Author Topic: EP6: "I'm Sick Of Doing Stuff I Can't Do "  (Read 37860 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP6: "I'm Sick Of Doing Stuff I Can't Do "
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2005, 10:25:11 AM »
I captured it with  snagit   , I really know no other way ...   }}

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2005, 10:33:44 AM »
Thanks; I'll have to give it a try. One thing I've learned about examining stills: a higher-quality source is always better than any amount of "unsharp masks" or other photo filters.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2005, 10:48:57 AM »
Lets do the CBS promo ..incase theres a clue

VO :These Amazing teams are on the most exciting race of their lifes
<Gaghans cheer - mud bogging , Bransens running - Talladega , Linzes being - mooned , Weavers cheering - bird watching ,Paolo's bungee jumping  >
Papa Paolo < bungee > : this is unbeliveable !!
VO: next stop  Costa Rica
Linz< running > time to rock &  roll
VO: where the terrain is treacherous
Female: oh ..thats high
Female : you guys ..I can't do this !!
VO: and the competition between teams is fierce
Male Linz: just suck it up and be mean for a day . Hahahaha
VO: and winning means staying together
" this is Awesome !"
VO: a new 3 time Emmy winning Amazing Race ...

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2005, 11:28:38 AM »
"You guys ... I can't do this" sounds like Godlewski, especially Chris the one that was whining and crying in the car on the Ponchartrain.

From the previews we don't see which detour the Godlewskis and Gaghans are doing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2005, 01:15:21 PM »
Where the heck are the Godlewskis ?? and yeah supsandalee ..whats up with this? also next weeks clue states something about " tensions" . I'll go listen again and try to pinpoint who says it .. |(

: supsandalee 
Insert Quote
I listened to the audio last night and clearly heard someone say a 1 out of 5 chances of winning a million dollars ... tensions are going to get higher. Those were edited togther. Can't tell who's voice or if they are different voices. I thought it was peculiar since there are six teams left. I also can't tell who's voice says we're not going to be yielding anybody.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2005, 04:39:03 PM »
You can download the AOL preview for TAR8 episode 6 @ mirror 1, mirror 2, or mirror #3.

CBS web promo: mirror 1, mirror 2, or mirror #3.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 04:51:16 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2005, 04:53:41 PM »
banzaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  {|  ..thank you , can you tell that we missed you ? your the man !!  :kuss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2005, 06:50:29 PM »
?? maybe ??

the entrance to poas

link
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 11:45:51 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2005, 07:25:13 PM »
Puddin those pics look great!  :]

So ....... they probably go from the airport to the poas volcano visitors center (which if they have to go inside opens at 8 am) and get the clue to go to Doka Estates for the roadblock.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2005, 09:13:56 PM »
Travel to San Jose Puerto Rica ( doesn't says fly ..whatever ? )

Your right it says "travel to San Jose Costa Rica" and not fly to.  I checked on Ep 3 and 5 and they both say "fly to ......"  *(^
The info below states the trip is 16 hours by bus. I doubt this would fit into the timeline but it's something to check. Jeez, could you see the Weavers on a 16 hour bus ride .... they would implode!  >^%

To & From Costa Rica
There are two major bus companies that offer service between Panama and Costa Rica; Tica Bus which offers service between Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, and Panaline which offers service between Panama and Costa Rica. The trip from San Jose to Panama City, via David, normally lasts about 16 hours.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2005, 10:13:05 PM »
This orange lettering is very hard for me to read; hope you go back to b&w soon.  Can anyone explain why we have all six vans neatly lined up on a paved parking area somewhere, and why all six teams are running toward the camera together? Is this the parking area for the poas volcano visitors center?  And who lined the vans up so neatly (backed into marked parking slots)?

Don't see the teams taking a 16 hour bus trip, and certainly the producers would not let them drive along the Pan American Highway at night - was not allowed for safety/security reasons when I was there and it certainly isn't any safer today. If a bus left at midnight it would not arrive until 4PM and this does not match our early morniong idea for the Roadblock.  But let's say they do take a bus leaving around 8AM, then the bus would arrive in San Jose around midnight, so maybe those night shots of the Paolos and others are after they arrive in San Jose and not before they leave in Panama.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2005, 11:14:56 PM »
Since the google earth won't let us get a clear view of the Poas Volcano area Gman ..can't be sure but the clothing that the teams are wearing fits with the Poa -Vol area  .. why are the vans backed in ? TPTB  ? If im in a hurry I would pull in and also ..they are so conveniently neatly lined up ..{l{  also the directions leaving Poa Volcano Park leads to Sarchi .. home of the painted ox-carts ,and then to the Doka Estates .

Gman have you ever visited the Poa Volcano ?? would love if you shared some photos ..its so beautiful  :t-up:

about the theme ,
I reset your theme Gman ..it annoyed me too
anyone else ? its easy to change ( its just till tomorrow )

Look and Layout Preferences
Current Theme: (change)
Iblues ( original theme )
save

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2005, 11:36:04 PM »
Found a picture of some folks parked near Poas Volcano park .. just noticed how neatly the cars are backed in ..maybe its a rule ? but still ..side by side   ]][  ?

