Author Topic: TAR27 Ep 6 "My Tongue Doesn't Even twist that Way" (Paris)  (Read 14294 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR27 Ep 6 "My Tongue Doesn't Even twist that Way" (Paris)
« on: October 23, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »

“My Tongue Doesn’t Even Twist That Way” (Paris, France) – Teams travel to Paris where Racers soar high above the French countryside and “drop mics” with a popular French rapper, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

Episode 6 from TV Guide:

Episode 6 title

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:15:42 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR27 Ep 6 "My Tongue Doesn't Even twist that Way" (Paris)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:24:44 PM »
SNEAK PEEK!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SchHj0COs_A" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SchHj0COs_A</a>
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:29:45 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 05:25:36 PM »
MAF'S EP 6 RACING REPORT!

Racing report
Amazing Race Season 27, Episode 6, "My tongue doesn't even twist that way"
Film date: 2015-07-02 - 2015-07-03

The episode start at the last pit stop and show when Josh come by to talk to Denies & James Earl. The latter express their gratitude for getting the express pass, which helped them to victory in the previous leg.

The last pit stop was at the Musawe lodge, Zimbabwe. Teams seem to be released in the wee hours from a different hotel after a 24+ hours pit stop. Teams are released in the following order:
1.Denise & James Earl 05:40
2.Justin & Diana      05:50+0:10
3.Tanner & Josh       06:00+0:20
?.Kelsey & Joey       ??:??+?:??
?.Tiffany & Krista    ??:??+?:??
?.Logan & Chris       ??:??+?:??
?.Cindy & Rick        ??:??+?:??

And in this episode we are immediately thrown into the action by virtue of the first clue being a road block: "Who wants to get their heart pumping?"

The additional info reads: "Bungee jump 364 feet from the Victoria falls bridge. After the jump check your Fit Bit charge's HR and write down your heart rate on the enclosed card."

The task opens at 07:00 and all teams have made their way there by the time it opens. Only one team at a time can jump so teams are separated by a few minutes after the task.

The jump is high and scary, but it seems everybody does the task without much hesitation.
 "Oh my gosh, okay, he's alive", Logan was more scared than Chris who actually did the jump
 "I think I adjusted my back", Chris at the bottom of the rope

Teams complete the road block in the following order (* denotes team member doing the roadblock):
1(+0)Denise* & James Earl(2-3)HR: 135
2(+0)Justin & Diana*     (2-3)HR: 137
3(+0)Tanner* & Josh      (2-3)HR: 128
4(+0)Kelsey & Joey*      (3-2)
5(+0)Tiffany & Krista*   (2-3)HR: 132
6(+1)Cindy & Rick*       (2-3)
7(-1)Logan & Chris*      (2-3)

The next clue is a route info which tells them to fly to Paris, France. Once they land they must make their way to Aérodrome Musée Volant Salis. It probably also says they have to make their way there by train since all teams choose to do so.

All teams end up on the same flight to Paris. Probably:
  SA49  LVI-JNB  2015-07-02  13:14 - 15:02    (scheduled 13:10 - 14:55)
  AF995 JNB-CDG  2015-07-02  18:50 - 05:41+1  (scheduled 18:50 - 05:35+1)

In Paris there is a mad dash for the trains at the airport.
 "If this train takes off we have a 20 minute lead", Justin
 "Green was on it and we just missed the train by a couple of seconds", Rick

Trains to and from La Ferte Alais, the station they are going to, seems to leave once every half hour at this time of day. Justin & Diana are lucky to catch a train before the others, so they have a 30 minute lead when they arrive at the museum. The editors try to hide this fact by cutting in scenes of the other teams arriving as Justin is doing the task. But the experiences TAR viewer realize that if we do not see teams in the same shot then they may be a long time apart, and we do not see Justin & Diana with any other team here.

