follows:
Leg 1: Tokyo, Japan (Art & JJ are eliminated)
Leg 2: Luang Prabang, Laos (Rupert & Laura are eliminated)
Leg 3: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (NEL #1)
Leg 4: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Corinne & Eliza eliminated, their Dubai sighting being a mistaken identity thing)
Leg 5: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (NEL #2)
Leg 6: Kampala, Uganda (the current leg)

Scenario 2: we're in Leg 6 as follows:
Leg 1: Tokyo, Japan (NEL / zero-hour Pit Stop)
Leg 2: Luang Prabang, Laos (Art & JJ or Rupert & Laura are eliminated)
Leg 3: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Art & JJ or Rupert & Laura are eliminated)
Leg 4: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (NEL #2)
Leg 5: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Corinne & Eliza eliminated)
Leg 6: Kampala, Uganda (the current leg)

Scenario 3: we're in Leg 7 as follows:
Leg 1: Tokyo, Japan (NEL / zero-hour Pit Stop)
Leg 2: Luang Prabang, Laos (Art & JJ or Rupert & Laura are eliminated)
Leg 3: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (NEL / zero-hour Pit Stop)
Leg 4: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Art & JJ or Rupert & Laura are eliminated)
Leg 5: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (final NEL - a zero-hour Pit Stop)
Leg 6: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Corinne & Eliza eliminated)
Leg 7: Kampala, Uganda (the current leg)

what we do know is this:
3 of the 9 teams spotted past Laos were *definitely* spotted en route to Kampala
5 of the 9 teams spotted past Laos were *definitely* spotted leaving Dubai for somewhere else
1 of the 9 teams spotted past Laos were *supposedly* spotted in Dubai
which means that the other 2 teams only have a shot of survival if Corinne & Eliza were actually eliminated before Dubai (i.e. the sighting in the club was a mistaken identity thing) and we have two non-eliminations before arriving in Dubai
also based on there being definitely at least 4 legs (4 country sightings) + 8 teams being confirmed to have at least lasted until this point, Kampala is definitely either Leg 6 or 7 (Kampala being Leg 5 would just imply some truly shoddy timeline planning, and more than 2 double legs would need more than 3 NELs)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:05:08 AM by Ray! »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1273 on: June 21, 2018, 11:12:43 AM »
I think, for the first time ever, we have an overabundance of teams to account for. :funny:

I do think we are on leg 6 though.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1274 on: June 21, 2018, 11:18:59 AM »
Personally, I'm suspicious of the club sightings in general now that we know it's unlikely that Corinne/Eliza were actually seen there. As a result, I'm suspicious of the Bret/Chris sighting and feel like since it was so busy, they could've easily seen a general color and assumed it was that team and got Bret/Chris' colors mixed up with Tyler/Korey's. Or maybe I'm overthinking it and there really were two NELs/KORs in the first 5 legs.