Author Topic: EP6: "I'm Sick Of Doing Stuff I Can't Do "  (Read 36761 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP6: "I'm Sick Of Doing Stuff I Can't Do "
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2005, 10:26:50 PM »
For who's driving what van we have: the Linzs in red and the Weavers in dark blue. The Bransens are shown running around a dark blue van but we can't tell if it is theirs. I re-watched the video and I'm pretty sure that the Paolos got out of a white van. There may be two white vans parked in a row and the Gaghans were in front of one.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2005, 10:46:06 PM »
 don't know if these are " the vans " but in this picture I see 2 white vans and a structure

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2005, 10:53:07 PM »
I think it's just one white van that is reflected on two non-coplanar surfaces.   :<(
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2005, 11:03:53 PM »
Godlewskis have a greenish van
Linz Red van
Weavers dark van ? Dark green ? Dark Blue ?

all I can see in the run

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2005, 11:06:18 PM »
I think it's just one white van that is reflected on two non-coplanar surfaces. :<(

8-)' Does that mean just one white van ?? ( puddin googles non- coplanar and still doesnt understand )

eta: Nevermind  {l{

eta add this from the CBS promo

« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:18:25 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2005, 11:15:34 PM »
The only thing I can offer about the shadows:
  • According to the translation of this site, Doka is 4500 ft above sea level on the slopes of Poas Volcano
  • Use Google Earth to search for "Sabanilla, Costa Rica." Enable the volcano overlay.
  • Pick a spot halfway between Sabanilla and Poas peak--a terraced spot on the slopes.
  • Enable the lat/long grid and make a guess.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2005, 03:19:33 PM »

This vid cap is the Poas Volcano which Doka Estates is close to.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2005, 07:11:39 PM »
Nice Match sups   =]/

posted on Aug 2nd,Costa Rica
Well, I'm in Costa Rica right now, and I learned something from a travel agency. They told me some teams went to that Travel Agency to book a bus into the jungle. I can't exactly say that I saw the TAR 8 teams, but I did learn that they took that bus into the nearby jungle to perform either a detour or roadblock. Hope this helps, and like I said, I can't verify this, but I hope it's true!!!
http://graylinecostarica.com/graylinetouristbus.html

« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 08:30:35 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2005, 07:25:05 PM »
Nice match supsandalee!  |#'

In this shot it looks like one of the Bransen girls has a broken wrist.  It looks like a cast on her left.

What happened at that Pit Stop?

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2005, 07:27:06 PM »
And here too.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2005, 09:47:53 PM »
thats interesting Chateau.. maybe Carissa Gaghan slammed her  _-^ ]*]  ..afterall she is the Demon Child !!  /{}

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2005, 10:17:58 PM »
After reading everything and a little research here's some thoughts that might piece this episode together.

With the location of Doka Estates to the airport, the roadblock should be first. Don't know what happens between the roadblock and detour but the teams should travel to Quepos to pick up clue for the detour. Quepos is a 3  1/2 hour drive from San Jose. The roads are paved but still subject to potholes, animals, pedestrians, has no line markings, no safety signs, and several one-lane bridges. Driving is not safe at night. TAR might not want to take risks of teams getting lost after dark therefore they might have them take buses which run daily (or they could take a 20 min. flight). If this is the case then all shots we have of them in vans happen early morning from airport through roadblock and into San Jose to catch bus.

Quepos is a small ocean village with a downtown center of 6 square blocks (shopping including surf shops mentioned). Manuel Antionio National Park is only 5 miles south of Quepos. Here we have a good match for the suspension bridge.

And thats all for now.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2005, 10:41:31 PM »
We know that Slowhatch definately nailed Doka Estates but here's more evidence. It almost has to be the same ramp in the vid cap. down to the green gutters.

Puddin: The grounds are very nicely manicured at Doka so it very well could be where the Weavers get stuck. The Paolos are driving a white van so they would still be at the roadblock unless the Gaghans are also in a white van which I'm not sure yet.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2005, 10:51:46 PM »
Looks good sups  |#'  .. I rewatched the  CBS promo one more time
this is when they are on the Skywalk ..and the camara pans down , underneath of it . Maybe we can match it up with the Manuel Antonio National Park .

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2005, 11:14:25 PM »
I could swear I've seen that before...I'll keep looking. For the sake of reference, I found this map while rummaging around (it's from a real estate site, so ignore the arrow and text).

