Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 634559 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1300 on: December 09, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »
Thank you all for the help.

BUT, and this is a BIG But... RFF does not publicize any info about the finale location until the teams are safe.

Spoilers are one thing, but ensuring the safety and the FUTURE of the race is another.

So if you have urgent news, you are welcome to PM or email or FB me.

But really.... I don't care what any other forum does or says because so far...I have not seen accurate info.

THIS forum will NOT spoil the finish line location until the racers are safe.  Got it? Good.

Now if there are thirty zillion tweets and sightings, that is public info and can of course be shared. But private info will be shared only when the racers are safe. At least by me. :kisses
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1301 on: December 09, 2010, 10:09:19 PM »
I know it's real tempting to post possible filming locations, but to keep mobs of people from showing up there and disrupting things, I suggest sending the info to Peach for whether it should be released. Her inbox is full, but her email address is in her profile.

Good advice Plaidmoon. She is not usually pleased when people are posting stuff like this. Unfortunately she is currently offline.

Maybe if we chipped in to cover her wages, she could be here 24/7.  :cmaslol

Thanks, King Crimson88! I may be too cautious, but I've heard stories about what happened (or almost happened) in Portland a few seasons back. I don't want to risk messing things up. It can always be posted later if the mods think it's OK.

Thank you Plaidmoon! You are 100% coorect.  I still have nightmares about the actual finale Pitstop being known ahead of time in Portland. Can y'all imagine our final three trying to race thru hoards of media, fans, or the curious?

Anyone who truly loves TAR will understand why it is important to be very cautious about what and WHEN info should be released.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1302 on: December 10, 2010, 12:42:39 AM »
I just started watching the amazing race, so what happened in Portland?

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1303 on: December 10, 2010, 01:06:26 AM »
I know it's real tempting to post possible filming locations, but to keep mobs of people from showing up there and disrupting things, I suggest sending the info to Peach for whether it should be released. Her inbox is full, but her email address is in her profile.

Good advice Plaidmoon. She is not usually pleased when people are posting stuff like this. Unfortunately she is currently offline.

Maybe if we chipped in to cover her wages, she could be here 24/7.  :cmaslol

Thanks, King Crimson88! I may be too cautious, but I've heard stories about what happened (or almost happened) in Portland a few seasons back. I don't want to risk messing things up. It can always be posted later if the mods think it's OK.

Thank you Plaidmoon! You are 100% coorect.  I still have nightmares about the actual finale Pitstop being known ahead of time in Portland. Can y'all imagine our final three trying to race thru hoards of media, fans, or the curious?

Anyone who truly loves TAR will understand why it is important to be very cautious about what and WHEN info should be released.

I completely see what you're saying Peach. Imagine what it would be like if we hoarded them and caused our favorite team to loose...

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #1304 on: December 10, 2010, 05:09:26 AM »
I just started watching the amazing race, so what happened in Portland?

Yeah! Sounds interesting! What season was it?!

Also- Swiss alps would be FANTASTIC in HD sounds like they are going all oUt with destinations this season.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #1305 on: December 10, 2010, 05:25:24 AM »
Yeah! Sounds interesting! What season was it?!

Also- Swiss alps would be FANTASTIC in HD sounds like they are going all oUt with destinations this season.

You mean Portland, Oregon? It was Season 13. (The Final Destination City)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1306 on: December 10, 2010, 09:08:27 AM »
I think Bogota, Columbia could be a pheasable location before the finale. It hasn't been visited yet and it has some good connections to the US.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1307 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »
I think Bogota, Columbia could be a pheasable location before the finale. It hasn't been visited yet and it has some good connections to the US.

Columbia is a violent country. Besides, I think the writers always wants to end in America.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #1308 on: December 10, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
I think he meant to say that he'd like to see a stop in Columbia on the way to the typical US end city.  Of course, I have to agree that Columbia would not be a smart choice to stop, as no one would make it back to the US if no one was fortunate enough to survive in Columbia!

As far as the location of the finale, as well as the eventual placement, I have to say no thanks!  Well, I'd love to know the location, but I agree: nothing disclosed until it's all over.  After 10 years, why jeopardize TAR and all its history/great moments?  Personally, since I follow the spoilers with everything that goes on, I love to learn of the final 3 placement in advance.  That way, I'm prepared in case of a non-favorite ending, or even a favorite ending.

Having said that, I'd still rather not know the Final 3 placement until within a week before the finale, at the earliest (and if that info is released, not in the public of course).  I am very thankful for the awesome staff here for keeping that under wraps. And even when I got to the finale with the obvious ending (seasons circa 2008-2009), it wasn't (always) known which made watching it with everyone that much more exciting!

Anyway, there's that!  As for TAR18 now, I am so impressed with Ron/Chris' run. Not sure I'd call them the best team of all time, but they're up there, and maybe the most consistent team that has never really been in danger of being eliminated.  IOW, they haven't come in last ever (though it's worth pointing out that in their original season there were only 2 NELs).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #1309 on: December 10, 2010, 10:00:13 AM »
I think he meant to say that he'd like to see a stop in Columbia on the way to the typical US end city.  Of course, I have to agree that Columbia would not be a smart choice to stop, as no one would make it back to the US if no one was fortunate enough to survive in Columbia!

As far as the location of the finale, as well as the eventual placement, I have to say no thanks!  Well, I'd love to know the location, but I agree: nothing disclosed until it's all over.  After 10 years, why jeopardize TAR and all its history/great moments?  Personally, since I follow the spoilers with everything that goes on, I love to learn of the final 3 placement in advance.  That way, I'm prepared in case of a non-favorite ending, or even a favorite ending.

