Author Topic: EP 6: "Sleep Deprivation is Really Starting to Irritate Me." ( Wends @ 8:00 ET)  (Read 59423 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I could just kiss you banzai  :kuss: , thank you so much !!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Can anyone make out what Lori is saying as she and Dave cross the street and reach the corner.  I can't quite make it out but it sounds like she may be saying "its right there"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Lori says " lets rock this " or something but her mouth isn't moving so it's dubbed over . Actually Wally Bransen said that TPTB have transcripts , word for word , what was said and that TPTB like to stick them wherever they want to make the racers seem stupid and to trick us  :meow:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ray
Joseph

David/Lori are MIA

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
We now have Ray playing kayak polo.  But I think that the second shot is not a TAR team member; all of the other shots of TAR people have them in yellow while the " professionals" are always in Red. 

The shot of the two people carrying swordfish in silhouette shadows (lengthy) through process of elimination seem to show that they are Michelle (on the left) and lake on the right.  She is carrying fish with both hands and he has it slung over his shoulder.

One shot really has me stumped for now.  We now have good shots of Eric and Jeremy at the Roman Amphitheatre in Piazza Stesicoro; Eric is carrying yellow clue enverlope and starts to turn away from the gate while Jeremy seems to go throuh the gate and start to descend some steps. Their reaction is that they are looking for something and the Piazza Stesicoro is not the right place.  But in another shot, which seems to be earlier in time, both Eric and Jeremy are shown running around the corner of a black (volcanic?) stone wall.  Neither one is carrying a clue envelope and neither one has a TAR fanny pack either (nor are they wearing their backpacks).  So where are they?  Where do they go first before the Piazza Stgesicoro? Or is the black wall part of the Roman Amphitheatre which is not shown in the overall shot of the piazza which has been shown seperately? The time for both shots seems to be early morning just after sunrise.

Maybe, Chateau can help out on this one.  We have clear shot of Ray and Yolanda (without backpacks) running toward us down a street with very little traffic; this could be Via Etnea which is a semi pedestrain only street with very little traffic; it if is then they are running southeast toward the rising sun.  From the length of the shadow I would estimate that it is about two or three hours after sunrise which would make it between 8:30 and 10:30AM. By the way Via Etnea runs from Piazza Della Borsa site of some Roman Ruins to Piazza Duomo.  Since they are carrying a yellow clue envelope, they may have received it at the Roman ruins and are now proceeding to Piazza Duomo which is at one end of Via Garibaldi site of the fish market.

Now the BIG guestions are:

1.  How do the teams get from Segesta Temple to Catania?

2.  What time do the teams arrive in Catania?

3.  Is there a Fast Forward? 

4.  Where are David and Lori?

5.  Is this the first NEL Leg?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:18:01 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
One shot really has me stumped for now.  We now have good shots of Eric and Jeremy at the Roman Amphitheatre in Piazza Stesicoro; Eric is carrying yellow clue enverlope and starts to turn away from the gate while Jeremy seems to go throuh the gate and start to descend some steps. Their reaction is that they are looking for something and the Piazza Stesicoro is not the right place.  But in another shot, which seems to be earlier in time, both Eric and Jeremy are shown running around the corner of a black (volcanic?) stone wall.  Neither one is carrying a clue envelope and neither one has a TAR fanny pack either (nor are they wearing their backpacks).  So where are they?  Where do they go first before the Piazza Stgesicoro? Or is the black wall part of the Roman Amphitheatre which is not shown in the overall shot of the piazza which has been shown seperately? The time for both shots seems to be early morning just after sunrise.

I posted some pics of the amphitheater a few pages back. These look like the same place to me. Note the railing up top, the palm tree and the same type crumbling walls.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

OK G'man, I will try some answers ... or rather opinions.

1.  Even though each team has a car, I say the take charter flights to Catania.  I like the idea of 3 planes leaving 30 minutes apart.  We need a bunching point, and this could be part of the bunching.