Teams run to Musée Volant Salis from the train station (2.2km) and arrive in the following order:
 1. Justin & Diana
 2. Tanner & Josh, probably after #1 have left
 3. Tiffany & Krista
 4. Logan & Chris
 5. Denise & James Earl
 6. Cindy & Rick
 7. Kelsey & Joey

Road block: "Who's feeling revolutionary?"

In this road block contestants will be taken on a ride in an old biplane. Along the way teams must spot the three words that best describe the French revolution of 1789. The clue actually says "Search for the motto of the French republic". This should be enough for a knowledgeable team to know that the words they are looking for are: Liberté, Egalité and Fraternité. To spice things up a bit the plane will do at least one loop with the contestants.

The clue also says "The team member who did not perform the previous road block must perform this one". As usual it is first come first serve, but there are three planes available.

"I hope he knows what he's looking for", Diana

After the flight teams must say the words they found to a local judge. They are not judged on their pronunciation here, and that is lucky for them because they really butcher the words. Teams may only state their findings once. If they are not correct they must do another flight.

"How am I not seeing this, I am the only idiot who doesn't see this", Logan after she missed a word on her first flight

Teams complete the road block in the following order (* denotes team member doing the roadblock):
1(+0)Justin* & Diana     (3-3)HR: 110
2(+0)Tanner & Josh*      (2-4)HR: 132
3(+0)Tiffany* & Krista   (3-3)HR: 122
-Logan* & Chris      (4-3)Only saw two words
4(+1)Denise & James Earl*(2-4)
5(+1)Cindy* & Rick       (3-3)
6(+1)Kelsey* & Joey      (4-2)
7(-3)Logan* & Chris      (4-3)HR: 103

Route info: "Make your way to Square Louise Michel at Place Saint Pierre and Rue de Steinkerque and search for La Fantôme Blanc to find your next clue"

Here we start seeing cracks in the relations hp between Justin & Diana. They start to argue about how to travel to Paris, taxi or train. Diana feels that Justin is ignoring her opinion. And from what we are shown it looks like she is fairly correct in that assessment.

On the way back teams are split on three different trains.

Train #1 probably departs at 09:46 and carries:
  Justin & Diana

Train #2 departs at 10:46 and carries
  Tanner & Josh
  Cindy & Rick
  Tiffany & Krista
  Denise & James Earl
  Kelsey & Joey

Train #3 departs at 11:46 and carries
  Logan & Chris

"I don't think I have ever run this much in my life", Denise after running back to the train station
 "Let's not beat ourselves up, anything can happen", Chris try to find hope when they are very last

The address they are going to is right below the steps to Sacré-Cœur and the white phantom is a man dressed it white wearing white makeup. He has big black hair and wears a black hat, in short he looks very Voodo. The first team to arrive find Phil live narrating their progress as they make their way to the phantom. The second batch of teams have trouble finding the clue giver and run up all the steps and try to get a clue from a local performer (as seen in a deleted scene). Eventually they realize they need to be at the bottom of the stairs and find the phantom.

Teams get their clue in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana
 2(+0) Tanner & Josh
 3(+0) Tiffany & Krista
 4(+2) Kelsey & Joey
 5(-1) Denise & James Earl
 6(-1) Cindy & Rick
 7(+0) Logan & Chris

Detour: Drops mic or bust a crab

In drops mic teams travel to Pot de la Tournelle and learn a rap song in french. They are given a sheet with the lyrics so they do not need to learn it by hearth. But they will be judged on pronunciation, rhythm and vibe.

In bust a crab teams make their way to the famous restaurant La Cupole where they must prepare the Royal Platter. This is a two-story affair with crabs, lobster, oysters and other assorted sea foods. They need to split the lobster, open oysters and clams and generally arrange everything correctly.