Having said that, I'd still rather not know the Final 3 placement until within a week before the finale, at the earliest (and if that info is released, not in the public of course).  I am very thankful for the awesome staff here for keeping that under wraps. And even when I got to the finale with the obvious ending (seasons circa 2008-2009), it wasn't (always) known which made watching it with everyone that much more exciting!

Anyway, there's that!  As for TAR18 now, I am so impressed with Ron/Chris' run. Not sure I'd call them the best team of all time, but they're up there, and maybe the most consistent team that has never really been in danger of being eliminated.  IOW, they haven't come in last ever (though it's worth pointing out that in their original season there were only 2 NELs).

so does that mean ron/chris are in the final 3 or...? hahaha!
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1310 on: December 10, 2010, 10:25:15 AM »
If the producers count the borken hill leg as leg 2 it means most likely there will be only 2 non elimination legs. Anyone agree?

Most likely.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #1311 on: December 10, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »

so does that mean ron/chris are in the final 3 or...? hahaha!

Dustin and Kandice finished 4th and 2nd. And they had 6 wins in 2 seasons.
Eric (on different teams) finished 2nd and 1st. He had 7 wins in 2 seasons (including the final in All Stars)

So if Ron and Christina finish 1st place with atleast 4 wins, they will be the most consistent team :)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1312 on: December 10, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »

Columbia is a violent country. Besides, I think the writers always wants to end in America.

Colombia is not a violent country.  The only violence you'll find is in the jungles and rural areas where guerillas and cartels still operate.  Security has improved there in years and even though the US State Dept still has issued a travel warning there, it still advises people and travelers to remain cautious.  Also TAR Latin America visited Colombia before twice on thier first two seasons and no problems came about.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1313 on: December 10, 2010, 03:42:48 PM »
I get roughly the same information on travelers through MAD and VIE airports. The most important airport for AR18 right now is Zurich, where teams flew out of  probably on Tuesday 12/7 to get somewhere else on any of 4 continents (Europe, Africa, South America, North America).

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1314 on: December 10, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »
It's time for me to speculate a little on where AR18 is headed from Zurich. There are some possibilities all over Europe, but I rule out anything that is not south and west. I am working with the Zurich international flight timetable for the possibilities That gives this European (includes the Canary and Balearic Islands) destination list of:

Lyon
Nice
Barcelona
Valencia
Alicante
Malaga
Palma de Mallorca
Lanzarote
Madrid
Porto
Lisbon
Funchal
Gran Canaria
Tenerife

I also rule out anything not in northwest Africa. That leaves:

Marrakesh
Agadir
Fuerteventura
Tunis
Djerba

The places in North America listed in the Zurich timetable are:

Punta Cana
Puerta Plata
Cancun
Varadero (Cuba)
Miami
Atlanta
Washington
Philadelphia
New York City
Boston
Montreal
Toronto
Chicago
San Francisco
Los Angeles

This list does not rule out going elsewhere by connection at one of the above airports, but most likely the next destination will be on the above list.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 05:13:59 PM by apskip »

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1315 on: December 10, 2010, 04:24:02 PM »

A usa travel advisory means they wont likely visit it.

TAR has to pay for insurance costs to cover the production of the Race, and the cost to insure a visit to a place with an active State Department travel advisory is going to be significantly higher than a place that is not flagged as such.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #1316 on: December 10, 2010, 07:26:59 PM »
Someone posted this over at sucks:

It is fake:

"Hey guys my first post I think it will help!

I was in Monrovia for the last 3 weeks just got home and I saw teams running in downtown Monrovia. (unfortunatley I had no camera).
I for sure so Luke and Margie and Kisha and Jen, I believe they were working together (?) maybe as part of an intersection."

Monrovia is the capital of Liberia, West Africa.

It's is a fake, if the guy watched S14, he would know that Margie/Luke, Kisha/Jen will NEVER work together.

Kisha/Jen probably U-turned Margie/Luke in one of the legs....

From what I observed in Sydney, Margie and Luke and Kisha and Jen have no problem with each other, and would happily work together for mutual advantage.

jiajia12

« Reply #1317 on: December 11, 2010, 05:47:42 AM »
I mean after Margie herself saw the clips of Luke doings. There can't be a problem

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1318 on: December 11, 2010, 08:12:53 AM »
You are going to have to take this on faith, but

RIO! today!

Thanks Peach for the heads up!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1319 on: December 11, 2010, 08:13:40 AM »
You are going to have to take this on faith, but

RIO! today!

Thanks Peach for the heads up!!!!

where is that

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1320 on: December 11, 2010, 08:16:02 AM »
There is only one city in the world that is known as just "Rio!" Rio de Janeiro in Brasil   
Matthew 7:15

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1321 on: December 11, 2010, 08:21:23 AM »
Is there a history of much spoilage in Brazil?

jiajia12

« Reply #1322 on: December 11, 2010, 08:23:00 AM »
We still don't know who's final 3.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1323 on: December 11, 2010, 08:36:52 AM »
We still don't know who's final 3.

There's most likely four or five teams still left.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1324 on: December 11, 2010, 08:49:25 AM »
^ there are many Rio's in the world, but I know it's Rio de Janeiro (site of 2016 Olympics) Peach is referring. :lol:

I agree b/c they were probably headed to South America next. One leg in Rio and another down there somewhere and then the final.  :cmas9