ETA : thanks for the Webshots idea Slowhatch  :hapy: .

« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 11:46:57 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2005, 11:44:30 PM »
Another entrance shot from Webshots (I can't get the hyperlink working). Notice the median.
Whoops! you beat me to it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2005, 07:48:56 AM »
Supsandalee makes a good point about the travel options to San Jose.

But,  the sisters are shown begging for 40 dollars.

The bus web site http://www.ticabus.com/ing_rutas_horarios_panama.html lists a fare of 25 dollars per person.

This web site http://www.worldheadquarters.com/panama/arrival/ says that it costs around 10 dollars per person to get to or from the airport
If you share a taxi with others the prices is reduced per person. There are also small vans that take between 3-7 passengers, and they charge about $10.00 per person.

My guess is that they are begging for money to get to the airport so they can fly to Costa Rica.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2005, 08:19:57 AM »
My guess is that they are begging for money to get to the airport so they can fly to Costa Rica.

I really don't think they would have them travel 16 hours by bus but thought it was always an option since the clue didn't say "fly to".

Your probably right about the 40 bucks to get them to the airport. When the Godlewskis say they need 40 bucks they are getting into their own van during daylight (which they don't have in Panama) ...... BUT since there is so much voice dub over there is no telling when they say it.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2005, 09:01:20 AM »
Somewhere I read, that people had to get early before 10 to the volcano if the wanted to have a clear view of the volcano.  After that time clouds where on top of the volcano and the view was not good.  Can we then assume that this after 10am.   Just a thought.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2005, 10:18:22 AM »
fwiw you guys , like supsandalee  mentioned .." we need 40 $ " looks dubbed to me ..my guess is they say it probably before they ask the " gentelmen " for money .
Lots of dubbing all over the place ..I wouldn't be surprised if some of the " awesomes " and other dialogs were from past episodes ..
The one that gets me is the one supsandalee picked up on .." 1 in 5 chances of winning " when there are 6 teams left .Wish we could figure out who is saying it ..could be the Gaghan dad ? Bransen dad or Linz boy ? it doesnt sound like the Paolo's or Rolly .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2005, 11:17:16 AM »
fwiw you guys , like supsandalee  mentioned .." we need 40 $ " looks dubbed to me ..my guess is they say it probably before they ask the " gentelmen " for money .
Lots of dubbing all over the place ..I wouldn't be surprised if some of the " awesomes " and other dialogs were from past episodes ..
The one that gets me is the one supsandalee picked up on .." 1 in 5 chances of winning " when there are 6 teams left .Wish we could figure out who is saying it ..could be the Gaghan dad ? Bransen dad or Linz boy ? it doesnt sound like the Paolo's or Rolly .

I'm trying to pick up on the accent. I hope I don't offend anyone here but the way he says dollars like "dalahs" sounds yanky to me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2005, 12:29:11 PM »
Its a boy voice ...not a mans, but not Rolly either  .I'm going to play some of the shows later and see if I can pick it up ..supsandalee ..now I hear the 'dollahs" New York ..Boston ? |#'

leaning towards the Gaghan dad now .. {l{

fwiw~ EP5 ..mama Paolo says " I feel as a mother you have to take the punches and deal with it ...." in a confessional ..
reminds me of  EP7 title  : "  I Don't Roll With The Punches, I Punch"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 01:49:01 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2005, 02:58:34 PM »
eyemail

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2005, 03:35:25 PM »
Well we've got the locations of the roadblock and one detour down. I've looked all over for banana plantations. All I know is that there are plenty of them but I can't find a map or listing of any (especially in the Quepos area). Has anyone else had any luck?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2005, 05:29:17 PM »
Manuel Antonio Park and its many hotels sits on the other side of a mountain ridge from the small town of Quepos, about two hours south of Jaco. Before the tourism boom, Quepos survived on fishing and agriculture. It began its life as a company town, built in the 1930s to support the United Fruit banana plantations that lined the coastal plain. By the 1950s, production of African palm oil became the main source of income, after Panama disease destroyed the banana crop. On the long drive in, you'll pass rows and rows of tightly packed palm oil trees, as well as some surviving banana plantations. A few small company towns live on, distinguished by the geometrical arrangement of the turquoise houses, some built on stilts, usually around a soggy soccer field. Other agro-industries have sprung up to break the mono-crop

http://www.travel-costarica.org/pacifica/quepos.php

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2005, 07:41:25 PM »
Somewhere I also read that on the Dokas estate there is a hotel.  Could this be the pitstop of the race?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2005, 08:06:41 PM »
I was thinking that if Manuel Antonio is where the detours are perfomed , after the roadblock , then somewhere around this area might make a better pitstop . The park itself is historical ,charlierose ..do you know of any one place or structure /buliding that Phil might use as a pitstop?

Playa Manuel Antonio is one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica and has been rated one of the top ten in the world. The beach is a half mile long, perfect white sand crescent bordered by deep green mangroves and palms. The park abounds with wildlife and in a days visit it is possible to see iguanas, monkeys, sloths agoutis, paccaries armadillos, pisotes, coatimundis and raccoons.

Camping, accommodations and almost any service can be found within walking distance of the park.