Here again we have discord between Justin & Diana where she wants to do the oysters and he the rapping.
 "That's his favorite thing to say to me; just get over it" Diana after he told her to get over it in the taxi
 "I kind of bullied her into it a little bit", Later Justin admits strong-arming her

At the rapping task teams realize they will have separate lines so both team members must sing a few words solo.
 "I got the first two, but these last two lines; my tongue doesn't even twist that way", Justin gets the title
 "I'm a white girl, I can't do vibes", Diana when the judge complains about her lack of vibes
 "Phonetics really help, specially in our line of work", Joey the reporter
 "You want us white guys to have some rhythm?", Joey after receiving scathing critique from the judge

Denise & Earl Jones run into problems at the detour. They want to do crab but find out the hard way that there are more than one restaurant in Paris called La Cupole. They arrive at not the right one. After wasting a bit of time here they decide to do the rap instead. They then have a hard time finding this place as well, but eventually they get there.

The other teams wanting to do crab seem to have no problem finding the right place.
 "Controlling a knife isn't too different whether it is oysters or people. I've got to be more accurate with people though.", Rick

Logan & Chris arrive at the restaurant just as Tanner & Josh leave at 14:06. This gives them hope since they realize they are not that far behind.

Denise & James Earl seem have lost their magic from the previous leg and they really struggle with the rapping.
 "The more I tried, the more frustrated I got", Denise
 "This is by far the hardest day for us", James Earl
They struggle so much in fact that the episode ends before they have completed the task. At that time they have made 18 failed attempts.

Teams complete the detour in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana, rap, on their 4th attempt (HR 118 & 130)
 2(+1) Tiffany & Krista, rap, on their 1st attempt (HR 95 & 128)
 3(+3) Cindy & Rick, crab, on their 1st attempt
 4(+0) Kelsey & Joey, rap, on their 8th attempt
 5(-4) Tanner & Josh, crab, on their 2nd attempt (HR 120 & 112)
 6(+1) Logan & Chris, crab, on their 2nd attempt
 DNF   Denise & James Earl, rap

The next clue is just a postcard showing a famous Parisian bridge. Teams need to make their way there. Any taxi driver worth their salt recognizes Pont Alexandre III and can take teams to it. Here teams find another clue box in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana
 2(+0) Tiffany & Krista
 3(+1) Kelsey & Joey
 4(+1) Tanner & Josh
 5(-2) Cindy & Rick
 6(+0) Logan & Chris

Roue info: "Search for Phil across from the iconic monument where the first team will triumph". The clue also says "Warning, the last team to check in may be eliminated".

This clue sends teams to Arc de Triomphe where Phil awaits.
 "Justin, read the clue", Diana comes with a much needed reminder as they search for Phil
 "Unless somebody really messed up Phil may be saying goodbye to us", Chris suspect they are last

Teams reach Phil in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana
 2(+0) Tiffany & Krista
 3(+0) Kelsey & Joey
 4(+0) Tanner & Josh
 5(+0) Cindy & Rick
 6(+0) Logan & Chris
 ? Denise & James Earl

Instead of awarding prices Phil hands teams their next clue and tells them the next leg starts right now. This clue is a route info: "Travel by train to Rotterdam".

"Hey, be nice to her", Phil to Justin

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:25:59 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »
NEOBIE'S EP 6 MAPS!

Leg 6
Thanks Slowhatch!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:30:28 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 05:28:33 PM »
Leg 6: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe → Paris, France

FILM DATES: July 3
AIR DATE: October 30

ROUTE INFO:   Victoria Falls Bridge
ROADBLOCK:   Perform bungee jump

ROUTE INFO:   Fly to Paris, France

ROUTE INFO:   Pont Alexandre III

ROUTE INFO:   Sacré-Cœur

ROUTE INFO:   La Ferté-Alais
ROADBLOCK:   Involves flying a warbird aircraft

ROUTE INFO:   Quai de la Tournelle
DETOUR A:       "Drop mics" with French rapper Passi

ROUTE INFO:   La Coupole
DETOUR B:       Prepare a French seafood dish

PIT STOP:       Place Charles de Gaulle

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:Phil's clue in back pocket indicates possible KOR leg