2.  Total guess ... 8 am, 8:30 am, 9:00 am.

3.  Yes, we have our first FF.

4.  Dave and Lori are FF hunting.

5.  Lake and Michelle lose all their possessions for our first NEL!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
some  Catania street scenes, they don't mean anything but I have them in my files so ..........a few are Via Etnea Gman.

lists of bars & restaurants ,shopping
http://www.vivicatania.net/cat.php/cat-5/Birrerie.html
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 06:10:15 PM by Puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

1.  How do the teams get from Segesta Temple to Catania? Fly sounds good to me but what do I know?  }^{

2.  What time do the teams arrive in Catania? Early morning , it starts off as a nice sunny day in Cantania

3.  Is there a Fast Forward?   Nope

4.  Where are David and Lori? running for there lives because Ray and Yolanda are in better shape physically  :pedaler:

5.  Is this the first NEL Leg? Nope

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
this area looks rich and you can see the Italian designer clothings so I think they deliver the swordfishes to a restaurant.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TV preview patterns

episode 2: Lisa/Joni were MIA and Lisa/Joni were eliminated
episode 3: Dave/Lori were MIA but were saved since it's a TBC
episode 4: Wanda/Desiree were MIA and Wanda/Desiree were eliminated
episode 5: Double Ds were MIA and Double Ds were eliminated

if this pattern holds, Dave/Lori will be eliminated since they were MIA

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
TV preview patterns

Actually, Wanda/Desiree were shown lost and arguing. :js:

I think that Dave/Lori are taking the Fast Foward. Why are you guys so sure this leg don't have one? :(

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
^^ lol, they showed Lisa/Joni had some problems with the stick shift too

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm on a roll. Located the exact spot (well, within a few feet) where Fran & Barry were selling fish in the Fish Market in Catania. 

Here is the link to the Fish Market photo (I would have posted it, but it's just too large).

Fran & Barry were standing right behind the fat guy with the balloons in the photo linked above (and thumbnail below).  For reference, I included the vidcap below.  Compare the tiled roof in the background and umbrella stalls. (see arrow in vidcap below).

:)  thanks for the thumbnail pix, puddin
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 08:35:09 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
n/p Boingo

I'm still in Sicily , just looking around  *sigh*

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
some  Catania street scenes, they don't mean anything but I have them in my files so ..........a few are Via Etnea Gman.

:jumpy:  Cool, puddin actually posted a picture of the same Catania fish market (in the street scenes), but from the upper level.  Note stairs and railing going down to where the balloon guy is standing.     :woohoo:

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
TV preview patterns

LJ and WD were very shown having problems.
Dees were totally MIA but they yield that emliminated them sure was.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan

I posted some pics of the amphitheater a few pages back. These look like the same place to me. Note the railing up top, the palm tree and the same type crumbling walls.

That's it; that's an exact match.  Note the columns and gate at the top with steps leading down. So teams arrive at the gate, go down the stairs, then around the end of the wall (this is where we see the Beach Boys for the first time) back along the stone wall under where the camera is and where the clue box probably is; find the clue and then go back up the stairs and through the gate (this is where we see E/J for the second time and they now have the clue in hand.  This clue I imagine leads them down toward the Piazza Duomo where they find the DETOUR Clue: CASH or CARRY.The tasks are done in the Fish Market along Via Garibaldi which leads off from the Duomo.  What looks like Jeremy starting to go down the stairs again is really that he is reaching over the close the gate again.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
this area looks rich and you can see the Italian designer clothings so I think they deliver the swordfishes to a restaurant.

If your look closely at the picture, the sign says "MODA" which means fashion.  Maybe we can find the name of the store. 

I hope this helps.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like I may have found a match of puddins pictures and a vidcap of Lori & Dave running.

This looks like the same street but looking from different ends.  The Dave & Lori view is looking up a street with a slight hill.  The other is looking down a hill.  Note the buildings, the balconies, the shrubbery, the little thingy on the roof, etc.
I think puddin found another one (and didn't even know it).   :woohoo:    :jumpy:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 10:43:47 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Your too much Boingo !! Now if only that street had a name . Search engines are great but somtimes they don't give enough details .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster

If your look closely at the picture, the sign says "MODA" which means fashion.  Maybe we can find the name of the store. 

I hope this helps.

I thought it said Aqua  :lol:

If it is this store it is on Via Etnea and literally around the corner from the amphitheater in Piazza Stescicoro. I thought the clue said they have to carry the fish 1/3 mile, right? Google Earth shows a measurement from the fish market to this point as .45 miles.

Moda Group (S.L.R.)
95124 Catania - Via Etnea 187/189

« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 11:02:12 PM by supsandalee »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Your too much Boingo !! Now if only that street had a name . Search engines are great but somtimes they don't give enough details .
I don't suppose you remember the web page where you found the photo.  It may contain additional info on the scene.    ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 10:57:30 PM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I thought the clue said they have to carry the fish 1/3 mile, right?

According to Google Earth, the fish market is .39 miles from Piazza Stescicoro.  Ya think?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well if that is the right place then BJ and Tyler are right at the delivery point.