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2005, 12:09:33 AM »
Forget what I said about Manuel Antonio having the good match for the suspension bridge. As slowhatch identified a few pages back, there's a well matched photo at Rainmaker Rainforest Reserve which is 14 miles north of Quepos. This picture from Rainmaker looking down at a river might match your vid cap puddin. Directions:

From Quepos/Manuel Antonio

Depart main highway to San Jose. Rainmaker sign is visable just after the town of Pocares. Turn right and follow signs to the entrance of Rainmaker through the village of San Rafael Norte. Rainmaker is 22 kilometers from the Center of Quepos

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2005, 12:37:47 AM »
Right sups Rainmaker not Manuel Antonio National Park ..I keep mixing those 2 up  8-)'  .. not brain worthy ..

I had to come back to say I don't think its the Paolos this week ...just thinking outloud .
after the Roadblock teams head by bus ? to Quepos

in this vidcap we see the younger Paolo kid running with the Bransens ( dad Bransen still in long pants or its someone else ? but I'm sure the gal in the green top is a Bransen gal ).. and from watching the Preview the Paolo's do the Banana detour  and as DJ says and the webclues state "Meanwhile, two Racers watch in awe as one member of their family out-muscles them" DJ & Family have a confessional about Papa 's strength .. if the Paolo's nail the detour then they are probably safe leaving us with either the Gaghans or Bransens for the boot ..we see the Bransens struggling abit carrying the Idols over the skywalk in the Rainforest "Another family struggles with a seemingly simple task and watches their lead over the others quickly dwindle. "

Last the other webclue "In an exciting foot race to the mat, teams are within seconds of each other as they fight exhaustion to claim first prize"
the clue says they are racing for first place not last place ..I think the Linzes finally get a 1st place spot ..just a hinky ..also I get the feeling its the Linzes that Yield the Weavers ..which of course probably won't hurt them .. finding that one bean will be pure luck , could take one team seconds and another team hours .. "Will a single coffeebean cause one team the race?

Godewskis safe per Toronto Spoiler

Linz safe per betting  spoiler

Weavers safe per EP7 press release

We also have a spoiler of an Adult with 3 children spotted in Canada ..could be Bransens or Weavers ..I think the Weavers are getting the final 3 editing .

unsafe /unknown

Gaghans
Paolo's
maybe Bransens ?

Quepos map

« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 01:08:33 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2005, 01:00:11 AM »
Ya know the Gaghans are bound to have problems with this episode detour choices. Each Bransen is carrying a statue that looks about the size of Carissa Gaghan. If they choose that detour the parents will have to double back to get them all. If they do the bananas the kids proabably can't help much. The Gaghans have the clear disadvantage this week.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2005, 01:02:43 AM »
I was thinking those statue pieces look very light.  Like they are made of styrofoam.  Even the Bransen girl is carrying it easily and she has a busted wrist.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2005, 01:21:05 AM »
Yes, I'm in  Paolo denial  {l{  , am not ready to let them go just yet .. even if the statues dont weigh alot carrying them over those slippery skywalks could slow you down ..

nothing much , just caught another team ( large backpack ) passing the Paolos,  as they venture out of Panama ?

another shot of the hand ..good eyes Chateau

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2005, 01:40:59 AM »
Puddin, do you have , or can you summon, the down-loadable AOL video? 

I can't get a picture to show for the one at the AOL site.

From the audio track it sounds like dad Paolo saying "one chance in 5 to win a million".  So that would mean they are in the clear.  And is that one of the Linzen who says they don't want to yield anybody?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2005, 09:05:11 AM »
I listened to the audio last night and clearly heard someone say a 1 out of 5 chances of winning a million dollars ... tensions are going to get higher. Those were edited togther. Can't tell who's voice or if they are different voices. I thought it was peculiar since there are six teams left. I also can't tell who's voice says we're not going to be yielding anybody.

I'm using this link to download:

http://wms.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolentertainment/tv/2005/cbs/amazingrace/amazing_race_episode_six_preview_700.wmv

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2005, 09:44:13 AM »
Try this Chateau ..wish banzai were around  :':')

At the yield you hear someone say  " I deserve to get higher " I think its the Linzes or Gaghans ? but it could be dubbed ,we never see whos talking .
Also in the CBS promo the Voice over "winning means staying together "

crank up your speakers

http://www.jusspress.com/day.php?userid=23832&currentDate=20051030&currentTime=103744
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 10:15:32 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2005, 10:14:13 AM »
The site that banzai uses , as good as I can get it . 

AOL promo EP6 

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RBPDHSWLJKYW0SDVJL2V22XMD

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2005, 10:22:26 AM »
It's the same clip, but this one is more than 17 mb. Did you find a different source, or is this the conversion process to AVI?