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:36:18 AM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 05:45:18 PM »
 :<3
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:28:05 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 05:50:28 PM »
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S6yUdEm14b8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/S6yUdEm14b8</a>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:56:19 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 05:51:04 PM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:59:10 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 05:51:23 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:01:35 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 04:30:09 AM »
I Watch the preview of this leg yesterday and i've got some Information. I lived near Paris so i know some things about the city and the suburb. The Route Info at "La ferté alais" with the plane task is not at Paris. La Ferté Alais is a small town in the South of Paris, in the countryside. To go to Ferté Alais, there is no direct bus from Paris, it's at 60km of the capital so the taxi will be very expensive. The only way to go la ferté alais is the rer D, a train line who run across the paris suburb. The problem is that la ferté alais rail station is on a poor trafic section (between Paris and Malesherbes). I take this section a few times and la ferté alais and some others rail station are on the countryside. For the direction between Paris and la ferté alais, there is a train every hour in the two sides. If you missed the train by a few seconds, you must wait 1h before the other train. If you finish the plane task with a big advance or a big delay, you must wait train so you could lose your advance or increased your delay. On the preview, we saw the rail station of La ferté Alais with a green line on a panel, sign of the rer D. So, probably a transportation drama!

Some other information with the nearest subway station near the route info:

Pont Alexandre III (RER c: Invalides)
Sacré cœur (Subway line 2: Anvers and Funicular to sacré cœur)
Place Charles de Gaulle étoile (a lot of connection)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
Bringing this from the live update thread:

I am surprised that Bungee is actually the roadblock of Leg 6  :ascared
I cannot really think of a reason for Tanner electing to do a Height challenge  :o

So Bungee > RB
Rap or Aircraft > Detour ?

Looking at his reaction, I wonder if this is a "If your partner did the free-falling RB on the previous leg you must perform this one".  ???

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
Preview and caps are up!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 01:48:16 PM »
I can't get the proper angle on the covered staircase, but I'm thinking 38-46 are at the train station next to the warbird task (photo source).

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 02:22:36 PM »
My eagle eye recognized that the spot where Tiffany & Krista "drop the mic" appears to be Quai de la Tournelle, the same place as Canada's Pit Stop in Paris (where Alain & Audrey got engaged). That building in the background was the tipoff.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Pont_de_l'archev%C3%AAch%C3%A9_vu_du_quai_de_la_tournelle-20050628.jpg
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:57:02 PM by Maanca »

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 02:37:58 PM »
The Amazing Race - My Tongue Doesn't Even Twist That Way (Preview)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/e3E_Jt1XUec" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/e3E_Jt1XUec</a>

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 03:37:46 PM »
Caps from the second preview!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:04:27 PM by Alenaveda »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 03:38:09 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:07:40 PM by Alenaveda »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »
Last part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:11:34 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 04:14:29 PM »

:funny: :funny:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 07:51:28 PM »
Does this means that Logan and Chris missed the train by seconds and needs to wait for like an hour?
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 08:47:59 PM »
She didn't say they missed the train, but it's a good assumption. The timetables I've looked at put the RER line D ( La Ferté-Alais to Gare de Lyon, a 65 min. trip) at 15 min. intervals during the morning rush hours, ½ hour at evening rush hours and 1 hr. intervals in-between.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 09:45:18 PM »
^ Just saying that I would have the same reaction if I missed a train like that. And they we're shown in the platform with no train and few if no passengers (which probably meant that a train just left) and Logan saying something like they got some lead... Hope they will survive such misfortune though.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 08:11:47 PM »
Chris did both Zipline and Bungee so it's not like if you did the Zipline, the other has to did this bungee.

Rap task might be a Detour but warbird is more like a RB because only Justin is doing it, isn't he?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »
Maybe it's a double RB leg as seen in international seasons (ie teams are free to load both RBs onto a single person; I believe Justin does both the bungee and plane?)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 10:28:18 PM »
Maybe it's a double RB leg as seen in international seasons (ie teams are free to load both RBs onto a single person; I believe Justin does both the bungee and plane?)

Those black and white screencaps are from last episode.